Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dodgy owners Radio 5 live 18:04 - Feb 5 with 1853 viewsdeepdale81

Last week on 2nd february radio 5 live nicky campbell programme talked about possible new regulation on football clubs with Tracey Crouch Mp.Its 1hour 5 mins in to the show.
You can listen again on bbc sounds.Mentions transparency,integrity etc.
Legislation is coming folks.
Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 18:57 - Feb 5 with 1771 viewsBadlands

And not a moment too soon.
Thank goodness we are a well run club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:04 - Feb 5 with 1757 viewsWhiterockin

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 18:57 - Feb 5 by Badlands

And not a moment too soon.
Thank goodness we are a well run club.

If we were well run would the owners have had to put in the £16M they allege to have put in. I look forward to reading the updated accounts.
Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:18 - Feb 5 with 1706 viewsReslovenSwan1

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:04 - Feb 5 by Whiterockin

If we were well run would the owners have had to put in the £16M they allege to have put in. I look forward to reading the updated accounts.

They would not have to put in £16m if they did not pay the players so well.

Swansea has heavy with wages and punching like a lightweight. A beautiful boxer with no KO punch. The team under Martin have become easy meat for big bruising sides and wilt under intense pressure. As Monk used to say Swansea do no 'handle the difficult moments' well. win heavily on points then get KO ed. even by a Mexican road sweeper. (e.g. Oxford Utd) through sloppiness.

I have argued for a new approach where no new payers come in over the age of 18 and all transfer moneys is put into the academy with 2 or three older pros lie Allen and Naughton.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:20 - Feb 5 with 1701 viewsWhiterockin

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:18 - Feb 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea has heavy with wages and punching like a lightweight. A beautiful boxer with no KO punch. The team under Martin have become easy meat for big bruising sides and wilt under intense pressure. As Monk used to say Swansea do no 'handle the difficult moments' well. win heavily on points then get KO ed. even by a Mexican road sweeper. (e.g. Oxford Utd) through sloppiness.

I have argued for a new approach where no new payers come in over the age of 18 and all transfer moneys is put into the academy with 2 or three older pros lie Allen and Naughton.

So when was this £16M actually put in.
Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:24 - Feb 5 with 1678 viewsBoundy

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:18 - Feb 5 by ReslovenSwan1

You want to have.a squad consisting of 18 year olds ,tell you what the Club have just signed Mitchell Bates from Briton Ferry , no slight on the boy but really that's the level you want

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:58 - Feb 5 with 1570 viewsmagicdaps10

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:04 - Feb 5 by Whiterockin

Yep, 16m covers their mistakes and incompetence.

They seem to be making the same mistakes after 7 years

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:59 - Feb 5 with 1568 viewsReslovenSwan1

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:24 - Feb 5 by Boundy

You want to have.a squad consisting of 18 year olds ,tell you what the Club have just signed Mitchell Bates from Briton Ferry , no slight on the boy but really that's the level you want

If the £16m is true than we can assume a £8m annual deficit. Huw Jenkins and co could never have managed these sort of losses.

Swansea lets assume have a balance transfer kitty. What goes out is what comes in. This roughly has happened excluding Downes. I pointed out the collapse in the footballer trading model for Swansea. Three clubs wanted Whitaker none would pay for him.

So in the long term something has to give. I am suggesting keeping the academy and blooding youngsters sooner. I labelled them the 'dirty dozen'. Since then Cullen Cooper Benda and Cabango have got themselves in the first 11.

Wages have to be forced down. Allen Grimes Fulton Patterson have to be gradually eased out by Abdullah, Cotterill, Congreve and Lloyd with Joseph and Brandon Cooper returning.

Swsnsea city have to do what Brendan did with low cost Mark Gower, Tommy Butler, Monk Neil Taylor. Swansea could not afford to keep Jordi Gomez.

£200k signings should be for highly rated 18 year olds. There are plenty of free agents to fill the gaps.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:04 - Feb 5 with 1548 viewsWhiterockin

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:59 - Feb 5 by ReslovenSwan1

If the £16m is true than we can assume a £8m annual deficit. Huw Jenkins and co could never have managed these sort of losses.

