Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Darling 10:57 - Jun 18 with 6213 viewsraynor94

The other site are saying its a done deal at £1.5 million, make of that what you will.

I hope its true and we don't miss out like we did with O'Reilly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Harry Darling on 11:07 - Jun 18 with 3377 viewsmagicdaps10

Was reading it last night, not sure how reliable that poster is.

Hopefully he has the scoop on it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Harry Darling on 11:07 - Jun 18 with 3377 viewspencoedjack

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/harry-darling-from-mk-dons-to-chelsea-is-it-a-
Harry Darling on 11:10 - Jun 18 with 3366 viewsKeithHaynes

I can’t source anything on this at all. Hopefully whoever is stating this has got the handle on it. But there’s no medical news at all.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Harry Darling on 11:13 - Jun 18 with 3355 viewsraynor94

Harry Darling on 11:07 - Jun 18 by pencoedjack

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/harry-darling-from-mk-dons-to-chelsea-is-it-a-

If he does sign for Chelsea, like the article states he would go out on loan to a Championship team.

I think he would be a great addition

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Harry Darling on 17:13 - Jun 18 with 2878 viewsdna

Seen in Morgan's last night

Probably having chips in Rossi's as I type
Harry Darling on 18:07 - Jun 18 with 2734 viewsDr_Winston

Can't be true. Everyone knows that we're skint, we'll be selling anything that's not bolted down, we'll only offer a packet of Smarties and some buttons etc etc...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Harry Darling on 18:10 - Jun 18 with 2733 viewsguthrieintherain

Harry Darling on 18:07 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Can't be true. Everyone knows that we're skint, we'll be selling anything that's not bolted down, we'll only offer a packet of Smarties and some buttons etc etc...

Reported that he has completed his medical this afternoon.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Harry Darling on 18:31 - Jun 18 with 2638 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Darling signs.

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Darling on 18:36 - Jun 18 with 2617 viewsKeithHaynes

Fair play to the person who got this and was happy to put to put it online.

Harry Darling on 19:07 - Jun 18 with 2529 viewsChief

Harry Darling on 18:07 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Correct me if I'm wrong but I sense sarcasm?

Did you see this coming then? To me it's entirely contrary to the narrative coming out of the club, of people in the know and also the last set of accounts - all of which suggested we (desperately) needed to sell before we buy.

You (again correct me if I'm wrong) also (rightfully in my opinion) praise the owners for keeping within our means.

But now you're some sort of transfer and swans budgetary savant and this signing was predictable and sensible to you?

Or am I way off!?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Harry Darling on 19:21 - Jun 18 with 2472 viewspencoedjack

Harry Darling on 19:07 - Jun 18 by Chief

Did you see this coming then? To me it's entirely contrary to the narrative coming out of the club, of people in the know and also the last set of accounts - all of which suggested we (desperately) needed to sell before we buy.

You (again correct me if I'm wrong) also (rightfully in my opinion) praise the owners for keeping within our means.

But now you're some sort of transfer and swans budgetary savant and this signing was predictable and sensible to you?

Or am I way off!?

The Dr is the best poster on this site imo the only thing he got wrong was his dissing of Fede.
Harry Darling on 19:27 - Jun 18 with 2432 viewsBadlands

£1.5 million for a League 1 CB!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Harry Darling on 19:34 - Jun 18 with 2402 viewsChief

Harry Darling on 19:21 - Jun 18 by pencoedjack

The Dr is the best poster on this site imo the only thing he got wrong was his dissing of Fede.

Bessone was underrated in my opinion.

Harry Darling on 19:42 - Jun 18 with 2359 viewsDr_Winston

Harry Darling on 19:07 - Jun 18 by Chief

Or am I way off!?

You pretty much covered it in the first paragraph.

"the narrative coming out of the club, of people in the know"

Most people know jack sh*t. An unfortunately high percentage of those who post about the Swans online (I won't say support because that'd be pushing it) are also far, far happier slagging everything off and predicting the worst than in, y'know, supporting the club.

We all know the narrative that they've been pushing since the season ended.
We're skint. We'll be selling Piroe for the first decent offer. We won't be bringing anyone in until the end of the window and only then for peanuts. They're not interested in just waiting to see what happens. They have to hope for the worst. It must be truly tiresome living in that headspace.

I don't doubt that we'll still see a sale or two. Basic football economics demands it. I don't think Downes is a likely departure. Personally I suspect we may be more at risk of losing Oba than Piroe, but that's not based on anything but instinct.

Simple fact remains however that contrary to what the moaners would have you believe, we're actually in a pretty good position compared to most. I wouldn't expect many more significant incomings without some departures, but no, this move does not surprise me.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2022 19:43]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Harry Darling on 19:49 - Jun 18 with 2324 viewsChief

Harry Darling on 19:42 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

You pretty much covered it in the first paragraph.

"the narrative coming out of the club, of people in the know"

Most people know jack sh*t. An unfortunately high percentage of those who post about the Swans online (I won't say support because that'd be pushing it) are also far, far happier slagging everything off and predicting the worst than in, y'know, supporting the club.

We all know the narrative that they've been pushing since the season ended.
We're skint. We'll be selling Piroe for the first decent offer. We won't be bringing anyone in until the end of the window and only then for peanuts. They're not interested in just waiting to see what happens. They have to hope for the worst. It must be truly tiresome living in that headspace.

I don't doubt that we'll still see a sale or two. Basic football economics demands it. I don't think Downes is a likely departure. Personally I suspect we may be more at risk of losing Oba than Piroe, but that's not based on anything but instinct.

