Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! 16:21 - Sep 11 with 23353 viewsModeratorC

Welcome one and all to a veritable feast of footballing rivalry. The home side are in blue,they lose a lot in this fixture. The away side wear white, they don’t. However …

Michael Duff : You caught me on the hop after a bad defeat 14th Sep 2023 16:45
Swans head coach Michael Duff has made it clear the derby day question post Bristol City caught him on the hop and he was speaking after a disappointing home defeat. 0

Swansea City need no excuses and no regrets tomorrow evening 15th Sep 2023 08:00
The Swans travel to Cardiff tomorrow for an evening kick off which will be screened to millions via Sky TV and their associated licence holders across the world. It’s the biggest fixture in the Championship calendar for both sets of fans, and the biggest derby in the Championship - despite what supporters of other clubs will tell you. 0

Swansea City fans : ‘It’s just a journey too far ‘ Friday evening comment 15th Sep 2023 18:17
Swans fans have made it known to the club that tomorrow evenings game is just a journey too far with more stringent and lengthy checks being implemented for travel to Cardiff. The 7.45pm kick off is another sound reason for what is now clearly a boycott. 0

So that’s okay is it Swansea City ? 16th Sep 2023 21:58
Josh Tymon and Kristian Pedersen made their Swansea City debuts in the south Wales derby this evening in a game that summed up Michael Duff’s start to the Championship season. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:45 - Sep 11 with 9182 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City have to start ticking for their derby test 11th Sep 2023 08:00
Jack Butty looks at the state of the ship now it has ‘aweigh’ and is recoiling close to rocks on the foreshore. The current Admiral in charge, Michael Duff is in a form of enforced retreat and his charges are looking right at him for help and guidance. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread on 16:51 - Sep 14 with 8717 viewsKeithHaynes

Michael Duff : You caught me on the hop after a bad defeat 14th Sep 2023 16:45
Swans head coach Michael Duff has made it clear the derby day question post Bristol City caught him on the hop and he was speaking after a disappointing home defeat. 0

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 17:34 - Sep 14 with 8645 viewsbonymine

Think this derby presents Duff with an early opportunity to appease the fans after an indifferent start where a win (or even a draw) may be enough to get the fans onside to a certain extent.

Lose and it will be meltdown central with no logical or rational reasons as to the whys and wherefores of the season to date ‘just’ a local derby we have lost for the first time In 3 years …….nothing else matters is it 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 18:17 - Sep 14 with 8595 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 17:34 - Sep 14 by bonymine

Think this derby presents Duff with an early opportunity to appease the fans after an indifferent start where a win (or even a draw) may be enough to get the fans onside to a certain extent.

Lose and it will be meltdown central with no logical or rational reasons as to the whys and wherefores of the season to date ‘just’ a local derby we have lost for the first time In 3 years …….nothing else matters is it 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

He needs to do something, six games and no wins isn’t a good look.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 18:55 - Sep 14 with 8542 viewsThornburyswan

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 18:17 - Sep 14 by KeithHaynes

He needs to do something, six games and no wins isn’t a good look.

Agree, although his first win at Cheltenham came in match 10 (4 draws & 5 defeats in first 9 league games).
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 19:41 - Sep 14 with 8492 viewsQJumpingJack

and QPR won't be easy next Tuesday. A big 10 days ahead.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 09:48 - Sep 15 with 8282 viewsWhiterockin

I don't think this will sell out for home or away supporters.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 09:59 - Sep 15 with 8253 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 09:48 - Sep 15 by Whiterockin

I don't think this will sell out for home or away supporters.

We need to win as I fear fans are starting to walk away .
Clearly,we need inspiration and I don’t see much evidence of that .
Concerned

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:04 - Sep 15 with 8242 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 09:59 - Sep 15 by onehunglow

We need to win as I fear fans are starting to walk away .
Clearly,we need inspiration and I don’t see much evidence of that .
Concerned

Personally I don't think that's the issue, more a crap KO time and the hassle involved with this trip.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:16 - Sep 15 with 8201 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:04 - Sep 15 by Whiterockin

Personally I don't think that's the issue, more a crap KO time and the hassle involved with this trip.

Morning.
Hope you’re right Whitey but I stand by what I say

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:30 - Sep 15 with 8194 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:16 - Sep 15 by onehunglow

Morning.
Hope you’re right Whitey but I stand by what I say

Morning.
We have had 2 years of going nowhere and before that 2 season of boring football where we didn't achieve what we should have. Duff will get time, but from what I have experienced at matches he doesn't have the support Martin had, wether this was deserved or not is in the past. This IMO means things could turn sour pretty quickly. Obviously everything could change with a win this weekend, but a loss could really mean Duff on thin ice already. Personally I don't think any of this has a bearing on the slow ticket sales for tomorrow.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:51 - Sep 15 with 8155 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:30 - Sep 15 by Whiterockin

Morning.
We have had 2 years of going nowhere and before that 2 season of boring football where we didn't achieve what we should have. Duff will get time, but from what I have experienced at matches he doesn't have the support Martin had, wether this was deserved or not is in the past. This IMO means things could turn sour pretty quickly. Obviously everything could change with a win this weekend, but a loss could really mean Duff on thin ice already. Personally I don't think any of this has a bearing on the slow ticket sales for tomorrow.

