Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin and Allen at Port Talbot 22:22 - Apr 11 with 2386 viewsmagicdaps10

Anyone go, what was the news?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 07:34 - Apr 13 with 452 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 14:19 - Apr 12 by vetchonian

Yes im sure Martin 's ego would allow him to sit there and admit he got some things wrong has adjusted....we are doing some things differently to how we played earlier in the season..if people dont want to see it thats fine I respect their opinions..

the evidence is there and it seems others have noticed it too not just the usual suspects.

For me its great we are getting results the football is attractive more so than the start of the season and the bore fests such as Hull, Millwall and Sheffield Utd at home...long may it continue

Everybody sees it, you would have to be blind not to.

Who admits it however is another thing. Martin would be the first one the list I would expect would not acknowledge it, a few posters wouldn’t be far behind.

But I’m safe in the knowledge everyone knows really.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 07:48 - Apr 13 with 437 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 15:02 - Apr 12 by STID2017

Day one v Blackburn - play out from the back through the keeper
Day forty v Derby - play out from the back through the keeper.
That is Martin's blueprint

“Playing out from the back” is not a blue print, it’s a small feature of a system. A tiny part.

If we play it out from the back until we get it to midfield and then smash it long 40 yards into the box relentlessly, is that the same blue print? Of course not.

Many styles begin with playing it from the back and are wildly different from each other. If that’s as deep as people are able to look into a system then no wonder people still think it’s the same, and it’s no wonder people compare it to the Rodgers system which is something I’m reading more and more about and it blows my mind.

Not even slightly the same. Not even in the same realm, regardless of them starting possession with their keeper.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 08:53 - Apr 13 with 387 viewsmagicdaps10

Looking through this post DrP, 9 posters are of the idea that the Martin plan is coming to fruition, 3 seem to think differently....it means nothing in the cold light of day but that's 9 people who think you are incorrect and are amazed you don't see it.

What I am trying to say, there are 9 people thinking exactly the same about yourself in their mind to how things are going in relation to that last post of yours.

Its not a case of who shouts loudest and longest wins,

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 08:56 - Apr 13 with 368 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 08:53 - Apr 13 by magicdaps10

Looking through this post DrP, 9 posters are of the idea that the Martin plan is coming to fruition, 3 seem to think differently....it means nothing in the cold light of day but that's 9 people who think you are incorrect and are amazed you don't see it.

What I am trying to say, there are 9 people thinking exactly the same about yourself in their mind to how things are going in relation to that last post of yours.

Its not a case of who shouts loudest and longest wins,

But are they actually thinking it?…

or are they saying it because it suits? Or indeed simply cannot look past the basic “we still play it from the keeper so it must be the same” view.

I’d be stunned if that was not the case as it’s clearly changed, it was pointed out in real time.

I agree it’s not who shouts loudest, it’s who can show their view with evidence. I have shown an abundance.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 09:16 - Apr 13 with 352 viewsQJumpingJack

If we continue this great form until the end of the season I wonder if Norwich will come knocking in the Summer? Quite possible.
Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 09:20 - Apr 13 with 349 viewsmagicdaps10

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 08:56 - Apr 13 by Dr_Parnassus

But are they actually thinking it?…

or are they saying it because it suits? Or indeed simply cannot look past the basic “we still play it from the keeper so it must be the same” view.

I’d be stunned if that was not the case as it’s clearly changed, it was pointed out in real time.

I agree it’s not who shouts loudest, it’s who can show their view with evidence. I have shown an abundance.

OK, calm down!

There is evidence from both sides, some of it proves little to nothing and as you say it's then a case of believing what suits.

I won't go over old ground again, it becomes tiresome and a pointless exercise but we can all admit that the current football is the most enjoyable we are witnessing for some time at the club, long may it continue.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 09:29 - Apr 13 with 334 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 09:20 - Apr 13 by magicdaps10

OK, calm down!

There is evidence from both sides, some of it proves little to nothing and as you say it's then a case of believing what suits.

I won't go over old ground again, it becomes tiresome and a pointless exercise but we can all admit that the current football is the most enjoyable we are witnessing for some time at the club, long may it continue.

What do you mean calm down? You’ve lost me there.

What evidence is there apart from the words “it’s the same” is there? Show me how triple the long balls, 20% less possession and 40% less passes says it’s the same.

The reasoning just makes no logical sense. To suggest players who played direct football last year… took so long to play direct football is just barmy.

If we went from 50% possession, 500 passes and 15% long balls - to 75% possession, 750 passes and 5% long, then I would understand the progression argument. Taking a group of players used to one particular style and it growing and building slowly towards a goal.

But we are talking about a group going from 50% (last season) to 75%… and back to high 50’s. From 400 passes (last season) to 800, then back to 550. From 15% long (last season) to 4% to 12%.

The style he brought in was far too dramatic, it was a parody of possession football as opposed to an effective way of playing. With MK Dons expectations were low and he could get away with it, often hiding behind “we dominated, don’t understand why we didn’t win”.

Here however he came to a club where many fans were not blinded by words, knew possession football and knew how it should be played. As soon as the boos started ringing out and polls showed support was waning, he magically went sensible in all key areas.

It’s not a coincidence.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 11:30 - Apr 13 with 272 viewsSTID2017

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 09:20 - Apr 13 by magicdaps10

OK, calm down!

Martin's blueprint is starting to work and I am looking forward to Friday.
Should be an opportunity for some exciting expansive football

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 11:35 - Apr 13 with 266 viewsDr_Parnassus

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 11:30 - Apr 13 by STID2017

Which blueprint would that be?

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 11:36 - Apr 13 with 267 viewsjasper_T

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 09:16 - Apr 13 by QJumpingJack

If we continue this great form until the end of the season I wonder if Norwich will come knocking in the Summer? Quite possible.

They already hired their promotion campaign manager though.
Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 11:50 - Apr 13 with 258 viewsmagicdaps10

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 11:30 - Apr 13 by STID2017

As it appears, hoping for the same Friday also.

Starting to get the buzz back after a few years of missing the feeling, think it's down to my 7 year old and his whole life revolving around the Swans.... The infectious enthusiasm of children hey!?

Fingers crossed for Friday.

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 12:00 - Apr 13 with 254 viewsSTID2017

Martin and Allen at Port Talbot on 11:50 - Apr 13 by magicdaps10

As it appears, hoping for the same Friday also.

Starting to get the buzz back after a few years of missing the feeling, think it's down to my 7 year old and his whole life revolving around the Swans.... The infectious enthusiasm of children hey!?

Fingers crossed for Friday.

Great to see new young fans coming along.
Enjoy the game

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024