Simple fact remains however that contrary to what the moaners would have you believe, we're actually in a pretty good position compared to most. I wouldn't expect many more significant incomings without some departures, but no, this move does not surprise me.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2022 19:43]

Well even the manager of this site who evidently has contacts has been saying we need to sell before getting anyone in (we haven't even offloaded the big earners on the outs for free yet).

And the sustainability drive is usually a mantra you fully sign up to, so I'm a just a bit perplexed by your post which seems to suggest that this transfer was 1 fairly predictable despite not selling and 2 that you seem fairly jubilant about it that's all.

Harry Darling on 19:55 - Jun 18 with 2299 viewsDr_Winston

Harry Darling on 19:49 - Jun 18 by Chief

Well even the manager of this site who evidently has contacts has been saying we need to sell before getting anyone in (we haven't even offloaded the big earners on the outs for free yet).

And the sustainability drive is usually a mantra you fully sign up to, so I'm a just a bit perplexed by your post which seems to suggest that this transfer was 1 fairly predictable despite not selling and 2 that you seem fairly jubilant about it that's all.

Keith's not the only one with contacts as I'm sure he'll acknowledge.

I didn't say it was predictable. I said it wasn't surprising. HD has clearly been a prime target for Martin for a long time and there was clearly enough wiggle room in the finances to try and get it done.

I did say that I wouldn't expect much more to happen without a departure or two though.

Harry Darling on 20:03 - Jun 18 with 2257 viewsChief

Harry Darling on 19:55 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Keith's not the only one with contacts as I'm sure he'll acknowledge.

I didn't say it was predictable. I said it wasn't surprising. HD has clearly been a prime target for Martin for a long time and there was clearly enough wiggle room in the finances to try and get it done.

I did say that I wouldn't expect much more to happen without a departure or two though.

No he's not, but I don't recall seeing any of the others suggesting we'd buy this summer before selling. From what I've seen is an unanimous consensus saying this.

So now it has happened, are we now taking the plunge into living beyond our means (even deeper than we already are)?

Or have the owners learnt from the Siggy sale saga etc and decided sometimes it's better not to wait until the cash has cleared in the bank before securing targets?

Harry Darling on 20:15 - Jun 18 with 2196 viewsDr_Winston

Harry Darling on 20:03 - Jun 18 by Chief

No he's not, but I don't recall seeing any of the others suggesting we'd buy this summer before selling. From what I've seen is an unanimous consensus saying this.

So now it has happened, are we now taking the plunge into living beyond our means (even deeper than we already are)?

Or have the owners learnt from the Siggy sale saga etc and decided sometimes it's better not to wait until the cash has cleared in the bank before securing targets?

Personally the question I'd be asking is why there was "unanimous consensus" about something that hasn't happened since 2016.

Even in 2018 when we were still clearing the decks after relegation we were still bringing players in for cash.

Harry Darling on 20:23 - Jun 18 with 2184 viewsChief

Harry Darling on 20:15 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Personally the question I'd be asking is why there was "unanimous consensus" about something that hasn't happened since 2016.

Even in 2018 when we were still clearing the decks after relegation we were still bringing players in for cash.

Probably because of all the noises coming from the club via correspondence, at forums and due to the latest accounts.

Yes I'm not implying we'd stopped buying anyone full stop. But it would usually follow a sale or a large sale a bit further back.

Our last sizeable sale was Rodon? And there's been extended covid breaks since then.

Harry Darling on 21:02 - Jun 18 with 2113 viewsWhiterockin

Signed on official site.
Harry Darling on 21:09 - Jun 18 with 2080 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Harry Darling on 21:02 - Jun 18 by Whiterockin

Signed on official site.

Sounds like a bit of a coup for us. Pleased with this

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Harry Darling on 21:16 - Jun 18 with 2054 viewspencoedjack

Harry Darling on 21:09 - Jun 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Sounds like a bit of a coup for us. Pleased with this

Me too 👍
Harry Darling on 21:19 - Jun 18 with 2037 viewsKeithHaynes

Harry Darling on 20:03 - Jun 18 by Chief

My only thoughts are there’s some form of guarantee of a sale or two ( yet to be announced or in process) or Bennett has actually found a club which gives the swans more confidence in the transfer market. No info either way, we have a few very trusted sources, to be honest the best ones are the relationships we have built up since I took over the site. Agents offer a fantastic insight in to dealings. And yes maybe four or five from a long history of friendship. All of which I can add were taken completely by surprise by todays news.

Whoever the source is or was for that info today they certainly need to be looked after. Especially if at the club. We go to massive lengths every time something comes to light, Cooper, Piroe etc. Anyway regardless a great signing, hopefully Cabango stays now.

Harry Darling on 21:24 - Jun 18 with 1993 viewsguthrieintherain

Harry Darling on 21:19 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

My only thoughts are there’s some form of guarantee of a sale or two ( yet to be announced or in process) or Bennett has actually found a club which gives the swans more confidence in the transfer market. No info either way, we have a few very trusted sources, to be honest the best ones are the relationships we have built up since I took over the site. Agents offer a fantastic insight in to dealings. And yes maybe four or five from a long history of friendship. All of which I can add were taken completely by surprise by todays news.

Whoever the source is or was for that info today they certainly need to be looked after. Especially if at the club. We go to massive lengths every time something comes to light, Cooper, Piroe etc. Anyway regardless a great signing, hopefully Cabango stays now.

We do need to move a couple on hopefully Fulton and Bennett.

But more likely to be one of the strikers or Downes.

But we can't go buying players for 1.5m with a 23m debt and no sales.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Harry Darling on 21:28 - Jun 18 with 1981 viewsFireboy2

Harry Darling on 21:16 - Jun 18 by pencoedjack

Me too 👍

And me and the eldest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024