Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham in for Downes? 15:29 - Jul 6 with 7545 viewsWhiterockin

https://theathletic.com/news/west-ham-swansea-city-flynn-downes-transfer/uV2X0sn

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

West Ham in for Downes? on 15:53 - Jul 6 with 3634 viewsWhiterockin

Good to see Wales online are monitoring this board.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer

West Ham in for Downes? on 16:01 - Jul 6 with 3591 viewsBrynmill_Jack

West Ham in for Downes? on 15:53 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

Good to see Wales online are monitoring this board.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-transfer

I don't want to lose him - he's been superb for us but if his head has been turned then there's no going back. I hope a bidding war can be sparked to take us up to 14 million.

I hope this means we keep Piroe now.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

West Ham in for Downes? on 16:07 - Jul 6 with 3557 viewsWhiterockin

West Ham in for Downes? on 16:01 - Jul 6 by Brynmill_Jack

I don't want to lose him - he's been superb for us but if his head has been turned then there's no going back. I hope a bidding war can be sparked to take us up to 14 million.

I hope this means we keep Piroe now.

I hope that anything over £10M will put us in a strong position to turn down any Piroe bid unless its extortionate.

West Ham in for Downes? on 16:15 - Jul 6 with 3527 viewsBrynmill_Jack

West Ham in for Downes? on 16:07 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

I hope that anything over £10M will put us in a strong position to turn down any Piroe bid unless its extortionate.

Such a pity they didn't offer £10 million for the senior and much lauded Matt Grimes.............

We could have kept the both of them then and enjoyed our football next season to boot!

West Ham in for Downes? on 17:41 - Jul 6 with 3367 viewsDr_Winston

West Ham in for Downes? on 16:15 - Jul 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Such a pity they didn't offer £10 million for the senior and much lauded Matt Grimes.............

We could have kept the both of them then and enjoyed our football next season to boot!

Grimes = Multiple seasons in the Championship. Nobody interested. Not even for free.

Downes = One season in the Championship. Premier League clubs battling to fork out £10m+ for him.

A fairly stark comparison that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

West Ham in for Downes? on 17:56 - Jul 6 with 3339 viewsguthrieintherain

West Ham in for Downes? on 17:41 - Jul 6 by Dr_Winston

Grimes = Multiple seasons in the Championship. Nobody interested. Not even for free.

Downes = One season in the Championship. Premier League clubs battling to fork out £10m+ for him.

A fairly stark comparison that.

Can't be right a few on here said Grimes carried him last season.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

West Ham in for Downes? on 18:02 - Jul 6 with 3327 viewsThrasher6

The only good thing is a bidding war really. Push the price up because we seem to be losing him.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

West Ham in for Downes? on 18:04 - Jul 6 with 3315 viewsjojaca

West Ham in for Downes? on 17:56 - Jul 6 by guthrieintherain

Grimes is our most overrated footballer in last 20 years. Guy is stealing living at this level.

Even when you know, you never know?

Login to get fewer ads

West Ham in for Downes? on 18:16 - Jul 6 with 3270 viewsReslovenSwan1

Selling Downes for £10m is the ideal scenario for Martin and Winter. Allen waiting in the wings and one or two others.

They can put down £1m for Piroe's pay rise, He may claim not to be interested but £1m is £1m and khe can spend it now. No doubt his girlfriend has some ideas.

Wise sage since Toshack era

West Ham in for Downes? on 18:30 - Jul 6 with 3246 viewsjojaca

West Ham in for Downes? on 18:16 - Jul 6 by ReslovenSwan1

Selling Downes for £10m is the ideal scenario for Martin and Winter. Allen waiting in the wings and one or two others.

They can put down £1m for Piroe's pay rise, He may claim not to be interested but £1m is £1m and khe can spend it now. No doubt his girlfriend has some ideas.

Why give Piroe pay rise, when he has two years left. What if he flops next season.

West Ham in for Downes? on 18:56 - Jul 6 with 3191 viewsTreforys_Jack

West Ham in for Downes? on 17:56 - Jul 6 by guthrieintherain

Nah, only 1.
West Ham in for Downes? on 18:59 - Jul 6 with 3186 viewsguthrieintherain

West Ham in for Downes? on 18:30 - Jul 6 by jojaca

Why give Piroe pay rise, when he has two years left. What if he flops next season.

Simples we are not wealthy enough to let players of his value enter the last year of his contract.
Either he extends his contract or we sell for a reduced fee in January at the latest.
Personally if we get between 12 and 15m I would sell.

No guarantee he will be as effective next season and we could bring in maybe 4 quality players and keep the debt in check.

