Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. 18:04 - Oct 2 with 2521 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Make no mistake about it, we are in a relegation battle as it stands.

Two wins in eleven, of which those two wins came in the two matches where we most deviated from the manager's one and only style of play / game plan, which he acknowledged.

We have failed to score in over one third of those games.

We only created more chances than our opponent's in two of those eleven matches (Huddersfield & Hull).

We have a manager consistently selecting players in unfamiliar positions which, as far as I can see, offers no positives. It only harms us (Cabango at wide centre back, Naughton the centre of a three, Cullen as an attacking midfielder, Bidwell as a left winger etc).

It is very worrying.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 21:25 - Oct 2 with 2433 viewsCatullus

Just speaking of today, Derby 6 shots, we had 15. I can't really be bothered to look at all the games though.

We aren't in a relegation battle yet, don't be premature. we are improving even if it's not as quickly as I would like. We dominated todays game against a team who, without the points deduction, would have been in 13th spot,

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 23:05 - Oct 2 with 2372 viewsBoundy

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 21:25 - Oct 2 by Catullus

Just speaking of today, Derby 6 shots, we had 15. I can't really be bothered to look at all the games though.

We aren't in a relegation battle yet, don't be premature. we are improving even if it's not as quickly as I would like. We dominated todays game against a team who, without the points deduction, would have been in 13th spot,

and we made them look quite ordinary imo. They've beaten Stoke and Reading and looking at everyone else's results everyone is capable of beating each other , we're not expected to be top 6 so as long as we finish mid top half then kick on again next year that'll do for me

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 23:49 - Oct 2 with 2342 viewsBobblehat

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 23:05 - Oct 2 by Boundy

and we made them look quite ordinary imo. They've beaten Stoke and Reading and looking at everyone else's results everyone is capable of beating each other , we're not expected to be top 6 so as long as we finish mid top half then kick on again next year that'll do for me

They also got a result at WBA. I thought today’s point was a solid away point and a good performance to back it up we just lacked composure in front of goal.
Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 00:26 - Oct 3 with 2312 viewsSwans9

Derby were awful today we should of won 2 0. I really belief if Fulton was on the pitch he would of hit the onion bag. Hopefully obefemi will be back soon we desperate for someone that can hit the net. I was at Fulham and Derby game fans on ps yes it was Fulham this Fulham that. Fulham couldn't get ball off us and lost 4 1 to Coventry.
Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 10:29 - Oct 3 with 2190 viewsBillyChong

We really are looking “next level” at the moment, what a fall from grace
Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 10:56 - Oct 3 with 2172 viewsBadlands

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 00:26 - Oct 3 by Swans9

Derby were awful today we should of won 2 0. I really belief if Fulton was on the pitch he would of hit the onion bag. Hopefully obefemi will be back soon we desperate for someone that can hit the net. I was at Fulham and Derby game fans on ps yes it was Fulham this Fulham that. Fulham couldn't get ball off us and lost 4 1 to Coventry.

Not sure why you think Fulton would score!
The problem teams face when commanding games and possession for long periods is they tend to compress the pitch making it harder to find the space needed to shoot, dribble through or get behind defences.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:09 - Oct 3 with 2160 viewsCatullus

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 10:56 - Oct 3 by Badlands

Not sure why you think Fulton would score!
The problem teams face when commanding games and possession for long periods is they tend to compress the pitch making it harder to find the space needed to shoot, dribble through or get behind defences.

Which is why we need to be quicker getting forward and we players with pace, step forward Obafemi.

I'm convinced if we play Oba AND Piroe they will form a good combination. Piroe has the skill and the instinct for the killer pass, look at Patersons goal at Fulham, made by Piroe. Obafemi has the pace, the strength and determination to get there.

If it was my shout I'd be going 3-4-1-2 against Cardiff.

I think Thrasher is definitely glass is half full, Dwight is being glass is half empty but for me, right now the glass is at 50% capacity and the taps are being turned on, slowly!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:17 - Oct 3 with 2152 viewsDr_Parnassus

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:09 - Oct 3 by Catullus

Which is why we need to be quicker getting forward and we players with pace, step forward Obafemi.

I'm convinced if we play Oba AND Piroe they will form a good combination. Piroe has the skill and the instinct for the killer pass, look at Patersons goal at Fulham, made by Piroe. Obafemi has the pace, the strength and determination to get there.

