Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible 10:59 - Jan 23 with 6100 viewsSirjohnalot

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64333230

How can this be allowed any where ?
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 11:16 - Jan 23 with 4467 viewsonehunglow

WRU is toxic and always has been.
Read up on what the likes of Billy Boston were told about playing for Wales vis a vis their colour,then the abuse and vindictiveness towards players who had gone to Rugby League .
Welsh are as bad and as good as anyone and we should remember that .
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 11:19]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 11:19 - Jan 23 with 4466 viewsKeithHaynes

The words of those who claim to be on board with equality and anti discrimination are just that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 11:38 - Jan 23 with 4442 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 11:19 - Jan 23 by KeithHaynes

The words of those who claim to be on board with equality and anti discrimination are just that.

Everybody's outraged these days, no one takes action. The false outrage about Qatar by those being paid £100,000s by Bein sports highlights what is going on.

Never has the phrase "words come cheap" been more appropriate.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 12:06 - Jan 23 with 4396 viewsSirjohnalot

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 11:38 - Jan 23 by JACKMANANDBOY

Everybody's outraged these days, no one takes action. The false outrage about Qatar by those being paid £100,000s by Bein sports highlights what is going on.

Never has the phrase "words come cheap" been more appropriate.

Any man worth his salt would have stood and and given that 'man' (in the loosest sense of the word) a few home truths.
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 12:17 - Jan 23 with 4386 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 12:06 - Jan 23 by Sirjohnalot

Any man worth his salt would have stood and and given that 'man' (in the loosest sense of the word) a few home truths.

No doubt the WRU have an equality and inclusion policy that is overridden by the behaviour of those in senior positions that create a culture that means people don't feel they can take action.
Until there are consequences nothing changes.

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 12:28 - Jan 23 with 4372 viewsraynor94

She accepted a pay off, she should have stood her ground gone to a tribunal.

Name and shame, the individual is still working there!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 12:30 - Jan 23 with 4366 viewsSirjohnalot

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 12:28 - Jan 23 by raynor94

She accepted a pay off, she should have stood her ground gone to a tribunal.

Name and shame, the individual is still working there!

Very easy to say that but legal aid has been removed for people in these situations. She would’ve been faced with a settlement v possibility of being financially ruined v a very rich company who could afford a KC
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 12:43 - Jan 23 with 4354 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 12:30 - Jan 23 by Sirjohnalot

Very easy to say that but legal aid has been removed for people in these situations. She would’ve been faced with a settlement v possibility of being financially ruined v a very rich company who could afford a KC

If you are undermined by a toxic culture and are offered a positive way out you have to be particularly strong to go all the way to an industrial tribunal. Not everyone can fight all the way.

Login to get fewer ads

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 13:25 - Jan 23 with 4314 viewsonehunglow

Little approbrium on here really.
This is a Welsh issue as much as anyone elses

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 13:40 - Jan 23 with 4312 viewsSirjohnalot

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 13:25 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

Little approbrium on here really.
This is a Welsh issue as much as anyone elses

In fairness every reply has criticised it
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 13:55 - Jan 23 with 4290 viewsonehunglow

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 13:40 - Jan 23 by Sirjohnalot

In fairness every reply has criticised it

BUT not that many contributors

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 14:02 - Jan 23 with 4272 viewsSirjohnalot

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 13:55 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

BUT not that many contributors

Well yes because it’s the middle of a work day
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 14:17 - Jan 23 with 4255 viewsKilkennyjack

Shameful.

What is wrong with some people ?
How do people end up with such damaged and damaging views on life..?

If the individual is still employed then they should be sacked immediately.
Zero tolerance needed, just like physical violence in the work place.

That was a tough read. Shocking.

Beware of the Risen People

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 14:52 - Jan 23 with 4222 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

What I'm afraid will happen here is a media frenzy, followed by a gesture from the WRU like appointing to a new equality and diversity post followed by no real change.

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 15:19 - Jan 23 with 4202 viewsmajorraglan

Doesn’t reflect well on the WRU.

Sadly, I can readily believe incidents like this take place with people using excuses such as lads culture, banter, joking etc etc to justify the actions. What’s particularly concerning is the comment re a senior person being present and not intervening as well as the fact a number of witnesses weren’t interviewed. Outrageous.

