Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 100860 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:02 - Apr 22 with 596 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:00 - Apr 21 by majorraglan

The M48 off the old Severn Bridge to Chepstow is also 50mph which is crackers too.

As is the M4 from Magor to Tredegar Park.

I’ll give Welsh Labour some credit in changing the 20mph limit hopefully it remains just outside schools& hospitals.

Common sense will then see a relief road built around Newport hopefully attracting new business.

Lifelong must be livid.
The 20MPH punishments on 18:36 - Apr 22 with 565 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 13:14 - Apr 21 by controversial_jack

Why don't you just stop whinging snd grow a pair

Aw, are you upset that I keep caling you out? Poor baby.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:08 - Apr 22 with 538 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 18:36 - Apr 22 by SullutaCreturned

Everyone knows he's a WUM and treat him as that, pretty pointless life really.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:51 - Apr 22 with 502 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 18:02 - Apr 22 by pencoedjack

As is the M4 from Magor to Tredegar Park.

I’ll give Welsh Labour some credit in changing the 20mph limit hopefully it remains just outside schools& hospitals.

Common sense will then see a relief road built around Newport hopefully attracting new business.

Lifelong must be livid.

Still not going to the stadium because you’ve had to drive about a mile on 20mph roads?

Not livid, just a bit disappointed, waiting to see what changes will be made.

You must be happy that the death, seriously injured, injured and collision statistics will probably now remain as high as they are?
The 20MPH punishments on 20:55 - Apr 22 with 499 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:36 - Apr 22 by SullutaCreturned

Took you a long time to compose that razor sharp comeback
The 20MPH punishments on 21:02 - Apr 22 with 495 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 20:51 - Apr 22 by lifelong

Still not going to the stadium because you’ve had to drive about a mile on 20mph roads?

Not livid, just a bit disappointed, waiting to see what changes will be made.

You must be happy that the death, seriously injured, injured and collision statistics will probably now remain as high as they are?

As has been repeatedly pointed out to you, they're not high. Not even close.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 21:15 - Apr 22 with 485 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 21:02 - Apr 22 by Dr_Winston

As has been repeatedly pointed out to you, they're not high. Not even close.

They are not high in your opinion, in my opinion over 4,000 casualties on Welsh roads, over 2000 of which were in 30mph zones, in a 12 month period, is high, way too high.
The 20MPH punishments on 07:05 - Apr 23 with 420 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 21:15 - Apr 22 by lifelong

They are not high in your opinion, in my opinion over 4,000 casualties on Welsh roads, over 2000 of which were in 30mph zones, in a 12 month period, is high, way too high.

Thankfully laws are in general not based on people's opinion. Just facts. When they are imposed based on opinion rather than fact, as indeed was the case in this scenario, they tend to be terrible laws with more holes in them than Rab C. Nesbitt's vest.

Welsh roads are remarkably safe. There's ample evidence, much of it already provided in this thread to demonstrate that. Removing idiotic speed limits where they have recently been imposed will not change that.
[Post edited 23 Apr 7:10]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 08:15 - Apr 23 with 403 viewslifelong

The 20MPH punishments on 07:05 - Apr 23 by Dr_Winston

Thankfully laws are in general not based on people's opinion. Just facts. When they are imposed based on opinion rather than fact, as indeed was the case in this scenario, they tend to be terrible laws with more holes in them than Rab C. Nesbitt's vest.

Welsh roads are remarkably safe. There's ample evidence, much of it already provided in this thread to demonstrate that. Removing idiotic speed limits where they have recently been imposed will not change that.
[Post edited 23 Apr 7:10]

What has been proved in this thread is that reducing the speed limit from 30mph to 20mph in built up areas significantly reduces road accidents thereby significantly reducing injuries,some of which can be life changing.
Results of long term studies have been put up on here and have been totally ignored, how you can say Welsh roads are remarkably safe is incredible when 4000 people a year are injured on them. Those accidents are the ones reported to the police with many more, I would suggest, going unreported.
The 20MPH punishments on 09:45 - Apr 23 with 379 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 08:15 - Apr 23 by lifelong

What has been proved in this thread is that reducing the speed limit from 30mph to 20mph in built up areas significantly reduces road accidents thereby significantly reducing injuries,some of which can be life changing.
Results of long term studies have been put up on here and have been totally ignored, how you can say Welsh roads are remarkably safe is incredible when 4000 people a year are injured on them. Those accidents are the ones reported to the police with many more, I would suggest, going unreported.

I've asked you once before but where is the data published by the WAG and other institutions since the introduction in Wales, a link would suffice .I don't mean from other countries.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 10:03 - Apr 23 with 368 viewsonehunglow

Pedestrians the greatest cause of accidents,now welsh roads remarkably safe .
Dear God in heaven.
What is an idiotic speed limit ?
Why are certain roads given a specific speed limit.
Forum experts with all the answers to carnage on our roads
And still,we don’t get it

People need defending from their own ignorance

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 10:40 - Apr 23 with 354 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:45 - Apr 23 by Boundy

I've asked you once before but where is the data published by the WAG and other institutions since the introduction in Wales, a link would suffice .I don't mean from other countries.