That's what Norwich have done for years and it's served them well.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 19:06]

West Ham in for Downes? on 20:58 - Jul 6 with 3028 viewsbuilthjack

Downes family are West Ham fans. £12m should do the trick.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 20:58]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

West Ham in for Downes? on 21:18 - Jul 6 with 2963 viewsWhiterockin

West Ham in for Downes? on 20:58 - Jul 6 by builthjack

Downes family are West Ham fans. £12m should do the trick.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 20:58]

Agreed but take off the add ons, the Ipswich percentage and agents fees we will probably get just over £7M to start and that's providing its all paid up and not in instalments. Not as much as the headline amount and this needs to be appreciated.

West Ham in for Downes? on 21:38 - Jul 6 with 2913 viewsJohnw102

If he is going would rather he went to WHU than Palace. Horrible club and fans.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

West Ham in for Downes? on 21:40 - Jul 6 with 2907 viewsThrasher6

West Ham in for Downes? on 21:18 - Jul 6 by Whiterockin

Agreed but take off the add ons, the Ipswich percentage and agents fees we will probably get just over £7M to start and that's providing its all paid up and not in instalments. Not as much as the headline amount and this needs to be appreciated.

Good work...sensible post..

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

West Ham in for Downes? on 21:42 - Jul 6 with 2896 viewsjasper_T

£2.5m a year for 3 years. Don't spend it all in one place.
West Ham in for Downes? on 21:46 - Jul 6 with 2883 viewsguthrieintherain

West Ham in for Downes? on 21:42 - Jul 6 by jasper_T

So will need to sell Piroe as well then?

West Ham in for Downes? on 21:46 - Jul 6 with 2883 viewsWhiterockin

West Ham in for Downes? on 21:42 - Jul 6 by jasper_T

Exactly. Don't expect to go shopping but it could balance the books.

West Ham in for Downes? on 22:13 - Jul 6 with 2814 viewsKeithHaynes

Depends on the arrangement for the agent. Swansea have been very clever with some deals, clauses like the agent gets their money from the signing on fee and the salary offered by the buying club.

But these things are rarely disclosed until end of year disclosures are made and then it’s just ‘agents fees’ it’s a web of stuff.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

West Ham in for Downes? on 22:32 - Jul 6 with 2744 viewsBrynmill_Jack

West Ham in for Downes? on 18:30 - Jul 6 by jojaca

I’d be astonished if that were the case. Just watching his goals reel for last season tells me he’s no one off. If he stays the whole season and doesn’t get injured he’ll hit over 20 again , possibly 30.

It never ceases to amaze me how some can’t see that he’s no ordinary goal scorer - hopefully with Allen and the new winger we can give him quicker ball through the middle and some tasty crosses to get his head to.

Can’t wait to see him play again.

West Ham in for Downes? on 22:47 - Jul 6 with 2691 viewsWhiterockin

West Ham in for Downes? on 22:13 - Jul 6 by KeithHaynes

Depends on the arrangement for the agent. Swansea have been very clever with some deals, clauses like the agent gets their money from the signing on fee and the salary offered by the buying club.

But these things are rarely disclosed until end of year disclosures are made and then it’s just ‘agents fees’ it’s a web of stuff.

True but going by Jasper's figures if true. £9M plus add ons less the Ipswich cut is just over £7M. I guess we will just have to wait and see. My point is we may not be having a £12M payment.

West Ham in for Downes? on 00:51 - Jul 7 with 2544 viewsSTID2017

West Ham in for Downes? on 22:32 - Jul 6 by Brynmill_Jack

I’d be astonished if that were the case. Just watching his goals reel for last season tells me he’s no one off. If he stays the whole season and doesn’t get injured he’ll hit over 20 again , possibly 30.

It never ceases to amaze me how some can’t see that he’s no ordinary goal scorer - hopefully with Allen and the new winger we can give him quicker ball through the middle and some tasty crosses to get his head to.

... Is the correct answer.
Far more class than McBurnie who went for £20 million.
I too think he will bang in more goals this season

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

West Ham in for Downes? on 07:11 - Jul 7 with 2443 viewsDr_Winston

The encouraging part if Piroe stays is that Obafemi playing ahead of him on the pitch didn't really curtail the goalscoring. If anything it actually made Piroe a better player all round.

IF (and it remains a very big if. I still expect one of them to be off) we keep them both together then there's no reason why, injuries permitting, they can't get 50 goals between them next season.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

West Ham in for Downes? on 07:25 - Jul 7 with 2430 viewsjojaca

West Ham in for Downes? on 22:32 - Jul 6 by Brynmill_Jack

I expect him to hit 20 goals + next season if he is with us and fit. But you do see a lot of players that can't reproduce their first season, that's why we get the term one season wonder.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024