Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97644 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 14:48 - Nov 22 with 1178 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 14:32 - Nov 22 by Flashberryjack

Some people would still defend Drakeford and his clowns no matter what idiotic things they do.

Shame is, Wales has more than it's fair share of blindfolded voters.

Ahhhh but its ALL Westminsters fault mun!

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 14:59 - Nov 22 with 1155 viewsTogg

The 20MPH punishments on 14:48 - Nov 22 by Wingstandwood

Far more important thing than lowering the speed limit to 20 then.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:06 - Nov 22 with 1140 viewsAnotherJohn

The 20MPH punishments on 14:48 - Nov 22 by Wingstandwood

Relative priorities is indeed the issue. As some of us argued in the thread, the money spent in the new default speed limit - and money which may be spent on expanding the Assembly - would have produced more payoff in terms of lives saved if invested somewhere else. I doubt whether NICE would have funded the new speed limit (if it were a health intervention) based on the usual ICER threshold; there would have been more bang for the buck with other new treatments.
The 20MPH punishments on 15:15 - Nov 22 with 1136 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 14:59 - Nov 22 by Togg

Far more important thing than lowering the speed limit to 20 then.

Please note (rear left on screen) Julie Morgan another utterly useless and worthless buffoon who just like her late husband and Drakeford himself would absolutley drown in the private sector. What an absolute state!!!!

Forever public sector and third sector types who have not made a (NOT ONE) single penny and never will in their entire lives, both of whom have no value/appreciation of money and with zero common sense to appraise how the real world works and what is required for it.

The very types who would struggle to assemble an (4 legs i.e. one on the left and one on the right i.e. two at the front and two at the back) IKEA table. "Righty tighty lefty loosey".

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 15:24 - Nov 22 with 1123 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 15:15 - Nov 22 by Wingstandwood

Please note (rear left on screen) Julie Morgan another utterly useless and worthless buffoon who just like her late husband and Drakeford himself would absolutley drown in the private sector. What an absolute state!!!!

Forever public sector and third sector types who have not made a (NOT ONE) single penny and never will in their entire lives, both of whom have no value/appreciation of money and with zero common sense to appraise how the real world works and what is required for it.

The very types who would struggle to assemble an (4 legs i.e. one on the left and one on the right i.e. two at the front and two at the back) IKEA table. "Righty tighty lefty loosey".

People always judge initially on appearances
Hers isn’t a good look

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 15:27 - Nov 22 with 1120 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 15:24 - Nov 22 by onehunglow

People always judge initially on appearances
Hers isn’t a good look

The pair of em (combined!) could not tell the difference between a string quartet and a string vest!

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 16:12 - Nov 22 with 1081 viewsTogg

The 20MPH punishments on 15:15 - Nov 22 by Wingstandwood

This is the problem I doubt many have had experience in the private sector or who have had to run a business, where to survive you need to make a profit. Otherwise the staff don't get paid and you can't pay your bills.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:03 - Nov 22 with 1061 viewsWhiterockin

I have not heard of this scam before.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/nip-farm-speeding-driver-tickets-2
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 17:56 - Nov 22 with 1033 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 18:59 - Nov 21 by lifelong

Why over complicate matters, just stick to the speed limit and you won’t get booked.

yeah, I think experience should have taught you that doesn't happen.

Even now people who were breaking 30 are doing the same speeds in 20 zones. I've been overtaken several times by utter planks who have been lucky nothing was coming the other way.

Thing is, most people may agree we need to stick to speed limits but when we get behind the wheel a lot of us will justify (if only to ourselves) breaking the limits.
The 20MPH punishments on 17:59 - Nov 22 with 1029 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 15:27 - Nov 22 by Wingstandwood

The pair of em (combined!) could not tell the difference between a string quartet and a string vest!

I got bollkked once on a site fit making “offensive” personal comments on priti Patel
Never again !

The 20MPH punishments on 18:25 - Nov 22 with 1007 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 13:03 - Nov 22 by lifelong

It’s not a case of never mind eh. That’s just a stupid response.

Jachmanandboy has stated that his business has been in decline for the past 12 months which is sad to read, that is way before the 20mph was introduced.

You keep on referring to a reduction in accidents as being negligible, I would say that with almost a 1000 people being seriously injured on our roads even a 10% reduction in these statistics would be quite substantial.

