Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exocet missiles 11:54 - May 4 with 1423 viewsbritferry

Its un-confirmed by the French but its being rumoured that these missiles had a dis-arm function, so they could never be used against the French.

Most of the 255 troops we lost on the Falklands, including those Welsh guards, were killed by these things.

Typical France if its true

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Exocet missiles on 12:15 - May 4 with 1392 viewstheloneranger

They should also be asking about a group of French technicians in Argentina, who fine-tuned and repaired the five air-launched Exocet missiles the Argentinians had already purchased from France.

The Sir Galahad wasn't hit by an Exocet missile.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Exocet missiles on 13:08 - May 4 with 1359 viewsbritferry

Exocet missiles on 12:15 - May 4 by theloneranger

They should also be asking about a group of French technicians in Argentina, who fine-tuned and repaired the five air-launched Exocet missiles the Argentinians had already purchased from France.

The Sir Galahad wasn't hit by an Exocet missile.

I stand corrected, it was a bomb that hit the Welsh guards ship

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Exocet missiles on 13:47 - May 4 with 1335 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Just as well we are not still in the EU with an EU army run by the French.

You would think the French might support their allies who were in the EU at the time as well as a Nato partner who helped liberate them from Germany

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Exocet missiles on 14:34 - May 4 with 1307 viewsDr_Winston

I do have a certain grudging admiration for the French. When it comes to their own interests they've generally done whatever they wanted regardless of what anyone thinks of them.

That being said, I find it hard to believe that the 20th Century wouldn't have been a lot more pleasant if we'd joined forces with our natural allies the Germans in 1914 and carved France up between us.

No German defeat in 1918 means no Treaty of Versailles and quite probably no rise of Nazism. Russia would probably never had a revolution, and even if they did the Whites would have had much stronger allies so the Bolsheviks would probably have been defeated.

A 20th Century with no Nazi Germany and no Soviet Union. Be interesting to see how that would have played out. Of course by now France would have regained its independence, but the balance of power in Europe would be much different.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Exocet missiles on 14:57 - May 4 with 1288 viewsLohengrin

Exocet missiles on 14:34 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

I do have a certain grudging admiration for the French. When it comes to their own interests they've generally done whatever they wanted regardless of what anyone thinks of them.

That being said, I find it hard to believe that the 20th Century wouldn't have been a lot more pleasant if we'd joined forces with our natural allies the Germans in 1914 and carved France up between us.

No German defeat in 1918 means no Treaty of Versailles and quite probably no rise of Nazism. Russia would probably never had a revolution, and even if they did the Whites would have had much stronger allies so the Bolsheviks would probably have been defeated.

A 20th Century with no Nazi Germany and no Soviet Union. Be interesting to see how that would have played out. Of course by now France would have regained its independence, but the balance of power in Europe would be much different.

Sounds good to me, though I don’t imagine the Kaiser had any designs on disputed territory outside of Alsace-Lorraine. 1914 could well have played out very much along the lines of 1870 in the West had Berlin committed to abandoning any expansion plans for their Imperial Fleet. In those circumstances Britain would have been a bystander to continental upheaval.

Hard to say what would have been the outcome in the East? Certainly the Germans wouldn’t have transported Lenin and his retinue to the Finland Station. The powder keg may have remained, but without the spark?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Exocet missiles on 15:07 - May 4 with 1273 viewsDr_Winston

Exocet missiles on 14:57 - May 4 by Lohengrin

Sounds good to me, though I don’t imagine the Kaiser had any designs on disputed territory outside of Alsace-Lorraine. 1914 could well have played out very much along the lines of 1870 in the West had Berlin committed to abandoning any expansion plans for their Imperial Fleet. In those circumstances Britain would have been a bystander to continental upheaval.

Hard to say what would have been the outcome in the East? Certainly the Germans wouldn’t have transported Lenin and his retinue to the Finland Station. The powder keg may have remained, but without the spark?

The Far East situation is also intriguing. A lot of the causes of the Pacific War would not have been assuaged by a changed scenario in the West.

Japan would still have had Imperial ambitions. Maybe the focus for Communism would have landed upon China instead. A cold war where the Iron Curtain worked its way around the Pacific rather than Eastern Europe. Perhaps we would still have had a big conflict, but one of more limited geographical scope.

