Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 153017 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russia invade Ukraine on 14:12 - Mar 11 with 1087 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russia invade Ukraine on 11:45 - Mar 11 by Kilkennyjack

It will still run out dumbo.

Look up the word renewable ….. 😎

Hey Dumbo, why don't you look at how many years of Gas & Coal the UK has before making dumb statements.
You should also look at the absolutely pathetic performance of so called renewables due to intermittancy.
Unless you are intent on bringing the UK to a complete Industrial, Transport and social breakdown.
Russia invade Ukraine on 14:31 - Mar 11 with 1062 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:07 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

I'm not on their side, but is Putin any worse than Bush or Blair? I opposed that too

Yes considerably.

I think you should change your first name. That comparison isn't controversial, it's moronic.
Russia invade Ukraine on 15:11 - Mar 11 with 1029 viewsmajorraglan

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:07 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

I'm not on their side, but is Putin any worse than Bush or Blair? I opposed that too

What happened in Iraq was terrible, but VP is much much worse. During his watch Russia’s been involved in numerous conflicts including Georgia, Chechnya, Ukraine (twice) Syria (incoud8ng the use of chemical weapons) and the Central African Republic.
Russia invade Ukraine on 15:20 - Mar 11 with 1024 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:31 - Mar 11 by Scotia

Yes considerably.

I think you should change your first name. That comparison isn't controversial, it's moronic.

Approx 500k total deaths in Afghanistan alone. Almost 300k in Iraq, not Including the 500k children estimated to have died from illegal sanctions. I remember shock and awe too. It was far worse than the Ukraine so far
Russia invade Ukraine on 16:00 - Mar 11 with 993 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:20 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

Approx 500k total deaths in Afghanistan alone. Almost 300k in Iraq, not Including the 500k children estimated to have died from illegal sanctions. I remember shock and awe too. It was far worse than the Ukraine so far

Far worse?

Worse than attempting to overthrow a relatively peaceful democracy through force?

Worse than displacing over 2.5 million refugees in two weeks?

Worse than deliberately targeting two nuclear power stations?

Worse than using substantial anounts unguided high explosive weapons in civilian areas?

Worse than bombing 46 hospitals so far?

Worse than using cluster bombs in civilian areas?

Worse than bombing humanitarian escape routes?

Worse than laying siege to a city of half a million people and denying them food and drink?

Worse than threatening armageddon?

A foolish statement to make.
Russia invade Ukraine on 16:06 - Mar 11 with 993 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:20 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

Where do you get your figures though? According to the "Uppsala Conflict Data Program" approx 212,000 died in Afghanistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uppsala_Conflict_Data_Program

The "Costs of War Project" says 176,000 died,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uppsala_Conflict_Data_Program

The numbers can change significantly depending where you get them from.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:40 - Mar 11 with 965 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:00 - Mar 11 by Scotia

Far worse?

Worse than attempting to overthrow a relatively peaceful democracy through force?

Worse than displacing over 2.5 million refugees in two weeks?

Worse than deliberately targeting two nuclear power stations?

Worse than using substantial anounts unguided high explosive weapons in civilian areas?

Worse than bombing 46 hospitals so far?

Worse than using cluster bombs in civilian areas?

Worse than bombing humanitarian escape routes?

Worse than laying siege to a city of half a million people and denying them food and drink?

Worse than threatening armageddon?

A foolish statement to make.

Yes, much worse. We destroyed Iraq and it's infrastructure.

Overthrew a legit elected govt

used cluster bombs

Used depleted uranium

used land mines

Laid siege to Fallujah

deprived the population of basic meds causing the death of 500k children

That's just Iraq, without Afghanistan.

What's happening in Ukraine is terrible, but nothing compared to what we did in the middle east
Russia invade Ukraine on 18:20 - Mar 11 with 938 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:40 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

used cluster bombs

Used depleted uranium

used land mines

Laid siege to Fallujah

What's happening in Ukraine is terrible, but nothing compared to what we did in the middle east

Saddam Hussein had 100% of the vote? Do you seriously think that was a free and open election and he was democratically elected?

The siege of Fallugah was targeted against insurgents and included Iraqi forces. Are Ukrainian forces laying siege to Mariupol?

No munitions in any allied conflict have been deliberately targeted at civilians. None at all.