In 2022 there were 4,447(r) road casualties reported by police forces in Wales, an increase of 2% compared to 2021 but a decrease of 24% compared to 2019. Of these casualties 1,016(r) (23%) were killed or seriously injured (KSI), a similar number to 2021 but a decrease of 15% compared to 2019; 3,431(r) (77%) had slight injuries, 3% more than 2021 but 26% fewer than 2019.
Males were more likely than females to be casualties, accounting for 60% of all casualties and 67% of all people killed or seriously injured in Wales in 2022.
Young people aged 16 to 24 are disproportionately more likely to be casualties in road collisions. They make up 11% of the population but accounted for 22% of all casualties in 2022.
When adjusting for distance travelled, motorcyclists and pedal cyclists are more likely to be casualties than car users.

Those are the Senedd stats but they aren't broken down into enough detail to be properly clear about where most deaths happen. For example, if all 90 deaths happened in residential areas they'd have a point so maybe they should say where the deaths happened. The KSI (killed or seriously injured stat} is just as bad, it doesn't provide a break down so we don't know which roads are unsafe and need the limits changing.

My road is a 20 mph limit and hardly anybody is keeping to 20 (Crymlyn Road, Skewen) in fact, the works van alarm keeps going off because people are hurtling past so fast that the wind from their car is causing the van to move and the alarm to trigger. That they are going so fast should be a major concern because we are 20 yards from the mini roundabout. If these idiots didn't care about sticking to 30, they are still clearly not worried now it's down to 20 and they will be the cause of deaths, not those of us who obeyed the original limits.
The 20MPH punishments on 19:08 - Nov 22 with 985 viewsDr_Winston

Must take some acceleration between speed bumps on Crymlyn Road to get above 30.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 20:02 - Nov 22 with 956 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 19:08 - Nov 22 by Dr_Winston

Must take some acceleration between speed bumps on Crymlyn Road to get above 30.

Depends I suppose if the vehicle(s) can straddle the humps

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 21:10 - Nov 22 with 936 viewsTogg

No word of lie folks. Went to visit Mrs T mother in Llansamlet this afternoon. Always a riveting event. Coming back 5.20 ish heading towards the city. I heard as loud booming engine behind me. The geezer ( I presume it was a bloke) overtook me by the speed camera onto the opposite side of the road.
Obviously one hell of a dk head and the only conclusion was either high on something or a stolen boy racer sooped up vehicle. I think the latter probably but this is the kinda of twt we don't need on our roads and the ones who are the real danger .
The 20MPH punishments on 21:40 - Nov 22 with 911 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 11:10 - Nov 22 by Togg

Motorways are the safest roads in the UK. Most accidents and injuries, fatalities are on rural roads, not built up areas or motorways.
Something which came out on my speed awareness course.
As someone who does a fair but of driving. Ive noticed the dual carriage way in Carmarthen and from Abergavenny to Monmouth with temporary 50mph limits. Can't see why though?

If your on about the east bound A40 in Johnstown Carmarthen I believe it’s on account of the number of collisions on the road toward the roundabout, there are 2 slips roads with short run in’s in a relatively short distance and a major roundabout - the opposite side of the road heading west is 70mph.
If you’re on about the Llanddarog stretch, they’ve had some really nasty collisions on that section of road with the cross over and the short slip road.
The 20MPH punishments on 22:08 - Nov 22 with 896 viewsTogg

The 20MPH punishments on 21:40 - Nov 22 by majorraglan

If your on about the east bound A40 in Johnstown Carmarthen I believe it’s on account of the number of collisions on the road toward the roundabout, there are 2 slips roads with short run in’s in a relatively short distance and a major roundabout - the opposite side of the road heading west is 70mph.
If you’re on about the Llanddarog stretch, they’ve had some really nasty collisions on that section of road with the cross over and the short slip road.

