Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay 11:15 - Oct 28 with 1792 viewsSwansIndependent

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay 28th Oct 2022 11:12
It’s a subject which has caused Swansea City fans to enter into much discussion this past week since the treble was done over near rivals Cardiff City. That topic is extending or at least improving Russell Martin’s current contract as Swansea manager. 0

Come and get me or give me more money ? Click above.
Other factors here folks. And it’s neither of these.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 12:09 - Oct 28 with 1295 viewsunion_jack

Interesting.

By the way Keith, it’s the trebe. We don’t do Ls here as L stands for LOSER😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:19 - Oct 28 with 1111 viewsSTID2017

Unless we want to start again, then we need to look after Martin and his staff.
It is that simple

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:43 - Oct 28 with 1091 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:19 - Oct 28 by STID2017

Unless we want to start again, then we need to look after Martin and his staff.
It is that simple

If he goes this season for the glories of Norfolk then I’m not sure what his followers will do.
I can counsel via DM if anyone struggles

My door is always open

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 20:02 - Oct 28 with 1085 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:43 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

If he goes this season for the glories of Norfolk then I’m not sure what his followers will do.

My door is always open

Get behind the next manager. That's football.
Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 20:12 - Oct 28 with 1073 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 20:02 - Oct 28 by Whiterockin

Get behind the next manager. That's football.

Dead right .Make sure you give him the love .

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 20:27 - Oct 28 with 1060 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 20:12 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

To listen to Obafemi today after all the things he has been through and to still praise and do that very thing is a remarkable endorsement of our managers sills.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 20:27 - Oct 28 with 1058 viewsBoundy

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 20:12 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

What's a boy to do ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 20:35 - Oct 28 with 1031 viewsonehunglow

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 20:27 - Oct 28 by Boundy

What's a boy to do ?

Go on.

You hum it ,I ll pick up the key

Login to get fewer ads

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 00:16 - Oct 29 with 959 viewstylagarwjack

When any manager is linked with another job the modern trend is that they never categorically say no by saying “I’m staying here” and why would they because to do so would harm their chances of a pay rise, either via their current employer or the would be employer. Far better in this sort of situation for the likes of RM to say what he has said, which is that he wants to stay, which may persuade his current employers to escalate any contract offer while
subtley telling any potential employer that he might consider them if the terms and conditions are right.

Not exactly a revolutionary approach is it? Have we not seen this time and time again, either with our managers or others that are perceived to be coveted?
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 0:18]
Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 14:34 - Oct 29 with 840 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:43 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

My door is always open

The followers of Swansea City get behind the next manager.
Not sure there are any followers of Martin once he leaves ( I could be wrong as some seem obsessed with Cooper mind )

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 15:49 - Oct 29 with 804 viewsguthrieintherain

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 14:34 - Oct 29 by STID2017

Not sure there are any followers of Martin once he leaves ( I could be wrong as some seem obsessed with Cooper mind )

3 wins on the bounce and everyone is clambering for the club to get a new contract.

3 losses and we all want him sacked you got to laugh.

Just look back on threads after 8 or 9 games and plenty wanted him sacked.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 15:52 - Oct 29 with 797 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 14:34 - Oct 29 by STID2017

I’ve started drinking, it wasn’t planned 😂

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 15:52 - Oct 29 with 797 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 15:49 - Oct 29 by guthrieintherain

3 wins on the bounce and everyone is clambering for the club to get a new contract.

3 losses and we all want him sacked you got to laugh.

Just look back on threads after 8 or 9 games and plenty wanted him sacked.

I agree at 9 points out of 9 I for one was not a happy bunny.
We are a very fickle lot us football supporters

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 15:59 - Oct 29 with 793 viewsguthrieintherain

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 15:52 - Oct 29 by STID2017

I agree at 9 points out of 9 I for one was not a happy bunny.
We are a very fickle lot us football supporters

Indeed but tge pendalum swings very quickly with Russ.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 17:37 - Oct 29 with 762 viewsvetchonian

Always behind the managers of Swansea City

I will criticise as I have with Martin as last season I didnt beleive he was doing the best for the club

He this season has adapted and since we are getting results the squad is capable of

Ive no obsession with Cooper only with fairness it is amazing how a manager who took us twice to the play offs including the final at his second attempt yet is constantly berated by some fans whilst Martin before a ball was kicked was claimed by some a s a messiah and even in the first 10 games despite crap results and boring football was being promoted a s some guru.

Apart from last seasons doube and now becoming the only manager to have 3 successive wins against them up the road he has achieved nothing in 3 and half season of management

I would expect Martin to be linked with any club he has previous links with as a player if whan management vacancies appear there....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 17:46 - Oct 29 with 749 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 17:37 - Oct 29 by vetchonian

Always behind the managers of Swansea City

I will criticise as I have with Martin as last season I didnt beleive he was doing the best for the club

He this season has adapted and since we are getting results the squad is capable of

Ive no obsession with Cooper only with fairness it is amazing how a manager who took us twice to the play offs including the final at his second attempt yet is constantly berated by some fans whilst Martin before a ball was kicked was claimed by some a s a messiah and even in the first 10 games despite crap results and boring football was being promoted a s some guru.

