Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season changing match hopefully 17:04 - Sep 18 with 2569 viewsWalterBoyd

That will be great for morale.

Russ hopefully has a better idea after that, who to start with. His best players.

Let's use this as a springboard to an improved season.

There is light at end of the tunnel.
Season changing match hopefully on 17:09 - Sep 18 with 1448 viewsmagicdaps10

Will do wonders for Martin, the players and hopefully the fans.

We need to build on this.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Season changing match hopefully on 17:39 - Sep 18 with 1377 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Season changing match hopefully on 17:09 - Sep 18 by magicdaps10

For god's sake give it a rest, we managed to Draw.
You guys are making it sound like we won 6 nil.
Season changing match hopefully on 17:48 - Sep 18 with 1369 viewsWalterBoyd

The second half of football was one of the best I have seen for years.

Apologies for enjoying it and hoping this can help kickstart our season.
Season changing match hopefully on 18:34 - Sep 18 with 1322 viewsCatullus

Season changing match hopefully on 17:48 - Sep 18 by WalterBoyd

The second half of football was one of the best I have seen for years.

Apologies for enjoying it and hoping this can help kickstart our season.

Don't apologise for feeling positive after a great comeback. Better that than to be overly negative.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Season changing match hopefully on 18:46 - Sep 18 with 1313 viewsswan_si

Season changing match hopefully on 17:09 - Sep 18 by magicdaps10

Agreed 👍, glad you mentioned the fans, I thought they were absolutely brilliant.
Season changing match hopefully on 18:49 - Sep 18 with 1306 viewsKeithHaynes

Season changing match hopefully on 18:46 - Sep 18 by swan_si

Agreed 👍, glad you mentioned the fans, I thought they were absolutely brilliant.

It most certainly will tell the players how this system works, it genuinely needs a player like Ntcham to make it tick, not a Grimes with a Downes for sure. Ntcham was absolutely stunning today. We could have out seven past them in the second half.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Season changing match hopefully on 18:53 - Sep 18 with 1281 viewsDr_Winston

He's still managing players fitness to a degree since a certain someone couldn't be bothered to do it even though they were still getting paid to do so.

We have to be confident in our own ability to beat teams though. We're still a bit too concerned about the opposition than in selecting our own strongest team. Piroe, Obafemi and Ntcham have to play if fit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Season changing match hopefully on 18:53 - Sep 18 with 1285 viewsswan_si

Season changing match hopefully on 18:49 - Sep 18 by KeithHaynes

It most certainly will tell the players how this system works, it genuinely needs a player like Ntcham to make it tick, not a Grimes with a Downes for sure. Ntcham was absolutely stunning today. We could have out seven past them in the second half.

steady on, I would have been happy with four.
Login to get fewer ads

Season changing match hopefully on 19:00 - Sep 18 with 1278 viewsWalterBoyd

Season changing match hopefully on 18:34 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Don't apologise for feeling positive after a great comeback. Better that than to be overly negative.

Cheers, meant to up arrow you but did tbe opposite
Season changing match hopefully on 19:01 - Sep 18 with 1273 viewsmagicdaps10

Good post this with what is needed positivity 👍

OK it was only a draw but at half time I would have sold my soul for a point and had little hope we would come away with anything so with a glass half full view... GREAT POINT!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Season changing match hopefully on 19:07 - Sep 18 with 1268 viewsCatullus

Season changing match hopefully on 18:53 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

He's still managing players fitness to a degree since a certain someone couldn't be bothered to do it even though they were still getting paid to do so.

We have to be confident in our own ability to beat teams though. We're still a bit too concerned about the opposition than in selecting our own strongest team. Piroe, Obafemi and Ntcham have to play if fit.

I think the Piroe, Oba, Ntcham thing should be obvious given the difference with them all on the pitch.
Bench Walsh for Ntcham, Paterson for Piroe?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Season changing match hopefully on 19:11 - Sep 18 with 1249 viewsDr_Winston

Season changing match hopefully on 19:07 - Sep 18 by Catullus

I think the Piroe, Oba, Ntcham thing should be obvious given the difference with them all on the pitch.

Paterson for Piroe maybe.

Think we need to try a Downes-Ntcham-Walsh midfield at least once.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Season changing match hopefully on 19:12 - Sep 18 with 1257 viewsWalterBoyd

Season changing match hopefully on 19:07 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Ntcham currently head and shoulders ahead of Walsh.

It's nice to have the problem of getting all these very good new signings in the starting 11.

I thought Paterson had a good match.

Can we get Pirloe, Obenfami, Ntcham and Paterson all in the starting 11.
Season changing match hopefully on 19:16 - Sep 18 with 1239 viewsswan_si

Season changing match hopefully on 19:12 - Sep 18 by WalterBoyd

Ntcham currently head and shoulders ahead of Walsh.

It's nice to have the problem of getting all these very good new signings in the starting 11.

I thought Paterson had a good match.

Can we get Pirloe, Obenfami, Ntcham and Paterson all in the starting 11.

Paterson 2 good chances in 2 games, he may have missed both but he's getting in the box to have those opportunities, and takes the odd shot from outside the box.
Season changing match hopefully on 19:29 - Sep 18 with 1216 viewsjackrmee

Season changing match hopefully on 18:53 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

Agree.
And those 3 along with Laird, are the only nailed on players in the squad right now IMO.

