Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... 09:15 - Sep 19 with 3224 viewsjackrmee

According to a couple of reports, Stevie wants Jay.

https://the72.co.uk/250674/inbound-nottingham-forest-boss-cooper-planning-to-rai

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2021/09/19/report-steve-cooper-wants-to-bring-

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 10:05 - Sep 19 with 2573 viewsonehunglow

Be a good move for him and us

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 10:08 - Sep 19 with 2588 viewsKeithHaynes

If the swans want to let him go Forest had better dig deep.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 10:16 - Sep 19 with 2576 viewsItchySphincter

Good player Fulton. He needs a coach who realises that he’s an attacking midfielder with a tackle in him, and not a defensive midfielder. He could turn out to be a Forest legend if handled correctly, especially in their current plight.

I would be sad to see him go but wish him the best if he’s not going to play here.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 10:17 - Sep 19 with 2575 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 10:08 - Sep 19 by KeithHaynes

If the swans want to let him go Forest had better dig deep.

Agree.
I really like Jay as a player. One of my favourites.
Loyal, reliable and very decent.

I can't see him playing as much as he did last season, simply because we have better players in midfield now.
It will be a real shame if he goes IMO.
Still 3 years on his contract, o he won't/shouldn't come cheap.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 10:51 - Sep 19 with 2519 viewsmax936

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 10:16 - Sep 19 by ItchySphincter

Good player Fulton. He needs a coach who realises that he’s an attacking midfielder with a tackle in him, and not a defensive midfielder. He could turn out to be a Forest legend if handled correctly, especially in their current plight.

I would be sad to see him go but wish him the best if he’s not going to play here.

Great player and greatly underappreciated here, a complete 100 percenter.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 13:19 - Sep 19 with 2426 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 10:51 - Sep 19 by max936

Great player and greatly underappreciated here, a complete 100 percenter.

I don't think he's under appreciated here at all! We've sung his praises no end of times. The sad truth is though, under the current regime he's not going to play any more than a bit part. So a move is the best thing for him and the club. I don't know how the Swans rate his price but it could be enough for Martin to bring in another CB, then I'd be looking to move Naughton and Bennett on too and see if that funds another , younger CB or at least one that can play as Martin wants him too.

The problem with some of our 'legacy' players (for want of a better term) is they had 2 years learning Cooperball and they may be struggling to make the change, specially the older players. So maybe a total change will better for them and us?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:01 - Sep 19 with 2375 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 13:19 - Sep 19 by Catullus

I don't think he's under appreciated here at all! We've sung his praises no end of times. The sad truth is though, under the current regime he's not going to play any more than a bit part. So a move is the best thing for him and the club. I don't know how the Swans rate his price but it could be enough for Martin to bring in another CB, then I'd be looking to move Naughton and Bennett on too and see if that funds another , younger CB or at least one that can play as Martin wants him too.

The problem with some of our 'legacy' players (for want of a better term) is they had 2 years learning Cooperball and they may be struggling to make the change, specially the older players. So maybe a total change will better for them and us?

I wonder how much he is actually worth... Got to be over a million with 3 years left.

I will be sad to see him go. I hope RM sees a job for him, but I think you're right. There are too many ahead of him.
Hard to let him go, but if it's best for him I guess it's the way forward.

Definitely need to get tidy wedge for him though.
As you say, we need players to fit RM's style.
Personally think a LWB is most important now.

ps. I've heard people saying about "legacy players". What do they mean exactly? Our biggest earners?

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:08 - Sep 19 with 2365 viewsjasper_T

Surplus to requirements at the moment. One good season where he could hold down a starting place in 7.5 years at the club. Hopefully we can recoup what we spent on him.
Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:14 - Sep 19 with 2356 viewssP7qupUf

Can we get Steveo to take Dhanda too?
Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:17 - Sep 19 with 2351 viewsjackrmee

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:08 - Sep 19 by jasper_T

Surplus to requirements at the moment. One good season where he could hold down a starting place in 7.5 years at the club. Hopefully we can recoup what we spent on him.

What was that? Few hundred thou?

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:24 - Sep 19 with 2333 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:14 - Sep 19 by sP7qupUf

Can we get Steveo to take Dhanda too?

The big losers of Cooperball are Fulton, Dhanda, Smith and obviously Lowe who has already gone.

The big ticket income stream has dried up. Lowe and Roberts going for a total of £4m. However Swansea has had add on's from Dan James and the 'Coopercompo' deal. £8m is the same a 4 x £2m.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:50 - Sep 19 with 2307 viewsjasper_T

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:17 - Sep 19 by jackrmee

About half a million with all bonuses paid.
Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:57 - Sep 19 with 2291 viewsmax936

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 13:19 - Sep 19 by Catullus

He's been slagged off on forums enough times. He's had issues with a few red cards, that happens when a player is as combative as he is. He's scored some important goals and has played very well in plenty of games, often looks to get forward decent player at this level and young enough to get better.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 15:01 - Sep 19 with 2283 viewsKilkennyjack

I just think Fulton is a lucky boy to be a Championship player.

The only part of his game above average is his heading.

Compared to JDG, Leon, Joey Allen, JJS etc, he is sadly lacking.
Likewise compared to Grimes and the brilliant football of Downes.
Clearly why the current manager does not need him.

I would let him go on a free.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 15:04]

Beware of the Risen People

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 15:10 - Sep 19 with 2253 viewsswan_si

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:57 - Sep 19 by max936

He's been slagged off on forums enough times. He's had issues with a few red cards, that happens when a player is as combative as he is. He's scored some important goals and has played very well in plenty of games, often looks to get forward decent player at this level and young enough to get better.

