Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes, and out 16:58 - Nov 27 with 8143 viewsAndyCole

A waste of a midfield slot behind Grimes

We are so too defensive with Downes anchoring Grimes.

In the 94rd minute today he was our last man defender, wtf.

He had moments previously flunked his lines in a 'Back 4 ', gifting Reading a corner in the dying minutes.

Yet some on here have wanted him to replace our very Best player, captain and leader. Grimesy. Twp as.

[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 16:59]

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Downes, and out on 17:02 - Nov 27 with 3175 viewsBillyChong

He didn’t come on until the 63rd minute. The other strikers not showing enough promise to get on the pitch is a bigger issue.
Downes, and out on 17:14 - Nov 27 with 3131 viewsAndyCole

Downes, and out on 17:02 - Nov 27 by BillyChong

He didn’t come on until the 63rd minute. The other strikers not showing enough promise to get on the pitch is a bigger issue.

Maybe so, but doesn't detract from an ongoing dilemma of playing such an overtly defensive League 1 midfielder behind our top class CM - and expecting him to be the catalyst.

Downes ain't no catalyst. To date, Downes is our midfield hindrance which is why Martin has rightly relegated him.

Let's hope he watches and learns a bit more from the bench and in training, in the stiffs.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Downes, and out on 17:18 - Nov 27 with 3117 viewsFireboy2

Do not, i repeat, do not feed the WUM.
Downes, and out on 17:44 - Nov 27 with 3052 viewsmagicdaps10

Maybe if he started then his defensive side would have prevented all 3 goals.

I think the OP is a little silly and totally unthought out.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Downes, and out on 17:49 - Nov 27 with 3036 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes, and out on 17:44 - Nov 27 by magicdaps10

Maybe if he started then his defensive side would have prevented all 3 goals.

I think the OP is a little silly and totally unthought out.

Spot on , think he either has an unhealthy interest in Grimes or Downes has pinched his Mrs. Either way, very worrying...... or not lol Grimes 3 goals and 3 assists in nearly 70 games, needs to do more offensively.
Downes, and out on 17:51 - Nov 27 with 3020 viewsFireboy2

Downes, and out on 17:18 - Nov 27 by Fireboy2

My post about wums is down arrowed by troll, how apt 🤣
Downes, and out on 17:58 - Nov 27 with 3006 viewsjasper_T

Downes, and out on 17:49 - Nov 27 by Treforys_Jack

Spot on , think he either has an unhealthy interest in Grimes or Downes has pinched his Mrs. Either way, very worrying...... or not lol Grimes 3 goals and 3 assists in nearly 70 games, needs to do more offensively.

None of the midfield options are regular contributors going forward. Ntcham's best season was 4 in 23 for the best team in a pub league. Downes has 3 goals in over a hundred league games. Smith isn't into double figures over a 13 year career.
Downes, and out on 18:10 - Nov 27 with 2979 viewsAndyCole

Downes, and out on 17:18 - Nov 27 by Fireboy2

Here's the thing.

I absolutely cannot be arsed with twps like you, however after you're constant trolling of the very best posters on here, it's maybe time you put up or shut up.

How about contributing something of value to this forum, for once.

Here's you're opportunity to shine and critique.

Is Downes what we need in that space ?

Login to get fewer ads

Downes, and out on 18:21 - Nov 27 with 2943 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Downes, and out on 18:10 - Nov 27 by AndyCole

Here's the thing.

I absolutely cannot be arsed with twps like you, however after you're constant trolling of the very best posters on here, it's maybe time you put up or shut up.

Hi Ryan. Why don’t you get your 30 something arse into the kitchen and put the kettle on for your mum and dad. There’s a good boy

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Downes, and out on 18:23 - Nov 27 with 2940 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes, and out on 18:21 - Nov 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Hi Ryan. Why don’t you get your 30 something arse into the kitchen and put the kettle on for your mum and dad. There’s a good boy

Downes, and out on 18:27 - Nov 27 with 2924 viewsTreforys_Jack

The OP starts a thread about a player who wasn't on the pitch when we concede 3 very poor goals tells you all anyone needs to know. If he was on the pitch then Reading would almost certainly not have scored 3 goals. Go on admit it to yourself.
Downes, and out on 18:45 - Nov 27 with 2889 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes, and out on 18:10 - Nov 27 by AndyCole

Here's the thing.

