Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour/ Plaid Deal 11:03 - Nov 25 with 5203 viewsCwmafanJack

Huge gameble by plaid or calculated risk to get Wales closer to independence. For me it's a massive risk after Adam price stating he is not in it for doing deals with other parties.
Will independence happen with in 2, 5 or even 10 years? Or will it just be a pipe dream?

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 16:48 - Nov 26 with 1227 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 11:43 - Nov 26 by Kilkennyjack

This is great news for the people of Cymru.

Given Englands Tory Brexit, the dreadful pandemic, and the increasing hostility from London towards our devolved Parliaments then a new political answer was needed for Cymru.

Drakers has picked out the Plaid policies that made sense and could be delivered, and he has got the deal done.

Wales is not Tory England.

Must be a big blow for Plaid to join up with unionist Labour. Wonder how many Plaid voters feel betrayed.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 16:55 - Nov 26 with 1217 viewsBoundy

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 16:48 - Nov 26 by felixstowe_jack

Must be a big blow for Plaid to join up with unionist Labour. Wonder how many Plaid voters feel betrayed.

If you follow twitter then quite a few

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 16:58 - Nov 26 with 1216 viewsonehunglow

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 16:55 - Nov 26 by Boundy

Labour more Union than Tories as most working class areas vote Labour no matter what.
Posh wannabe welsh like Saville Roberts are despised .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 17:59 - Nov 26 with 1184 viewsCatullus

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 11:43 - Nov 26 by Kilkennyjack

This is great news for the people of Cymru.

Given Englands Tory Brexit, the dreadful pandemic, and the increasing hostility from London towards our devolved Parliaments then a new political answer was needed for Cymru.

Drakers has picked out the Plaid policies that made sense and could be delivered, and he has got the deal done.

Wales is not Tory England.

Yes great news, a party that we didn't vote into power that now has a say.

Wales voted leave too, whatever spin you put on it.

Wales is doing worse in this pandemic than any other part of the UK, by the numbers.

Drakers has sold Labour voters out so he can guarantee he gets most of what he wants through no matter what the opposition in the country as a whole, increasing the MS numbers to start with maybe?

Wales is not Plaid either but still we are stuck with them despite more Welsh voters choosing the Tories who have more seats than Plaid.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 23:37 - Nov 26 with 1128 viewsBillyChong

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 17:59 - Nov 26 by Catullus

Yes great news, a party that we didn't vote into power that now has a say.

Wales voted leave too, whatever spin you put on it.

Wales is doing worse in this pandemic than any other part of the UK, by the numbers.

Drakers has sold Labour voters out so he can guarantee he gets most of what he wants through no matter what the opposition in the country as a whole, increasing the MS numbers to start with maybe?

Wales is not Plaid either but still we are stuck with them despite more Welsh voters choosing the Tories who have more seats than Plaid.

Maybe the Tories proposing to reduce the number of Welsh MP’s had something to do with it. Also this alliance is good for the people of Wales. The Tory - DUP alliance was something else.
Labour/ Plaid Deal on 00:46 - Nov 27 with 1114 viewsJack_Meoff

They're wanting to spend public money on feeding children? That's just preposterous. Why aren't they funnelling it through armament companies or VIP lanes for PPE contracts for their mates?

This is communism, pure and simple, and it's just sickening. The kids' parents will only spend the extra money on fags, booze, flat screen TVs and mobiles anyway.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 09:26 - Nov 27 with 1089 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 23:37 - Nov 26 by BillyChong

Maybe the Tories proposing to reduce the number of Welsh MP’s had something to do with it. Also this alliance is good for the people of Wales. The Tory - DUP alliance was something else.

The independent electoral commission is proposing to reduce the number of MPs by 50 spread throughout the UK so that each constituency has roughly the same number of voters in it.

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 09:36 - Nov 27 with 1083 viewsBoundy

"People of Wales" , that'll be a new thing then . I look forward to it as do the rest of the country

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 11:43 - Nov 27 with 1067 viewsCatullus

I think that's called whataboutery?

I'm not talking about the tories, I'm talking about the Welsh government. So come on, tell me, why is it good for Wales? What policies will Plaid bring to the table that the Welsh electorate want, or don't want?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 15:02 - Nov 28 with 1012 viewsKilkennyjack

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 16:55 - Nov 26 by Boundy

Boundy and Felix - wrong on every single issue.

Taking out of touch to a different level as Huw might say….

Beware of the Risen People

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 15:05 - Nov 28 with 1010 viewsKilkennyjack

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 16:48 - Nov 26 by felixstowe_jack

Welsh Labour is way less unionist than Keir and his boys.

Drakers is playing a blinder.

We are on the Indy bus for sure now …. 🚌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 16:21 - Nov 28 with 988 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 15:02 - Nov 28 by Kilkennyjack

Boundy and Felix - wrong on every single issue.

