Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What real heroism looks like. 14:20 - Feb 25 with 4337 viewsLohengrin

You see the term bandied about wildly out of context in the world of sport, but if you want to see what it truly is look no further than the valiant defenders of Zmiinyi (snake) Island.

Heroes of an Eastern Thermopylae.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-soldiers-snake-island-ru

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What real heroism looks like. on 14:36 - Feb 25 with 2940 viewsProfessor

Valiant is the right word.

Seeing reports on Twitter of a young soldier sacrificing himself to blow up a strategic bridge.
What real heroism looks like. on 15:31 - Feb 25 with 2896 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Remarkable people, unbelievable heroism.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

What real heroism looks like. on 15:42 - Feb 25 with 2883 viewsKilkennyjack

And in marked contrast, this is pathetic leadership from Johnson.
The man is dangerous and ignorant in equal measure.

Lions led by donkeys. 🇬🇧

Beware of the Risen People

What real heroism looks like. on 15:50 - Feb 25 with 2880 viewsLohengrin

What real heroism looks like. on 14:36 - Feb 25 by Professor

Valiant is the right word.

Seeing reports on Twitter of a young soldier sacrificing himself to blow up a strategic bridge.

I read things like that and see the footage of Ukrainians of both sexes and all ages picking up arms and heading for the front, then contrast that with wider European response.

I don’t know about anybody else but I’m feeling more than a little ashamed.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

What real heroism looks like. on 15:59 - Feb 25 with 2875 viewsWingstandwood

If the bravery and sacrifice shown there epitomises the spirit/heroism of the entire Ukraine, it will be bleeding bloody obvious that the Russians face an insurgency hell probably like no other. The Ukrainian president seems cut from the same cloth by refusing to leave also!

What will truly force multiply an insurgency hell is the fact that there are thousands of modern anti-tank weapons (unlike sanction hit Iraq where RPG's were the weapon of the day) along with military issue weaponry.... I guess a good few tons of military high grade explosives will be thrown into the mix also. That is good for making those roadside IED's as seen in other conflicts.

I would not be surprised if there has been advance planning and preparation for a likely guerilla war. If so? The Russians could be tied up for years (decades?) experiencing absolute hell on Earth.

Argus!

What real heroism looks like. on 16:04 - Feb 25 with 2869 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

What real heroism looks like. on 15:50 - Feb 25 by Lohengrin

I read things like that and see the footage of Ukrainians of both sexes and all ages picking up arms and heading for the front, then contrast that with wider European response.

I'm of a similar mind, reading between the lines the Ukrainians are putting up a decent fight despite the odds.

There are European countres who have not supplied any defensive arms to the Ukraine, at least the UK has. However Europe needs to do more now to back up Ukraine and NATO needs to park a division in Poland.

What real heroism looks like. on 16:32 - Feb 25 with 2847 viewsBoundy

What real heroism looks like. on 16:04 - Feb 25 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'm of a similar mind, reading between the lines the Ukrainians are putting up a decent fight despite the odds.

There are European countres who have not supplied any defensive arms to the Ukraine, at least the UK has. However Europe needs to do more now to back up Ukraine and NATO needs to park a division in Poland.

One of many Putin's problems will be once/if he subjugates the Ukrainian people how does he propose to control the populace who by an overwhelming majority do not want to be part of Russia nor should they be . The fight will continue even after Russia's so called victory both in terms of political back lash and insurgency .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What real heroism looks like. on 17:15 - Feb 25 with 2814 viewstrampie

I feel your pain Lohengrin, but I think Ukraine is a line in the sand unfortunately for them, anything else from Putin will surely be met with force particularly if it's a bona fide neutral nothing to do with Russia medium sized European nation, then if we do next to nothing it really will be time to be ashamed.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

What real heroism looks like. on 17:19 - Feb 25 with 2806 viewstrampie

What real heroism looks like. on 16:32 - Feb 25 by Boundy

One of many Putin's problems will be once/if he subjugates the Ukrainian people how does he propose to control the populace who by an overwhelming majority do not want to be part of Russia nor should they be . The fight will continue even after Russia's so called victory both in terms of political back lash and insurgency .

He doesn't intend occupying the whole of the Ukraine for long, he intends regime change, I wonder where he learnt that one.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

What real heroism looks like. on 17:27 - Feb 25 with 2799 viewsKeithHaynes

Just remember the wars in the nineties, Bosnia etc. These people are hard as hell. They are courageous and willing to die for any cause for their country. It’s the Eastern European way.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What real heroism looks like. on 17:41 - Feb 25 with 2776 viewsWingstandwood

What real heroism looks like. on 17:27 - Feb 25 by KeithHaynes

Just remember the wars in the nineties, Bosnia etc. These people are hard as hell. They are courageous and willing to die for any cause for their country. It’s the Eastern European way.