Not going to argue with that .
I normally dread derby games as I get a bit narky and unpleasant but I’m quite placid right now .
Wifey going out whilst the game is in so I have the place to myself.
Not sure our dog is looking forward to it to be honest
I might need a small beer

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 12:19 - Sep 15 with 8093 viewsKeithHaynes

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:30 - Sep 15 by Whiterockin

Morning.

I’m unsure on the actual sales, anyone ?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 12:42 - Sep 15 with 8079 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City need no excuses and no regrets tomorrow evening 15th Sep 2023 08:00
The Swans travel to Cardiff tomorrow for an evening kick off which will be screened to millions via Sky TV and their associated licence holders across the world. It’s the biggest fixture in the Championship calendar for both sets of fans, and the biggest derby in the Championship - despite what supporters of other clubs will tell you. 0

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:36 - Sep 15 with 7937 viewslifelong

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 12:42 - Sep 15 by KeithHaynes

Although there’s pressure on both managers, I believe that the greater pressure is on Cardiff, if we should beat them (again) their fans are going to go ballistic.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 17:06 - Sep 15 with 7898 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:36 - Sep 15 by lifelong

Although there’s pressure on both managers, I believe that the greater pressure is on Cardiff, if we should beat them (again) their fans are going to go ballistic.

The relief for our fans will be greater than them for sure .
This is more important to us l
Frankly, I’m nit one that has any time for them or their fans wherever they are including Eales matches .
I used to play competitive county squash and regularly played with a fella at the same club originally from Rhiwbina that was living up here.
We drew a sizeable crowd every game as we were at it like dogs. We could not mark or referee each other as most club players do .
We were at it in the sauna after too.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 17:56 - Sep 15 with 7865 viewslifelong

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 17:06 - Sep 15 by onehunglow

The relief for our fans will be greater than them for sure .
This is more important to us l
Frankly, I’m nit one that has any time for them or their fans wherever they are including Eales matches .
I used to play competitive county squash and regularly played with a fella at the same club originally from Rhiwbina that was living up here.
We drew a sizeable crowd every game as we were at it like dogs. We could not mark or referee each other as most club players do .
We were at it in the sauna after too.

‘At it in the sauna’…… interesting.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 18:24 - Sep 15 with 7840 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City fans : ‘It’s just a journey too far ‘ Friday evening comment 15th Sep 2023 18:17
Swans fans have made it known to the club that tomorrow evenings game is just a journey too far with more stringent and lengthy checks being implemented for travel to Cardiff. The 7.45pm kick off is another sound reason for what is now clearly a boycott. 0

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 20:23 - Sep 15 with 7724 viewsonehunglow

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 17:56 - Sep 15 by lifelong

‘At it in the sauna’…… interesting.

Eh op.
Just two fighting cocks at it.
We actually used to argue in the cold plunge pool .
Box office stuff Rog ,honest .
Sadly, I recently heard he passed away Long with another ex squash chum.
I m hoping to hang around a while longer .

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 05:58 - Sep 16 with 7533 viewsjack247

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 16:36 - Sep 15 by lifelong

I’ve got a feeling we’ll turn up tonight. First time they’ve been favourites for a while, huge pressure on them as you say.

If they go ahead, the place will be bouncing. If we do though, it could well go toxic.

I really can’t guess Duffs lineup either. Potentially four new players is going to be a problem for them.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 09:53 - Sep 16 with 7439 viewsunion_jack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 05:58 - Sep 16 by jack247

I’ve got a feeling we’ll turn up tonight. First time they’ve been favourites for a while, huge pressure on them as you say.

If they go ahead, the place will be bouncing. If we do though, it could well go toxic.

I really can’t guess Duffs lineup either. Potentially four new players is going to be a problem for them.

My issue here is that we don’t have a developed identity with which to threaten teams now. Last year it was, love it or loathe it, possession. Now we are in the process of change which has hampered our success this season to date.

Also, and I hate to admit this, but they seldom give up. If we go ahead I don’t think that will mean they’ll capitulate and I mean the crowd as well as the team.

Going to be a toughie this time around and I too would bite a hand iff for a draw.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:17 - Sep 16 with 7401 viewsFireboy2

I can honestly say with hand on heart that the biggest reason I want us to win is to kick start our season as I want us to give duff a good chance as I truly believe that once we get going we are going to be good.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:42 - Sep 16 with 7380 viewsunion_jack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 10:17 - Sep 16 by Fireboy2

I can honestly say with hand on heart that the biggest reason I want us to win is to kick start our season as I want us to give duff a good chance as I truly believe that once we get going we are going to be good.

I agree fb. At the moment, I too can put hand in heart and see it as just another game worth 3 points. I may feel differently after the game. Time will tell!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 11:46 - Sep 16 with 7305 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Massive pressure on Duff for this one it's almost a must win for him, myself I sadly can't see it happening, I would bite anyone s hand off for a point and a much improved performance.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Match day thread UPDATED ! on 11:56 - Sep 16 with 7299 viewsblaenaugwentjack

My line up for this evening. Rushworth gk. Key rb. Humpries, Cabango, Pedersen. Ymon lb. Grimes and Allen holding. Patio no 10. Cullen and Yates up top. Fulton just misses out starting for me. Bench Fisher, wood, Darling, Fulton, Patterson, Cooper, Lowe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024