Taking out of touch to a different level as Huw might say….

Once again you are making tye school boy error of mistaking party members for voters who vote for a party.

Plaid has 11,500 members at the last count .

226,000 voted plaid at the last Senedd election. That is 210,00 non plaid members vote for Plaid. Wonder how many of those feel betrayed by Plaid abandoning its principles to keep dithering Drakeford in power.

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 17:25 - Nov 28 with 956 viewsKilkennyjack

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 16:21 - Nov 28 by felixstowe_jack

Once again you are making tye school boy error of mistaking party members for voters who vote for a party.

Plaid has 11,500 members at the last count .

226,000 voted plaid at the last Senedd election. That is 210,00 non plaid members vote for Plaid. Wonder how many of those feel betrayed by Plaid abandoning its principles to keep dithering Drakeford in power.

Let me help ….

Plaid have a manifesto.
People vote for it.
Welsh Labour are now going to implement key parts of said Plaid manifesto.
People will get what the voted for when they voted Plaid.

Cymru has a big progressive majority, and this new politics is the best way of ensuring Johnson is placed in the rubbish bin of history, where he and his type belong.

Corruption UK has to end.

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 17:54 - Nov 28 with 936 viewsCatullus

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 15:05 - Nov 28 by Kilkennyjack

Welsh Labour is way less unionist than Keir and his boys.

Drakers is playing a blinder.

We are on the Indy bus for sure now …. 🚌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿👍

Drakeford speaks,
It “would be absurd” to “rule out independence”, Mark Drakeford has said

The First Minister made the comments in the Senedd while debating the Constitutional Commission the Welsh Government has set up to consider Wales’ future.

Drakeford was asked by Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price about whether the commission would look at Welsh independence as part of its work.

He replied that it will “look at the whole suite of potential constitutional futures for Wales” and that it would “certainly allow for independence to be considered as one of these options”.

But he added that he would argue that “entrenched devolution in a successful United Kingdom is the best constitution for Wales.”

So his opinion is, remaining in the Union is the best thing.

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 17:57 - Nov 28 with 934 viewsCatullus

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 17:25 - Nov 28 by Kilkennyjack

Let me help ….

Plaid have a manifesto.
People vote for it.
Welsh Labour are now going to implement key parts of said Plaid manifesto.
People will get what the voted for when they voted Plaid.

Cymru has a big progressive majority, and this new politics is the best way of ensuring Johnson is placed in the rubbish bin of history, where he and his type belong.

Corruption UK has to end.

Yes, Plaid had a manifesto and Adam Price was very clear before the election that he would not enter into a deal with Labour, then he turned out to be a liar.

You're right, corruption has to end but so oes hypocrisy and lying, lets start with price eh.

Or can you you show me in Plaids' manifesto where it proposed a deal with Drakeford in the event they lost the election?

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 19:15 - Nov 28 with 921 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 17:57 - Nov 28 by Catullus

Yes, Plaid had a manifesto and Adam Price was very clear before the election that he would not enter into a deal with Labour, then he turned out to be a liar.

You're right, corruption has to end but so oes hypocrisy and lying, lets start with price eh.

Or can you you show me in Plaids' manifesto where it proposed a deal with Drakeford in the event they lost the election?

You can see this deal ending up as a petty row between the parties.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 19:31 - Nov 28 with 910 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Listened to the podcast Hireath earlier, very interesting especially about 8 minutes in and a present Welsh Labour ms stating that their is a widening gulf between Welsh Labour and its Westminster counter parts. Alun Davies quoted that Mr Starmer has no where near enough contact with his Senned counter parts. Great to see two opposing parties working together to bring sensible and humanist policies to the people of Cymru. A refreshing change from the sleaze, corrupt and lobbing sespit of Westminster.
Labour/ Plaid Deal on 01:14 - Nov 29 with 856 viewsKilkennyjack

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 19:31 - Nov 28 by blaenaugwentjack

Listened to the podcast Hireath earlier, very interesting especially about 8 minutes in and a present Welsh Labour ms stating that their is a widening gulf between Welsh Labour and its Westminster counter parts. Alun Davies quoted that Mr Starmer has no where near enough contact with his Senned counter parts. Great to see two opposing parties working together to bring sensible and humanist policies to the people of Cymru. A refreshing change from the sleaze, corrupt and lobbing sespit of Westminster.

Absolutely.

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 01:17 - Nov 29 with 854 viewsKilkennyjack

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 17:54 - Nov 28 by Catullus

Drakeford speaks,
It “would be absurd” to “rule out independence”, Mark Drakeford has said

The First Minister made the comments in the Senedd while debating the Constitutional Commission the Welsh Government has set up to consider Wales’ future.

Drakeford was asked by Plaid Cymru leader Adam Price about whether the commission would look at Welsh independence as part of its work.

He replied that it will “look at the whole suite of potential constitutional futures for Wales” and that it would “certainly allow for independence to be considered as one of these options”.

