Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 153146 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russia invade Ukraine on 14:31 - Jun 16 with 728 viewscontroversial_jack

Reporters in conflicts, use what is known as the " pool method." It's too dangerous to be on the front line , and army commanders don't want them there. They get their info from the military and it's pooled among the various agencies. In this case it's the Ukrainian military, and that's why the western media is getting these falsehoods and distortions.
Russia invade Ukraine on 14:37 - Jun 16 with 714 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:31 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

Reporters in conflicts, use what is known as the " pool method." It's too dangerous to be on the front line , and army commanders don't want them there. They get their info from the military and it's pooled among the various agencies. In this case it's the Ukrainian military, and that's why the western media is getting these falsehoods and distortions.

So by that logic the reporters on the front line with the Russian forces are wanted at the front line by the Russians?

I agree. The Russians do want them there. Why do you think that is and who do you think is protecting them?
Russia invade Ukraine on 14:40 - Jun 16 with 709 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:37 - Jun 16 by Scotia

So by that logic the reporters on the front line with the Russian forces are wanted at the front line by the Russians?

I agree. The Russians do want them there. Why do you think that is and who do you think is protecting them?

They aren't on the front line, i just explained that
Russia invade Ukraine on 15:06 - Jun 16 with 692 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 14:40 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

They aren't on the front line, i just explained that

No. That's what you stated, you didn't explain it, probably becasue they clearly are on the front line with Russian forces.

You've contributed to most pages on the Patrick Lancaster thread discussing a "journalist" on the Russian front line.
Russia invade Ukraine on 15:11 - Jun 16 with 683 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:06 - Jun 16 by Scotia

No. That's what you stated, you didn't explain it, probably becasue they clearly are on the front line with Russian forces.

You've contributed to most pages on the Patrick Lancaster thread discussing a "journalist" on the Russian front line.

Please excuse the poor dab ,he's not the brightest on here .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:16 - Jun 16 with 679 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:06 - Jun 16 by Scotia

I'ev explained, reporters don't go on the front lines. I didn't state any jornos were on the actual front lines
Russia invade Ukraine on 15:17 - Jun 16 with 677 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:11 - Jun 16 by Boundy

I've been correct about everything so far
Russia invade Ukraine on 15:24 - Jun 16 with 676 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:15 - Jun 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Finally - you begin to see the point.

The western news outlets could use both Ukrainian and Russian sources. They don't - they only use the "propaganda" coming out of Kiev to parrot as the gospel truth - misleading those they seek are supposed to inform and more cynically to brainwash/manipulate them into acceptance of further military "aid" or even direct military intervention. I cited examples from past misinformation campaigns but the most insidious of the lot was the misinformation made up to justify the invasion of Iraq (weapons of mass destruction, rockets with a 45 minute availability to launch and the blaming of Saddam Hussein for the 9/11 terror attacks (the vast majority were from friendly Saudi Arabia). As a result of this conservative estimates range from just over 400,000 civilian deaths to over a million in some reports. That's pretty bad.

I have personally read on here the repeated lies coming from Western media sources including the rape of children by Russian soldiers (rubbished by the Ukraine government themselves after the sacking of their Human Rights Ombudsman), the Russian Army running out of bullets in March (laughably here we are three months on) , the Russian soldiers deserting due to freezing conditions in Southern Ukraine (min 16 degrees C max 31 degrees C) and the deliberate targeting of hospitals and schools but the DPR/LPR and Russian Army (only firing back at the Ukrainian forces which had taken them over to hole up in to launch rockets or sniper attacks with the civilians either evacuated or used as human shields).

The war is a different one but the lies are the same and for the same purpose - to accelerate military supplies or even intervention against the Russian bogeyman.

The shelling of Donetsk civilians with an estimated 300 shells landing within a single hour as reported by various independent journalists yesterday isn't reported anywhere on the MSM although the UN put out a statement that if true it should be classed as a war crime - an inconvenient truth. Of course this goes back another 8 tyears (another inconvenient truth).

Have a go at me by all means but I wasn't taken in by that shameful (in the case of the children's abuse) - a lot of people were seeking revenge for that horrible lie.

I do hope you see the parallels.

I've always seen the point. The first casualty of war is the truth.

The western media I read does use Russian sources, in fact it often quotes Russian state media.

I think you need to find a BS filter and not just deride every single thing that appears in Western media. Some of it is rubbish, some of it is misrepresented but some of it is likely to be accurate at least in the most part. I never believed the Sunday Sport headline that a London bus was found on the moon, but I'm sure some people did.

On a different topic I've never trusted some media sources reagrding Covid, from both sides of the political spectrum. The truth is likely to be somewhere in the middle. Just compare headlines from the Telegraph and the Mirror / Walesonline during the peak, or this today:-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/expert-links-uk-covid-surge-24239240

With this detailed report from the EDC.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-events/implications-emergence-spread-sars-cov

It's all click bait. The scarier or more outrageous it is the more clicks it gets. Whatever the subject
Login to get fewer ads

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:30 - Jun 16 with 671 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:16 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

I'ev explained, reporters don't go on the front lines. I didn't state any jornos were on the actual front lines

You said.

