Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? 09:56 - Oct 2 with 3677 viewsinfoman

You were good for the three points.

Question as in the header,please.
how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 11:09 - Oct 2 with 3480 viewsnix

It was awful in the centre. We were trying to get to Bristol Temple Meads to park in long term parking coming in from the M4 and we were stuck in traffic for ages, at a standstill for a lot of the time.I don't know what other routes would be like but that one was dreadful.
how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 11:12 - Oct 2 with 3463 viewsHayesender

We got to Bristol without any trouble, until we got a couple of miles from the ground, then complete traffic bedlam.

Only missed the first couple of minutes of the game though

Poll: Shamima Beghum

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 11:14 - Oct 2 with 3459 viewsdavman

Lived in Bristol for 4 years in the 90s and the traffic has always been truly, truly awful.

Came in via the A36 / A4 through Bath. Got to Bath (from Winchester) in the same time it took to get from Bath to our parking place 10 mins from the ground.

The trip out was infinitely better (not just because of the three points, but they helped...).

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 11:21 - Oct 2 with 3440 viewsWatford_Ranger

The bus carrying the tickets for collection was still in traffic at 2:45 so they just opened the gates and let everyone in.
how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 11:54 - Oct 2 with 3346 viewsMick_S

There was a protest somewhere in the city. Our coach took over an hour to travel a few miles from the pub to Ashton Gate and we missed the ko.

Anyone seen the photo of the police officer with the sticker on his back? I’d put it up but I don’t know how to blur faces. It’s out there and was very funny because I’m juvenile. He saw the funny side of it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 12:42 - Oct 2 with 3240 viewsPunteR

My sat nav completely ignored infomans advise and went down M4 M26 route. Big mistake. Gridlock!.
Luckily left at 10.30am so got to my parking spot just after 2pm. 20 min walk past The Miners pub but got there at a decent time before kick off.
Decent stadium and seemed a very family oriented club. Loads of kids running around and I went through the home end and it sounded like a band was playing somewhere.?. Good atmosphere.
No major issues getting home. M4 sweet as a nut!.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 17:03 - Oct 2 with 2843 viewsDavieQPR

Parked in the Cricket Club. Pricey but only 20 min walk.
how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 17:09 - Oct 2 with 2835 viewsNorthernr

Thank you to whoever it was posted on here about the M4 the previous week and taking five hours to get to Bath - because of you we shifted our departure time forward so although the trip did indeed take the best part of four hours with huge issues at Swindon, we were able to get parked up and be in The Old Fishmarket in time to even catch most of the Arsenal game.

Tried to drive to the ground once before many years ago and vowed never to do it again. Sounds like that was the right call.

£27 for an afternoon of parking was a bit of a sting when we got back to the machine mind.
Login to get fewer ads

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 17:30 - Oct 2 with 2757 viewsqueensparker

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 17:09 - Oct 2 by Northernr

Thank you to whoever it was posted on here about the M4 the previous week and taking five hours to get to Bath - because of you we shifted our departure time forward so although the trip did indeed take the best part of four hours with huge issues at Swindon, we were able to get parked up and be in The Old Fishmarket in time to even catch most of the Arsenal game.

Tried to drive to the ground once before many years ago and vowed never to do it again. Sounds like that was the right call.

£27 for an afternoon of parking was a bit of a sting when we got back to the machine mind.

Ditto - left London at 9am to leave a bit of spare time as had to get to ground via Gloucester and we ended up parked up around 2pm. Good shout and plenty of time for a few pre match drinks.

Getting back was fine (the victory definitely helped)
how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 18:08 - Oct 2 with 2645 viewsMick_S

A good day, traffic aside. I don’t think I’ve laughed so much for yonks. Hats off to the fun bus and well done Mel. A top effort, sir.

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 19:07 - Oct 2 with 2498 viewskensalriser

No problems for me. Clear roads ahead for miles.

[Post edited 2 Oct 2022 19:08]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 19:50 - Oct 2 with 2395 viewsJames_Paddocks

The worst journey I've ever had. Absolute misery getting there and leaving.

