Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 11:04 - May 4 with 1550 viewspencoedjack

Lets hope he wins the play offs otherwise after his poor management of us in last years final & one of the biggest squads in the championship in Florist will get him a reputation as a bottler.

Cooper on 11:27 - May 4 with 1123 viewsDr_Parnassus

He will go down as the best manager in the league regardless.

Forest are not expected to go up, they are $3.10 meaning there is far more chance they won't go up than will go up. They have a chance of course, but far more chance that they won't go up.

It will be an incredible achievement if they do from where they were when he took over.

You can't bottle something that is not probable that you can achieve. Although I understand many like to pretend otherwise for their narrative...
[Post edited 4 May 2022 11:29]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Cooper on 11:43 - May 4 with 1101 viewsEagleEye

Cooper has proven that he can get the best out the players that he has at his disposal:

England juniors - world champions

Swans - 2 plays offs with odds n sods, loanees & Ayew

Forest - what he has achieved there is remarkable considering the experienced journeyman Hughton was only taking them in one direction
Cooper on 11:44 - May 4 with 1099 viewsvetchonian

Cooper on 11:27 - May 4 by Dr_Parnassus

He will go down as the best manager in the league regardless.

Forest are not expected to go up, they are $3.10 meaning there is far more chance they won't go up than will go up. They have a chance of course, but far more chance that they won't go up.

It will be an incredible achievement if they do from where they were when he took over.

You can't bottle something that is not probable that you can achieve. Although I understand many like to pretend otherwise for their narrative...
[Post edited 4 May 2022 11:29]

Did Martin bottle it on Saturday then whem we lsot?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Cooper on 11:46 - May 4 with 1070 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper on 11:44 - May 4 by vetchonian

I guess if losing means you bottle it then we have bottled it 16 times this year.

Cooper on 11:58 - May 4 with 1059 viewsSTID2017

Cooper on 11:43 - May 4 by EagleEye

Cooper has proven that he can get the best out the players that he has at his disposal:

England juniors - world champions

Swans - 2 plays offs with odds n sods, loanees & Ayew

Forest - what he has achieved there is remarkable considering the experienced journeyman Hughton was only taking them in one direction

Agreed he is a good manager but up to now has won nothing at a senior level.
He has done well at Forest so far, but ultimately not won anything yet.
Forest lost key games against Luton and Bournemouth. Had they won those two they may have been promoted automatically ( although that would still have hinged on Saturday)
Silva's team were outstanding this season and Parker has won promotion twice with two different sides.
To state he is the best manager over and above Silva and Parker is, IMHO, an exaggeration.
To throw a hypothetical into the mix, even given our squads of the last three years, I believe Silva or Parker would have got us promoted

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cooper on 12:02 - May 4 with 1042 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper on 11:58 - May 4 by STID2017

Forest lost key games against Luton and Bournemouth. Had they won those two they may have been promoted automatically ( although that would still have hinged on Saturday)
Silva's team were outstanding this season and Parker has won promotion twice with two different sides.
To state he is the best manager over and above Silva and Parker is, IMHO, an exaggeration.
To throw a hypothetical into the mix, even given our squads of the last three years, I believe Silva or Parker would have got us promoted

Best manager in the league.

If all managers were released from their contracts today, there would be more demand for Cooper than any other in the league.

I have no doubt.

Cooper on 12:03 - May 4 with 1053 viewsBadlands

He already is a bottler and he inherited a squad good enough for automatic promotion and even in his second season had a squad good enough to go up.
Let a winning advantage to in the playoffs and then managed to put out a side that gave one of the most embarrassing performances I have ever witnessed from Swansea … not a single attempt on target in a play off final!
But wtf does it matter to Swans supporters that an ex manager (who tried to stiff us for compo) should overturn his unwanted reputaion.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper on 12:06 - May 4 with 1037 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper on 12:03 - May 4 by Badlands

He already is a bottler and he inherited a squad good enough for automatic promotion and even in his second season had a squad good enough to go up.
Let a winning advantage to in the playoffs and then managed to put out a side that gave one of the most embarrassing performances I have ever witnessed from Swansea … not a single attempt on target in a play off final!
But wtf does it matter to Swans supporters that an ex manager (who tried to stiff us for compo) should overturn his unwanted reputaion.

Not at all, I was stunned we made the play offs with what we had.

Potter tried with an even better team and even more money to spend and came 10th. I think we were 12th favorites the season after and came 6th and 8th favorites the season after and came 4th.

Remarkable over performance each year, and he has continued that at Forest.

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on 12:20 - May 4 with 1030 viewsvetchonian

Cooper on 12:03 - May 4 by Badlands

I love the revisionship on here

In our first attempt at the play offs we had a slim one goal advantage....I seem to remember Cooper being slated for sending so many players up early doors for what I think was a corner for us from which Brentfors broke away to score and equalise.

