Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Renate Sanchez 20:39 - Aug 4 with 1266 viewsraynor94

Signed a long term deal with PSG, lucky he learned his trade with us

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Renate Sanchez on 22:22 - Aug 4 with 1140 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fantastic player.

There were people at the time saying he’s just a hype kid and isn’t above league 2 level. He was a superstar that was in the middle of a major confidence crisis.

He will probably go on to be one of the most successful players in the modern era to ever pull on a Swans jersey, up there with Lampard.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Renate Sanchez on 22:38 - Aug 4 with 1133 viewsBadlands

Renate Sanchez on 22:22 - Aug 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Fantastic player.

There were people at the time saying he’s just a hype kid and isn’t above league 2 level. He was a superstar that was in the middle of a major confidence crisis.

He will probably go on to be one of the most successful players in the modern era to ever pull on a Swans jersey, up there with Lampard.

When big time too soon, left home too early.
Really pleased he’s achieving his early promise.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Renate Sanchez on 23:09 - Aug 4 with 1104 viewsReslovenSwan1

Renate Sanchez on 22:38 - Aug 4 by Badlands

When big time too soon, left home too early.
Really pleased he’s achieving his early promise.

Interesting to see if Woodburn re discovers his form. Being on the bench at Hearts behind McKay tells me it is unlikely.

In the great u19 Wales team of three or four years ago the other forward of promise was Nathan Broadhead who is a slow burner if he makes the big time. He has improved year on year but is now 22 or 23.

Both have the incentive of getting to Qatar along with another fading prospect from that group Tyler Roberts. Mark Harris is in the squad with less talent and Liam Cullen was also in that batch.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Renate Sanchez on 06:22 - Aug 5 with 1041 viewsjackal

Renate Sanchez on 22:22 - Aug 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Fantastic player.

Worst player I've ever seen in a Swan's shirt.

Lampard gave it his best. This bloke was lazy, incompetant and couldn't have cared less. Appalling attitude. He stole every penny he earned here.
Renate Sanchez on 06:28 - Aug 5 with 1031 viewsDr_Parnassus

Renate Sanchez on 06:22 - Aug 5 by jackal

Worst player I've ever seen in a Swan's shirt.

Lampard gave it his best. This bloke was lazy, incompetant and couldn't have cared less. Appalling attitude. He stole every penny he earned here.

He’s a Rolls Royce of a player.

It was in his interests to perform well, he didn’t because he was in the middle of a confidence crisis (I know this for a fact).

He moved to Bayern too early and couldn’t force his way into the side despite being tipped to be one of the premier players in world football. It was no lack of effort his move didn’t work out with us, it was all psychological.

PSG have now tied him up until 2027.

Renate Sanchez on 07:11 - Aug 5 with 997 viewsjackal

Renate Sanchez on 06:28 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

He’s a Rolls Royce of a player.

It was in his interests to perform well, he didn’t because he was in the middle of a confidence crisis (I know this for a fact).

He moved to Bayern too early and couldn’t force his way into the side despite being tipped to be one of the premier players in world football. It was no lack of effort his move didn’t work out with us, it was all psychological.

PSG have now tied him up until 2027.

I don't know anything about his psychology, but if he wasn't right then Bayern owe us back for every penny we paid them for his services.
Renate Sanchez on 07:31 - Aug 5 with 980 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

He was bloody useless for us. Confidence crisis my arse. He even made Clucas look good.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Renate Sanchez on 08:13 - Aug 5 with 957 viewsDr_Parnassus

Renate Sanchez on 07:31 - Aug 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

He was bloody useless for us. Confidence crisis my arse. He even made Clucas look good.

100% factual. Jorge Mendes had a lot to do with the loan as he thought getting Renato solid game time would be good for the player, but it nearly destroyed him.

He then went to Lille and was one of the best midfielders in Europe again, hence why he will now probably see out his career at PSG, or at least his prime playing days.

Munich was a toxic place for him and we were unfortunate collateral in that as we got him when he was in that toxic period of his career.

Nobody can doubt his ability, he’s proven it time and time again. Wonderful player.

Login to get fewer ads

Renate Sanchez on 08:39 - Aug 5 with 941 viewsonehunglow

How would he have developed under our current coach

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Renate Sanchez on 09:23 - Aug 5 with 922 viewsBest_loser

Well at least he gave us this never to be forgotten moment
Better than nothing 😁
Renate Sanchez on 09:24 - Aug 5 with 919 viewspencoedjack

Renate Sanchez on 07:31 - Aug 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Big call that fella.

Although in fairness I can't remember Clucas passing to an adverting hoarding.
Renate Sanchez on 10:02 - Aug 5 with 898 viewsDr_Winston

Right player, wrong time, wrong manager

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Renate Sanchez on 10:35 - Aug 5 with 875 viewswhiterock

Renate Sanchez on 10:02 - Aug 5 by Dr_Winston

Right player, wrong time, wrong manager

He was shit for us, in what was seen as a major coup by Clement, circumstances only surfaced after
Renate Sanchez on 10:48 - Aug 5 with 850 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Renate Sanchez on 08:13 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

100% factual. Jorge Mendes had a lot to do with the loan as he thought getting Renato solid game time would be good for the player, but it nearly destroyed him.

