Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trivia 08:58 - Aug 4 with 2102 viewsDr_Parnassus

I don’t know the answer to this, I had a quick look earlier but couldn’t see another instance immediately.

We are now on a 7 game winless run in the league. When was the last time we went on such a winless run outside the Premier League?

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Trivia on 13:00 - Aug 4 with 905 viewsonehunglow

Trivia on 10:14 - Aug 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Huh? Why on earth wouldn’t you? Non season related records don’t just stop at the end of the season.

I’ll tell AC Milan and co you think they are pathetic then.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 10:21]

Has anyone justified not winning in 7 Doc. I just can’t look.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Trivia on 13:02 - Aug 4 with 901 viewsKeithHaynes

Trivia on 09:33 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

Come on Daps.
You must be concerned
If we were on a 7 game unbeaten run ,you'd be crowing about Russ.

Or have only lost two out of the last twelve.
Collecting 18 points, a lot of draws but a fair whack of wins, only losing to QPR ( that was bad ) and Forest.

That’s play off form.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Trivia on 13:04 - Aug 4 with 891 viewsonehunglow

Trivia on 13:02 - Aug 4 by KeithHaynes

Collecting 18 points, a lot of draws but a fair whack of wins, only losing to QPR ( that was bad ) and Forest.

That’s play off form.

Or simply no WIN in 7.

It’s not defendable Guv. It really ain’t

I love this club of ours

Trivia on 13:08 - Aug 4 with 878 viewsKeithHaynes

Trivia on 13:04 - Aug 4 by onehunglow

Or simply no WIN in 7.

It’s not defendable Guv. It really ain’t

I love this club of ours

As I said play off form and that’s a positive despite the numbers.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Trivia on 13:12 - Aug 4 with 863 viewsReslovenSwan1

Only one rank bad performance. The auditing of Martin s system by steve Cooper in the 5-1 mauling. The back three was Manning Naughton and Lati. Hopefully that will not happen again too often .

I remember thinking at 4-1 at Reading Martin s system was finally being validated and all was well with the world. He could have closed it out with a few adjustment but did not. No big bruiser on the bench for the aerial bombardment. With Darling Wood and Brandon Cooper in reserve he should be able to close out games better this season.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2022 13:14]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Trivia on 14:16 - Aug 4 with 810 viewsmagicdaps10

Trivia on 13:02 - Aug 4 by KeithHaynes

That’s play off form.

This can't be argued with and has just as much relevance and fact as to the no win in 7.

Its down to the individual on how they wish to see things.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Trivia on 14:29 - Aug 4 with 799 viewsonehunglow

Trivia on 14:16 - Aug 4 by magicdaps10

This can't be argued with and has just as much relevance and fact as to the no win in 7.

It is indeed and its good this site accepts ALL opinions. The way all posts are seen are down to the individual,which means much what I read is painfully trite .

Make no mistake,I will be calling it as I see it this seaso.Those not liking it do not have to read .

Trivia on 17:31 - Aug 4 with 746 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I guess the major point is over 46 games we were only 15th best. The lack of consistency is just staggering. How can a side be towards the top of the clean sheet table and two of the most lethal strikers in the league but still have a negative goal difference?

That’s the frustrating thing for me. More than anything it’s the consistency. When we concede (usually because we’ve gifted the opposition a goal) the heads go down like they did against Rotherham and it takes half hour to snap out of it.

But then when we click we are bloody good and have scored a lot of really good goals and swept teams away. Only to then fall apart and let them back in it. Like the debacles against reading and Bournemouth.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Trivia on 19:15 - Aug 4 with 716 viewsBillyChong

Trivia on 17:31 - Aug 4 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I guess the major point is over 46 games we were only 15th best. The lack of consistency is just staggering. How can a side be towards the top of the clean sheet table and two of the most lethal strikers in the league but still have a negative goal difference?

That’s the frustrating thing for me. More than anything it’s the consistency. When we concede (usually because we’ve gifted the opposition a goal) the heads go down like they did against Rotherham and it takes half hour to snap out of it.

But then when we click we are bloody good and have scored a lot of really good goals and swept teams away. Only to then fall apart and let them back in it. Like the debacles against reading and Bournemouth.

The majority of the clean sheets were under Hamer, almost double Fishers in a similar amount of games. Encouraging to see Fisher do ok last weekend but needs to back this up with clean sheets.
Trivia on 19:56 - Aug 4 with 703 viewsglanmORJa_k

The last time we went on a 7 game plus non-winning run was season 2008/9 under golden bollocks Martinez when we failed to win in 9 consecutive league games. Prior to that it was season 2003/4 when there were 7 winless league games.
Trivia on 19:58 - Aug 4 with 701 viewsonehunglow

Trivia on 13:08 - Aug 4 by KeithHaynes

As I said play off form and that’s a positive despite the numbers.

Trivia on 22:46 - Aug 4 with 670 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trivia on 14:16 - Aug 4 by magicdaps10

It can certainly be argued with.

