Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans 22:04 - Aug 3 with 3965 viewsKeithHaynes

What is your experience ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 12:53 - Aug 4 with 1078 viewsonehunglow

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 12:13 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

Lanelli is generally swans, no blue. Don’t confuse their love of Scarlets and disdain for Ospreys as dislike for the Swans.

Most of Wales is Swans in my experience. North of Aberystwyth is a bit patchy but I don’t think they really do any sport up there. Cardiff is Cardiff and a bit of Port Toilet only.

Going off at a tangent, Wirral has Swans fans too even though Prof left

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 13:00 - Aug 4 with 1078 viewsAguycalledJack

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 08:44 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

In those days,Llanelli people would never support anything "jack".

#The Glen

Depending how far back you are going. 1990/91 there was plenty from Llanelli. Die hards as well who would travel away often.

There was always a Cardiff contingent down there though, not so much now.
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 13:02 - Aug 4 with 1054 viewsonehunglow

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 13:00 - Aug 4 by AguycalledJack

Depending how far back you are going. 1990/91 there was plenty from Llanelli. Die hards as well who would travel away often.

There was always a Cardiff contingent down there though, not so much now.

They call themselves Jacks to their fellow Llanelli denizens?

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 13:06 - Aug 4 with 1063 viewsThrasher6

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 12:13 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

Lanelli is generally swans, no blue. Don’t confuse their love of Scarlets and disdain for Ospreys as dislike for the Swans.

Most of Wales is Swans in my experience. North of Aberystwyth is a bit patchy but I don’t think they really do any sport up there. Cardiff is Cardiff and a bit of Port Toilet only.

Llanelli was always White. Been on many away trips with the Swans from there....always late so a few of them could sign themselves off in the morning from the local cop shop. Bunch of nutters...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 13:54 - Aug 4 with 1004 viewsItchySphincter

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 12:53 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

Going off at a tangent, Wirral has Swans fans too even though Prof left

I was in Zante earlier in the summer, my boys were obviously in swans clobber knocking about the place, and we met a family from Newcastle currently living in Crawley whose eldest son was about 12 years old and a massive Swans fan. We picked him up I’m the PL and we’ve kept him ever since.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 15:15 - Aug 4 with 957 viewsFireboy2

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 13:54 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

I was in Zante earlier in the summer, my boys were obviously in swans clobber knocking about the place, and we met a family from Newcastle currently living in Crawley whose eldest son was about 12 years old and a massive Swans fan. We picked him up I’m the PL and we’ve kept him ever since.

Met a bloke and his boy from the east end of lunnon iin a pub after the notorious fulham game when stid got lost.
The bloke is a massive hammers fan but this boy wanted to support the swans, met them at the Hull away game last season, hoping to get them down to a home game this season.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 15:16]
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 17:28 - Aug 4 with 887 viewsonehunglow

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 13:54 - Aug 4 by ItchySphincter

Get up to Newcastle itchy.
Great people
Fabulous beaches

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 17:29 - Aug 4 with 895 viewsbennytheblue

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 09:23 - Aug 4 by Togg

There was a time 70s and 80s maybe part of the 90's when our friends in the East had a decent support in surrounding towns of Swansea. This started to change from the success of Toshack and onwards. The reconquest of these areas is now complete. Bar for the odd pensioner. Also many Swansea people have emigrated to Neath Llanelli etc and have now purified the blood and rid the area of such evil!
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 10:00]

Lol….you sound like the first order on Star Wars trying to rid the universe of the Jedi…..
Btw…don’t get me started on PT and Neath….it must be bizarre to have so many bluebirds on your doorstep who were BORN there, not moved there like so many jacks in other parts of Wales….but that’s another long winded story I can’t be arsed with. 😍
Login to get fewer ads

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 17:30 - Aug 4 with 893 viewsSTID2017

Neath in spite of what some would try and have us believe, is largely Swans dominated

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 18:59 - Aug 4 with 866 viewsTogg

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 17:30 - Aug 4 by STID2017

Neath in spite of what some would try and have us believe, is largely Swans dominated

Always has been
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 19:24 - Aug 4 with 850 viewsTogg

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 17:29 - Aug 4 by bennytheblue

Lol….you sound like the first order on Star Wars trying to rid the universe of the Jedi…..
Btw…don’t get me started on PT and Neath….it must be bizarre to have so many bluebirds on your doorstep who were BORN there, not moved there like so many jacks in other parts of Wales….but that’s another long winded story I can’t be arsed with. 😍

Yes we are slowly gentrifying your town mate. Spreading the good word. Loads of Jacks now living and working in Kerdiff.
Met loads of non Swansea people in the surrounding area who support the Jacks. I do a bit of work in Merthyr and cant believe the Swansea shirts I've seen . Definitely changed.
PT at one time was split. Goes back to the late 60's when you were going for promotion from the old Division 2 and we were absolute dog poo applying for re-election. Times change and our latter success has brought us new fans from all over Wales.
For a city of 400,000 plus a large populated area surrounding, Norwich bringing nearly 2000 supporters down you had just under 20,000. If that would have been our first game we would have had similar.
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 19:52 - Aug 4 with 819 viewsAguycalledJack

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 13:02 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

They call themselves Jacks to their fellow Llanelli denizens?

What difference does that make. They were and are swans fans, which is what the thread is about.
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 20:11 - Aug 4 with 790 viewsonehunglow

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 19:52 - Aug 4 by AguycalledJack

What difference does that make. They were and are swans fans, which is what the thread is about.

This
Llanelli PEOPLE are NOT Jacks. That term is primarily for Swansea people.

In other parts,Cofis are those from Caernarfon.These are terms within Wales that indicate belonging to a particular town/

Hope it helps.