It's only been in a few months, there would be no data for Wales as yet.That's a really dull question to ask
The 20MPH punishments on 11:17 - Apr 23 with 336 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 10:40 - Apr 23 by controversial_jack

It's only been in a few months, there would be no data for Wales as yet.That's a really dull question to ask

I think you need to sit down with your teacher and ask how to absorb & retain information , you're really struggling now.

Just for you, Life long stated that there is data available indicating the drop in accidents etc , I asked him where is the data from the WAG stating this, I suggest you revisit his post then maybe and its a big maybe you'll understand why the question was asked .

The 20MPH punishments on 11:18 - Apr 23 with 329 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 10:03 - Apr 23 by onehunglow

Pedestrians the greatest cause of accidents,now welsh roads remarkably safe .
Dear God in heaven.
What is an idiotic speed limit ?
Why are certain roads given a specific speed limit.
Forum experts with all the answers to carnage on our roads
And still,we don’t get it

People need defending from their own ignorance

Thought you were out

The 20MPH punishments on 11:20 - Apr 23 with 318 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 11:17 - Apr 23 by Boundy

I think you need to sit down with your teacher and ask how to absorb & retain information , you're really struggling now.

Just for you, Life long stated that there is data available indicating the drop in accidents etc , I asked him where is the data from the WAG stating this, I suggest you revisit his post then maybe and its a big maybe you'll understand why the question was asked .

I said I was done on this topic.
Just can’t help myself.
It’s not really encouraging

Have a lovely day Boundy boy

The 20MPH punishments on 11:31 - Apr 23 with 309 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 11:20 - Apr 23 by onehunglow

I said I was done on this topic.
Just can’t help myself.
It’s not really encouraging

Have a lovely day Boundy boy

Good day sir. I can understand why ,its obviously an emotive subject but it did remind me of one of the best TV series, have a good day yourself

The 20MPH punishments on 11:40 - Apr 23 with 297 viewsunion_jack

To be meaningful, the stats should show how many of these incidents happened with people exceeding the 30mph limit because that will indicate the number who are always going to go above the speed limit whatever the sign may say.

The whole 20 mph thing is a sledgehammer to crack a nut (no pun meant there at all).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 11:53 - Apr 23 with 274 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 11:31 - Apr 23 by Boundy

Good day sir. I can understand why ,its obviously an emotive subject but it did remind me of one of the best TV series, have a good day yourself

Last two days of holiday.
I shall return

The 20MPH punishments on 11:57 - Apr 23 with 270 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 11:40 - Apr 23 by union_jack

To be meaningful, the stats should show how many of these incidents happened with people exceeding the 30mph limit because that will indicate the number who are always going to go above the speed limit whatever the sign may say.

The whole 20 mph thing is a sledgehammer to crack a nut (no pun meant there at all).

I’m truly ambivalent on this subject
There are Wirral roads nearby its national speed limit mit when it should be 40 .
Stats?No,simple safety common sense
It is a “ limit” too and not an instruction
20mph in sone road conditions is dangerous

Anyway,I might treat myself to sone ne w padded Lycra shorts

The 20MPH punishments on 12:06 - Apr 23 with 270 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 11:18 - Apr 23 by Boundy

Thought you were out

He can't resist arguing that the official figures from the ONS that clearly demonstrate that pedestrians are by some distance the biggest cause of road accidents are wrong.

It's a masochistic streak in him that just can't get enough of being humiliated online.

The 20MPH punishments on 12:15 - Apr 23 with 261 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 11:57 - Apr 23 by onehunglow

I’m truly ambivalent on this subject
There are Wirral roads nearby its national speed limit mit when it should be 40 .
Stats?No,simple safety common sense
It is a “ limit” too and not an instruction
20mph in sone road conditions is dangerous

Anyway,I might treat myself to sone ne w padded Lycra shorts

Nobody is arguing about speed limits being reduced in locations that need it, its a default speed limit being introduced where its not required is the issue. There are many other safety measures that should be introduced in some places like improving street lighting, introducing pavements where there are none and zebra crossings near rural schools where there are none.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:27 - Apr 23 with 241 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The 20MPH punishments on 12:15 - Apr 23 by Whiterockin

Nobody is arguing about speed limits being reduced in locations that need it, its a default speed limit being introduced where its not required is the issue. There are many other safety measures that should be introduced in some places like improving street lighting, introducing pavements where there are none and zebra crossings near rural schools where there are none.

If they want to make the roads safer a good start would be to get rid of all the massive holes everyone has to swerve around every few yards.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The 20MPH punishments on 13:04 - Apr 23 with 214 viewsonehunglow

I’m not arguing otherwise

The 20MPH punishments on 13:18 - Apr 23 with 211 viewspencoedjack

I’d add parents parking safely by schools rather than trying to get within 12 inches of the school gates 👍
The 20MPH punishments on 13:50 - Apr 23 with 198 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 12:06 - Apr 23 by Dr_Winston

He can't resist arguing that the official figures from the ONS that clearly demonstrate that pedestrians are by some distance the biggest cause of road accidents are wrong.

It's a masochistic streak in him that just can't get enough of being humiliated online.

Again,interlopibg between two posters who respect each other .
You want to exchange views,then do so ,but avoid your constant perch hate
Now back on topic,you battered any cyclists in Lycra today
250 points for pedestrians and 500 for cyclists
Horses gets you 1000.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024