Wouldn't have conceded 3 goals if he was there, over to you agenda boy.
Downes, and out on 18:58 - Nov 27 with 2867 views34dfgdf54

Downes, and out on 18:21 - Nov 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Downes, and out on 19:07 - Nov 27 with 2845 viewsBadlands

Grimes had a shocker today, negative and slow passing with not leadership at all.
Downes injected forward movement and pace in thought and action.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Downes, and out on 19:32 - Nov 27 with 2799 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes, and out on 18:45 - Nov 27 by Treforys_Jack

Wouldn't have conceded 3 goals if he was there, over to you agenda boy.

Nothing at all ? Ok 👍
Downes, and out on 19:41 - Nov 27 with 2782 viewsFireboy2

Downes, and out on 19:32 - Nov 27 by Treforys_Jack

Nothing at all ? Ok 👍

Don't waste your time TJ, he's tying himself up in knots with his hypocrisy.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 19:45]
Downes, and out on 19:44 - Nov 27 with 2775 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes, and out on 17:58 - Nov 27 by jasper_T

None of the midfield options are regular contributors going forward. Ntcham's best season was 4 in 23 for the best team in a pub league. Downes has 3 goals in over a hundred league games. Smith isn't into double figures over a 13 year career.

Agreed, but Grimes is on all free kicks, penalties and corners, stats should be higher imo.
Downes, and out on 19:47 - Nov 27 with 2751 viewsDr_Winston

Downes, and out on 19:44 - Nov 27 by Treforys_Jack

Agreed, but Grimes is on all free kicks, penalties and corners, stats should be higher imo.

Grimes is, and always has been, horrendous at set pieces.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Downes, and out on 19:48 - Nov 27 with 2749 viewsAndyCole

There was I hoping for an intelligent, grown up discussion about why we are so much worse with Downes brought on the pitch when chasing a game, at home against a bottom tiered team. And the 3 stooges show up, with a lackey with an agenda.

We lost at home against a bottom team, and the best you stooges can do is this ?

Downes was our weakest link when we needed our strongest, to steal the game away from a bottom 3 team.

We needed far better options off the bench. Walsh for sure, to take the game to them. Not on the bench, Williams, Obafemi, Whittaker..

Stooges, this ain't rocket science.

Downes, and out on 19:52 - Nov 27 with 2728 viewsFireboy2

Downes, and out on 19:48 - Nov 27 by AndyCole

There was I hoping for an intelligent, grown up discussion about why we are so much worse with Downes brought on the pitch when chasing a game, at home against a bottom tiered team. And the 3 stooges show up, with a lackey with an agenda.

We lost at home against a bottom team, and the best you stooges can do is this ?

Downes was our weakest link when we needed our strongest, to steal the game away from a bottom 3 team.

We needed far better options off the bench. Walsh for sure, to take the game to them. Not on the bench, Williams, Obafemi, Whittaker..

We played better with downes on the pitch today and reading are in a false position, without their points deduction they would be in 14th so not really a bottom team are they.

Both are facts btw.
Downes, and out on 19:56 - Nov 27 with 2719 viewsTreforys_Jack

Can't see anyone rushing to agree with you, but let me guess, everyone is wrong apart from you.
Downes, and out on 20:21 - Nov 27 with 2697 viewsFireboy2

Downes, and out on 19:56 - Nov 27 by Treforys_Jack

Can't see anyone rushing to agree with you, but let me guess, everyone is wrong apart from you.

I agree with you TJ, AC is never wrong.
Downes, and out on 20:28 - Nov 27 with 2688 viewsmagicdaps10

Let's be fair, you have made a right tw@t of yourself with this post and the original post.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Downes, and out on 20:33 - Nov 27 with 2675 viewsTreforys_Jack

Downes, and out on 20:28 - Nov 27 by magicdaps10

Let's be fair, you have made a right tw@t of yourself with this post and the original post.

Best leave him alone, its not fair to mock, he obviously has issues
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 20:47]
Downes, and out on 20:41 - Nov 27 with 2662 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Downes, and out on 17:58 - Nov 27 by jasper_T

If that’s the best defense you can offer for Grimes’ abject performance? He wasn’t worth a new contract , todays desertion for the first goal was in my mind two fingers up to the lot of us.

On the general performance I think Rhys Williams tried but was found wanting. If it was an attempt to appease Liverpool or get him some confidence back it failed miserably. Manning and Boswell should have started in their usual positions. Laird looked weirdly lacking in confidence and the midfield was totally out of balance.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024