If it was my shout I'd be going 3-4-1-2 against Cardiff.

I think Thrasher is definitely glass is half full, Dwight is being glass is half empty but for me, right now the glass is at 50% capacity and the taps are being turned on, slowly!

I find it bizarre you keep referring to your ‘negativity’ as realism, and everyone else’s as being negative.

The only thing that is true for you is that it took you 4 weeks longer to make the same observations others had been doing for a while prior.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:30 - Oct 3 with 2147 viewsonehunglow

Shoulda coulda woulda

Russ has drawn in so many good people.

This season is drifting away and all we have is Hope.

We do have fan war though ,anger misdirected .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:50 - Oct 3 with 2133 viewsCatullus

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:30 - Oct 3 by onehunglow

Shoulda coulda woulda

The season is drifting away? In all honesty where do you think we should have been this season? You wanted Cooper gone remember and Ayew was never going to stay, Guehi was never going to be here either.

Bearing all that in mind, where do you think we should be?

Last season, by the end, we were a shadow of the team we'd seen the season before. We were often hiding in our own half hoping a long ball to Ayew would get us something. We couldn't even defend all that well a lot of the time either.

At least this season we are on the front foot even if we are walking slowly. We have a lot of possession in the oppo's half, we have 2 promising strikers and in Downes and Ntcham we have quality midfielders, we just need them all fit.

All of your opinion seems to be based on your opinion that Martin is a BS merchant, you've had it in for him from pretty much the day he arrived and I just don't get why?

Lets look back at previous managers, good managers now. Rodgers had his own brand of BS and Martinez too, Sousa was totally full of himself. I met him, he seemed very cocky to me. In fact the most recent manager that, it seems to me wasn't pushing BS a lot of the time was Guidolin. It's what managers do, it's showbiz nonsense a lot of the time.
In work I had a lot of managers who spoke a load of BS, some of them were still good managers though. Can't we judge Martin after he's had a chance rather than from when he walked through the door?

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:52 - Oct 3 with 2124 viewsonehunglow

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:50 - Oct 3 by Catullus

The season is drifting away? In all honesty where do you think we should have been this season? You wanted Cooper gone remember and Ayew was never going to stay, Guehi was never going to be here either.

Last season, by the end, we were a shadow of the team we'd seen the season before. We were often hiding in our own half hoping a long ball to Ayew would get us something. We couldn't even defend all that well a lot of the time either.

At least this season we are on the front foot even if we are walking slowly. We have a lot of possession in the oppo's half, we have 2 promising strikers and in Downes and Ntcham we have quality midfielders, we just need them all fit.

All of your opinion seems to be based on your opinion that Martin is a BS merchant, you've had it in for him from pretty much the day he arrived and I just don't get why?

Lets look back at previous managers, good managers now. Rodgers had his own brand of BS and Martinez too, Sousa was totally full of himself. I met him, he seemed very cocky to me. In fact the most recent manager that, it seems to me wasn't pushing BS a lot of the time was Guidolin. It's what managers do, it's showbiz nonsense a lot of the time.
In work I had a lot of managers who spoke a load of BS, some of them were still good managers though. Can't we judge Martin after he's had a chance rather than from when he walked through the door?

Yes it is drifting away.
Clubs like

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:56 - Oct 3 with 2119 viewsonehunglow

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:50 - Oct 3 by Catullus

Yes it is drifting away.
Clubs like Blackpool,hithereto seen as relegation certainties are now progessing and with that comes points which will keep us up.

What have previous managers to do with this situation we are facing.

We cannot score-apart from the Luton freak day-.We cannot and are not converting possession into goals.Possession means nothing apart from giving statos something to bore us over. We are seeing good players messed around before our very eyes and some fans first though is to accuse some of having mental health issues.

Before we carry on,address my last paragraph.

Thanks

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:56 - Oct 3 with 2119 viewsDr_Parnassus

Did you think Bob Bradley had a chance?

I do, I was fully behind the critiquing of his performance.

Martin has had the same chance he had. Now I’m not advocating we sack him, but anyone thinking he is off limits for critique is off their head.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 12:06 - Oct 3 with 2112 viewsonehunglow

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:56 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Did you think Bob Bradley had a chance?

