Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? 23:22 - Jun 22 with 5077 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s only an opinion but seriously why would he leave after one season and being RM’s man ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 19:01 - Jun 25 with 1356 viewsKeithHaynes

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 17:40 - Jun 25 by onehunglow

Very thorough .
I could have written that but didn’t have the time

Speech diagnosis 👍😳

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:42 - Jun 26 with 1239 viewsDr_Winston

Must admit, I find the kind of rose tinted, unquestioning adoration of players and teams gone past, especially the late 70s-early 80's one to be a bit odd.

By any serious measure the achievements of those who played between about 2007-2015 outstrip anything any other generation of Swans players ever managed, yet people can, apparently with a straight face, declare individuals from the earlier teams to be unquestionably better than those that came since. There's not an ounce of logic to it. If anything it should be the other way around.

Players like Britton, De Guzman, Bony etc stand above the likes of James, Curtis, Latchford et al.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 10:30]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 11:32 - Jun 26 with 1185 viewsCatullus

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 19:40 - Jun 24 by KeithHaynes

Best player to ever put on a swans shirt bar none.

Michu? Oh come on, are you saying ther is no competition from Ante, Curt or Robbie or even further back, Medwin, Allchurch then lets not forget Leon and Fabianski.

Lets remember, good as he was for us, it was only a short time. other players have been excellent for us over a much longer time.

Can I see Downes leaving, yes I can if the right offer comes in but I don't think we'd sell at 3 million, 5 or 6 maybe.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 12:36 - Jun 26 with 1150 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:42 - Jun 26 by Dr_Winston

Must admit, I find the kind of rose tinted, unquestioning adoration of players and teams gone past, especially the late 70s-early 80's one to be a bit odd.

By any serious measure the achievements of those who played between about 2007-2015 outstrip anything any other generation of Swans players ever managed, yet people can, apparently with a straight face, declare individuals from the earlier teams to be unquestionably better than those that came since. There's not an ounce of logic to it. If anything it should be the other way around.

Players like Britton, De Guzman, Bony etc stand above the likes of James, Curtis, Latchford et al.

Well,to you they do but not to to others.Now,what was that you were saying about my opinions being sacrosanct.

You weren't around.If you weren't there,you wouldn't know.

You seem to have a mancrush of JdG who will be way down the list of memorable players we have had.

You can add Frankie Scrine,Tom Kiley,Flicka ,Jimmy McLaughlin,Mel Charles,Noel Dwyer ,Vic Gomersall ,Mel Nurse,Barrie Jones,Herbie to the list of players whose names will resonate far longer than your dutch lad.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 12:38]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 14:46 - Jun 26 with 1095 viewsDr_Winston

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 12:36 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Well,to you they do but not to to others.Now,what was that you were saying about my opinions being sacrosanct.

You seem to have a mancrush of JdG who will be way down the list of memorable players we have had.

You can add Frankie Scrine,Tom Kiley,Flicka ,Jimmy McLaughlin,Mel Charles,Noel Dwyer ,Vic Gomersall ,Mel Nurse,Barrie Jones,Herbie to the list of players whose names will resonate far longer than your dutch lad.

Ah yes. There he is again with the "man crush" stuff. You can be very homoerotic with your insults Perchy. Freud would have a field day with you.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 16:57 - Jun 26 with 1041 viewskrunchykarrot

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 12:36 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

I would like to add Brian Evans to the list, a good winger seem never to get mentioned. Also we have had Ian Callaghan Emlyn and Latchford. Michu wouldn't make my top ten best player for the Swans, a good player who did well for us definitely not the best.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 17:06 - Jun 26 with 1032 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 16:57 - Jun 26 by krunchykarrot

I would like to add Brian Evans to the list, a good winger seem never to get mentioned. Also we have had Ian Callaghan Emlyn and Latchford. Michu wouldn't make my top ten best player for the Swans, a good player who did well for us definitely not the best.

I had forgotten Brian .From Brynmawr wasn’t he.

I was talking about stand out club characters really . Latch was not here long enough really .

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:28 - Jun 26 with 992 viewsshingle

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:12 - Jun 24 by onehunglow

Double your money. Where there? Where.

Our lot? Who is that supposed to be,those who see things different from you and win.

Not sure why our lot go to games at all.We should clearly stay well away and from these forums as we know nowt .

Think you have gone and got yourself a little confused about just who you think i meant by our lot never mind it happens.
Login to get fewer ads

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:06 - Jun 27 with 848 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:28 - Jun 26 by shingle

Think you have gone and got yourself a little confused about just who you think i meant by our lot never mind it happens.

It’s a mixed up muddled up shook up world. All right .