Swansea lets assume have a balance transfer kitty. What goes out is what comes in. This roughly has happened excluding Downes. I pointed out the collapse in the footballer trading model for Swansea. Three clubs wanted Whitaker none would pay for him.

So in the long term something has to give. I am suggesting keeping the academy and blooding youngsters sooner. I labelled them the 'dirty dozen'. Since then Cullen Cooper Benda and Cabango have got themselves in the first 11.

Wages have to be forced down. Allen Grimes Fulton Patterson have to be gradually eased out by Abdullah, Cotterill, Congreve and Lloyd with Joseph and Brandon Cooper returning.

Swsnsea city have to do what Brendan did with low cost Mark Gower, Tommy Butler, Monk Neil Taylor. Swansea could not afford to keep Jordi Gomez.

£200k signings should be for highly rated 18 year olds. There are plenty of free agents to fill the gaps.

If the £16M is true it should show up somewhere in the accounts. As I say I look forward to seeing the accounts. No assumptions to be done, provide the hard evidence.
Login to get fewer ads

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:06 - Feb 5 with 1534 viewsDr_Parnassus

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:58 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

Yep, 16m covers their mistakes and incompetence.

They seem to be making the same mistakes after 7 years

What kind of mistakes?

You mean like signing the likes of Fisher who doesn’t get used unless freak injuries? Or Darling that now sits on the bench?

That would be the mistake of backing the manager that so many people are complaining that they don’t do.

Can’t have it both ways. When they spend then they are “making mistakes” when they don’t, they “lack ambition and need to go”.

It’s beyond ridiculous.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:14 - Feb 5 with 1517 viewsBoundy

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:59 - Feb 5 by ReslovenSwan1

I certainly agree about the Academy and the introduction of those players into the first team but those players have to develop into regular players who are good enough to play at the level we are now and none of those you've mentioned are anywhere near that level so until they are you have to bring players who are and that comes at cost , unless of course you're prepared to see us drop down the leagues to rebuild , not something which should be considered . Even dropping down leagues players are bought and sold so what would we gain .?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:16 - Feb 5 with 1510 viewsmagicdaps10

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:06 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

What kind of mistakes?

You mean like signing the likes of Fisher who doesn’t get used unless freak injuries? Or Darling that now sits on the bench?

That would be the mistake of backing the manager that so many people are complaining that they don’t do.

Can’t have it both ways. When they spend then they are “making mistakes” when they don’t, they “lack ambition and need to go”.

It’s beyond ridiculous.

On a small scale, yes.

But if we are talking 16M then we would likely be talking about the failures in signing players like Bony 2nd time around, Baston and Clucas.......throw in their wages. Lets not talk about Ayew mk2 when there was no relegation clause in his wages.......wascthat a risk worth taking!? Its hindsight but these are businessmen who should have had experience in these decisions.

I have highlighted this recently and its getting tedious to give my reasons and just be asked time and time again.

Its not about spending lots, it's about spending wisely........something they seem to have not got in order and not learned after 7 years running the club.

As you say, it's beyond ridiculous.

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:21 - Feb 5 with 1486 viewsDr_Parnassus

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:16 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

On a small scale, yes.

But if we are talking 16M then we would likely be talking about the failures in signing players like Bony 2nd time around, Baston and Clucas.......throw in their wages. Lets not talk about Ayew mk2 when there was no relegation clause in his wages.......wascthat a risk worth taking!? Its hindsight but these are businessmen who should have had experience in these decisions.

I have highlighted this recently and its getting tedious to give my reasons and just be asked time and time again.

Its not about spending lots, it's about spending wisely........something they seem to have not got in order and not learned after 7 years running the club.

As you say, it's beyond ridiculous.

Then you are incorrect.

The £16m was for things in the last two years since Jake has been involved. Those would include being able to bring in the likes of Ntcham, Joe Allen, Harry Darling, Fisher, Wood, Pato, Wolff, Sorinola etc etc

As well as give contracts to the likes of Fulton.

Essentially, backing Martin.

So is it a mistake to carry on backing him? In which case January was fantastic?

Or is it highly desirable they carry on backing him? In which case we should be thankful they are willing to put in £16m to do so.

Again, can’t have it both ways.

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:30 - Feb 5 with 1476 viewsmagicdaps10

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:21 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Then you are incorrect.