I don't think we've lost a game he's scored in, ( can't take credit if true, was chatting about recently with a mate). I like Jay, he's got a bit of dog about him.
Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 15:12 - Sep 19 with 2252 viewsWalterBoyd

Out of Walsh, Grimes , Dhanda and Fulton.

Fulton is the last of those 4 that I would want to lose at this moment in time.

Unless of course he wants away and Cooper has already tapped him up.
Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 15:46 - Sep 19 with 2189 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 15:12 - Sep 19 by WalterBoyd

Out of Walsh, Grimes , Dhanda and Fulton.

Fulton is the last of those 4 that I would want to lose at this moment in time.

Unless of course he wants away and Cooper has already tapped him up.

I d agree with that.Jay is also one who might be mismanaged lately.

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 15:46 - Sep 19 with 2200 viewsFireboy2

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 15:01 - Sep 19 by Kilkennyjack

I just think Fulton is a lucky boy to be a Championship player.

The only part of his game above average is his heading.

Compared to JDG, Leon, Joey Allen, JJS etc, he is sadly lacking.
Likewise compared to Grimes and the brilliant football of Downes.
Clearly why the current manager does not need him.

I would let him go on a free.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2021 15:04]

Hes definitely a championship player and htf can you compare fulton to those three

Let him go for free 😆😆😆
Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 16:38 - Sep 19 with 2152 viewsWalterBoyd

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 15:46 - Sep 19 by Fireboy2

Hes definitely a championship player and htf can you compare fulton to those three

Let him go for free 😆😆😆

At this moment in time.

Do you think Dhanda is better. ? For me should not play another league match for us this season.

Walsh. Didn't set the world alight at Bristol. Seen him in 2 matches and very disappointing at this moment in time.

Grimes, well. He is the captain who is dropped as often as an eclipse, regardless of his form. Slows attacks down. No captain in personality or play. If that is the level other players need to reach, worrying.
Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 16:45 - Sep 19 with 2129 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 16:38 - Sep 19 by WalterBoyd

At this moment in time.

Do you think Dhanda is better. ? For me should not play another league match for us this season.

Walsh. Didn't set the world alight at Bristol. Seen him in 2 matches and very disappointing at this moment in time.

Grimes, well. He is the captain who is dropped as often as an eclipse, regardless of his form. Slows attacks down. No captain in personality or play. If that is the level other players need to reach, worrying.

I could have written that so how come you are so supportive of Russ bearing in mind Grimes is undropable.

If he were I am certain we would benefit big time.

I feel we have the players to get into the play offs.

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 16:50 - Sep 19 with 2121 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Fulton has a prospective manager that feels he needs him why on earth let him go for free. Swansea wanted rid of Cooper and got £1.5m because someone else wanted him.

Fulton is ideal for Cooperball. Solidity and resilience. Cooper relied on solid midfielders Smith Grimes and Fulton none of who were regular scorers and exceptional forwards Ayew and Lowe. Lowe either is improving rapidly or had a freak season of success he cannot replicate. Both grimes and Fulton failed to perform properly at Wembly. Fulton was sent off and Grimes could have had the same fate.

Fulton scores at a rate of 1 in 15 games 3 a season. Smith 6 goals in 14 seasons and Grimes like Fulton.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 17:11 - Sep 19 with 2098 viewsBoundy

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:17 - Sep 19 by jackrmee

Not two but 180 thousand , and money well spent imo .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 17:12 - Sep 19 with 2098 viewsWalterBoyd

Leon didn't score often but still loved him.

What's with all these goal scoring figures. Not exactly attacking midfielder.
Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 17:42 - Sep 19 with 2064 viewsjasper_T

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 17:12 - Sep 19 by WalterBoyd

Leon didn't score often but still loved him.

What's with all these goal scoring figures. Not exactly attacking midfielder.

He's fallen short of what's required whenever he's been trusted to play as the holding midfielder. Was at his best for the u23s getting up into the box supporting the strikers. Clever finisher, decent in the air. Not got the range of passing or willingness to get himself on the ball to be a real creative presence in the middle of the park.

He's a funny player. Got the skills in his locker and is by all accounts dominant in training, but isn't suited to be more than "a bit of dog" or "steel" in midfield in men's 11-a-side football on a full pitch (Fer for me was similar). A keen tackler who can't stay with runners, and is easy to play around because he usually squares up and plants his feet when he sees the ball coming (tbf cut a lot of that from his game last season when he did looked a lot fitter and less heavy-footed).

He's 27. Over 200 senior games. What we've seen from him is likely to be what he can produce. Walsh is 24, Ntcham 25, Downes 22 all likely to have higher ceilings. Even public enemy no. 1 Matt Grimes is a year younger than Jay.
Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 18:11 - Sep 19 with 2019 viewsCatullus

Steve Cooper to raid Swansea City for midfielder.... on 14:01 - Sep 19 by jackrmee

I wonder how much he is actually worth... Got to be over a million with 3 years left.

I will be sad to see him go. I hope RM sees a job for him, but I think you're right. There are too many ahead of him.
Hard to let him go, but if it's best for him I guess it's the way forward.

Definitely need to get tidy wedge for him though.
As you say, we need players to fit RM's style.
Personally think a LWB is most important now.

ps. I've heard people saying about "legacy players". What do they mean exactly? Our biggest earners?

The legacy players are those still here from previous managers times.

Jasper, I'm with you, it makes sense. I like Fulton but we have younger players, most likely better players and it's time to move on.

Jackarmee, I forgot about LWB, yes, if we want more pace use any Fulton money for a new LWB to push Bidwell. Or maybe we can find a good loan?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024