I bet you hated Raymond Douglas Davies too.

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:36 - Jun 27 with 816 viewsshingle

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:06 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

Just googled to see who that is, way before my time but i quite like the Kinks.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:40 - Jun 27 with 806 viewsKeithHaynes

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:06 - Jun 27 by onehunglow

A fine singer songwriter who had his McCartney days too.

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:56 - Jun 27 with 772 viewsWhiterockin

X-Ray is an excellent read.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:59 - Jun 27 with 763 viewsCatullus

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 09:42 - Jun 26 by Dr_Winston

Which team finished higher in the English top flight? Was it the team of Curtis, James and Latchford or not?

Is the top flight of English football not a serious measure?

I find this constant dismissal of football before the premier league by so many people totally illogical.

It's hardly rose tinted to say that the players who took us to our highest ever league finish aren't as good as any player since who has failed to match that. Back in those days Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, Aston Villa were all arguably better than they are today.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, I just happen to disagree but it is insulting to dismiss as illogical anybody who was there and saw all these players. It's an opinion, some will agree with you, some won't.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 19:59 - Jun 27 with 716 viewskrunchykarrot

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:59 - Jun 27 by Catullus

Which team finished higher in the English top flight? Was it the team of Curtis, James and Latchford or not?

I find this constant dismissal of football before the premier league by so many people totally illogical.

It's hardly rose tinted to say that the players who took us to our highest ever league finish aren't as good as any player since who has failed to match that. Back in those days Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, Aston Villa were all arguably better than they are today.

You are obviously entitled to your opinion, I just happen to disagree but it is insulting to dismiss as illogical anybody who was there and saw all these players. It's an opinion, some will agree with you, some won't.

You cannot compare like for like or era v era. All i can say is that the players we had such as Josh Mahoney Tommy Craig Ray Kennedy and both the Leightons etc were Internationals with pedigrees. So i agree completely Cat anybody alive today would pick more players pre prem.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 19:59 - Jun 27 with 716 viewsjasper_T

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 18:59 - Jun 27 by Catullus

"The top flight of English football" has changed a lot. It used to be just a British league, now 50% of its players come from overseas. Every club in the PL has the financial muscle to recruit the best from a worldwide market.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 20:11 - Jun 27 with 693 viewsDr_Winston

Which team stayed there for more than two seasons? Which team won the first major silverware in the clubs history?

One good season and then relegation in the following doesn't come close to matching seven seasons and silverware. It's nothing to do with past Vs present. It's simple achievement.

Nobody's saying that you can't still revere those who went before, but ranking players who spent most of their careers with us in the lower leagues ahead of even the likes of Dyer and Routledge is crazy.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 21:05]

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 20:13 - Jun 27 with 689 viewsonehunglow

It’s also the case many lauded players of the modern era would have been binned by Tosh.

Our rise late 70s still resonates . If yiu weren’t around,you don’t know

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 20:33 - Jun 27 with 646 viewsraynor94

No comparison, Brendan's and Laudrup's teams were superior.

And I have to disagree that Arsenal were better under Terry Neil.

I thoroughly enjoyed that first season, and that was that we went into freefall, not like our second coming

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 20:40 - Jun 27 with 627 viewsonehunglow

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 20:33 - Jun 27 by raynor94

I thoroughly enjoyed that first season, and that was that we went into freefall, not like our second coming

I’m in total agreement with you.

It’s why I get so irritated with some of our players made out to be great when they were not eve n close .

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 07:21 - Jun 28 with 546 viewspencoedjack

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 20:33 - Jun 27 by raynor94

I agree.

Brendan for getting us there, Laudrup for the best football I have ever seen the Swans play, winning a major trophy & taking us on a European tour.
Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 07:47 - Jun 28 with 532 viewsguthrieintherain

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 07:21 - Jun 28 by pencoedjack

I agree.

Brendan for getting us there, Laudrup for the best football I have ever seen the Swans play, winning a major trophy & taking us on a European tour.

We went on a European tour with Tosh as well.
Scored 17 agsinst Sliema Wanderers.
Got knocked out by PSG that season.

Maybe the likes of Michu Deguzman and Bony were better than Curtis Leighton James Jeremy Charles and Robbie.

But they didn't come through the divisions with us all them players were proper Swansea legends for me and didn't just pass through for a bucket load of cash.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 07:52 - Jun 28 with 525 viewsjojaca

You can rule out Palace, they are on the verge of signing Lens defensive midfielder.

Even when you know, you never know?

Flynn Downes : Can anyone seriously see him leaving ? on 10:14 - Jun 28 with 484 viewsonehunglow

Winstone and Shingle .
Tighter duo than Don and Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024