This squad you say was good enpoough for automatic had to be reinfirced with loanees from memory? so how come it was good enough for automatic?

But as you say what does it matter now.....Our current manager has got away with "murder" in reality folks aremore than happy to give him excuses for our poor results this season.....amazing really.

People cannot accept that Brentford were a better side their second goal came from a breakaway when we had 8 personnel in or around their box..trying to get a goal...Ayew came close with a header stats eh.....yet we had over twice as much possession on saturday than the side now managed by this manager you are slating yet they managed over twice as many attemoted shots and over 3 times shots on target!

Cooper on 12:20 - May 4 with 1029 viewsSTID2017

I have to bookmark this, in case it disappears in his editing.
Most incredible quote from DR P yet:
"Best manager in the league.

If all managers were released from their contracts today, there would be more demand for Cooper than any other in the league.

I have no doubt"
4/5/2022
Most ridiculous post of the year
Really ?
Before Silva and Parker, without even looking at other managers ?

Cooper on 12:24 - May 4 with 1017 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper on 12:20 - May 4 by STID2017

I have no doubt"
4/5/2022
Really ?

Absolutely yes, without any question what so ever. I always stand by my comments unlike some, we both know my remarkable track record for being spot on too

There is calls for him to win the LMA manager of the year of course, which takes into consideration all the leagues. Would be a fantastic accolade.

Cooper on 12:24 - May 4 with 1014 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper on 12:20 - May 4 by vetchonian

I love the revisionship on here

In our first attempt at the play offs we had a slim one goal advantage....I seem to remember Cooper being slated for sending so many players up early doors for what I think was a corner for us from which Brentfors broke away to score and equalise.

This squad you say was good enpoough for automatic had to be reinfirced with loanees from memory? so how come it was good enough for automatic?

But as you say what does it matter now.....Our current manager has got away with "murder" in reality folks aremore than happy to give him excuses for our poor results this season.....amazing really.

People cannot accept that Brentford were a better side their second goal came from a breakaway when we had 8 personnel in or around their box..trying to get a goal...Ayew came close with a header stats eh.....yet we had over twice as much possession on saturday than the side now managed by this manager you are slating yet they managed over twice as many attemoted shots and over 3 times shots on target!

Word perfect

Cooper on 12:26 - May 4 with 1012 viewsonehunglow

We need to move on folks.
Cooper failed to get us up
Our current coach too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper on 12:28 - May 4 with 1002 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper on 12:26 - May 4 by onehunglow

We need to move on folks.
Cooper failed to get us up
Our current coach too.

Don't think you can fail at something that you aren't expected to do.

Would be silly to suggest Laudrup failed to win the Premier League for example.

But yes, the obsession and reaction to his obvious success really is affecting people adversely.

Cooper on 12:37 - May 4 with 996 viewsvetchonian

Cooper on 12:28 - May 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Don't think you can fail at something that you aren't expected to do.

Would be silly to suggest Laudrup failed to win the Premier League for example.

But yes, the obsession and reaction to his obvious success really is affecting people adversely.

the issue is Cooper has gone on to prove certain people wrong.

"no good without Ayew" , "can only work with hus U17 loaness",

"Fraud" all quotes.....yet this season he has taken a side from 24th in the league to 3rd in the league ....he had no preseason or input into players until the January window.
This same side finished 17th in the league the seaon previously.

So he has managed to get success at another club....if taking a side which finished 17th the previous season and was languishing in 24th on arrival is not a success then what can you call inheriting a side who finished 4th the previous season adding £5.5M worth of players plus a couple of elite loans and freebies....and finish 15th?

Continued criticism of Cooper deflects from the failngs of our current manager...maybe we should divert focus form Cooper to Martin?
[Post edited 4 May 2022 12:39]

Cooper on 12:41 - May 4 with 970 viewsonehunglow

Cooper on 12:37 - May 4 by vetchonian

"Fraud" all quotes.....yet this season he has taken a side from 24th in the league to 3rd in the league ....he had no preseason or input into players until the January window.

So he has managed to get success at another club....if taking a side which finished 17th the previous season and was languishing in 24th on arrival is not a success then what can you call inheriting a side who finished 4th the previous season adding £5.5M worth of players plus a couple of elite loans and freebies....and finish 15th?

Continued criticism of Cooper deflects from the failngs of our current manager...maybe we should divert focus form Cooper to Martin?

We ve disagreed over Cooper but Id have him back in a flash although he really is super ugly and his effigy would empty most flighted birds from a field but having a right haired parted ,neatly trimmed bearded chap from the footballing hotbed of Brighton isn't much of an upgrade.

We have gone nowhere this season but backward .

Cooper on 12:46 - May 4 with 970 viewspencoedjack

I have no doubt"
4/5/2022
Really ?

