Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales doesn't need a prince! 23:29 - Sep 15 with 1483 viewsbritferry

They're up in Swansea, Aberdare and Caaardiff. The Swansea one is on the road out of town heading towards Dyfatty, where the garage used to be.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 08:59 - Sep 16 with 1160 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Trampie’s branching out a bit isn’t he.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 09:37 - Sep 16 with 1143 viewsjohnlangy

Perfectly said.
Wales doesn't need a prince! on 09:58 - Sep 16 with 1134 viewsCatullus

The UK doesn't need the Monarchy. It's an outdated concept and there is plenty of land owned by the Monarchy for them to retire to. The land owned by the country can be put to good use.

So retire the Monarchy do away with the titles and use all those assetts for the good of the country!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 10:00 - Sep 16 with 1133 viewsraynor94

Just as YesCymru has imploded

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 10:06 - Sep 16 with 1122 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 09:58 - Sep 16 by Catullus

The UK doesn't need the Monarchy. It's an outdated concept and there is plenty of land owned by the Monarchy for them to retire to. The land owned by the country can be put to good use.

So retire the Monarchy do away with the titles and use all those assetts for the good of the country!

It will just end up as someone else’s asset (that the public will have no say over or claim to it). May as well leave alone.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 10:25 - Sep 16 with 1112 viewsCatullus

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 10:06 - Sep 16 by Brynmill_Jack

It will just end up as someone else’s asset (that the public will have no say over or claim to it). May as well leave alone.

Those assetts are out of bounds to the public anyway, as long as the Monarchy has them. There has to be something better we can do.

Besides, we can still use the palaces as tourist attractions, still doall the pompand ceremony that the tourists enjoy, we'd just save all the money we give to the Royalty from the Civil list.

It's not for the same reasons as the Welsh nats but I do agree, Wales doesn't need a Prince, what does Charles do for us exactly?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 11:45 - Sep 16 with 1063 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 10:25 - Sep 16 by Catullus

Those assetts are out of bounds to the public anyway, as long as the Monarchy has them. There has to be something better we can do.

Besides, we can still use the palaces as tourist attractions, still doall the pompand ceremony that the tourists enjoy, we'd just save all the money we give to the Royalty from the Civil list.

It's not for the same reasons as the Welsh nats but I do agree, Wales doesn't need a Prince, what does Charles do for us exactly?

Before COVID the royalty generated many millions in tourism.
Do you wish to destroy that tourism when things get back to normal?
Because the world will get back to normal, even if it is a slightly different one to before.
Wales doesn't need a prince! on 12:27 - Sep 16 with 1053 viewsCatullus

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 11:45 - Sep 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Because the world will get back to normal, even if it is a slightly different one to before.

I'll put aside that tourism may never be the same again to point out that in countries where they used to have Rpyalty they still have tourism generated by the now defunct Royalty. That's why I said we can still do the pomp and circumstance, still have the changing of the guard at the Tower of London, still do the Queens birthday ceremony but obviously once the Queen is gone, no ore Royalty there, it just becomes an annual thing. People will still come to watch it.
However we would lose the expense of the civil list, the security, the travelling, the hangers on. People would still want to see inside Buckingham Palace, still go to the Tower.

Login to get fewer ads

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 12:51 - Sep 16 with 1044 viewsbritferry

I'm pro-monarchy but not having a royal family in place doesn't stop people going to see Paris

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 12:59 - Sep 16 with 1040 viewsProfessor

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 12:27 - Sep 16 by Catullus

I'll put aside that tourism may never be the same again to point out that in countries where they used to have Rpyalty they still have tourism generated by the now defunct Royalty. That's why I said we can still do the pomp and circumstance, still have the changing of the guard at the Tower of London, still do the Queens birthday ceremony but obviously once the Queen is gone, no ore Royalty there, it just becomes an annual thing. People will still come to watch it.
However we would lose the expense of the civil list, the security, the travelling, the hangers on. People would still want to see inside Buckingham Palace, still go to the Tower.

France gets far more tourism than the UK. Whilst London edges Paris for visitors, France has a whole has about 30 million more visitors than the UK.

It's either get rid, or a much smaller Royal Family (like the Netherlands). I know Charlie-boy is keen on a smaller monarchy, but the level of palaces and castles being maintained alone is ridiculous. (Buck House, Clarence House, Kensington, St James, Osborne House, Windsor, Balmoral, Sandringham without the private estates like Highgrove)
Wales doesn't need a prince! on 13:04 - Sep 16 with 1037 viewsjackrmee

If we killed the royal family and placed their dead bodies in glass cases on display, I'm sure this would bring in much more tourism from around the world than they do alive. We could transport them around the UK to give different cities a chance to get some tourist dollars in.
Just an idea. Don't shoot the messenger.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 16:18 - Sep 16 with 992 viewsCatullus

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 13:04 - Sep 16 by jackrmee

If we killed the royal family and placed their dead bodies in glass cases on display, I'm sure this would bring in much more tourism from around the world than they do alive. We could transport them around the UK to give different cities a chance to get some tourist dollars in.