If you really think what has been done in Iraq and Afghanistan is worse than the events in Ukraine you're a bit deluded.
Login to get fewer ads

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:21 - Mar 11 with 934 viewsFlashberryjack

used cluster bombs

Used depleted uranium

used land mines

Laid siege to Fallujah

For someone claiming not to support Putin, you're doing a pretty good impression of someone who is.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:22 - Mar 11 with 934 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

used cluster bombs

Used depleted uranium

used land mines

Laid siege to Fallujah

You will never find a more outspoken critic of our actions in Iraq than myself but even I have to draw the line at “overthrew a legit elected govt”.

He had 100% of the votes out of an electorate of 12 million. He was undoubtedly a tyrant, a totalitarian dictator. There was nothing legit about any election which returned him. Trump had Make America great again. Boris had get Brexit done. Saddam had vote for me or die.
Russia invade Ukraine on 18:30 - Mar 11 with 912 viewsKeithHaynes

Russia now happy to accept foreigners to fight for them for free.
Same as Ukraine ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:34 - Mar 11 with 910 viewscontroversial_jack

Here's what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan, excluding those that died from the sanctions. Whether the death toll in Ukraine exceeds this - hopefully not, It still shows that the west is equally as bad as putin.

This doesn't include, Syria, Yemen, Somalia and so on.We could even go back to the Vietnam and Korean wars.

The day before Russia invaded, the US bombed Somalia, but that wasn't in the mainstream. Terrible as it is in the Ukraine, it's the hypocrisy and that get's to me.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/afghanistan-iraq-death-toll/
Russia invade Ukraine on 18:34 - Mar 11 with 910 viewsCatullus

used cluster bombs

Used depleted uranium

used land mines

Laid siege to Fallujah

You think Saddam Hussein was legitimately elected?

He was the only candidate they had to vote for and apparently every single eligible voter, all 11, 445, 638 of them voted for him. Well who else could they choose? But every single voter turned out too, remarkable.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/saddam-re-elected-president-by-100-of-voters-1.1

Come on now!

The rest of it, we used depeleted uranium in tank shells yes.

500k children, https://www.handlebar-online.com/usefull-tips/how-many-children-died-in-iraq-due

I'm not saying bad things didn't happen in the middle East but it was Blairs lies that took us there and how do we feel about the Bliar now?
Putin has also lied to his people to go to war, he has bombed hospitals and schools, bombed during truces and bombed safe pathways out for civilians, the death toll isn't middle East high yet but it could easily get there, not that I expect Putin to be honest about his casualties or how many civilians he has killed.

What about the Chemical weapons Russia sold Assad? What about the many thousands they killed in Afghanistan? How is Putin not as bad as the Gulf wars and Afghan put together, look at his record. he kills, imprisons or makes people disappear if they stand against him.

Be grateful you live in the UK where you can voice your opinions without that fear that many Russians have. In fact, Putin would probably like you for constantly saying the West has done worse.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:02 - Mar 11 with 887 viewsshingle

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:34 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

Here's what happened in Iraq and Afghanistan, excluding those that died from the sanctions. Whether the death toll in Ukraine exceeds this - hopefully not, It still shows that the west is equally as bad as putin.

This doesn't include, Syria, Yemen, Somalia and so on.We could even go back to the Vietnam and Korean wars.

The day before Russia invaded, the US bombed Somalia, but that wasn't in the mainstream. Terrible as it is in the Ukraine, it's the hypocrisy and that get's to me.

Well i would far prefer to live here and have my children brought up here rather than be suppressed in Russia, why do you think the people of countries like the Ukraine want no part of Russia.
Russia invade Ukraine on 19:07 - Mar 11 with 880 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:34 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

The US did not bomb "Somalia".

They targeted the Al Shabaab terrorist organisation with a laser guided drone. They happened to be in Somalia.

You know Al Shabaab? Those delightful gentlemen who took an entire school of girls aged about 12 hostage and kept them prisoner for several years.

I suppose you support their actions for turning those children into good married mothers too?
Russia invade Ukraine on 19:12 - Mar 11 with 868 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:07 - Mar 11 by Scotia

The US did not bomb "Somalia".

They targeted the Al Shabaab terrorist organisation with a laser guided drone. They happened to be in Somalia.

You know Al Shabaab? Those delightful gentlemen who took an entire school of girls aged about 12 hostage and kept them prisoner for several years.