The £16m was for things in the last two years since Jake has been involved. Those would include being able to bring in the likes of Ntcham, Joe Allen, Harry Darling, Fisher, Wood, Pato, Wolff, Sorinola etc etc

So is it a mistake to carry on backing him? In which case January was fantastic?

Or is it highly desirable they carry on backing him? In which case we should be thankful they are willing to put in £16m to do so.

Nothing to do with previous misdealings and covid then!

As you say, can't have it both ways.

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:34 - Feb 5 with 1447 viewsDr_Parnassus

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:30 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

Nothing to do with previous misdealings and covid then!

As you say, can't have it both ways.

Yes Covid also played a part with them yet again keeping the club afloat.

Nothing to do with the signing of Bony 6 years ago and 4 years before Jake got involved, no.

Again, you either want them to back Russ or you don’t. You can’t complain about both simultaneously.

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:47 - Feb 5 with 1418 viewsmagicdaps10

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:34 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes Covid also played a part with them yet again keeping the club afloat.

Nothing to do with the signing of Bony 6 years ago and 4 years before Jake got involved, no.

Again, you either want them to back Russ or you don’t. You can’t complain about both simultaneously.

You don't think we are still paying the price for transfer fees and wages paid out in our last couple of years in the Premier league?

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:53 - Feb 5 with 1399 viewsDr_Winston

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:47 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

You don't think we are still paying the price for transfer fees and wages paid out in our last couple of years in the Premier league?

It's been nearly five years. Everything Prem related is now off the books. The sale of Rodon basically put the capstone on all that.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 20:55]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:54 - Feb 5 with 1390 viewsDr_Parnassus

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:47 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

Certainly not.

Although you referenced “continued mistakes” and “making the same ones 7 years ago”. Even if it were true (which it isn’t as amortisation tends to be over a period of 2 seasons…. Not 6) - it wouldn’t be as you described. That’s not a repeated mistake.

Again, this £16m has largely been to fund Martin.

So you either want this, or you don’t.

You will have to decide that and come back to me.

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 21:01 - Feb 5 with 1370 viewsmagicdaps10

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:54 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Certainly not.

Although you referenced “continued mistakes” and “making the same ones 7 years ago”. Even if it were true (which it isn’t as amortisation tends to be over a period of 2 seasons…. Not 6) - it wouldn’t be as you described. That’s not a repeated mistake.

Again, this £16m has largely been to fund Martin.

So you either want this, or you don’t.

You will have to decide that and come back to me.

I gave my view on how I wanted things to go that you refer to.......i can't repeat myself time again, it gets boring with you asking a question time and time again when I gave my views previous.

It gets tiresome with you.

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 21:07 - Feb 5 with 1345 viewsDr_Parnassus

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 21:01 - Feb 5 by magicdaps10

I gave my view on how I wanted things to go that you refer to.......i can't repeat myself time again, it gets boring with you asking a question time and time again when I gave my views previous.

It gets tiresome with you.

So as usual when your accusations get proven incorrect and your information inaccurate, you get personal and defensive.

I have asked a simple question.

Highlighted the £16m has been to back Martin.

Asked do you want them to continue to do this (in which case the £16m should be praised and not criticised), or not do this (in which case January can’t be complained at).

You haven’t answered that once. Largely because you want to attack them from both angles - despite each one being diametrically opposed.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 21:09]

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:32 - Feb 6 with 1017 viewsBarrySwan

MPs to legislate on integrity and transparency?

That should be a hoot.
Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:52 - Feb 6 with 999 viewsKeithHaynes

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:32 - Feb 6 by BarrySwan

MPs to legislate on integrity and transparency?

That should be a hoot.

That did make me smile.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 14:19 - Feb 7 with 848 viewswhiterock

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 20:21 - Feb 5 by Dr_Parnassus

Then you are incorrect.

You forgot the Pandemic, no gate receipts for over a year takes its toll, that £16m saw us through a difficult period, lets not be ungrateful to our owners all the time.
Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 14:21 - Feb 7 with 846 viewswhiterock

Dodgy owners Radio 5 live on 19:24 - Feb 5 by Boundy

So would you have signed Ivor Allchurch from Plasmarl?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024