Its the Western stretch...thanks for the answer.
The 20MPH punishments on 22:16 - Nov 22 with 882 viewsBoundy

Not my words but the sentiment remains the same

"It's clear that many of us feel a deep sense of loss and frustration over the changes that have unfolded in Wales in recent years. The spirit and pride that once defined our nation seem to be slipping away, overshadowed by a growing sense of disillusionment. We remember the days when the passion of the Welsh people filled the pubs, reverberated through the stadiums, and welcomed visitors from around the world with open arms.
Reflecting on the 2015 Rugby World Cup match between New Zealand and Wales, it's evident how much our country meant to others. The heartfelt words of that visiting supporter, expressing the sheer joy of being in Wales and soaking up the incredible atmosphere, resonated with many of us. It reflected a time when Wales was celebrated for its warmth, its love of rugby, and its unparalleled hospitality.
But today, as we look around, it's hard not to feel a pang of sadness. The changes brought about by the current leadership have left us feeling disheartened and disconnected from the Wales we once knew and loved. It's not just about rugby; it's about a broader shift in the fabric of our nation, a loss of the pride and identity that once defined us.
We find ourselves at a crossroads, yearning for a return to the Wales where our voices were heard, our culture was celebrated, and our people were valued. The time has come for change. It's time to stand up and demand better for ourselves and for future generations. The current government's approach has left many feeling marginalized and neglected.
We must come together as a community, regardless of political affiliations, to call for a government that truly represents the best interests of all who call Wales home. It's time to seek leadership that will restore our pride, rekindle our passion, and once again make us eager to proudly declare, "I am Welsh."
Let us work together to build a future where the spirit of Wales shines brightly once more. The time for change is now, and it starts with each and every one of us standing up and demanding better"

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 12:13 - Nov 23 with 807 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 22:16 - Nov 22 by Boundy

Not my words but the sentiment remains the same

"It's clear that many of us feel a deep sense of loss and frustration over the changes that have unfolded in Wales in recent years. The spirit and pride that once defined our nation seem to be slipping away, overshadowed by a growing sense of disillusionment. We remember the days when the passion of the Welsh people filled the pubs, reverberated through the stadiums, and welcomed visitors from around the world with open arms.
Reflecting on the 2015 Rugby World Cup match between New Zealand and Wales, it's evident how much our country meant to others. The heartfelt words of that visiting supporter, expressing the sheer joy of being in Wales and soaking up the incredible atmosphere, resonated with many of us. It reflected a time when Wales was celebrated for its warmth, its love of rugby, and its unparalleled hospitality.
But today, as we look around, it's hard not to feel a pang of sadness. The changes brought about by the current leadership have left us feeling disheartened and disconnected from the Wales we once knew and loved. It's not just about rugby; it's about a broader shift in the fabric of our nation, a loss of the pride and identity that once defined us.
We find ourselves at a crossroads, yearning for a return to the Wales where our voices were heard, our culture was celebrated, and our people were valued. The time has come for change. It's time to stand up and demand better for ourselves and for future generations. The current government's approach has left many feeling marginalized and neglected.
We must come together as a community, regardless of political affiliations, to call for a government that truly represents the best interests of all who call Wales home. It's time to seek leadership that will restore our pride, rekindle our passion, and once again make us eager to proudly declare, "I am Welsh."
Let us work together to build a future where the spirit of Wales shines brightly once more. The time for change is now, and it starts with each and every one of us standing up and demanding better"

And is it rather ironic and hypocritical that the very indivduals who see themsleves as 'elite-patriotic' i.e. YesCymru types are by and large soooooooo darn silent, whilst all this is going on.

In fact a lot of them were incandescent with rage at the thought of Westminster (translated by them i.e. "Westmonster") offering a billion in money or so to improve Welsh transport infrastructure.

It is soooooooo evident that many are more than happy with the outrageous ruination of Wales from within. In fact they want even more power to be given to the exact bunch that are destroying Wales in the first place. Says a lot THAT!!!!

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 12:43 - Nov 23 with 790 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 12:13 - Nov 23 by Wingstandwood

And is it rather ironic and hypocritical that the very indivduals who see themsleves as 'elite-patriotic' i.e. YesCymru types are by and large soooooooo darn silent, whilst all this is going on.

In fact a lot of them were incandescent with rage at the thought of Westminster (translated by them i.e. "Westmonster") offering a billion in money or so to improve Welsh transport infrastructure.

It is soooooooo evident that many are more than happy with the outrageous ruination of Wales from within. In fact they want even more power to be given to the exact bunch that are destroying Wales in the first place. Says a lot THAT!!!!

In my lifetime, I gave becoming ever more detached from the concept of independence but the contempt I have for its adherents gets stronger
They are defensive and rather pitiful.

The 20MPH punishments on 13:13 - Nov 23 with 784 viewsWingstandwood

The 20MPH punishments on 12:43 - Nov 23 by onehunglow

In my lifetime, I gave becoming ever more detached from the concept of independence but the contempt I have for its adherents gets stronger
They are defensive and rather pitiful.