I suppose you support their actions for turning those children into good married mothers too?

The US has been bombing Somalia since 2006
Russia invade Ukraine on 19:52 - Mar 11 with 827 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:34 - Mar 11 by Catullus

He was the only candidate they had to vote for and apparently every single eligible voter, all 11, 445, 638 of them voted for him. Well who else could they choose? But every single voter turned out too, remarkable.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/saddam-re-elected-president-by-100-of-voters-1.1

Come on now!

500k children, https://www.handlebar-online.com/usefull-tips/how-many-children-died-in-iraq-due

I'm not saying bad things didn't happen in the middle East but it was Blairs lies that took us there and how do we feel about the Bliar now?
Putin has also lied to his people to go to war, he has bombed hospitals and schools, bombed during truces and bombed safe pathways out for civilians, the death toll isn't middle East high yet but it could easily get there, not that I expect Putin to be honest about his casualties or how many civilians he has killed.

What about the Chemical weapons Russia sold Assad? What about the many thousands they killed in Afghanistan? How is Putin not as bad as the Gulf wars and Afghan put together, look at his record. he kills, imprisons or makes people disappear if they stand against him.

Be grateful you live in the UK where you can voice your opinions without that fear that many Russians have. In fact, Putin would probably like you for constantly saying the West has done worse.

You have gone from discussing Putin to Russian general warring.
Better check your dates for Afghanistan.
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:56 - Mar 11 with 812 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:34 - Mar 11 by Catullus

Come on now!

The admission that there are bio labs (funded by the US) should at least give some context in this whole debacle. How would the Americans react to the Russians funding bio labs in Mexico? Would the Americans just sit there and do nothing?

The invasion is a terrible terrible thing but the west has something to answer for given the admission in Washington over the last few days.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:03 - Mar 11 with 784 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:56 - Mar 11 by Brynmill_Jack

The admission that there are bio labs (funded by the US) should at least give some context in this whole debacle. How would the Americans react to the Russians funding bio labs in Mexico? Would the Americans just sit there and do nothing?

The invasion is a terrible terrible thing but the west has something to answer for given the admission in Washington over the last few days.

What admission? The USA and UN have clearly stated there are no USA funded biolabs and no evidence of them in Ukraine producing chemical weapons. They are calling it another Russian false flag operation.

Have you seen something else?

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:10 - Mar 11 with 766 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:56 - Mar 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Not true according to the United Nations. Have you got a direct line to Putin so you can repeat his lies. Do you still believe Russia has not invaded Ukraine and has not attacked, schools, hospital and other civlian targets with artillery and missiles.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:12 - Mar 11 with 758 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:52 - Mar 11 by A_Fans_Dad

You have gone from discussing Putin to Russian general warring.
Better check your dates for Afghanistan.

General warring? What are you doing when discussing Western military action going back several presidents and Prime Minsters then?

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:19 - Mar 11 with 741 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:03 - Mar 11 by Catullus

What admission? The USA and UN have clearly stated there are no USA funded biolabs and no evidence of them in Ukraine producing chemical weapons. They are calling it another Russian false flag operation.

Have you seen something else?

https://www.oann.com/u-s-under-secy-of-state-nuland-confirms-bioweapons-labs-in-

On Tuesday US under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland admitted that Ukraine has biological research facilities and that Washington was working with Ukraine to prevent the facilities from falling into Russian forces’ hands.
Russia invade Ukraine on 22:55 - Mar 11 with 711 viewsDJack

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:19 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

https://www.oann.com/u-s-under-secy-of-state-nuland-confirms-bioweapons-labs-in-

On Tuesday US under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland admitted that Ukraine has biological research facilities and that Washington was working with Ukraine to prevent the facilities from falling into Russian forces’ hands.

You are a weapon grade useful idiot.

Quoting OANN, all they care about is slinging mud at anyone not on the right end of the political spectrum and anything at Biden.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/feb/25/tweets/there-are-no-us-run-bio

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Russia invade Ukraine on 23:38 - Mar 11 with 684 viewsExiledJack

There seems to be quite a bit of gaslighting and projection in this thread. Sad at the best of times.
Russia invade Ukraine on 07:30 - Mar 12 with 638 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:12 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

The US has been bombing Somalia since 2006

I've obviously missed them chucking thermobaric weapons into suburban Mogadishu for the last 14 years.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024