And actions like the one in the video is going to be the complete and utter opposite of a "hearts and minds" approach to get the population onside to accept an occupation.

Argus!

What real heroism looks like. on 17:47 - Feb 25 with 2765 viewsProfessor

What real heroism looks like. on 17:56 - Feb 25 with 2755 viewsProfessor

Incredibly frustrated, sad and powerless.
I can’t help but think of the the lovely guy from the company I worked with in Kyiv. Probably around 40. That guy is probably out with a gun in his hand. I look at the pen they gave me as a gift. Engraved with my name and the Ukrainian trident and I feel like crying.
What real heroism looks like. on 17:57 - Feb 25 with 2754 viewsBoundy

What real heroism looks like. on 17:27 - Feb 25 by KeithHaynes

I was out there during that particular war ,not as a combatant, I'd left the Army by then , but delivering aid as many others did at the time. It was shocking seeing the destruction of a modern country then and the thought that this being repeated 30 years on because yet another power mad megalomaniac decides to do so is sickening .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What real heroism looks like. on 20:24 - Feb 25 with 2697 viewsSirjohnalot

I’ve been in the Royal Courts of Justice this week. The difference in security was noticeable from Monday to Thursday
What real heroism looks like. on 20:48 - Feb 25 with 2674 viewsFergal

Usyk headed BACK to Ukraine to fight for his people when he could have stayed in London and spent his millions. Hero.
What real heroism looks like. on 20:55 - Feb 25 with 2665 viewsSirjohnalot

What real heroism looks like. on 20:48 - Feb 25 by Fergal

Usyk headed BACK to Ukraine to fight for his people when he could have stayed in London and spent his millions. Hero.

klitschko brothers are too. Incredible people.
What real heroism looks like. on 21:40 - Feb 25 with 2622 viewsScotia

There's an article by Frank Gardener on the beeb suggesting that the Russians are finding this invasion far harder than they envisaged.

The Ukrainians are putting up one hell of a fight, good luck to them. We need to give as much support as we realistically can without starting a nuclear war.
What real heroism looks like. on 23:20 - Feb 25 with 2578 viewsJack123

What real heroism looks like. on 21:40 - Feb 25 by Scotia

There's an article by Frank Gardener on the beeb suggesting that the Russians are finding this invasion far harder than they envisaged.

The Ukrainians are putting up one hell of a fight, good luck to them. We need to give as much support as we realistically can without starting a nuclear war.

I was watching the news earlier, and saw the Ukrainian civilians getting weapons handed, I must admit.. I was like wtf, if faced with a similar scenario.. Handed a rifle, against trained military.

It seems like lambs to the slaughter.. :(

libera nos a malo

What real heroism looks like. on 08:17 - Feb 26 with 2517 viewsScotia

What real heroism looks like. on 23:20 - Feb 25 by Jack123

I was watching the news earlier, and saw the Ukrainian civilians getting weapons handed, I must admit.. I was like wtf, if faced with a similar scenario.. Handed a rifle, against trained military.

It seems like lambs to the slaughter.. :(

A lot of people are going to die. It's awful.

More worryingly I've just seen Putins TV address to the Ukrainian armed forces he seems to have lost the plot which is very concerning.
What real heroism looks like. on 08:28 - Feb 26 with 2510 viewsKilkennyjack

What real heroism looks like. on 20:55 - Feb 25 by Sirjohnalot

klitschko brothers are too. Incredible people.

100 per cent.

Johnson would be checking the on board menu for his flight out.

Beware of the Risen People

What real heroism looks like. on 08:48 - Feb 26 with 2502 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Huge bravery in a needless war.

What real heroism looks like. on 15:24 - Feb 26 with 2443 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Yet when we show the slightest bit of pride or patriotism in these islands and her history or have the nerve to wave our countries flag it’s considered fascist, imperialistic, nationalistic and far right.

Somewhere along the way we have seriously lost our way.
What real heroism looks like. on 15:56 - Feb 26 with 2412 viewsPolskijack

I have several Ukrainian friends here and some have already left families and safe homes here to travel back to fight. Very emotional saying goodbye as sadly they might not return. They are well aware of this but went anyway. I have lived here for many years and whilst not being Polish,this is my home and I hope I'd
have the strength to do the same.
What real heroism looks like. on 15:58 - Feb 26 with 2407 viewsGwyn737

What real heroism looks like. on 15:56 - Feb 26 by Polskijack

I have several Ukrainian friends here and some have already left families and safe homes here to travel back to fight. Very emotional saying goodbye as sadly they might not return. They are well aware of this but went anyway. I have lived here for many years and whilst not being Polish,this is my home and I hope I'd
have the strength to do the same.

I hope your Polish friends are incredibly proud of the way their country has responded to the crisis.

They blummin’ well should be 👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024