Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97552 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 00:03 - Nov 3 with 1543 viewsmajorraglan

I was out and about yesterday and bumped in to a South Wales Labour MP and as the 20mph speed limit is probably the biggest topic of conversation I asked the MP outright if they’d had a deluge of complaints etc.
The MP confirmed that the 20mph limit was the biggest single issue they were dealing with and advised me there were very few complaints from youngsters or women and that the biggest cohort of complainers was middle aged men. The MP also advised me that they’d received a fair bit of correspondence from residents supporting the new 20mph limits.

The MP understood the concerns of motorists including where there were lengthy stretches of 20mph road, for example a road running through a long long valley town or village. What the MP did point out is while they were getting complaints from motorists, residents in these areas were praising the lower speed limits.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 0:08]
The 20MPH punishments on 00:05 - Nov 3 with 1542 viewsDr_Winston

The DVSA can barely manage to keep up with the demand for normal driving tests after Covid, never mind mooted extra ones.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:35 - Nov 3 with 1436 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 00:03 - Nov 3 by majorraglan

I was out and about yesterday and bumped in to a South Wales Labour MP and as the 20mph speed limit is probably the biggest topic of conversation I asked the MP outright if they’d had a deluge of complaints etc.
The MP confirmed that the 20mph limit was the biggest single issue they were dealing with and advised me there were very few complaints from youngsters or women and that the biggest cohort of complainers was middle aged men. The MP also advised me that they’d received a fair bit of correspondence from residents supporting the new 20mph limits.

The MP understood the concerns of motorists including where there were lengthy stretches of 20mph road, for example a road running through a long long valley town or village. What the MP did point out is while they were getting complaints from motorists, residents in these areas were praising the lower speed limits.

Did you expect any other response from this mystical being

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 09:38 - Nov 3 with 1422 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 00:05 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

The DVSA can barely manage to keep up with the demand for normal driving tests after Covid, never mind mooted extra ones.

In that case ,it shouldn’t be beyond us to create ways of ensuring extended or renewed driver training . Insurance should be significantly cheaper for advanced drivers .
AFOs have ongoing training and, if not meeting standard , lose their authority. Why? .Because they control a deadly weapon ,which is what a car is in the wrong hands .

Cars @re lethal weapons

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 10:15 - Nov 3 with 1396 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 08:35 - Nov 3 by Boundy

Did you expect any other response from this mystical being

Given the additional detail the MP provided which I’ve not included in this thread I’m pretty happy that was I was told is fairly accurate.
The 20MPH punishments on 10:44 - Nov 3 with 1365 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 10:15 - Nov 3 by majorraglan

Given the additional detail the MP provided which I’ve not included in this thread I’m pretty happy that was I was told is fairly accurate.

So despite a petition which is still ongoing , rising in numbers which I would imagine encapsulates the adult population , social media comments etc , information provided by a member of the ruling party is truthful, accurate and believable , Strangely London's mayor has just announced similar information regrading ULEZ.

Maybe I'm a cynic but I'm not gullible , a recent Poll undertaken by Redfield & Wilton showed that 59% opposed and 29% supported the Welsh Government's decision to impose a default 20mph , 46% said they supported (and 34% opposed) the introduction of the new speed limit so it looks like the opposite , who'd ever think a politician would lie eh

The 20MPH punishments on 15:08 - Nov 3 with 1304 viewspencoedjack

Ah those ghastly middle aged men I presume the majority were white as well.

How dare they have an opinion in the Wales.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:48 - Nov 3 with 1280 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 15:08 - Nov 3 by pencoedjack

Probably, because most of the population is white. I’m guessing most 9n here, including myself fit that demographic.
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 16:53 - Nov 3 with 1267 viewsWhiterockin

They probably asked the question should there be a default 20mph speed limit in Wales.
No.
Are you happy with a 20mph speed limit in your village.
Yes.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:45 - Nov 3 with 1225 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 16:53 - Nov 3 by Whiterockin

They probably asked the question should there be a default 20mph speed limit in Wales.
No.
Are you happy with a 20mph speed limit in your village.
Yes.

We all know it.

Stick a camera outside a school & ask the mothers who have just parked as close to the school gates (normally illegally parked on a junction) & its obvious they will say yes.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:08 - Nov 3 with 1175 viewsTogg

The 20MPH punishments on 17:45 - Nov 3 by pencoedjack

We all know it.

Stick a camera outside a school & ask the mothers who have just parked as close to the school gates (normally illegally parked on a junction) & its obvious they will say yes.