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 20:13 - Aug 4 with 798 viewsbennytheblue

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 19:24 - Aug 4 by Togg

Yes we are slowly gentrifying your town mate. Spreading the good word. Loads of Jacks now living and working in Kerdiff.
Met loads of non Swansea people in the surrounding area who support the Jacks. I do a bit of work in Merthyr and cant believe the Swansea shirts I've seen . Definitely changed.
PT at one time was split. Goes back to the late 60's when you were going for promotion from the old Division 2 and we were absolute dog poo applying for re-election. Times change and our latter success has brought us new fans from all over Wales.
For a city of 400,000 plus a large populated area surrounding, Norwich bringing nearly 2000 supporters down you had just under 20,000. If that would have been our first game we would have had similar.

We are not well supported by the citizens of cardiff, never really have been. The club have never pushed it, or even attempted to promote itself either. Must be the worst PR ever regarded as a long standing joke by many….I’m sure plenty of jacks live in or around cardiff these days, it’s a far superior city if you want a career.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 20:15]
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 20:15 - Aug 4 with 786 viewsonehunglow

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 20:13 - Aug 4 by bennytheblue

We are not well supported by the citizens of cardiff, never really have been. The club have never pushed it, or even attempted to promote itself either. Must be the worst PR ever regarded as a long standing joke by many….I’m sure plenty of jacks live in or around cardiff these days, it’s a far superior city if you want a career.

Do Cardiff based Swansea fans call themselves Jacks whilst their go about their business in the Capital city

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 20:28 - Aug 4 with 773 viewsKilkennyjack

Ammanford is 100 per cent Jack.

Llanelli has big Swans support and our Wyndham …❤️

GCG - Gareth Edwards very often supports the Swans of course.

Beware of the Risen People

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 20:34 - Aug 4 with 768 viewspencoedjack

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 12:51 - Aug 4 by KeithHaynes

Same down in Pembrokeshire, there’s a guy down there who takes upward of six Wales / Cardiff flags to internationals. He’s obviously a bit strange. Pembrokeshire is massively white but they do have pockets of Cardiff fans, but minimal numbers. When I was younger and that was in the 80’s there were nobe there whatsoever that I ever saw anyway. And I would have as then kids went to gigs / whatever and they were all swans fans. Pembroke, Milford and Haverfordwest.

That has to be Pembroke Alan who post on Anus’s board, obviously has a massive chip on his shoulder.

Hates us with a passion.
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 21:01 - Aug 4 with 752 viewsTogg

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 20:13 - Aug 4 by bennytheblue

An honest reply and I've met far more Cardiff supporters from outside Cardiff than within. I had a mate in the 80's who supported you lot and used to say the same thing.
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 21:03 - Aug 4 with 751 viewsTogg

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 20:28 - Aug 4 by Kilkennyjack

Ammanford is 100 per cent Jack.

Llanelli has big Swans support and our Wyndham …❤️

GCG - Gareth Edwards very often supports the Swans of course.

Ammanford is out and out Jackland . Always has been.
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 21:06 - Aug 4 with 750 viewsTogg

Let's be honest if any Welsh side got to the Prem their support would increase. It's just a pity we imploded!
Hopefully we will return in the not to distance future
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 21:19 - Aug 4 with 719 views73__73

Both Swansea & Cardiff are at best average size clubs, with mediocre support.

There are no doubt more Man Utd, Liverpool etc fans in South Wales than both Swansea and Cardiff put together

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 21:51 - Aug 4 with 692 viewsTogg

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 21:19 - Aug 4 by 73__73

Both Swansea & Cardiff are at best average size clubs, with mediocre support.

There are no doubt more Man Utd, Liverpool etc fans in South Wales than both Swansea and Cardiff put together

Wouldn't disagree but if either has sustained success or a rich benefactor that could change .
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 22:44 - Aug 4 with 668 viewsAguycalledJack

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 20:11 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

This
Llanelli PEOPLE are NOT Jacks. That term is primarily for Swansea people.

In other parts,Cofis are those from Caernarfon.These are terms within Wales that indicate belonging to a particular town/

Hope it helps.

I responded to the op. Areas where swans fans are from.
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 12:42 - Aug 5 with 576 viewsLittleEnglandJack

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 20:34 - Aug 4 by pencoedjack

That has to be Pembroke Alan who post on Anus’s board, obviously has a massive chip on his shoulder.

Hates us with a passion.

Travelling an extra hour down the road to watch inferior football in a half empty stadium will have that effect on people.

Being from Pembroke, I've been trying to work out for years who the bloke is. I only know one Cardiff fan down here and his name certainly isn't Allan. Plenty of swans though, often see kids in Swans tops. Only Cardiff tops you see are people very obviously down on holiday...
Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 23:53 - Aug 5 with 490 viewsbennytheblue

Areas of Wales that follow the Swans on 12:42 - Aug 5 by LittleEnglandJack

Travelling an extra hour down the road to watch inferior football in a half empty stadium will have that effect on people.

Being from Pembroke, I've been trying to work out for years who the bloke is. I only know one Cardiff fan down here and his name certainly isn't Allan. Plenty of swans though, often see kids in Swans tops. Only Cardiff tops you see are people very obviously down on holiday...

I’ve been going to Pembrokeshire for most of my life, lived there for a while around 2003/06. Met plenty of bluebirds around the havens watching games live in Tv. Played in the midweek leagues around hwest too. Still, yet to meet a proper Jack down there, all Liverpool glory hunters, a few said they watched u now and then but maybe as we were doing ok around then and you were in league 1 was it? Maybe little interest? Weird area to be honest, strange folk. If I never went there again I’d die happy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024