Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. 05:55 - May 26 with 2577 viewsDr_Parnassus

Klopp wins LMA manager of the year (best manager in all 4 divisions) although singled out Steve Cooper for praise in his acceptance speech describing what he has done at Forest as “crazy”.

After picking up midlands manager of the year there was speculation he was in line for the ultimate accolade, however Liverpool’s run to the Champions League Final looks to have secured it for the German.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 17:25 - May 27 with 441 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 18:45 - May 26 by magicdaps10

It's called Trolling.

It's trolling to say that Klopp won LMA manager of the year and singled Cooper out for praise?

In what way?

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 17:38 - May 27 with 425 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 17:25 - May 27 by Dr_Parnassus

It's trolling to say that Klopp won LMA manager of the year and singled Cooper out for praise?

In what way?

He's no longer with us, he is irrelevant to Swansea City as we stand today.

You only bring him up as a stick to beat others, highlight something to have a dig at others.

As I said, I don't care who wins on Sunday and I don't get why people bring him up in both good or bad points.....he has nothing to do with Swansea City, I thank him for his time with us but we move on or certainly should have moved on by now.

I support Swansea City not Steve Cooper!

The continuing of his career by the either the pro or cons at this stage after he is long gone from us is Truely pathetic.

I wish him luck Sunday and good luck with him breaking his play off record for the better.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 18:18 - May 27 with 403 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 17:38 - May 27 by magicdaps10

He's no longer with us, he is irrelevant to Swansea City as we stand today.

You only bring him up as a stick to beat others, highlight something to have a dig at others.

As I said, I don't care who wins on Sunday and I don't get why people bring him up in both good or bad points.....he has nothing to do with Swansea City, I thank him for his time with us but we move on or certainly should have moved on by now.

I support Swansea City not Steve Cooper!

The continuing of his career by the either the pro or cons at this stage after he is long gone from us is Truely pathetic.

I wish him luck Sunday and good luck with him breaking his play off record for the better.

Remember we talked about consistency Daps?

20 days ago:-

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 18:35 - May 27 with 392 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 18:18 - May 27 by Dr_Parnassus

Remember we talked about consistency Daps?

20 days ago:-

Guy has finished the highest place in the entire football league as an English manager, he has achieved something..... Its a massive achievement that is clearly not liked or honoured by others NOT a misguided compliment to someone who has achieved nothing in his career.

I can applaud achievement for actual success. It is irrelevant what Potter does but he has made a fantastic achievement there and not has a sympathetic praise from another manager just because its the eve of a championship play off final.

As I say, good luck to Cooper but ultimately as with Potter it means nothing to me but Potter has achieved something to be honoured with.

That is the consistency right there for you.

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 18:42 - May 27 with 385 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 18:35 - May 27 by magicdaps10

Guy has finished the highest place in the entire football league as an English manager, he has achieved something..... Its a massive achievement that is clearly not liked or honoured by others NOT a misguided compliment to someone who has achieved nothing in his career.

I can applaud achievement for actual success. It is irrelevant what Potter does but he has made a fantastic achievement there and not has a sympathetic praise from another manager just because its the eve of a championship play off final.

As I say, good luck to Cooper but ultimately as with Potter it means nothing to me but Potter has achieved something to be honoured with.

That is the consistency right there for you.

Cooper has more English silverware than Potter.

So let me get this right, you can bring up a former manager and recognise his achievements (questionable whether they are), but if anyone else does then they are trolling?

Cooper has achieved more points per game out of any English manager this season in the top 2 divisions. Only Liverpool and Man City were able to earn more.

Remarkable, although I know you don't like it.

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 18:55 - May 27 with 372 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 18:42 - May 27 by Dr_Parnassus

So let me get this right, you can bring up a former manager and recognise his achievements (questionable whether they are), but if anyone else does then they are trolling?

Cooper has achieved more points per game out of any English manager this season in the top 2 divisions. Only Liverpool and Man City were able to earn more.

Really, you know that I don't like it..... Clearly something like that would get to you too feel that it would get to me, I can assure you that something that trivial is certainly not something that would bother me to such a level or even mildly.

Crack on with the posting P, brings you happiness so whom am I to question you..... If you think you are right then it makes you happy 👍

If we are talking under 15s/youth football for silverware then I bet some posters are more successful than Potter on here with their trophy haul... Great comparisons P, great indeed.

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:00 - May 27 with 365 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 18:55 - May 27 by magicdaps10

Really, you know that I don't like it..... Clearly something like that would get to you too feel that it would get to me, I can assure you that something that trivial is certainly not something that would bother me to such a level or even mildly.

Crack on with the posting P, brings you happiness so whom am I to question you..... If you think you are right then it makes you happy 👍

If we are talking under 15s/youth football for silverware then I bet some posters are more successful than Potter on here with their trophy haul... Great comparisons P, great indeed.