Taking Mrs T to work from North Gower, the school run middle class mums in their big cars are an absolute nightmare. To even things out so are the dads. Double park, park illegally, park dangerously as they try to get as close to the school gates as they can.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:15 - Nov 3 with 1172 viewsTogg

The 20MPH punishments on 15:08 - Nov 3 by pencoedjack

Those middle class men are actually the new working class men. Who have done years of work, paid extortionate taxes, raised families. Have been taxed to the hilt, continuosly conned by various governments, many now have ageing parents, born from the second world war. Have now had their state pensions pushed to an older age. So maybe with a few years of living experience they can now have an opinion based on experience and making loads of mistakes along the way.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 20:17]
The 20MPH punishments on 21:00 - Nov 3 with 1153 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well I don't doubt you, major. I do however doubt what the Labour MP told you. After all, we know our politicians are "conservative with the truth" and we know the Senedd has told us lies about the NHS. There is very little to trust.

When they said largets cohort I presume they didn't give you a number so just being the largest group doesn't mean much. then there's the "fair bit of mail" supporting the move, how much is that?200, 2000, 200,000? and very few complaints from youngsters or women, we all know youngsters hardly bother with politics and in Wales at large less than 50% of people bother to vote yet nigh on 465,000 people signed the petition which is more than voted for Welsh labour.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that people supporting the new limit in their village had complained about it in other areas, people are like that.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:55 - Nov 3 with 1129 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 21:00 - Nov 3 by SullutaCreturned

Well I don't doubt you, major. I do however doubt what the Labour MP told you. After all, we know our politicians are "conservative with the truth" and we know the Senedd has told us lies about the NHS. There is very little to trust.

When they said largets cohort I presume they didn't give you a number so just being the largest group doesn't mean much. then there's the "fair bit of mail" supporting the move, how much is that?200, 2000, 200,000? and very few complaints from youngsters or women, we all know youngsters hardly bother with politics and in Wales at large less than 50% of people bother to vote yet nigh on 465,000 people signed the petition which is more than voted for Welsh labour.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that people supporting the new limit in their village had complained about it in other areas, people are like that.

I had a chance encounter with an MP at a public event and used the opportunity to ask a few questions. I didn’t get in to the nuts and bolts of numbers etc and I’m only repeating what I was told. It was clear the MP had been discussing the issue with the County Council who apparently won’t look at making any changes for 3 months.
If I were the MP, I’d be looking to try and put a bit of distance between myself and Drakers and Waters.
The 20MPH punishments on 22:01 - Nov 3 with 1120 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 21:55 - Nov 3 by majorraglan

I had a chance encounter with an MP at a public event and used the opportunity to ask a few questions. I didn’t get in to the nuts and bolts of numbers etc and I’m only repeating what I was told. It was clear the MP had been discussing the issue with the County Council who apparently won’t look at making any changes for 3 months.
If I were the MP, I’d be looking to try and put a bit of distance between myself and Drakers and Waters.

So they are considering looking at it in 6 weeks, well that's a start.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:18 - Nov 4 with 1035 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 21:55 - Nov 3 by majorraglan

That depends which MP it was. Starmer isnt a fan of Drakers, apparently.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:55 - Nov 4 with 1002 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 17:47 - Aug 4 by controversial_jack

During winter?

Study before posting
Winter veg make good nourishing meals
Our feckless forkwick kids can't be rsed to cook though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 16:14 - Nov 5 with 924 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:55 - Nov 4 by onehunglow

Study before posting
Winter veg make good nourishing meals
Our feckless forkwick kids can't be rsed to cook though

If you are referring to root veg, there's not a lot of nutrition in them
The 20MPH punishments on 18:57 - Nov 5 with 873 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 16:14 - Nov 5 by controversial_jack

If you are referring to root veg, there's not a lot of nutrition in them

They're nutritious just that a lot of them are high in carbohydrates and need to be treated like bread or pasta and eaten in moderation, as the old saying goes, EVERYTHING in moderation!
The 20MPH punishments on 19:26 - Nov 5 with 852 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:18 - Nov 4 by SullutaCreturned

That depends which MP it was. Starmer isnt a fan of Drakers, apparently.

That's the exact opposite to what I'm hearing.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 19:39 - Nov 5 with 848 viewsDr_Winston

I can't imagine any Labour leader with designs on winning votes outside Wales being a fan of Drakeford.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 00:03 - Nov 7 with 755 viewsBoundy

I wonder if every driver who owns a car register their Vehicle in Drakeford's name ,then spend a day breaking every speed limit ?

The 20MPH punishments on 08:46 - Nov 7 with 720 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:26 - Nov 5 by Flashberryjack

That's the exact opposite to what I'm hearing.

Is that why Starmer stopped praising Drakeford and saying this is how we do things differently in Wales. Starmer has recently put distance between himself and Welsh Labour. Qq

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 10:19 - Nov 7 with 698 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 08:46 - Nov 7 by felixstowe_jack

Is that why Starmer stopped praising Drakeford and saying this is how we do things differently in Wales. Starmer has recently put distance between himself and Welsh Labour. Qq

They are regularly in contact with each other
The 20MPH punishments on 15:32 - Nov 7 with 648 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 10:19 - Nov 7 by controversial_jack

They are regularly in contact with each other

Yes but Starmer no longer publicises it. I am sure Drakeford is still in contact with his Mentor Jeremy.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024