Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh tourism tax 11:41 - Apr 13 with 17943 viewsbritferry

What you think?

I think it will be a terrible idea, it will put people off coming here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/tourism-boss-says-anti-english-236

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Welsh tourism tax on 15:11 - May 22 with 858 views73__73

Welsh tourism tax on 13:44 - May 22 by Kilkennyjack

This is correct.

Now the price you pay is that the Bank of England will continue to make the decisions, but there is no issue with the Celtic nations using the pound.

Also the Euro is a potential for them all.
Thats the best option because it will greatly upset Brenda and Keith from Stoke when tbis visit for the weekend.

So you’d be happy for Wales to be controlled by the Bank of England
As for the euro, good luck to all these who cross the English border each day for work etc 😁 that is if the English let the welsh work in England that is....👍
[Post edited 22 May 2022 18:13]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Welsh tourism tax on 15:29 - May 22 with 855 viewsBryanSwan

Welsh tourism tax on 14:07 - May 22 by Treforys_Jack

I respect and somewhat admire your patriosm however not your thinly veiled xenophobia. The sennedd has been a complete disaster, you must have had such high hopes 20yrs ago, saying that Cardiff have done alright out of it I suppose and it is the capital.

Let's have a referendum I say and be done with it.

Not that i think Labour have done particularly well in the Senedd, but they are a damn sight better than those in Westminster.
Is that referendum even worth having, im sure the last time i saw polls to do with devolution there was an overwhelming majority for retaining the same or gaining more powers for the Senedd.
Id like a referendum on Independence, but that would stand no chance if it were held today.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Welsh tourism tax on 16:53 - May 22 with 831 viewsTreforys_Jack

Welsh tourism tax on 15:29 - May 22 by BryanSwan

Not that i think Labour have done particularly well in the Senedd, but they are a damn sight better than those in Westminster.
Is that referendum even worth having, im sure the last time i saw polls to do with devolution there was an overwhelming majority for retaining the same or gaining more powers for the Senedd.
Id like a referendum on Independence, but that would stand no chance if it were held today.

Who knows, bit let's have it and abide by the result, if people want independence, so be it. I'm pretty sure it would be a resounding stay in the Union but who actually knows.
Welsh tourism tax on 17:01 - May 22 with 813 viewsBryanSwan

Welsh tourism tax on 16:53 - May 22 by Treforys_Jack

Who knows, bit let's have it and abide by the result, if people want independence, so be it. I'm pretty sure it would be a resounding stay in the Union but who actually knows.

When the case is stronger for either there will be a vote, at the moment Labour are the status quo vote in Wales.
Any decisions here would probably come after Scotland and N.Ireland.

Welsh tourism tax on 17:36 - May 22 with 789 viewsLorax

Polls have been badly wrong on many issues this last 10 years, they were dead wrong about Brexit to start with.

The only poll that counts, is the one that counts so lets have the vote and see what Wales really does want!

By that I mean a referendum on all of it, indy, devolution, more powers for the Senedd. lets do it and see what the people decide.
Welsh tourism tax on 17:55 - May 22 with 785 viewsBryanSwan

Welsh tourism tax on 17:36 - May 22 by Lorax

Polls have been badly wrong on many issues this last 10 years, they were dead wrong about Brexit to start with.

The only poll that counts, is the one that counts so lets have the vote and see what Wales really does want!

By that I mean a referendum on all of it, indy, devolution, more powers for the Senedd. lets do it and see what the people decide.

Leaning toward Indy Wales i wouldnt want a referendum anytime soon, i would like to wait for the fallout from current situations. (Learning from what happened with Scotlands first vote).
I would be pretty confident a referendum on Devo vs Abolish, would continue the senedd, although with the way the media and press work over here anything could happen.

Welsh tourism tax on 18:02 - May 22 with 780 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 17:55 - May 22 by BryanSwan

Leaning toward Indy Wales i wouldnt want a referendum anytime soon, i would like to wait for the fallout from current situations. (Learning from what happened with Scotlands first vote).
I would be pretty confident a referendum on Devo vs Abolish, would continue the senedd, although with the way the media and press work over here anything could happen.

We are all different. I say lets do it now but everyone has to accept the result.

When you talk about the press, in Wales we have the "Walesonline" and a more pro Senedd, pro indy outlet for Wales there is not. They have deleted comments of mine (and others) that do not breach their guidelines but are critical of the Senedd and pro UK.
Welsh tourism tax on 18:46 - May 22 with 756 viewstrampie

Yes they are better than those in Westminster.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh tourism tax on 19:38 - May 22 with 734 viewsTreforys_Jack

Let the people decide.
Welsh tourism tax on 21:51 - May 22 with 698 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh tourism tax on 17:55 - May 22 by BryanSwan

And I'd be pretty confident that Wales would vote to get rid of the senedd, not that there ever will be a vote.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Welsh tourism tax on 22:04 - May 22 with 681 viewstrampie

Welsh tourism tax on 21:51 - May 22 by Flashberryjack

And I'd be pretty confident that Wales would vote to get rid of the senedd, not that there ever will be a vote.

14 years after the devolution referendum there was a referendum on giving the Senedd more powers which passed with something like a 2/3rds majority, you are entitled to your opinion but it does seem very unlikely that people would vote to get rid of the Senedd.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Welsh tourism tax on 23:37 - May 22 with 658 viewsKilkennyjack

Abolish had 1.6% in constituencies and 3.7% in the regional votes.

So in 2021 less than 3 in 100 welsh voters voted Abolish when they had the chance.
97% voted for non Abolish parties.