Don't shoot the messenger just the Royal family eh

Don't woory, we're hardly gonna turn Bolshevik any time soon. I can wait til the Queen expires naturally, she's pretty much the only one I have any respect for, well her, Wills and Kate!

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 16:31 - Sep 16 with 984 viewsbritferry

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 13:04 - Sep 16 by jackrmee

it did wonders for Leicester

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 17:04 - Sep 16 with 968 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 12:59 - Sep 16 by Professor

France gets far more tourism than the UK. Whilst London edges Paris for visitors, France has a whole has about 30 million more visitors than the UK.

It's either get rid, or a much smaller Royal Family (like the Netherlands). I know Charlie-boy is keen on a smaller monarchy, but the level of palaces and castles being maintained alone is ridiculous. (Buck House, Clarence House, Kensington, St James, Osborne House, Windsor, Balmoral, Sandringham without the private estates like Highgrove)

Maybe that is because France has 9 land borders with, Spain, Switzerland, Germany Netherlands, Belgium, Andorra Luxembourg, Monaco. People often travel through France to get to the other 8 countries.

It also has land borders with Brazil and Suriname which border French Guyana which since 1946 is a fully integrated part of France and is in the EU.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 18:08 - Sep 16 with 949 viewsbritferry

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 17:04 - Sep 16 by felixstowe_jack

Maybe that is because France has 9 land borders with, Spain, Switzerland, Germany Netherlands, Belgium, Andorra Luxembourg, Monaco. People often travel through France to get to the other 8 countries.

It also has land borders with Brazil and Suriname which border French Guyana which since 1946 is a fully integrated part of France and is in the EU.

and Italy

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 18:28 - Sep 16 with 941 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 18:08 - Sep 16 by britferry

and Italy

Thanks I forgot hanibal invaded Italy/Rome by crossing the alps from France.

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 21:31 - Sep 16 with 892 viewsCatullus

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 18:28 - Sep 16 by felixstowe_jack

Thanks I forgot hanibal invaded Italy/Rome by crossing the alps from France.

Hannibal eh, and to think English tourists have a bad name. Those Carthaginians were proper naughty travellers and there weren't even cheap flights in 218 BC.

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 22:58 - Sep 16 with 871 viewsKilkennyjack

Fairs fair, we have an individual choice.

Rampant union jack shaggers can chose to contribute to Brenda and Charlie-boy.
Normal people can chose not to contribute.

I think thats sorted then…?

Otherwise we might have to follow the French and get rid.

Beware of the Risen People

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 08:24 - Sep 17 with 833 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 22:58 - Sep 16 by Kilkennyjack

Fairs fair, we have an individual choice.

Rampant union jack shaggers can chose to contribute to Brenda and Charlie-boy.
Normal people can chose not to contribute.

I think thats sorted then…?

Otherwise we might have to follow the French and get rid.

Still less than 20% of the Welsh population want independence to it is not going to happen in the next 50 years.

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 14:55 - Sep 19 with 746 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 08:24 - Sep 17 by felixstowe_jack

Still less than 20% of the Welsh population want independence to it is not going to happen in the next 50 years.

I can almost feel the fear 😎 ….. first up, Comrade Nicola …. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Johnson is the last hoorah of a dead toxic empire.

Beware of the Risen People

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 15:11 - Sep 19 with 733 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 14:55 - Sep 19 by Kilkennyjack

As long as people abide by referendum results.
Wales doesn't need a prince! on 20:40 - Sep 19 with 692 viewsCatullus

Another in a long line of Kilky predictions doomed to be wrong even before he'd posted them.

Nostradamus you are not.

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 21:49 - Sep 19 with 673 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 15:11 - Sep 19 by Treforys_Jack

As long as people abide by referendum results.

Like the once in a generation referendum that the SNP agreed to abide by.

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 21:51 - Sep 19 with 668 viewsfelixstowe_jack

One of the most successful countries in the World. The world's fifth largest economy.

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 00:07 - Sep 20 with 649 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wales doesn't need a prince! on 21:49 - Sep 19 by felixstowe_jack

Like the once in a generation referendum that the SNP agreed to abide by.

Exactly my point
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024