Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Blue Talk 08:38 - Nov 1 with 3564 viewsKeithHaynes

From the Coventry City fans forum.
They seem a bit edgy.

https://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/swansea-h-tuesday-2nd-19-45.137882/

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sky Blue Talk on 08:57 - Nov 1 with 2613 viewsCatullus

Seemed moslt realistic views on there. No billy big balls opinions either.

I reckon a draw but it's all on the day and if Piroe does a bit of magic....or Ntcham or Paterson, who knows!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sky Blue Talk on 08:59 - Nov 1 with 2611 views34dfgdf54

Am I reading that right on there? Robins off to Norwich?
Sky Blue Talk on 09:01 - Nov 1 with 2607 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Blue Talk on 08:57 - Nov 1 by Catullus

Seemed moslt realistic views on there. No billy big balls opinions either.

I reckon a draw but it's all on the day and if Piroe does a bit of magic....or Ntcham or Paterson, who knows!

Or Flynn or Bidwell even.
Exciting times.

Sky Blue Talk on 09:08 - Nov 1 with 2578 viewsDr_Winston

Not sure that we "struggle against the high press" any more. Early season maybe before we got the hang of the system, but few teams press higher than WBA and we controlled the game against them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sky Blue Talk on 09:12 - Nov 1 with 2578 viewsCatullus

Sky Blue Talk on 09:08 - Nov 1 by Dr_Winston

Not sure that we "struggle against the high press" any more. Early season maybe before we got the hang of the system, but few teams press higher than WBA and we controlled the game against them.

I was avoiding saying that in case they picked up on it but yes, we can combat the high press now but it depends on how high the back line is too. WBA pushed their defence very high up and it gave us space to aim for. If Coventry stay a bit deeper but push their forward and 2 midfielders up at us, we'll see. If they go full WBA we may punish them.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Sky Blue Talk on 11:03 - Nov 1 with 2477 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Blue Talk on 09:12 - Nov 1 by Catullus

I was avoiding saying that in case they picked up on it but yes, we can combat the high press now but it depends on how high the back line is too. WBA pushed their defence very high up and it gave us space to aim for. If Coventry stay a bit deeper but push their forward and 2 midfielders up at us, we'll see. If they go full WBA we may punish them.

The way we are now playing through the high press is impressive. Exposing space behind the players used to put us under pressure.

Sky Blue Talk on 11:19 - Nov 1 with 2448 viewsjasper_T

Sky Blue Talk on 11:03 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

The way we are now playing through the high press is impressive. Exposing space behind the players used to put us under pressure.

Our last 3 wins have come against teams that either failed to press or chose not to.
Sky Blue Talk on 11:34 - Nov 1 with 2424 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Blue Talk on 11:19 - Nov 1 by jasper_T

Our last 3 wins have come against teams that either failed to press or chose not to.

I disagree, it was evident when Peterborough tried it on Saturday, clearly leaving space behind their attacking players who had moved up. It failed three times then they gave up on it.

Login to get fewer ads

Sky Blue Talk on 12:19 - Nov 1 with 2393 viewspencoedjack

Sky Blue Talk on 11:34 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

I disagree, it was evident when Peterborough tried it on Saturday, clearly leaving space behind their attacking players who had moved up. It failed three times then they gave up on it.

I find it hard to believe anyone watching our games cannot see this.
Sky Blue Talk on 12:39 - Nov 1 with 2352 viewsjasper_T

Sky Blue Talk on 11:34 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

They put no pressure on the ball when it was with our centre halves and the midfielders dropping in. A high back line with gaps either side of their back three is not a high press. By pushing up they tried to congest the middle of the park but we could knock it around at leisure and wait for Ntcham & Paterson to move into wide spaces for the ball.

When they did press it was usually that one small striker on his own, who looked well peeved with his teammates all game.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 12:40]
Sky Blue Talk on 12:40 - Nov 1 with 2344 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Blue Talk on 12:39 - Nov 1 by jasper_T

They put no pressure on the ball when it was with our centre halves and the midfielders dropping in. A high back line with gaps either side of their back three is not a high press. By pushing up they tried to congest the middle of the park but we could knock it around at leisure and wait for Ntcham & Paterson to move into wide spaces for the ball.

When they did press it was usually that one small striker on his own, who looked well peeved with his teammates all game.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2021 12:40]

They tried, but we could go round and round on the subject.

Sky Blue Talk on 12:41 - Nov 1 with 2341 viewsjasper_T

Sky Blue Talk on 12:40 - Nov 1 by KeithHaynes

They tried, but we could go round and round on the subject.

They were passive from minute one.
Sky Blue Talk on 12:52 - Nov 1 with 2320 views34dfgdf54

I got to be honest I'm slightly edging towards Jasper with this one, we have struggled, especially away from home when the press has been aggressive and in tandem, Peterborough were going in ones and twos and being picked off. I still think we are short 2/3 players to have us full throttle playing the way Martin wants consistently.

Luton first half were all over us aswell but they literally run out of legs completely second half from the energy exerted in the first. Blackburn were the same but that was to be expected with Martin being there a matter of days.
Sky Blue Talk on 13:10 - Nov 1 with 2300 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Blue Talk on 12:52 - Nov 1 by 34dfgdf54

I got to be honest I'm slightly edging towards Jasper with this one, we have struggled, especially away from home when the press has been aggressive and in tandem, Peterborough were going in ones and twos and being picked off. I still think we are short 2/3 players to have us full throttle playing the way Martin wants consistently.