Your confidence must be based on taking to your dog.
Reality says you are very wrong.

The only debate in town in Devo vs Indy.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh tourism tax on 13:21 - May 23 with 610 viewsBryanSwan

If there was demand for the vote there would be one, the same for indy the demans for either is not there currently.

Welsh tourism tax on 13:56 - May 23 with 593 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh tourism tax on 13:21 - May 23 by BryanSwan

If there was demand for the vote there would be one, the same for indy the demans for either is not there currently.

We'll never have a vote on the Senedd, not as long as Drakeford has his hand on the tiller.

Hello

Welsh tourism tax on 15:26 - May 23 with 555 viewstrampie

Welsh tourism tax on 13:56 - May 23 by Flashberryjack

We'll never have a vote on the Senedd, not as long as Drakeford has his hand on the tiller.

There is no demand for abolish, the next vote if there is one might well be for more powers again.

Welsh tourism tax on 17:39 - May 23 with 524 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh tourism tax on 15:26 - May 23 by trampie

There is no demand for abolish, the next vote if there is one might well be for more powers again.

There is a demand to abolish, and it's getting stronger.

And if there was a vote for more power, that would be down the pan as well, as much as most of the people in Wales dislike the present Westminster government, they can see what the alternative is, and shudder at the thought of giving Drakeford Price more power.

Hello

Welsh tourism tax on 17:46 - May 23 with 512 viewstrampie

Welsh tourism tax on 17:39 - May 23 by Flashberryjack

And if there was a vote for more power, that would be down the pan as well, as much as most of the people in Wales dislike the present Westminster government, they can see what the alternative is, and shudder at the thought of giving Drakeford Price more power.

I think you are wrong, I think the Senedd is more highly thought of than Westminster but each to their own as they say.

Welsh tourism tax on 17:47 - May 23 with 512 viewsWingstandwood

Welsh tourism tax on 17:39 - May 23 by Flashberryjack

Aye, it'll be a case of raise taxes to fund an explosion of 'third-sector'/'quango' patronage and to plough even more money into Cardiff! Because? That is what that lot in Cardiff Bay have been doing for years.

The merry gang in Cardiff Bay are the last lot I would ever want to have 'carte blanche'!
[Post edited 23 May 2022 17:47]

Argus!

Welsh tourism tax on 18:32 - May 23 with 476 viewsFlashberryjack

Welsh tourism tax on 17:46 - May 23 by trampie

I think you are wrong, I think the Senedd is more highly thought of than Westminster but each to their own as they say.

Obviously, I can only go by what the people I know say, and the vast majority of them would vote to abolish the Senedd, as you say, each to their own.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 19:01]

Hello

Welsh tourism tax on 19:42 - May 23 with 439 viewsDr_Winston

Welsh tourism tax on 17:47 - May 23 by Wingstandwood

Aye, it'll be a case of raise taxes to fund an explosion of 'third-sector'/'quango' patronage and to plough even more money into Cardiff! Because? That is what that lot in Cardiff Bay have been doing for years.

The merry gang in Cardiff Bay are the last lot I would ever want to have 'carte blanche'!
[Post edited 23 May 2022 17:47]

Like I've said before. Anyone who lives outside the Cardiff and surrounding area who votes to give the Senedd more power is effectively committing civic suicide.

A 20 year freeze on public investment in Cardiff to give the rest of the country a chance at some is long overdue.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Welsh tourism tax on 19:48 - May 23 with 432 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 15:26 - May 23 by trampie

Again it's polls but the polls have shown as much demand for abolish as for indy. Over 20% last time I saw one. The poor turnout in the vote is just the same problem we have with any Senedd elections, most people aren't interested and the abolish vote won't bother unless it's a referendum on the core subject, voting a few people into the Senedd won't make it happen because the turkeys in there would never vote for Christmas!
Welsh tourism tax on 20:13 - May 23 with 407 viewsBryanSwan

Welsh tourism tax on 18:32 - May 23 by Flashberryjack

Obviously, I can only go by what the people I know say, and the vast majority of them would vote to abolish the Senedd, as you say, each to their own.
[Post edited 23 May 2022 19:01]

The people you associate with have similar views to yourself. Much like everyone, you tend to get along with people with similar views. I don't think i know a single person who would abolish the Senedd and most of them are leaning towards indy.

Welsh tourism tax on 20:56 - May 23 with 388 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 20:13 - May 23 by BryanSwan

The people you associate with have similar views to yourself. Much like everyone, you tend to get along with people with similar views. I don't think i know a single person who would abolish the Senedd and most of them are leaning towards indy.

Then that must be down to how big your circle of friends is, so in effect no true indication from either side

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh tourism tax on 20:57 - May 23 with 387 viewsLorax

I think that after brexit a lot of people stopped talking about politics with friends and family, too many arguments. I'm not sure if a lot of us now know how many the people in our lives would choose.

Many of the people I know don't even bother voting but I do know a few of them think it makes no difference who we vote for, makes no difference to our lives. I know a few others who used to be very pro indy but over the years their tune has changed, I was one of them. The sparkly eyed stupidity of youth learned some lessons along the way.

The only way to be sure is to have the vote. The Senedd will never allow it though. We'll be asked if we want more powers but the option to reverse devolution will never be on a ballot. Brexit still haunts them.
Welsh tourism tax on 21:14 - May 23 with 362 viewsFlashberryjack

I mix with a large amount of people socially and professionally, we certainly don't agree on everything politically or on any other subjects, but, 90% agree on abolishing the Senedd.

With regard to increasing the numbers and powers of the Senedd, that is one subject we agree 100% on.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024