I do, I was fully behind the critiquing of his performance.

Martin has had the same chance he had. Now I’m not advocating we sack him, but anyone thinking he is off limits for critique is off their head.

Bradley also had a plan and wanted us to be patience.Hypocrisy abounds now seeing Martin fans hate speeches. Bradley was a Yank.Martin is not.Had Russy been a Yank ,he would have been gone by now by fan demand. Fact.

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 12:28 - Oct 3 with 2098 viewsBobblehat

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:30 - Oct 3 by onehunglow

Shoulda coulda woulda

😂😂😂😂😂 11 games in 6 points off 7th and you’re saying the seasons drifting away! Ffs🤦🏻‍♂️

Get a grip!
Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 13:22 - Oct 3 with 2069 viewsKeithHaynes

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 12:06 - Oct 3 by onehunglow

Bradley also had a plan and wanted us to be patience.Hypocrisy abounds now seeing Martin fans hate speeches. Bradley was a Yank.Martin is not.Had Russy been a Yank ,he would have been gone by now by fan demand. Fact.

Bradley had no concept of development of young players, sourcing players through proper research or a handle on the club and what it is to it’s followers. The Americans appointed him, Huw booted him.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 13:52 - Oct 3 with 2045 viewsReslovenSwan1

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 13:22 - Oct 3 by KeithHaynes

Bradley had no concept of development of young players, sourcing players through proper research or a handle on the club and what it is to it’s followers. The Americans appointed him, Huw booted him.

Bradley had the two big stars Sigurdson and Llorente. Clement who's past record suggests is not one of Swansea's great managers was able to guide the club to safety with these two stars. It is possible that Bradley could have done the same.

When both these star left life became very difficult. Llorente should have been given a 3 year deal not a 2 year deal.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 16:47 - Oct 3 with 2001 viewsCatullus

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 11:56 - Oct 3 by onehunglow

Yes it is drifting away.
Clubs like Blackpool,hithereto seen as relegation certainties are now progessing and with that comes points which will keep us up.

What have previous managers to do with this situation we are facing.

We cannot score-apart from the Luton freak day-.We cannot and are not converting possession into goals.Possession means nothing apart from giving statos something to bore us over. We are seeing good players messed around before our very eyes and some fans first though is to accuse some of having mental health issues.

Before we carry on,address my last paragraph.

Thanks

What? Fan war and anger misdirected? That's nothing to do with me, thats certain posters with personal grievances or WUMs, in my opinion.

I mentioned pevious managers to show that many of them can be BS merchants, it's the game they are in, some of them are all talk and no substance and ok, Martin may turn out to be exactly that but give him a fair crack first.

You made your decision about him very early and I just don't think that was fair. I don't know what you're seeing that I'm not either. Then, I don't watch the pressers or read very many of his interviews because over time I got fed upof hearing the BS. All the talking should be done on the pitch and as you are probably aware, I'm a bit more critical recently but still giving him a chance.

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 10:32 - Oct 4 with 1874 viewsonehunglow

Two wins in eleven league matches, failing to score in over one third of those. on 16:47 - Oct 3 by Catullus

What? Fan war and anger misdirected? That's nothing to do with me, thats certain posters with personal grievances or WUMs, in my opinion.

I mentioned pevious managers to show that many of them can be BS merchants, it's the game they are in, some of them are all talk and no substance and ok, Martin may turn out to be exactly that but give him a fair crack first.

You made your decision about him very early and I just don't think that was fair. I don't know what you're seeing that I'm not either. Then, I don't watch the pressers or read very many of his interviews because over time I got fed upof hearing the BS. All the talking should be done on the pitch and as you are probably aware, I'm a bit more critical recently but still giving him a chance.

I saw and still see us trying to pass the ball to death but it comes to nothing.
It’s why we have scored few goals.
I saw Piroe being sent home prior to Blackburn so it set off alarm bells.
Whittaker getting a hat trick should have seen him start not being brought on in the 89 th minute,

I stand my every word.

I stand staggered at some of what is posted and my opinion is as valid as anyone’s. Those like optimistic Jack get upset and shove me on ignore,which is fine.

It changes nothing as do positive posts on here ,as they are called

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024