Seems to have hooked those I thought it would.

AndyCole will be along to tell us all Cooper is the next Pep shortly 👍
Cooper on 12:49 - May 4 with 959 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper on 12:37 - May 4 by vetchonian

I would say that is accurate.

Cooper was expected to be used as the shield this season in case things didn't go well. The comments when he took them over were obvious ''now we will see if he's any good etc''.

So it has been the perfect storm for people to have meltdowns over him really. Him going on to smash the league to bits and us doing absolutely nothing.

Cooper on 12:50 - May 4 with 956 viewsonehunglow

Cooper on 12:46 - May 4 by pencoedjack

There again,probably not.

Cooper on 12:55 - May 4 with 944 viewsvetchonian

Cooper on 11:58 - May 4 by STID2017

Both Silva and Parker are at clubs bouyed by parchute money the acid test would come to see how either of those would have done if thier postions had been swopped with Cooper?

Whiilst Forest lost to Bournemouth last a key game and to Luton as you state what might have been the case has Cooper been there from the seasons start?

Parker got Fulham promoted but with virtually their squad retained from their releagtion form the PL with addition of Mitrovic ....they plyaed the mighty Cardiff in the play offs and beat Brentford in the final

2019—21: Premier League promotion and relegation
After speculation arose over who would replace Ranieri on a permanent basis following relegation, chairman Shahid Khan appointed Parker as manager permanently on a two-year contract.[80] Parker was able to retain the majority of his players, despite relegation, with star striker Aleksandar Mitrović signing a new contract during the summer.[81] During his first season in charge, the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in all English sport being suspended from March until June 2020; Fulham ultimately finished the season in fourth place, missing out on automatic promotion by two points, thus qualifying to the promotion play-offs. After defeating Cardiff City over two legs in the semi-finals, they beat Brentford in the play-off final to achieve promotion back to the Premier League at the first time of asking.[82]

Fulham's return to the Premier League however did not begin smoothly: they lost their first four games and failed to win until November, when they beat relegation rivals West Bromwich Albion 2—0 at Craven Cottage.[83] Towards the end of the 2020—21 season, Parker reportedly became a surprise contender for the Tottenham Hotspur managerial vacancy, after José Mourinho was dismissed, but he remained at the club.[84] Parker's side were relegated to the Championship once again in May 2021 after suffering defeat to Burnley, who were above them in the Premier League table.[85] Following relegation, Parker said that Fulham must try to break the cycle of relegation and promotion and establish themselves in the top flight.[86] On 28 June 2021, the club announced that Parker had left by mutual consent.[87]

Parker failed to keep Fulham up and thisa season has gone to another relgated PL club who thanks to parachutes etc have managed to keep a squad that was in the PL

Cooper on 13:40 - May 4 with 904 viewsvetchonian

Cooper on 12:46 - May 4 by pencoedjack

hhok line and sinker!

Cooper on 14:30 - May 4 with 864 viewsnantywatcher

I have no doubt"
4/5/2022
Really ?

Dr P is spot on.
Cooper is the best and most coveted manager in the Championship.
However, Martin is the most charming manager in the Championship.
I know who I'd rather have.
Cooper on 15:29 - May 4 with 830 viewsSTID2017

Cooper on 14:30 - May 4 by nantywatcher

Dr P is spot on.

Really ?
So if you are having to appoint a new manager, would you appoint amanager who has won promotion twice ( Parker , a manager who has won promotion and has EPL experience ( Silva ) or one who has yet to actually win anything at a senior level.
He has finished third ( very creditable) but it counts for nothing unless they get through the trauma of the play offs.
I know there are you and others who rate Cooper as a great manager, but if he was so coveted, how come he didn't go to Fulham or Palace ?
He could have resigned straight after the play offs and been a free agent, and if the other clubs would have paid the reputed £3 million compensation to Swans could have joined them ?
Presumably he wasnt coveted enough then as he isn't now.
A good manager but not a great manager

Cooper on 16:00 - May 4 with 806 viewsDr_Parnassus

Cooper on 14:30 - May 4 by nantywatcher

Dr P is spot on.

It’s not even in question really is it.

Let’s say someone like Newcastle sack their manager tomorrow and as a rule they can pick any manager in the league below for free.

They are picking Cooper.

Cooper on 16:20 - May 4 with 788 viewsswan65split

Cooper on 11:44 - May 4 by vetchonian

In my opinion, the players lost it, once we hit the penalty saga, things went pear shaped, we were doing ok till then, even though we equalised , I think any discipline we had vanished.

I still think we need a strong experienced mouthpiece captain in there.

at one point my stream froze at a corner when Manning was being manhandled out of the way, and he was appealing to the ref , who was looking straight at the offence, as usual the ref ignored him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024