Luton first half were all over us aswell but they literally run out of legs completely second half from the energy exerted in the first. Blackburn were the same but that was to be expected with Martin being there a matter of days.

I thought we excelled in holding back the press at Luton and played some lovely football around them in the second half. Due to the fact we had worked out their pressing tactic. Which is my point.

Sky Blue Talk on 13:24 - Nov 1 with 2272 viewsCatullus

I tend to agree with Jasper about the Posh, they had one player closing us down and he was encouraging his team mates to push with him but they didn't. Ok that may well have been because we kept exposing spaces and playing through them which is obviously good but Peterborough didn't do a successful press whichever at you look at it.

Coventry apparently pay a high energy pressing game so I guess we'll see. Lairds pace will no doubt cause them problems.

Sky Blue Talk on 13:38 - Nov 1 with 2255 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Blue Talk on 13:24 - Nov 1 by Catullus

I tend to agree with Jasper about the Posh, they had one player closing us down and he was encouraging his team mates to push with him but they didn't. Ok that may well have been because we kept exposing spaces and playing through them which is obviously good but Peterborough didn't do a successful press whichever at you look at it.

Coventry apparently pay a high energy pressing game so I guess we'll see. Lairds pace will no doubt cause them problems.

A successful press ?
Yup.

Sky Blue Talk on 07:45 - Nov 2 with 1933 viewsKeithHaynes

Back on thread, really appreciative supporters on this forum, they like our Russ too.

Sky Blue Talk on 08:53 - Nov 2 with 1895 viewsLohengrin

Whenever I think of Coventry, which granted isn’t often, all I see is their ‘70s Admiral strip. As sported here by our Tommy...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Sky Blue Talk on 09:12 - Nov 2 with 1870 views3swan

Sky Blue Talk on 08:53 - Nov 2 by Lohengrin

Whenever I think of Coventry, which granted isn’t often, all I see is their ‘70s Admiral strip. As sported here by our Tommy...

And the chocolate colour away strip. I remember a game away at Wolves when we won 5-0 or 5-1 ???? He ran the game and they couldn't get near him.
Sky Blue Talk on 10:14 - Nov 2 with 1804 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Blue Talk on 09:12 - Nov 2 by 3swan

And the chocolate colour away strip. I remember a game away at Wolves when we won 5-0 or 5-1 ???? He ran the game and they couldn't get near him.

I think that was the day of the Bradford fire ?
Mid 80’s ish.
Could be wrong, but we battered them.
I remember thinking that strip was a poor version of the Wales one.
But in hindsight it isn’t.

Sky Blue Talk on 11:00 - Nov 2 with 1773 viewsLohengrin

Sky Blue Talk on 10:14 - Nov 2 by KeithHaynes

I think that was the day of the Bradford fire ?
Mid 80’s ish.
Could be wrong, but we battered them.
I remember thinking that strip was a poor version of the Wales one.
But in hindsight it isn’t.

Not the same day, Keith. Months apart. I was up at Molineux for the game mentioned, and the poster is spot on, Tommy was absolutely imperious on that occasion. What a player he was!

I had been playing rugby the day of the Bradford fire and can vividly remember everybody watching the disaster unfold on the screen in the clubhouse. Appalling.

Sky Blue Talk on 11:19 - Nov 2 with 1748 viewsKeithHaynes

Sky Blue Talk on 11:00 - Nov 2 by Lohengrin

Not the same day, Keith. Months apart. I was up at Molineux for the game mentioned, and the poster is spot on, Tommy was absolutely imperious on that occasion. What a player he was!

I had been playing rugby the day of the Bradford fire and can vividly remember everybody watching the disaster unfold on the screen in the clubhouse. Appalling.

Cheers for the memory jog, I was there for the 5-1 win. No idea why there is the Bradford fore link in my head though. The fire was in May of that year, this was Sept, so may be a moments silence or whatever.

I do recall Wolves being worse than we were at the time, and that was pretty bad. It’s hard,to imagine we had had Tommy at the swans for six years, he was a genius at times.

Sky Blue Talk on 11:35 - Nov 2 with 1730 viewsLohengrin

Sky Blue Talk on 11:19 - Nov 2 by KeithHaynes

Cheers for the memory jog, I was there for the 5-1 win. No idea why there is the Bradford fore link in my head though. The fire was in May of that year, this was Sept, so may be a moments silence or whatever.

I do recall Wolves being worse than we were at the time, and that was pretty bad. It’s hard,to imagine we had had Tommy at the swans for six years, he was a genius at times.

In that division Tommy was like a Rolls Royce in a Jalopy Derby!

He often gets missed out when there’s talk on here of Swansea greats which is a shame as I don’t think I’m remembering the past through rose-tinted glasses when I say that for many a game in the mid-80s he carried us.

Sky Blue Talk on 11:37 - Nov 2 with 1729 viewsCatullus

Sky Blue Talk on 11:19 - Nov 2 by KeithHaynes

Bradford was 11th May 85, it was my 18th birthday.

Didn't we all love Tommy Hutch, even when he was 40 he was still making mugs of defenders.

Sky Blue Talk on 11:48 - Nov 2 with 1719 viewsonehunglow

Sky Blue Talk on 11:00 - Nov 2 by Lohengrin

In some ways,a forgotten tragedy.
The footage is horrific and as visceral now as it was then.
It affected the Yorath family big time.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024