He then went to Lille and was one of the best midfielders in Europe again, hence why he will now probably see out his career at PSG, or at least his prime playing days.

Munich was a toxic place for him and we were unfortunate collateral in that as we got him when he was in that toxic period of his career.

Nobody can doubt his ability, he’s proven it time and time again. Wonderful player.

It had nothing to do with confidence. The kid just couldn’t be bothered. He turned up expecting to just breeze through games because he was a big name. It’s probably the reason he didn’t make it at Bayern. The move to Lille and his upturn in fortunes is probably because he has finally learned he has to work for it.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Renate Sanchez on 10:57 - Aug 5 with 832 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Those who watch us with a high level of football intelligence immediately understood how talented he was from his first game here. Very few players have the ability to buy themselves an extra second on the ball in midfield and use it to drive forward.

The players who can do that always find their way to the top. It is an exceedingly rare ability. As an example, Downes showed glimpses of this during his time here. Albeit he was facing poor players in England's second tier, whereas Sanches was facing the best midfielders in the world.

It is no surprise I was one of the very few who could see this skill and was able to look past the poor decision making he was exhibiting after his truly world class drives forward with the ball. I'm sure I posted multiple times he would be playing for an elite European team soon enough, alas I cannot find those posts. I stand by my comments regarding Benda - I think he will be playing for a top European team in the near future. He's an outstanding goalkeeper. Truly the best I have seen play for us. You need to look past the comedic errors which, when were entirely the fault of a nonsensical approach by his coach.

Here's my observation of Sanches after his debut. It reads accurately against the player he is today.

"His twists and turns were buying him an extra couple of seconds of time on the ball in the opponents half, allowing him to face his marker and attempt to take them on. Unfortunately what followed that was usually a misplaced pass or dispossession.

He was the only midfielder we had who looked capable of driving forward into their half and making something happen. I think he'll do well."

Every touch of Sanches debut. by Kennedy 11 Sep 2017 20:20
https://streamable.com/s7mrw

Lacking match fitness, confidence and needs to look up where he his passing. And get to know the team and how they make their runs etc.

Still has snippets of quality about him.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Renate Sanchez on 11:02 - Aug 5 with 825 viewsTreforys_Jack

Always had quality, just looked like playing for was beneath him and he couldn't be arsed. I distinctly remember him playing a couple of stunning passes, that oir players just didn't read.
Renate Sanchez on 11:31 - Aug 5 with 807 viewsDr_Parnassus

Renate Sanchez on 10:48 - Aug 5 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It had nothing to do with confidence. The kid just couldn’t be bothered. He turned up expecting to just breeze through games because he was a big name. It’s probably the reason he didn’t make it at Bayern. The move to Lille and his upturn in fortunes is probably because he has finally learned he has to work for it.

It really wasn’t a guess, I know what the issue was. He even had his own psychologist to help him and all sorts was going on behind the scenes with him.

It was not lack of effort, far from it. He was trying too hard to rediscover his form and was often second guessing himself. Almost like the yips in golf or dartitis in darts.

His quality was obvious, but he just wasn’t there mentally. It’s very easy for people in the stands to call a player lazy or lacking effort, but usually they don’t know the half of it, especially with younger players.

Renate Sanchez on 15:55 - Aug 5 with 719 viewsKilkennyjack

I must admit thought he was poor and offered nothing much.

Looks like i was very wrong.

Good luck Renate YJB ….

Beware of the Risen People

Renate Sanchez on 03:14 - Aug 6 with 625 viewsjackrmee

Renate Sanchez on 11:31 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

It really wasn’t a guess, I know what the issue was. He even had his own psychologist to help him and all sorts was going on behind the scenes with him.

It was not lack of effort, far from it. He was trying too hard to rediscover his form and was often second guessing himself. Almost like the yips in golf or dartitis in darts.

His quality was obvious, but he just wasn’t there mentally. It’s very easy for people in the stands to call a player lazy or lacking effort, but usually they don’t know the half of it, especially with younger players.

And you are said psychologist?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Renate Sanchez on 04:06 - Aug 6 with 617 viewsDr_Parnassus

Renate Sanchez on 03:14 - Aug 6 by jackrmee

And you are said psychologist?

Are you being silly again? You have just come back from a ban.

Behave.

Renate Sanchez on 08:25 - Aug 6 with 586 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Renate Sanchez on 09:23 - Aug 5 by Best_loser

Well at least he gave us this never to be forgotten moment
Better than nothing 😁

Hey now that I watch it again, the red in that bull skull logo on the ribbon board did match our away kit that season. So it was a spot on pass to the ad.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Renate Sanchez on 08:53 - Aug 6 with 571 viewsWhiterockin

Renate Sanchez on 08:25 - Aug 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

Hey now that I watch it again, the red in that bull skull logo on the ribbon board did match our away kit that season. So it was a spot on pass to the ad.

That's a load of bull.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024