Apart from last seasons doube and now becoming the only manager to have 3 successive wins against them up the road he has achieved nothing in 3 and half season of management

I would expect Martin to be linked with any club he has previous links with as a player if whan management vacancies appear there....

I thought Cooper was spot on, just couldn’t motivate overpaid players to go the extra mile.

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 18:00 - Oct 29 with 738 viewsSTID2017

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 17:46 - Oct 29 by KeithHaynes

I thought Cooper was spot on, just couldn’t motivate overpaid players to go the extra mile.

Especially in the one game that mattered most.
Possible his mind was elsewhere ?

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 18:03 - Oct 29 with 733 viewsKeithHaynes

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 18:00 - Oct 29 by STID2017

It’s all documented on here three days later 😉

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 18:05 - Oct 29 with 723 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 18:00 - Oct 29 by STID2017

ristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ! on 16:12 - Oct 29 with 172 views magicdaps10

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ! on 15:03 - Oct 29 by onehunglow

Honesty.
Jesus
No chance of that from me,
Have you seen what happens on here when one is.
It’s the same crew.
The same old song

A poor Bristol side with selection issues lucky to get a point ,as I saw it. When we feel like it,we can kill teams.

It is all about supporting Martin,nothing more,nothing less

Basically, why bring in players on loan then refuse to start them
None of Russy crew can answer that and chucking hate around doesn’t hide that simple fact

Two points lost

You can only lose something that you had in the first place, we were never ahead and was 1-0 down so it's definetly a point gained.

My answer to the loans, they were brought in to strengthen the squad.........squad strength is a massive thing in today's game.

Hate needs to be created before it can be thrown around.

Hopefully I have covered all bases there OHL.

There you go you and other keep saying how he lost us the final....Brentford were streets better than us and we went 1 down due to Woodman giving away a pen...

Cooper got us to the play off semis and the the final in his frist two seasons as a manger in senior pro football what has our present manager achieved?

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 18:55 - Oct 29 with 676 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 18:05 - Oct 29 by vetchonian

ristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ! on 16:12 - Oct 29 with 172 views magicdaps10

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ! on 15:03 - Oct 29 by onehunglow

Honesty.
Jesus
No chance of that from me,
Have you seen what happens on here when one is.
It’s the same crew.
The same old song

A poor Bristol side with selection issues lucky to get a point ,as I saw it. When we feel like it,we can kill teams.

It is all about supporting Martin,nothing more,nothing less

Basically, why bring in players on loan then refuse to start them
None of Russy crew can answer that and chucking hate around doesn’t hide that simple fact

Two points lost

You can only lose something that you had in the first place, we were never ahead and was 1-0 down so it's definetly a point gained.

My answer to the loans, they were brought in to strengthen the squad.........squad strength is a massive thing in today's game.

Hate needs to be created before it can be thrown around.

Hopefully I have covered all bases there OHL.

There you go you and other keep saying how he lost us the final....Brentford were streets better than us and we went 1 down due to Woodman giving away a pen...

Cooper got us to the play off semis and the the final in his frist two seasons as a manger in senior pro football what has our present manager achieved?

The double and now the treble.
Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:07 - Oct 29 with 666 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 18:55 - Oct 29 by Whiterockin

The double and now the treble.

As I have previously said this "achievement" has elevated his status....

HE has won 3 matches against one side.....how many is that out of his total career....means nothing to anyone outside of Swansea

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:16 - Oct 29 with 653 viewsswan_si

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:07 - Oct 29 by vetchonian

As I have previously said this "achievement" has elevated his status....

HE has won 3 matches against one side.....how many is that out of his total career....means nothing to anyone outside of Swansea

But isn't that something Coops couldn't do
Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:20 - Oct 29 with 659 viewsvetchonian

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:16 - Oct 29 by swan_si

But isn't that something Coops couldn't do

yes thats true but then Coops got us to the play off semis in his first season...and then the final in his second

And lets not forget we huffed and puffed our way to that third win against 10 men.. a great win as ever when we beat them up the road but to elevate Russ to a "great" manger on the strength of these 3 wins is crazy....As I said outside of the SCFC fanbase its meaningless

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:28 - Oct 29 with 626 viewsswan_si

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:20 - Oct 29 by vetchonian

yes thats true but then Coops got us to the play off semis in his first season...and then the final in his second

And lets not forget we huffed and puffed our way to that third win against 10 men.. a great win as ever when we beat them up the road but to elevate Russ to a "great" manger on the strength of these 3 wins is crazy....As I said outside of the SCFC fanbase its meaningless

Didn't we beat Blackburn and Millwall with 10 men?
Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:34 - Oct 29 with 607 viewsWhiterockin

Russell Martin doesn’t rule out leaving Swansea but makes his case to stay on 19:20 - Oct 29 by vetchonian

The previous 3 seasons we ended up in the same league, play offs count for nothing unless you win them. So the double is a valid achievement for us supporters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024