Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid in Israel 21:43 - Sep 2 with 5551 viewsbritferry

They led the world in the vaccine rollout.

They are now the Covid hotspot

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Covid in Israel on 22:31 - Sep 2 with 2015 viewsbuilthjack

Rising like hell in this country too.
But people don't care.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Covid in Israel on 03:37 - Sep 3 with 1939 viewsangryjack

Goes to show vaccines is a con...they want you to have a 3rd vaccine.why?when first 2 don't work...
Covid in Israel on 07:03 - Sep 3 with 1904 viewsKilkennyjack

Covid in Israel on 22:31 - Sep 2 by builthjack

Rising like hell in this country too.
But people don't care.

People will get jail if the return to schools goes wrong.

Beware of the Risen People

Covid in Israel on 08:07 - Sep 3 with 1870 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Covid in Israel on 07:03 - Sep 3 by Kilkennyjack

People will get jail if the return to schools goes wrong.

Same applies in Welsh schools what is Drakeford going to do ?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Covid in Israel on 09:15 - Sep 3 with 1836 viewsScotia

The total population vaccinated in Israel though is only around 60% as the population is so young.

What is worrying is the apparent increase in those who have been fully vaccinated falling seriously ill. We need to get boosting.
Covid in Israel on 09:41 - Sep 3 with 1825 viewsCatullus

Covid in Israel on 09:15 - Sep 3 by Scotia

The total population vaccinated in Israel though is only around 60% as the population is so young.

What is worrying is the apparent increase in those who have been fully vaccinated falling seriously ill. We need to get boosting.

Vaccinated people are getting ill because the effects wear off after 5-6 months. Looks like we'll need 2 boosters per year to stay safer.

Younger people not getting vaccinated are helping to spread it. People who have been vaccinated but then ignore the safety advice we all followed for so long are also spreading it.

It's never going away, we have to learn to live with it.

My son returns to school Tuesday (more inset days than school days it seems) and it's a wait to see what happens, what precautions they take and what the outcomes are. PHE says schools are not infection hubs, they said that the first time around and they were wrong. Anywhere were large groups gather closer together are infection hubs.

In Israel, did people make the mistake of thinking getting vaccinated gave them immunity?

We all have to accept that we need to learn to get on with our lives the best way we can and some precautions are here to stay. I'll have the jabs when offered, I'll wash my hands and use the gel sanitiser, I'll wear a mask in shops when others are too and otherwise get on with my life.
Then it's wait to see if any new variants cause concerns!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Covid in Israel on 09:50 - Sep 3 with 1816 viewsonehunglow

and the alternative to vaccination is what?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Covid in Israel on 09:56 - Sep 3 with 1814 viewsCatullus

Covid in Israel on 09:50 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

The alternative is for everybody to simply carry on as mormal and see how long it takes for the NHS to collapse, to see how many die and then deal with the consequences.

Of course those consequences will be ongoing and with new variants and more people getting seriously ill many services could/would collapse. Food distribution is already struggling, shops are having food shortages, many places are still short staffed. If we let covid run riot the worst case scenario is a complete societal collapse.

Maybe that's what the conspiracy theorists want? Anarchy.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid in Israel on 10:05 - Sep 3 with 1802 viewsScotia

Covid in Israel on 09:56 - Sep 3 by Catullus

The alternative is for everybody to simply carry on as mormal and see how long it takes for the NHS to collapse, to see how many die and then deal with the consequences.

Of course those consequences will be ongoing and with new variants and more people getting seriously ill many services could/would collapse. Food distribution is already struggling, shops are having food shortages, many places are still short staffed. If we let covid run riot the worst case scenario is a complete societal collapse.

Maybe that's what the conspiracy theorists want? Anarchy.

Societal collapse maybe what some of them want, but the others are too stupid to realise that is exactly what could happen. Even if only over the short term.

Vaccination is the only way out, with boosters likely too.

I just wish the JCVI would make up their mind. I'm starting to get a little worried for some of the vaccinated older folks now, waning immunity and the virus surging over the Autumn could see some dying prematurely. Hopefully protection from serious illness will endure.
Covid in Israel on 10:12 - Sep 3 with 1794 viewsCatullus

Covid in Israel on 10:05 - Sep 3 by Scotia

Societal collapse maybe what some of them want, but the others are too stupid to realise that is exactly what could happen. Even if only over the short term.

Vaccination is the only way out, with boosters likely too.

I just wish the JCVI would make up their mind. I'm starting to get a little worried for some of the vaccinated older folks now, waning immunity and the virus surging over the Autumn could see some dying prematurely. Hopefully protection from serious illness will endure.

I wonder how these conspiracists would feel about food riots, not being able to get an ambulance, fire service or police response, about the army being on the streets and then food rationing as the authorities tried to restore order?

The young don't seem too bothered, not until it's their family member that dies anyway, it's different then.

It doesn' help of course that we have a complete and utter idiot in 10 Downing and Parochial, slow to react buffoons in Cardiff bay.

Covid in Israel on 10:24 - Sep 3 with 1784 viewswhiterock

Great topic, I have had two jabs and will have my booster, when called, many say it don't work but death rates are down and hospitalisation is down, although that is starting to creep up.

The figures of 38,000 cases a day are false, my son had symptoms, wasn't going to get tested until I made him as it affected me (living in the same household), we both got tested, he was positive, I was negative, the family isolated for 10 days, my point is, how many are out there that feel unwell but just stay home until they feel better?