But he added that he would argue that “entrenched devolution in a successful United Kingdom is the best constitution for Wales.”

So his opinion is, remaining in the Union is the best thing.

Why is he having a Constitutional Commission then ?

If you cant see the direction of travel then i cant help you.

The Indy bus is on its way ….

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 01:20 - Nov 29 with 853 viewsKilkennyjack

Lets start with Johnson ….

This agreement underlines Cymru is different to England.
Its a step to unity before Annibyniaeth.

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 08:33 - Nov 29 with 830 viewsCatullus

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 01:20 - Nov 29 by Kilkennyjack

Lets start with Johnson ….

This agreement underlines Cymru is different to England.
Its a step to unity before Annibyniaeth.

What has Bojo got to do with Plaids manifesto?

Wales is different across it's own regions, as is England. North Walians are different to South Walians, that's how the world is, Geordies are different to Londoners. Should they all be their own little independent states?

PS, some North Walians don't half sound Scouse!

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 08:41 - Nov 29 with 829 viewsCatullus

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 01:17 - Nov 29 by Kilkennyjack

Why is he having a Constitutional Commission then ?

If you cant see the direction of travel then i cant help you.

The Indy bus is on its way ….

Well having a Commission doesn't mean he supports independence, again in his own words,

“But, nothing else is ruled out either. If I have the opportunity, I will certainly give my evidence to the commission that entrenched devolution in a successful United Kingdom is the best constitution for Wales.

You really need to try reading what Drakeford says, it's in his own words mun.

It's as if you don't have a clue how politics works and have your nose stuck into your own little hymn book.

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 09:28 - Nov 29 with 820 viewsKilkennyjack

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 08:41 - Nov 29 by Catullus

Well having a Commission doesn't mean he supports independence, again in his own words,

“But, nothing else is ruled out either. If I have the opportunity, I will certainly give my evidence to the commission that entrenched devolution in a successful United Kingdom is the best constitution for Wales.

You really need to try reading what Drakeford says, it's in his own words mun.

It's as if you don't have a clue how politics works and have your nose stuck into your own little hymn book.

Right, for those at the back of the class ….

Drakers would like a modern federal uk
A modern federal uk is not achievable with an English nationalist Brexit UK govt
Therefore Drakers will embrace independence for Cymru as the only alternative
The new Commission will make this option clear to all
Drakers will try once again for a better uk model based on Commission, again it will fail
Then Drakers and Welsh Labour will break from uk labour and support independence. The game changer, or wales could follow SNP with labour with no power …
The Plaid deal is the first step in showing how a new confident wales could be

Only a uk Labour victory can derail the Indy Cymru bus now.

Why do i have to spell it out to you time and again. Please try harder to keep up.

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 09:50 - Nov 29 with 812 viewsjohnlangy

Actually cat, from memory, he said they would not enter into a coalition with Labour.

They haven't
Labour/ Plaid Deal on 10:01 - Nov 29 with 805 viewsCatullus

Labour/ Plaid Deal on 09:50 - Nov 29 by johnlangy

Actually cat, from memory, he said they would not enter into a coalition with Labour.

They haven't

It's just Semantics John, they're calling it a "Co-Operation agreement" which is basically a coalition. Drakeford will do some things Plaid wants and in return Plaid will back Drakeford in the voting. The only true difference is Plaid don't have any ministers but there will apparently be "special advisors" from Plaid.

So what is the real difference, John? Plaid have a foot in government, it's a deal, a coalition in all but name as Labour are taking on some of plaids manifesto pledges. Who voted for that?

large edit, here you go John,

https://nation.cymru/news/adam-price-no-coalition-under-any-circumstances-with-c

In that story Price says,

He suggested however that he would be willing to join forces with Labour, but only if Plaid Cymru were the largest party or if it were an equal partnership.

However he “certainly” would not consider it if they were the junior coalition partner as in 2007-11.

“That wouldn’t deliver the level of transformational change we need,” he said. “We have had one party in power for 21 years and it is the oldest slogan in politics — it is time for a change. So I have taken that off the table because it wouldn’t deliver.

“I will give you a hypothetical. If we were short of a majority and Labour were prepared to consider becoming a junior partner to us then obviously we would not reject that out of hand.

“The other scenario is equal partners such as we have seen happen in Ireland. Those options are qualitatively different because you are not in a position of having another party effectively driving the political agenda. Being a junior party in a coalition would not deliver the kind of change that we would need.

“In terms of red lines in any discussions, my experience is that you don’t want to hold those discussions in advance. But clearly from our perspective self-determination is an absolutely critical principle. We would never trade away our principle of self-determination for the Welsh people.”

That's just what he's done, traded away because if not in a coalition then technically he's not even a junior partner, he's a dogsbody who's ensuring labour get what they want.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2021 10:07]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024