Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 152993 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:17 - May 21 with 692 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:41 - May 21 by felixstowe_jack

That is just the point operations barbarossa was not planned. Germany had no winter clothing for their troops. The vehicles had no winter fuel their diesel just froze in the fuel tanks. They just pushed on blindly instead of making preparations for Winter and digging in until the spring.

Of course it was planned. You can't mobilize 3 million men in 3 army groups across a front over a 1000 miles and more with supporting artillery and aircraft. It was the biggest offensive there has ever been.

Yes, they had a deficiency in winter clothing, but that was put right later on.

Yes the winter was a hinderance, but the thaw was just as problematical when their vehicles got stuck in the mud and Russian tanks didn't
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:18 - May 21 with 685 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:01 - May 21 by Scotia

I obviously missed the invasion of Syria akin to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Or did I?

Fair play though you've attempted to answer a question which is almost a first.

No idea what you mean.
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:22 - May 21 with 682 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:18 - May 21 by controversial_jack

No idea what you mean.

Did the west invade Syria and destroy Raqqa, single handedly as Russia has done to Mariupol?

The answer is no. That doesn't make it right because its not, but its not as bad as the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Nothing has been since WW2.
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:30 - May 21 with 675 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:22 - May 21 by Scotia

Did the west invade Syria and destroy Raqqa, single handedly as Russia has done to Mariupol?

The answer is no. That doesn't make it right because its not, but its not as bad as the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Nothing has been since WW2.

It did say US airstrikes levelled the city and not Russian ones. Don't go down that route or i will bring up the carnage the US and allied inflicted on Iraq and it's ppl
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:37 - May 21 with 671 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:30 - May 21 by controversial_jack

It did say US airstrikes levelled the city and not Russian ones. Don't go down that route or i will bring up the carnage the US and allied inflicted on Iraq and it's ppl

You can bring that up if you want.

A lot of it was wrong. But not as wrong as undertaking a full scale invasion of a largely peaceful country and utterly destroying numerous conurbations and deliberately targeting civilians.

As I've said before, they're either both wrong or both right. You seem to think these actions, on both sides, can be justified. I don't.
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:40 - May 21 with 664 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:37 - May 21 by Scotia

You can bring that up if you want.

A lot of it was wrong. But not as wrong as undertaking a full scale invasion of a largely peaceful country and utterly destroying numerous conurbations and deliberately targeting civilians.

As I've said before, they're either both wrong or both right. You seem to think these actions, on both sides, can be justified. I don't.

That's exactly what we did in Iraq and on a larger scale. Yes it's wrong, but nobody else tried to stop the horrors in the Donbass area. Russia had no option
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:46 - May 21 with 664 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:40 - May 21 by controversial_jack

That's exactly what we did in Iraq and on a larger scale. Yes it's wrong, but nobody else tried to stop the horrors in the Donbass area. Russia had no option

No "we" didn't.

If this was about the horrors in Donbas why did Putin mention NATO more than anything else in his invasion announcement?

About the 8th time I've asked that.
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:52 - May 21 with 657 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:46 - May 21 by Scotia

No "we" didn't.

If this was about the horrors in Donbas why did Putin mention NATO more than anything else in his invasion announcement?

About the 8th time I've asked that.

There are always more than one cause to any conflict.This will send a message to NATO that Russia doesn't mess around and can't be intimidated by NATO.

I read somewhere that Russia intends to build 12 ned military bases in the west of the country as a buffer against NATO encroachment
Login to get fewer ads

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:55 - May 21 with 658 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:52 - May 21 by controversial_jack

There are always more than one cause to any conflict.This will send a message to NATO that Russia doesn't mess around and can't be intimidated by NATO.

I read somewhere that Russia intends to build 12 ned military bases in the west of the country as a buffer against NATO encroachment

The message that seems to be received by NATO is that except for Nukes the Russian armed forces are crap.

That hasn't answered the question though.
Russia invade Ukraine on 21:02 - May 21 with 654 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:55 - May 21 by Scotia

The message that seems to be received by NATO is that except for Nukes the Russian armed forces are crap.

That hasn't answered the question though.

Not really, Russia is making gains all the time. It takes time to destroy an entire military and it's infrastrucure.

Russian forces like to encircle the opposition and then hammer them with artillery. It's crude but effective
Russia invade Ukraine on 21:14 - May 21 with 652 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Russia invade Ukraine on 20:52 - May 21 by controversial_jack

NATO hasn’t encroached on a single grass of Russian territory.
Russia invade Ukraine on 21:38 - May 21 with 643 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:14 - May 21 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

No, that would have been an act of war.maybe, expansion towards Russia would have been a more apt word. A bit like Russia putting missiles on Cuba in America's backyard would be a good analogy.
Russia invade Ukraine on 22:11 - May 21 with 625 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:02 - May 21 by controversial_jack

Not really, Russia is making gains all the time. It takes time to destroy an entire military and it's infrastrucure.