The vaccine alone will not cure this pandemic, we all have to do our bit, to eradicate it completely may be impossible but if we all follow the guidelines we have a chance, I also think that the kids are the super spreaders, why are they not getting a jab?

I still wear my mask in a pub or restaurant, get some stupid looks, I'll live (that's the plan)
Covid in Israel on 10:28 - Sep 3 with 1782 viewswhiterock

Covid in Israel on 03:37 - Sep 3 by angryjack

Goes to show vaccines is a con...they want you to have a 3rd vaccine.why?when first 2 don't work...

What's the alternative, death
Covid in Israel on 10:55 - Sep 3 with 1763 viewsonehunglow

Covid in Israel on 10:28 - Sep 3 by whiterock

Indeed it is but this far,Ronnie Stump et al have not had the guts to admit that is the case.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Covid in Israel on 12:00 - Sep 3 with 1724 viewsExiledJack

Or catch the virus like everyone will, recover and then have better immunity than someone who is vaccinated?
Covid in Israel on 12:08 - Sep 3 with 1718 viewswhiterock

Covid in Israel on 12:00 - Sep 3 by ExiledJack

Or catch the virus like everyone will, recover and then have better immunity than someone who is vaccinated?

Or catch the virus, take your chance and possibly die

The vaccine isn't a cure but neither was the Polio vaccine, but it helped to (almost) eradicate it

Like I said, I've had my two doses, happy to have a third when I'm called, you do what you think is best for you, not my problem
Covid in Israel on 12:45 - Sep 3 with 1679 viewsAjack_Kerouac

This is hysteria.

Even if we were all unvaccinated 99% of us would recover from the virus (with the antibodies we need to protect us in future).

The few people that would be in trouble are those who are either old or have a comorbidity...these people are all vaccinated now and will receive regular boosters.

There will be no societal collapse from Covid, there might be societal collapse from a permanently nobbled economy though...that's the real risk people should be worried about.

By the way, we keep hearing about how hospitals are on the verge of being overrun.
Can anybody point to any country in the world whose hospitals can't cope?
Whose country is collapsing n the manner described on this thread?
After all, many countries are way behind in terms of vaccinations (including in the EU) and have had less lockdown measures.
We have had 18 months of this now. Surely there is a society somewhere which is falling apart at the seams?
If not, why not?

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Covid in Israel on 13:04 - Sep 3 with 1666 viewshobo

The alternative is very simple. Treat it like the flu, and for everyone to get on with their lives as normal.

If someone feels safer wearing a mask, then wear one

Whoever wants a vaccine can have one - with priority given to the elderly and vulnerable.
Covid in Israel on 13:10 - Sep 3 with 1663 viewsangryjack

Covid in Israel on 10:55 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

Indeed it is but this far,Ronnie Stump et al have not had the guts to admit that is the case.

Well plenty had 2 jabs and died and plenty haven't had the jab caught it and lived some as any cold
Covid in Israel on 14:07 - Sep 3 with 1616 viewsScotia

Covid in Israel on 13:04 - Sep 3 by hobo

The alternative is very simple. Treat it like the flu, and for everyone to get on with their lives as normal.

If someone feels safer wearing a mask, then wear one

Whoever wants a vaccine can have one - with priority given to the elderly and vulnerable.

That would be fine if it was the flu. It's not, so it's bollox.
Covid in Israel on 14:14 - Sep 3 with 1612 viewshobo

Covid in Israel on 14:07 - Sep 3 by Scotia

That would be fine if it was the flu. It's not, so it's bollox.

That's why there's a vaccine for those most susceptible to it. With the vulnerable vaccinated it's exactly like the flu
Covid in Israel on 14:17 - Sep 3 with 1611 viewscontroversial_jack

If 2 shots aren't working, what's a third going to do?

After about 5 months we can consider ourselves unvaccinated.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 14:19]
Covid in Israel on 14:22 - Sep 3 with 1603 viewsScotia

Covid in Israel on 14:14 - Sep 3 by hobo

That's why there's a vaccine for those most susceptible to it. With the vulnerable vaccinated it's exactly like the flu

No it's not.

R0 of flu is about 1.3. R0 of the original strain of covid is about 2.6, the R0 of the delta variant is something like 6.3.

Without vaccination it is 1000 times more deadly than flu, the vaccine brings that down, but it's irrelevent because of the R0 being so much higher.

It's nothing like flu. I wish it was.
Covid in Israel on 14:26 - Sep 3 with 1599 viewsScotia

Covid in Israel on 14:17 - Sep 3 by controversial_jack

If 2 shots aren't working, what's a third going to do?

After about 5 months we can consider ourselves unvaccinated.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 14:19]

You've answered your own question there really.

I think it is longer than 5 months, more like 7 for significant reductions in symptomatic covid and hopefully far longer for severe covid. That applies to the pfizer jab, hopefully the Oxford jab will last a bit longer.

The studies also appear to relate to the viral load of vaccinated people and not how ill they are.

Hopefully those vaccinated in January with a second dose in March will receive a booster during October.
Covid in Israel on 14:46 - Sep 3 with 1583 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The overall percentage of their population Vaccinated is almost the same as the UK.
The only major difference is they used the Pfizer vaccine almost exclusively.
Covid in Israel on 14:55 - Sep 3 with 1577 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Covid in Israel on 09:50 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

Why don't you ask the Israelis?
They have just authorised that drug that doesn't work, except for everywhere that it does.
You know the one I mean, the one that is being attacked throughout the western world and Australia while the rest of the world uses it to save lives.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024