18 points from 12 games. 46/12 = 3.833 x 18 = 69 points.

- 76 points has been the average marker for play offs over the last two seasons.

It’s not about how anyone “wishes” to see things, it’s how they are.

Overall we were 15th.

Trivia on 08:44 - Aug 5 with 586 viewsonehunglow

Trivia on 22:46 - Aug 4 by Dr_Parnassus

- 76 points has been the average marker for play offs over the last two seasons.

Overall we were 15th.

How is 15th seen as encouraging ,in any way,shape or form.

Trivia on 09:31 - Aug 5 with 576 viewsmagicdaps10

Trivia on 22:46 - Aug 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Overall we were 15th.

69 points was 8th last season so that's looking good to me all things considered.

Hopefully with the additions defensively, this will give us a bit more consistency and push on for in and around 69 points.... 🤞it will be more.

Trivia on 09:51 - Aug 5 with 571 viewsmagicdaps10

Trivia on 08:44 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

It's not encouraging but it was certainly realistic OHL.

I remember 12 months ago having a conversation about the Swans with my friends, a few of them are not Swansea fans and they all said that the Swans would struggle, I said that we could even be in a relegation battle and they all agreed it might be tough but should have enough to survive but all agreed bottom half and mid table at best.

We had the conversation again last week, mid table with possible top 10 finish if things go well was across the board.

I always like to have this conversation, other fans will see other clubs a lot more realistically and will look at it from outside the bubble.

2 of my mates are Villa fans, their views for them this season is top 6.......😁. Expectations with fans of their own club are either too high or you will also have some who are very defeatist.

The reality this year will be topbhakf(10-12th) and the hope will be higher.......lets have the hope but let's not forget the reality.

Trivia on 09:56 - Aug 5 with 565 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trivia on 09:31 - Aug 5 by magicdaps10

69 points was 8th last season so that's looking good to me all things considered.

Hopefully with the additions defensively, this will give us a bit more consistency and push on for in and around 69 points.... 🤞it will be more.

So it could be argued with then, as it wasn’t playoff form.

But we aren’t on course for 8th of course, we are on course for 15th.

Trivia on 11:28 - Aug 5 with 522 viewsmagicdaps10

Trivia on 09:56 - Aug 5 by Dr_Parnassus

So it could be argued with then, as it wasn’t playoff form.

But we aren’t on course for 8th of course, we are on course for 15th.

That total has got teams into the play offs, we can't base a points tally off last seasons table alone so ultimately pending on how the season goes it's play off form.

Going by our last 7 games as you brought up in this post... We are on course for bottom.

Going on Keith's 12 games scenario we could potentially end up anywhere from 6th to 10th.

Ultimately the breakdown into half a dozen to even a dozen games doesn't really indicate where we finish. As I say, it's only how the mind wishes to see it rather than the actual reality to it all as you and I have shown in our posts.

Trivia on 11:48 - Aug 5 with 509 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trivia on 11:28 - Aug 5 by magicdaps10

That total has got teams into the play offs, we can't base a points tally off last seasons table alone so ultimately pending on how the season goes it's play off form.

Going by our last 7 games as you brought up in this post... We are on course for bottom.

Going on Keith's 12 games scenario we could potentially end up anywhere from 6th to 10th.

Ultimately the breakdown into half a dozen to even a dozen games doesn't really indicate where we finish. As I say, it's only how the mind wishes to see it rather than the actual reality to it all as you and I have shown in our posts.

It would be an extreme unlikelihood to make the play offs with 69 points. It would be well below the average required.

It’s like saying 34 points is survival form in the Premier League… when in reality that total will probably get you relegated.

I wasn’t stating anything about a points tally. I was making a factual statement that we haven’t won a game in a very long time.

Not sure what is so hard to comprehend?

Trivia on 11:52 - Aug 5 with 497 viewsDr_Parnassus

Trivia on 08:44 - Aug 5 by onehunglow

It’s not, but certain people have to pretend it is because they will lose face if they admit the reality of the situation.

Trivia on 11:53 - Aug 5 with 495 viewsonehunglow

Trivia on 09:51 - Aug 5 by magicdaps10

It's not encouraging but it was certainly realistic OHL.

I remember 12 months ago having a conversation about the Swans with my friends, a few of them are not Swansea fans and they all said that the Swans would struggle, I said that we could even be in a relegation battle and they all agreed it might be tough but should have enough to survive but all agreed bottom half and mid table at best.

We had the conversation again last week, mid table with possible top 10 finish if things go well was across the board.

I always like to have this conversation, other fans will see other clubs a lot more realistically and will look at it from outside the bubble.

2 of my mates are Villa fans, their views for them this season is top 6.......😁. Expectations with fans of their own club are either too high or you will also have some who are very defeatist.

The reality this year will be topbhakf(10-12th) and the hope will be higher.......lets have the hope but let's not forget the reality.

It's not encouraging. We agree.

Last years,excuse was no pre season then not his players. Jow we cant get the players he wants apparently due to us being unable to compete.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024