Russian forces like to encircle the opposition and then hammer them with artillery. It's crude but effective

They've taken 3 months to do very little and have clearly resorted to plan c or d against a vastly inferior army.

That's a great strategy it's a shame that many civilians and associated infrastructure get hammered too.
Russia invade Ukraine on 22:13 - May 21 with 614 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:14 - May 21 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Where are all the heavy weapons and foreign fighters coming from if not NATO member states ? Don’t be an idiot kid.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:18 - May 21 with 607 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:38 - May 21 by controversial_jack

No, that would have been an act of war.maybe, expansion towards Russia would have been a more apt word. A bit like Russia putting missiles on Cuba in America's backyard would be a good analogy.

Only in response to the U.S. planting their own missiles in Turkey. Yet we never hear of the Russian Turkish missile crisis. Western aggression backfired and the Americans really lost their sh*t over it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuban_Missile_Crisis

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:22 - May 21 with 600 viewsBrynmill_Jack

More evidence of war crimes from the Ukrainians - this time the Aidan unit in the Luhansk region.
Amnesty international recognizes these as war crimes - not just RT.

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:36 - May 21 with 599 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 21:38 - May 21 by controversial_jack

Russia putting Nukes in Cuba is nothing to do with the USA anymore than the USA putting nukes in Europe is to do with Russia.
Russia invade Ukraine on 22:39 - May 21 with 595 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:36 - May 21 by Scotia

Russia putting Nukes in Cuba is nothing to do with the USA anymore than the USA putting nukes in Europe is to do with Russia.

It's exactly the same
Russia invade Ukraine on 22:45 - May 21 with 593 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:39 - May 21 by controversial_jack

It's exactly the same

Yes, I know.
Russia invade Ukraine on 23:17 - May 21 with 581 viewsLorax

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:41 - May 21 by felixstowe_jack

That is just the point operations barbarossa was not planned. Germany had no winter clothing for their troops. The vehicles had no winter fuel their diesel just froze in the fuel tanks. They just pushed on blindly instead of making preparations for Winter and digging in until the spring.

No sorry, Barbarossa was planned to the tiniest detail, the big problem was that Hitler knew he needed to win before winter set in and he didn't. Push on or dig in, Hitler lost as soon as winter came The Russians used a scorched earth strategy and retreated in the face of the Nazi's to buy themselves time. They knew if they could survive til the winter that the tide would turn, and it did.

It was a very sound strategy and it worked.

This claim though, that the Ukrainians were cowardly is obviously ridiculous, where were the defenders supposed to stand and fight, out in the open to be hammered by artillery. Only in military buildings which there aren't many of in the middle of most cities?

It's just more BS, is he goingto claim the same about Warsaw in WW2 where the defenders dug in at every building at every street? Warsaw was hammered like Mariupol.
Russia invade Ukraine on 23:18 - May 21 with 579 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:39 - May 21 by controversial_jack

It's exactly the same

But the act of aggression lies with the first action - that of the Americans.

For those same feckers to accuse the Russians of aggression (especially in light of the U.S. intervention (coup) in Ukraine in 2014 is the height of sarcasm or self unawareness.

Russia invade Ukraine on 23:51 - May 21 with 572 viewsmajorraglan

Russia invade Ukraine on 23:18 - May 21 by Brynmill_Jack

But the act of aggression lies with the first action - that of the Americans.

For those same feckers to accuse the Russians of aggression (especially in light of the U.S. intervention (coup) in Ukraine in 2014 is the height of sarcasm or self unawareness.

There wasn't a US coup in 2014, the Ukrainian President at the time renegades on a mandate he’d been given by Parliament to negotiate with the EU and did his own thing and went ff to negotiate with the Russians.
Russia invade Ukraine on 23:56 - May 21 with 570 viewsDJack

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:41 - May 21 by controversial_jack

Azov have been incorporated into the National guard. There were enough there to warrant their capture.The Russian forces that surrounded and defeated them, weren't even Russian elite troops either. Nobody except Zelensky has claimed Azov ard elite, but they are nasty evil NAZI scum, who are going to enjoy some Siberian hospitalty

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:28 - May 22 with 499 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 23:51 - May 21 by majorraglan

There wasn't a US coup in 2014, the Ukrainian President at the time renegades on a mandate he’d been given by Parliament to negotiate with the EU and did his own thing and went ff to negotiate with the Russians.

This is an item from 8 years ago and how true it was

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/30/russia-ukraine-war-kiev-co
Russia invade Ukraine on 10:39 - May 22 with 475 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:28 - May 22 by controversial_jack

This is an item from 8 years ago and how true it was

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/apr/30/russia-ukraine-war-kiev-co

A BBC news night report on the growing influence of the far right after the deposed Yannukovich government :-

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024