Apart from every fcker driving an electric scooter, how does that city even function?
how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 19:52 - Oct 2 with 2391 viewsManinBlack

Plenty of issues coming out of London yesterday evening. It took me an hour in a coach to get from Victoria to Shepherds Bush to reach the Westway on my way to Oxford. I suspect it might have been a bit better Saturday morning.
how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 20:05 - Oct 2 with 2362 viewsMick_S

I think we were a bit unlucky not to see some of the best of Bristol, albeit on a football away day. From what I gathered from my coach window, first impressions and all that, it seemed to be a pretty vibrant place. Lovely ground with plenty of outlets for food and drink. The concourse was rammed, popped outside on some advice and got a half time pint in two minutes.

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 20:42 - Oct 2 with 2317 viewswokingrs

We came in from the M5 junction 19 and it was a breeze. £15 to park at the cricket ground was a bit of a rip off though.
how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 21:49 - Oct 2 with 2219 viewsPunteR

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 20:05 - Oct 2 by Mick_S

I think we were a bit unlucky not to see some of the best of Bristol, albeit on a football away day. From what I gathered from my coach window, first impressions and all that, it seemed to be a pretty vibrant place. Lovely ground with plenty of outlets for food and drink. The concourse was rammed, popped outside on some advice and got a half time pint in two minutes.

I drove past a bit that looked like Camden high street. Very lively with interesting looking shops bars etc. Never been before but heard its a good night in Bristol.
Loads of graffiti as well, which is always a welcomed sight in my eyes and a good sign of life.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2022 22:32]

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 21:51 - Oct 2 with 2217 viewsPunteR

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 17:09 - Oct 2 by Northernr

That was me. :)
Glad it helped.

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 21:58 - Oct 2 with 2201 viewsOutWestR

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 21:49 - Oct 2 by PunteR

I drove past a bit that looked like Camden high street. Very lively with interesting looking shops bars etc. Never been before but heard its a good night in Bristol.
Loads of graffiti as well, which is always a welcomed sight in my eyes and a good sign of life.

I reckon that might’ve been Stokes Croft. Next time you’re over this way I’ll give you a guided tour, I worked in the city for ten years
how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 22:16 - Oct 2 with 2173 viewsPunteR

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 21:58 - Oct 2 by OutWestR

I reckon that might’ve been Stokes Croft. Next time you’re over this way I’ll give you a guided tour, I worked in the city for ten years

Sounds a plan mate. We'll have to sort something for next season.
And btw your radio show was a welcomed soundtrack while sitting in the Brizzle traffic.

Funky 45s mix.. Posted for anyone else who wants a listen. Recommended.
https://www.mixcloud.com/JdeLooze/funky-45s-mix-for-marlow-fm/
[Post edited 2 Oct 2022 22:23]

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 22:24 - Oct 2 with 2137 viewsqueensparker

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 21:49 - Oct 2 by PunteR

We had a few post match pints round the corner about 10 mins from the ground in an area covered in graffiti and it felt very familiar and west London. Locals were sound.

All in all came away thinking Bristol is less yokel and more like us 👍🏻
[Post edited 2 Oct 2022 22:35]
how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 22:33 - Oct 2 with 2099 viewsHooping_Mad

Got there in 2h from J16 of M4.

Went M5/J19 and parked across the road in a trading estate for £10

Home was a different matter, went back through the centre and which was pretty bad, then spent an hour in the worlds slowest Burger King.

All worth it though.

Not a bad ground I thought.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 22:35 - Oct 2 with 2088 viewsPunteR

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 22:24 - Oct 2 by queensparker

We had a few post match pints round the corner about 10 mins from the ground in an area covered in graffiti and it felt very familiar and west London. Locals were sound.

It must be a West thing.. :)

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 03:21 - Oct 3 with 1898 viewsSydneyRs

how bad was the traffic coming to Bristol? on 22:24 - Oct 2 by queensparker

Even when I went there in the late 90s it was a pretty vibrant place with good pubs and restaurants. Being a student town certainly helps in this regard I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024