I know for a fact you don't like it, Cooper a better league record and more silverware while being recognized at the LMA awards by Klopp for his ''crazy'' achievements

Dry those tears now Daps.

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:22 - May 27 with 342 viewsmagicdaps10

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:00 - May 27 by Dr_Parnassus

I know for a fact you don't like it, Cooper a better league record and more silverware while being recognized at the LMA awards by Klopp for his ''crazy'' achievements

Dry those tears now Daps.

When I am upset or hurt what I do is continually post, continually state how right I am, continually push others views aside and cement my facts to them... If I get told that I am obsessive and the better person always walks away... I then just tell them that I have to stand up to the bullies and put them right, I am like a forum super hero then.

Between you and me, its just something I say to justify that I can't control my obsession but I think it works and it fools everyone I think.

Don't tell anyone 🤫

PS I like to tell them that I accept their apology when they haven't even apologised AND tell them they are having a meltdown.....now that is really clever I think 👍

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:23 - May 27 with 340 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:22 - May 27 by magicdaps10

When I am upset or hurt what I do is continually post, continually state how right I am, continually push others views aside and cement my facts to them... If I get told that I am obsessive and the better person always walks away... I then just tell them that I have to stand up to the bullies and put them right, I am like a forum super hero then.

Between you and me, its just something I say to justify that I can't control my obsession but I think it works and it fools everyone I think.

Don't tell anyone 🤫

PS I like to tell them that I accept their apology when they haven't even apologised AND tell them they are having a meltdown.....now that is really clever I think 👍

Something tells me you are upset, this is the second meltdown you have had in two days

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:39 - May 27 with 328 viewsSTID2017

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 18:42 - May 27 by Dr_Parnassus

OMG
Now Cooper is in the same class as Pep and Klopp !
You're clearly deluded son.
Have a break for a couple of months
BTW what silverware of note has Cooper won ?
FA Cup ?
League Cup ?
Play Off Final Trophy ( oh no sorry. I forget, he bottled that ) ?
Johnstone's Trophy ( or equivalent) ?
Any senior trophy at all ?
You laud him like he was the greatest manager ever.
Next you'll be saying that given all the supposed restrictions etc he had here, he is better than Tosh
[Post edited 27 May 2022 19:44]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:40 - May 27 with 325 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:39 - May 27 by STID2017

OMG
FA Cup ?
League Cup ?
Next you'll be saying that given all the supposed restrictions etc he had here, he is better than Tosh

Do you have any quotes for that?

Didn't think so (again). As you were.

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:51 - May 27 with 312 viewsSTID2017

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:40 - May 27 by Dr_Parnassus

Do you have any quotes for that?

Didn't think so (again). As you were.

"Cooper has achieved more points per game out of any English manager this season in the top 2 divisions. Only Liverpool and Man City were able to earn more."
Implies you rate him in the top three managers in the top two divisions clearly.
You already think he should be LMA Manager of the Season.
Better than Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte etc.
You are clearly deluded.

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:53 - May 27 with 306 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:51 - May 27 by STID2017

"Cooper has achieved more points per game out of any English manager this season in the top 2 divisions. Only Liverpool and Man City were able to earn more."
Implies you rate him in the top three managers in the top two divisions clearly.
You already think he should be LMA Manager of the Season.
Better than Pep, Klopp, Tuchel, Conte etc.
You are clearly deluded.

You have quoted a fact, not an opinion.

Do you disagree with that fact then?

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:57 - May 27 with 302 viewsSTID2017

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:53 - May 27 by Dr_Parnassus

You have quoted a fact, not an opinion.

Do you disagree with that fact then?

Well it is a fact that Hudds spent - £2 million compared to Cooper's plus spend as previously quoted this season.
Yet you choose to disagree with that fact.
Touch hypocritical aren't you ?

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 20:00 - May 27 with 300 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:57 - May 27 by STID2017

Well it is a fact that Hudds spent - £2 million compared to Cooper's plus spend as previously quoted this season.
Yet you choose to disagree with that fact.
Touch hypocritical aren't you ?

Can you quote where I disagreed?

I questioned the relevance considering you didn't seem to think it was that important when Cooper got there twice with a combined MINUS 40m net spend.

Ironically it was your hypocrisy I was questioning.
[Post edited 27 May 2022 20:00]

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 20:03 - May 27 with 297 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 19:39 - May 27 by STID2017

OMG
FA Cup ?
League Cup ?

Stick with me
Cooper was a blight on our landscape. A gurning failure two seasons running.

As for Russ,well... its the close season and I'm being nice

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 20:04 - May 27 with 296 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 20:03 - May 27 by onehunglow

Stick with me
Cooper was a blight on our landscape. A gurning failure two seasons running.

As for Russ,well... its the close season and I'm being nice

Two fantastic seasons.

After the season we just witnessed, the Cooper era feels like the Man Utd treble winning season.

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 20:13 - May 27 with 294 viewsonehunglow

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 20:04 - May 27 by Dr_Parnassus

Two fantastic seasons.