Why does the MP need to get involved!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 15:31]
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 15:21 - Jan 23 with 4191 viewsonehunglow

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 14:02 - Jan 23 by Sirjohnalot

Well yes because it’s the middle of a work day

You working ?

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 15:45 - Jan 23 with 4164 viewsBadgeman

Well that was an horrific read. The fact the WRU think they've behaved appropriately says it all. Sackings, sackings and more sackings as a start.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:14 - Jan 23 with 4144 viewsLohengrin

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 15:45 - Jan 23 by Badgeman

Well that was an horrific read. The fact the WRU think they've behaved appropriately says it all. Sackings, sackings and more sackings as a start.

I’ve been in and around rugby clubs all my life and I can’t honestly say as I’ve ever encountered anybody that would think something like that, much less say it to a woman, and I’ve known some proper boneheaded howlers.

That’s not banter whoever came out with that is deeply, deeply disturbed.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 16:16]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:14 - Jan 23 with 4142 viewsBryanSwan

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 15:45 - Jan 23 by Badgeman

They investigated the incident fully, down the pub whilst drinking from a shoe.
The old boys club that run the WRU are well past their sell by date, they all need to step down or be sacked.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:18 - Jan 23 with 4132 viewsLohengrin

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:14 - Jan 23 by BryanSwan

The old boys club that run the WRU are well past their sell by date, they all need to step down or be sacked.

That’s a harsh assessment. If somebody had said that to a woman in front of somebody like Brian Thomas he’d have strangled them.

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:34 - Jan 23 with 4110 viewsSirjohnalot

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 15:21 - Jan 23 by onehunglow

You working ?

Was just about to re start my trial but yes
Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:35 - Jan 23 with 4108 viewsBadgeman

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:14 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

I’ve been in and around rugby clubs all my life and I can’t honestly say as I’ve ever encountered anybody that would think something like that, much less say it to a woman, and I’ve known some proper boneheaded howlers.

It's not even in a rugby club which wouldn't be any more defensible but a bit more understandable but a professional setting at boardroom level. Pretty much every workingmans, rugby or football club ive ever been into was full of men having a drink, having a laugh and sometimes telling a joke which occasionally has gone too far. But as always a line gets drawn and people respect each other. I've worked in teams where there have been overwhelming majorities of men, majorities of women, and mixed teams and what you can and can't get away with saying has always been flexible depending who you're with. It shouldn't work like that but its the reality of people being imperfect working in boring jobs where you have a laugh to make the time you spend together more pleasant, and as long as people have somewhere to go to raise complaints if someone goes to far there shouldn't be a problem.

I don't want to see people losing their 9-5 job over a joke in poor taste but the comments in the article are so way, way out of line I can't fathom how it didn't end in an immediate dismissal. It's more of a threat than a joke. The WRU have a long road ahead if they are serious about cleaning house.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:38 - Jan 23 with 4104 viewsKeithHaynes

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:14 - Jan 23 by BryanSwan

Did they put the shoe on their head after finishing ?
And shout something unintelligible?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:44 - Jan 23 with 4092 viewsLohengrin

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:35 - Jan 23 by Badgeman

It's not even in a rugby club which wouldn't be any more defensible but a bit more understandable but a professional setting at boardroom level. Pretty much every workingmans, rugby or football club ive ever been into was full of men having a drink, having a laugh and sometimes telling a joke which occasionally has gone too far. But as always a line gets drawn and people respect each other. I've worked in teams where there have been overwhelming majorities of men, majorities of women, and mixed teams and what you can and can't get away with saying has always been flexible depending who you're with. It shouldn't work like that but its the reality of people being imperfect working in boring jobs where you have a laugh to make the time you spend together more pleasant, and as long as people have somewhere to go to raise complaints if someone goes to far there shouldn't be a problem.

I don't want to see people losing their 9-5 job over a joke in poor taste but the comments in the article are so way, way out of line I can't fathom how it didn't end in an immediate dismissal. It's more of a threat than a joke. The WRU have a long road ahead if they are serious about cleaning house.

I work in heavy industry where the banter is as rough-edged as it gets, and as you say it’s a long day without laughs in it, but that’s not a joke.

If somebody is walking around with that in their head they’re a bomb waiting to go off.

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 17:23 - Jan 23 with 4058 viewscontroversial_jack

Why no man there stood up for her is incredible on 16:14 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

So, it's not a culture then, just a one off?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024