"Reporters in conflicts, use what is known as the " pool method." It's too dangerous to be on the front line , and army commanders don't want them there."

But there are reporters on the front line with Russian troops and you've contributed to a thread on them being there, so based on your comment above, they are obviosuly wanted by the Russians and are being protected by them.

Everyone else already knew that though.
Russia invade Ukraine on 15:30 - Jun 16 with 670 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:11 - Jun 16 by Boundy

He's too busy being controversial to be bright aswell.
Russia invade Ukraine on 16:33 - Jun 16 with 656 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:24 - Jun 16 by Scotia

I've always seen the point. The first casualty of war is the truth.

The western media I read does use Russian sources, in fact it often quotes Russian state media.

I think you need to find a BS filter and not just deride every single thing that appears in Western media. Some of it is rubbish, some of it is misrepresented but some of it is likely to be accurate at least in the most part. I never believed the Sunday Sport headline that a London bus was found on the moon, but I'm sure some people did.

On a different topic I've never trusted some media sources reagrding Covid, from both sides of the political spectrum. The truth is likely to be somewhere in the middle. Just compare headlines from the Telegraph and the Mirror / Walesonline during the peak, or this today:-

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/expert-links-uk-covid-surge-24239240

With this detailed report from the EDC.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-events/implications-emergence-spread-sars-cov

It's all click bait. The scarier or more outrageous it is the more clicks it gets. Whatever the subject

“Some of it is accurate, at least in the most part”.

Enlighten me! I think my BS filter worked out the now proven Ukrainian lies.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:38 - Jun 16 with 652 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:30 - Jun 16 by Scotia

You said.

"Reporters in conflicts, use what is known as the " pool method." It's too dangerous to be on the front line , and army commanders don't want them there."

But there are reporters on the front line with Russian troops and you've contributed to a thread on them being there, so based on your comment above, they are obviosuly wanted by the Russians and are being protected by them.

Everyone else already knew that though.

When reporters say they are on the frontline, they are 3 miles away on the roof of a hotel or such like
Russia invade Ukraine on 17:03 - Jun 16 with 643 viewsraynor94

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:38 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

When reporters say they are on the frontline, they are 3 miles away on the roof of a hotel or such like

Stuart Ramsey, Quentin Somerville and Dan Rivers

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:18 - Jun 16 with 632 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:03 - Jun 16 by raynor94

Stuart Ramsey, Quentin Somerville and Dan Rivers

Where are they??

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:36 - Jun 16 with 620 viewsraynor94

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:18 - Jun 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Where are they??

Ramsey is back in Ukraine after being shot by Russian troops, the other 2 report from the front line daily

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:44 - Jun 16 with 614 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:33 - Jun 16 by Brynmill_Jack

“Some of it is accurate, at least in the most part”.

Enlighten me! I think my BS filter worked out the now proven Ukrainian lies.

Because you want it to be. It's knackered when it comes to Russia.
Russia invade Ukraine on 19:26 - Jun 16 with 602 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 15:17 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

I've been correct about everything so far

Really ,I must have missed that post ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:29 - Jun 16 with 599 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:36 - Jun 16 by raynor94

Ramsey is back in Ukraine after being shot by Russian troops, the other 2 report from the front line daily

So let’s put this to the test - what are they saying?

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:30 - Jun 16 with 595 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:44 - Jun 16 by Scotia

Because you want it to be. It's knackered when it comes to Russia.

Crap. I challenged you to come up with some examples. None yet seen.

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:51 - Jun 16 with 583 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:30 - Jun 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Crap. I challenged you to come up with some examples. None yet seen.

So you seriously think every word published in Western media is fabricated?
Russia invade Ukraine on 19:52 - Jun 16 with 581 viewsraynor94

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:29 - Jun 16 by Brynmill_Jack

So let’s put this to the test - what are they saying?

Bloody hell! You have turned into Sergei Lavrov.

A picture is worth a thousand words

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:57 - Jun 16 with 580 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:26 - Jun 16 by Boundy

Really ,I must have missed that post ,

I knackered clock is right twice a day. Contro isn't.
Russia invade Ukraine on 22:31 - Jun 16 with 558 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:36 - Jun 16 by raynor94

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2000/mar/20/mondaymedia
Russia invade Ukraine on 06:52 - Jun 17 with 516 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:31 - Jun 16 by controversial_jack

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/2000/mar/20/mondaymedia

There would be no need for dirty wars if Russian did not invade other sovereign countries or observed international law .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Russia invade Ukraine on 08:17 - Jun 17 with 500 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 06:52 - Jun 17 by felixstowe_jack

There would be no need for dirty wars if Russian did not invade other sovereign countries or observed international law .

What, like the USA has for so many decades? Iraq, , Korea, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Libya, Syria, Grenada, Nicaragua, Venezuela………….

Can’t you see how laughable your ridiculous one eyed attitude is? Stay away from the keyboard!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024