But mun, its all about their desperation to have 'national victim hood' and an 'imagined' enemy to blame i.e. England and Westminster.

That's vastly more important to them, than ever it is to have a vastly more modern, ambitous and wealthier Wales. Hence why the EVIDENT lack ot outrage and forward thinking mindset on their behalf, another cat is well and truly out of the bag, because it's more than bleeding-bloody-obvious NOW!

Never mind however, because the backward Yokels can sing songs about defiance, isolation, romanticism and battles involving spears and swords etc.

That’ll get the inward investment coming in!

Argus!

The 20MPH punishments on 18:11 - Nov 23 with 725 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 12:13 - Nov 23 by Wingstandwood

When I have criticised the Senedd a certain section of posters have accused me (or people of the same mindset) of being many things including Anti Welsh, of being Anglophiles, of hating our country and our language when the truth is I think Wales is being shafted by an incompetent government. A government that is only investing (in a worthwhile way) in the South East corner of our contry while the rest of Wales stagnates.

Oh they throw a few crumbs out and expect us to be happy but only those who are rabis Welsh Labour supporters can truly be happy with what is happening in Wales.

This 20mph thing, it's not that I entirely disagree with having so's but it has been a badly thought out, badly planne and badly implemented policy and it's one of many that fit that description.

Wales deserves much better.

Look at this,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-government-criticised-over-c
The 20MPH punishments on 20:44 - Nov 23 with 691 viewsTogg

The 20MPH punishments on 13:13 - Nov 23 by Wingstandwood

But mun, its all about their desperation to have 'national victim hood' and an 'imagined' enemy to blame i.e. England and Westminster.

That's vastly more important to them, than ever it is to have a vastly more modern, ambitous and wealthier Wales. Hence why the EVIDENT lack ot outrage and forward thinking mindset on their behalf, another cat is well and truly out of the bag, because it's more than bleeding-bloody-obvious NOW!

Never mind however, because the backward Yokels can sing songs about defiance, isolation, romanticism and battles involving spears and swords etc.

That’ll get the inward investment coming in!

Nice flags and T-shirts also. 😁😁
The 20MPH punishments on 20:25 - Nov 24 with 626 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 19:08 - Nov 22 by Dr_Winston

Not really mate, I drive a Corsa and I can confortably straddle the bumps, besides there is a fair gap between the speed bump on Wern road and the roundabout. Modern cars accelerate quite quickly and the eletric ones are greased lightning.

Some of the vehicles that hurtle around here are the more dangerous SUV type, I say more dangerous because it's a bus route too and when they approach the roundabout too fast, well we hear horns being blasted very regularly.
The 20MPH punishments on 11:17 - Nov 25 with 564 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 20:25 - Nov 24 by SullutaCreturned

Not really mate, I drive a Corsa and I can confortably straddle the bumps, besides there is a fair gap between the speed bump on Wern road and the roundabout. Modern cars accelerate quite quickly and the eletric ones are greased lightning.

Some of the vehicles that hurtle around here are the more dangerous SUV type, I say more dangerous because it's a bus route too and when they approach the roundabout too fast, well we hear horns being blasted very regularly.

Some people clearly aren't all that concerned about their suspension then. I've got a Suzuki Vitara and even with that ground clearance I tend to be very careful over speed bumps with it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 13:30 - Nov 25 with 542 viewspencoedjack

The 20MPH punishments on 18:11 - Nov 23 by SullutaCreturned

When I have criticised the Senedd a certain section of posters have accused me (or people of the same mindset) of being many things including Anti Welsh, of being Anglophiles, of hating our country and our language when the truth is I think Wales is being shafted by an incompetent government. A government that is only investing (in a worthwhile way) in the South East corner of our contry while the rest of Wales stagnates.

Oh they throw a few crumbs out and expect us to be happy but only those who are rabis Welsh Labour supporters can truly be happy with what is happening in Wales.

This 20mph thing, it's not that I entirely disagree with having so's but it has been a badly thought out, badly planne and badly implemented policy and it's one of many that fit that description.

Wales deserves much better.

Look at this,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/welsh-government-criticised-over-c

Just ignore them as the previous poster said they are just yokels who see no wrong in what Drakeford & his cronies are doing.

Those who criticise do it because they want a better Wales & it’s definitely not because they are anti Welsh.

You reap what you sow.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024