Maybe the UK would have found itself being involved in more Colonial wars, being stronger for not having fought WW2 rather than skint, exhausted and eventually almost being glad to see the Empire go.

I love this alternate history stuff.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 17:46]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Exocet missiles on 16:38 - May 4 with 1224 viewspikeypaul

French, vile nation.

We should have let the Nazis deal with then before 🇬🇧 won the war.

Thank god we are out of the EU

No doubt we will have the British hating Remoaners on here try defend the French, makes me think why like some the anti British immigrants on this forum, why they are still here scrounging and begging a living of us.

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
[Post edited 4 May 2022 18:26]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Exocet missiles on 16:45 - May 4 with 1209 viewstrampie

Exocet missiles on 16:38 - May 4 by pikeypaul

French, vile nation.

We should have let the Nazis deal with then before 🇬🇧 won the war.

Thank god we are out of the EU

No doubt we will have the British hating Remoaners on here try defend the French, makes me think why like some the anti British immigrants on this forum, why they are still here scrounging and begging a living of us.

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
[Post edited 4 May 2022 18:26]

They let us down when we said to them join us in giving the Germanic tribes a kicking as you are always having troubles with them same as us, they came over we invaded England or the occupied territories depending on what you want to call it but the English would not fight and the French went home, we stayed there for weeks, singing 'boring boring England ' and 'your supposed to be at home' but although we were an invading army 60 miles into England the English choose to not fight realising we did not have the numbers to recolonize.
French have still got our 'call to arms' letter in one of their museums and won't give it back.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Exocet missiles on 17:34 - May 4 with 1184 viewsProfessor

It's a patent bit of DM nonsense. The Exocet is not controlled remotely. The 'codes' are to match the missile to the plane (in this case the Super Etendard) and these were withheld to prevent use of more than a handful of missiles. Furthermore as the RN operated the Exocet as a ship-to-ship missile off destroyers, then it's tech was already well known. In fact the French supplied specs on the aircraft to easier pick up its signature. I think 6 -7 missiles were launched conventionally -sinking Sheffield with a single hit and two hit the Atlantic Conveyor. Additional (originally ship-based) missiles were launched off land causing to damage to HMS Glamorgan.

The other ships were sunk by conventional bombs from A4 Skyhawks.
Exocet missiles on 19:01 - May 4 with 1129 views73__73

Exocet missiles on 16:45 - May 4 by trampie

They let us down when we said to them join us in giving the Germanic tribes a kicking as you are always having troubles with them same as us, they came over we invaded England or the occupied territories depending on what you want to call it but the English would not fight and the French went home, we stayed there for weeks, singing 'boring boring England ' and 'your supposed to be at home' but although we were an invading army 60 miles into England the English choose to not fight realising we did not have the numbers to recolonize.
French have still got our 'call to arms' letter in one of their museums and won't give it back.

Wtf are you talking about way to much acid

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Exocet missiles on 19:52 - May 4 with 1107 viewstrampie

Exocet missiles on 19:01 - May 4 by 73__73

Wtf are you talking about way to much acid

The Pennal Letter.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Exocet missiles on 20:10 - May 4 with 1092 viewstrampie

I'm reading about the English running away, 'same old England always running' the Welsh was winning battles as far away as Birmingham, but we didn't have the numbers to colonise the land a bit like the Brits winning the majority of battles against the Yanks but not having the numbers to colonise the joint .

Exocet missiles on 21:38 - May 4 with 1049 viewsLorax

Exocet missiles on 15:07 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

The Far East situation is also intriguing. A lot of the causes of the Pacific War would not have been assuaged by a changed scenario in the West.

Japan would still have had Imperial ambitions. Maybe the focus for Communism would have landed upon China instead. A cold war where the Iron Curtain worked its way around the Pacific rather than Eastern Europe. Perhaps we would still have had a big conflict, but one of more limited geographical scope.

Maybe the UK would have found itself being involved in more Colonial wars, being stronger for not having fought WW2 rather than skint, exhausted and eventually almost being glad to see the Empire go.

I love this alternate history stuff.
[Post edited 4 May 2022 17:46]

So many variables, so many possibilities. Change just one thing and the whole of history shifts.

Imagine if the heroes of Telemark had failed, imagine if operation mincemeat had failed or if Japan hadn't attacked the USA and Hitler didn't do Barbarossa.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024