After the season we just witnessed, the Cooper era feels like the Man Utd treble winning season.

You saw them as fantastic.
That is your perception.
For many they were anything but.
We did win games more than under this present coach .

What with squabbling over former coaches and fans confronting others as regards their lack of support ,what a joke we must be to readers from other clubs.

It shows just how narrow minded and parochial we have.

We can't even agree on the language we speak without there being a bitch fest.

Pathetic

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 20:16 - May 27 with 293 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 20:13 - May 27 by onehunglow

You saw them as fantastic.
That is your perception.
For many they were anything but.
We did win games more than under this present coach .

What with squabbling over former coaches and fans confronting others as regards their lack of support ,what a joke we must be to readers from other clubs.

It shows just how narrow minded and parochial we have.

We can't even agree on the language we speak without there being a bitch fest.

Pathetic

Doesn't matter what they saw it as.

2 play off seasons when we were expected to be around mid table is fantastic. Equaling the record set by Brendan Rodgers is fantastic.

It's not really a matter of perception, its a matter of fact.

Who wishes to recognize that fact is another matter altogether. But the reality doesn't change.

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 21:45 - May 27 with 257 viewsSTID2017

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 20:04 - May 27 by Dr_Parnassus

Two fantastic seasons.

Putting aside the play offs, when were allowed to attend, I saw many games, plus the ones that were televised.
Fantastic, in footballing terms, is not a word I would use to describe many games those two seasons.

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 21:49 - May 27 with 255 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 21:45 - May 27 by STID2017

Putting aside the play offs, when were allowed to attend, I saw many games, plus the ones that were televised.
Fantastic, in footballing terms, is not a word I would use to describe many games those two seasons.

It was dream football compared to what we saw last season of knocking it around our penalty area.

It was embarrassing.

You were saying similar yourself until you wanted to get back onside with your chums.

If Cooper performed for Forest exactly how Martin has for us this season, you would be ripping into him. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 21:52 - May 27 with 255 viewsSTID2017

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 20:16 - May 27 by Dr_Parnassus

Doesn't matter what they saw it as.

2 play off seasons when we were expected to be around mid table is fantastic. Equaling the record set by Brendan Rodgers is fantastic.

It's not really a matter of perception, its a matter of fact.

Who wishes to recognize that fact is another matter altogether. But the reality doesn't change.

Two fantastic seasons suggests 92 mostly great games ( plus play offs and other cup games ).
You may view the end result as "fantastic".
Many of the games it took to get to those points were anything but fantastic.
Ultimately for most clubs, how we play week in week out determines if it was a good season.
I remember the seasons under Hollins and Sousa as being like watching paint drying

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 21:57 - May 27 with 251 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 21:52 - May 27 by STID2017

Two fantastic seasons suggests 92 mostly great games ( plus play offs and other cup games ).
You may view the end result as "fantastic".
Many of the games it took to get to those points were anything but fantastic.
Ultimately for most clubs, how we play week in week out determines if it was a good season.
I remember the seasons under Hollins and Sousa as being like watching paint drying

Coppers defensive game was beautiful to watch, as was Sousas. Reminiscent of old Serie A. I suppose it’s a connoisseur‘s taste.

Football has been dumbed down to a Joey Essex level. “Gotta keep the ball innit”, “pass it 800 times like, proper”.

Not for me. I like results and sound tactics to get the very best out of the resources we have.

I very much dislike vanity projects that sacrifice results for a misunderstood version of “good” football. If I wanted to watch a training exercise I would.

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 21:58 - May 27 with 251 viewsSTID2017

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 21:49 - May 27 by Dr_Parnassus

It was dream football compared to what we saw last season of knocking it around our penalty area.

It was embarrassing.

You were saying similar yourself until you wanted to get back onside with your chums.

If Cooper performed for Forest exactly how Martin has for us this season, you would be ripping into him. Let’s not pretend otherwise.

Martin's team flattered to deceive too often last season.
However, I still enjoyed more games than under Cooper.
Never hid my disappointment with Cooper and therefore to see Forest playing in that style is galling.
He under achieved for us IMHO so cannot understand why Swans fans show him anything more than indifference

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 22:02 - May 27 with 250 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper loses out to Jurgen Klopp for LMA manager of the Year. on 21:58 - May 27 by STID2017

Martin's team flattered to deceive too often last season.
However, I still enjoyed more games than under Cooper.
Never hid my disappointment with Cooper and therefore to see Forest playing in that style is galling.
He under achieved for us IMHO so cannot understand why Swans fans show him anything more than indifference

Underachieved?

He worked miracles. I don’t think there is another manager in the league that would have got that bunch of players into that play offs.

The bookies had us finishing around 10th. Which I felt was a tad ambitious at the time after Potter left us in 10th then losing Dan James and Ollie McBurnie and only being given 500k to replace them with.

To make the playoffs was wonderful, completely unexpected.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024