Martin clearly wants Grimes in there, but the rest are still playing for their places and I'm not sure who I'd even pick.

I do like Downes and from what I've seen, Walsh.
Don't see a way he can fit all 4 midfielders in though, if we want to play 2 upfront, which I think we do.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Season changing match hopefully on 19:49 - Sep 18 with 1190 viewsCatullus

Season changing match hopefully on 19:29 - Sep 18 by jackrmee

Agree.
And those 3 along with Laird, are the only nailed on players in the squad right now IMO.

Martin clearly wants Grimes in there, but the rest are still playing for their places and I'm not sure who I'd even pick.

I do like Downes and from what I've seen, Walsh.
Don't see a way he can fit all 4 midfielders in though, if we want to play 2 upfront, which I think we do.

Ok, If we have Piroe and Oba upfront then it's Ntcham in the hole, Downes in the CM but who goes alongside him, Walsh or Grimes so probably Grimes. Then It's Laird one side so Bidwell the other?
Then do we go Bennett, Cabango and Cooper in the back three? Or Latibeaudiere for Cooper?
It's still Hamer in goal for me though.

How does that sound? It seems to me we can't fit Paterson in too but he's a good sub to have, if Ntcham tires or has an off day it's a straight swap.

Season changing match hopefully on 19:53 - Sep 18 with 1180 viewsWalterBoyd

Season changing match hopefully on 19:16 - Sep 18 by swan_si

Paterson 2 good chances in 2 games, he may have missed both but he's getting in the box to have those opportunities, and takes the odd shot from outside the box.

Paterson scored our first goal today.

Swans scored 3 great goals today. No simple tap ins.
Season changing match hopefully on 20:00 - Sep 18 with 1163 viewsswan_si

Season changing match hopefully on 19:53 - Sep 18 by WalterBoyd

Paterson scored our first goal today.

Swans scored 3 great goals today. No simple tap ins.

Thought I covered that with " the odd shot from outside the box", should have added a
Season changing match hopefully on 20:03 - Sep 18 with 1157 viewsonehunglow

Season changing match hopefully on 18:34 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Neither should fans be afraid to say if they are unhappy as we all were at 3.45 today.

A game we could and should have won

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Season changing match hopefully on 20:07 - Sep 18 with 1147 viewsjackrmee

Season changing match hopefully on 19:49 - Sep 18 by Catullus

Ok, If we have Piroe and Oba upfront then it's Ntcham in the hole, Downes in the CM but who goes alongside him, Walsh or Grimes so probably Grimes. Then It's Laird one side so Bidwell the other?
Then do we go Bennett, Cabango and Cooper in the back three? Or Latibeaudiere for Cooper?
It's still Hamer in goal for me though.

How does that sound? It seems to me we can't fit Paterson in too but he's a good sub to have, if Ntcham tires or has an off day it's a straight swap.

I really don t know who I'd play in defence. None of them have convinced me yet at all. Definitely not Lati.
I do think RM will o for Bennett and Williams with A N other.

I don't know what he's going to do in midfield either.
He obviousy loves Grimes. Ntcham got to play. He also loves Paterson I think too. Always brags him up.
It also looks like he likes to play 2 defensive mids, so that would be Grimes and Downes.
Still really open for debate there, hence why he hasn't played 2 upfront yet. I don't think he knows who to drop in the middle.

Agree with Hamer, but it's close. I think either will have us tearing our hair out half the season.
Stick with them though IMO. Benda will be good in future.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Season changing match hopefully on 20:09 - Sep 18 with 1142 viewsWalterBoyd

Season changing match hopefully on 20:03 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

Neither should fans be afraid to say if they are unhappy as we all were at 3.45 today.

Only 1 fan started a Thread after 33 minutes wanting him sacked luckily.

90 minute match. Plenty more matches ahead this season
we've just got started.
Season changing match hopefully on 20:13 - Sep 18 with 1128 viewsonehunglow

Season changing match hopefully on 20:09 - Sep 18 by WalterBoyd

Only 1 fan started a Thread after 33 minutes wanting him sacked luckily.

90 minute match. Plenty more matches ahead this season
we've just got started.

90 minute hey Walt.
Maybe that will mean going at it from the off.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Season changing match hopefully on 20:16 - Sep 18 with 1120 viewsSirjohnalot

Season changing match hopefully on 20:03 - Sep 18 by onehunglow

Yes but also a game which we should never have drawn from the position we were in. We’re still in September, this is a complete rebuild, players are still coming to full fitness, some having had COVID, it’s going to take a good couple of months. It takes a decent side to come back from 3-0. Had that game gone on longer we’d have won
Season changing match hopefully on 20:24 - Sep 18 with 1103 viewsBadlands

Often, when fans moan about a starting line up, it is said the manager knows the players better than fans. I think today showed that is not always true.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Season changing match hopefully on 20:25 - Sep 18 with 1097 viewsjackrmee

Season changing match hopefully on 20:24 - Sep 18 by Badlands

Often, when fans moan about a starting line up, it is said the manager knows the players better than fans. I think today showed that is not always true.

You're probably right. It's all new to everyone. Still getting to know one another

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024