Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piroe 21:46 - Feb 5 with 1273 viewsWhiterockin

Quality or flatters to decieve.

For me he started well but recently has not putting his chances away as a number 9 should. Hopefully things will improve with Patterson back, but I'm starting to have my doubts.
Piroe on 21:51 - Feb 5 with 1259 viewsDr_Winston

Didn't really have much in the way of opportunities today. Like most forwards he thrives on decent service and that's not really been there lately, especially with Paterson out.

Obafemi is a different kind of striker and is much better at playing off the shoulder of the last defender. Piroe seems to need to get more involved.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe on 21:55 - Feb 5 with 1244 viewsBoundy

Piroe on 21:51 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

Didn't really have much in the way of opportunities today. Like most forwards he thrives on decent service and that's not really been there lately, especially with Paterson out.

Obafemi is a different kind of striker and is much better at playing off the shoulder of the last defender. Piroe seems to need to get more involved.

With Obafemi I just wish players could see the runs he's willing to make , a lot of times in the first half he had acres in front of him but had to keep checking back and then watch the v ball go back or sidewards .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Piroe on 21:56 - Feb 5 with 1244 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe on 21:51 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

To be fair they both need service, but I don't think Piroe is doing enough. In my opinion Obafemi should have stayed on today with Piroe coming off.
Piroe on 21:57 - Feb 5 with 1238 viewsmax936

All about the service and the poor begger gets very little in that regard, it'll improve with Pato back Imo

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Piroe on 22:03 - Feb 5 with 1210 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe on 21:56 - Feb 5 by Whiterockin

To be fair they both need service, but I don't think Piroe is doing enough. In my opinion Obafemi should have stayed on today with Piroe coming off.

Don't disagree with that, but the last thing we needed today was Piroe dropping even deeper coming after the ball. We lacked an outlet after Manning went off as it was.

I don't understand the mindset of teams going down to ten men and sitting deeper. That's the last thing we should have done. We're much better off keeping the ball as far away from our defensive third as possible.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe on 22:04 - Feb 5 with 1207 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe on 21:55 - Feb 5 by Boundy

With Obafemi I just wish players could see the runs he's willing to make , a lot of times in the first half he had acres in front of him but had to keep checking back and then watch the v ball go back or sidewards .

In a team that "flows" better than we do there's a hatful of goals in Obafemi. He's reminding me greatly of Gomis in the Garry Monk team.

Piroe on 22:06 - Feb 5 with 1201 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe on 22:03 - Feb 5 by Dr_Winston

Don't disagree with that, but the last thing we needed today was Piroe dropping even deeper coming after the ball. We lacked an outlet after Manning went off as it was.

I don't understand the mindset of teams going down to ten men and sitting deeper. That's the last thing we should have done. We're much better off keeping the ball as far away from our defensive third as possible.

Obafemi's pace would have kept a couple of their defenders back and given us an out ball.
Piroe on 22:09 - Feb 5 with 1188 viewsKilkennyjack

I was not sure.

But I am a fan of Piroe now.

The set up of the team is important for him though.
Still work to do there on getting the very best out of him.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Piroe on 22:27 - Feb 5 with 1135 viewsmax936

That's an unusual thread from you Whitey, he's been living off scraps for me, he's quality, I expect his end product to improve now Pato is back, they seem to have a chemistry between them and long may it continue.

Piroe on 22:32 - Feb 5 with 1117 viewsmax936

Piroe on 22:06 - Feb 5 by Whiterockin

Obafemi's pace would have kept a couple of their defenders back and given us an out ball.

Piroe should have come off. keep the players with pace on the field when chasing a game or seeing a game out. its a categorical obligation.

Piroe on 22:37 - Feb 5 with 1109 viewsChief

I'm going to disagree with most of the comments on here in terms of his style.

Piroe is a rare striker in that he doesn't thrive off service, when he gets sitters, he usually misses. Most of goals he makes himself or the assist still leaves him loads to do.

Unfortunately, as he isn't good at sitters he's really got to be on his game to get goals.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Piroe on 06:31 - Feb 6 with 949 viewsjackal

He's feeding off scraps.

Needs to be given more service.
Piroe on 08:27 - Feb 6 with 904 viewsSTID2017

Piroe on 22:27 - Feb 5 by max936

That's an unusual thread from you Whitey, he's been living off scraps for me, he's quality, I expect his end product to improve now Pato is back, they seem to have a chemistry between them and long may it continue.

Totally agree and as I posted a few times during the past few weeks, " No Pato, No Piroe, No Party"
Let the good times roll

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Piroe on 10:26 - Feb 6 with 835 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe is obviously a decent footballer, a great find. But for me he isn’t a natural striker, he really does lack the ability to foresee opportunities and get in to positions where he can score. His ability to create them as we have seen is excellent, but his all round game as a striker needs improving.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Piroe on 10:34 - Feb 6 with 811 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe on 10:26 - Feb 6 by KeithHaynes

Piroe is obviously a decent footballer, a great find. But for me he isn’t a natural striker, he really does lack the ability to foresee opportunities and get in to positions where he can score. His ability to create them as we have seen is excellent, but his all round game as a striker needs improving.

Have said a few times now that he looks more like a #10 than an out and out forward. Paterson having a real gift for finding him in space worked beautifully to begin with, but with him unavailable we've started to see the room for improvement.

Since the start of the season Joel has been quite comfortable dropping deeper to get the ball, whereas a more traditional striker like Oba is much better served by making the darting runs that he does. Think the two could gel quite well as a pairing given time.

Piroe on 10:35 - Feb 6 with 812 viewsWhiterockin

Agreed. He is not a natural number 9 for me, he has a lot to learn. Hopefully he improves quickly and gets on another scoring run. Have the opposition sussed him out and making things difficult for him, saying that he is getting good chances but not putting them away. Talk of we will be lucky to still have him here next season are way off the mark IMO. Maybe 2 up front is the way to go for Piroe.
Piroe on 10:39 - Feb 6 with 797 views3swan

Nearly word for word a conversation I've just had. Along the lines of there is a limited time window when he is dangerous. Too long and he over thinks. Not enough and he snatches at the ball. That correct timespan and goal
Piroe on 10:31 - Feb 7 with 615 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Best finisher at the club bar none for years. Left foot , right foot, headers, poaching in the six yard box or outside the box worldies. OP , give your head a wobble

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Piroe on 14:01 - Feb 7 with 539 viewsFlashberryjack

A good finisher that's for sure, but doesn't get involved enough for my liking, and needs some coaching on the off side rules.

As others have said, with a bit more service from Pato he'll start hitting the back of the net sooner rather than later, the sooner starting at Stoke tomorrow.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Piroe on 14:09 - Feb 7 with 529 viewsThornburyswan

Piroe on 14:01 - Feb 7 by Flashberryjack

A good finisher that's for sure, but doesn't get involved enough for my liking, and needs some coaching on the off side rules.

As others have said, with a bit more service from Pato he'll start hitting the back of the net sooner rather than later, the sooner starting at Stoke tomorrow.

Agree, for me he is too often on his heels & gives the defender the chance to either close him down or nick the ball/get a block in - clearly he is our best option right now but we need to support him better, if we can create him some extra space/time he will score goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024