Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections 06:25 - Oct 20 with 3091 viewsbuilthjack

Just WOW.
The CON people had held the one since 1931.
Their will be some wet porridge in Felixtowe and Wirral this morning with all those tears dripping into it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 06:41 - Oct 20 with 2214 viewsDr_Winston

Interestingly, Labour got fewer votes in Mid Bedfordshire last night than they did in the 2019 GE. The result appears to have been caused by Conservative voters just not bothering rather than switching to Labour.

Very similar story in Tamworth where Labour's vote only increased by less than 1000. They'll be publically bullish, but Starmer and Co will be wary that these are the kind of wins that can easily be overturned in a General Election.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 07:02 - Oct 20 with 2206 viewsScotia

Incredible results really.

Let's hope that signals the beginning of the end for the current incarnation of the Tories.
Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 07:07 - Oct 20 with 2205 viewsGwyn737

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 06:41 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

Interestingly, Labour got fewer votes in Mid Bedfordshire last night than they did in the 2019 GE. The result appears to have been caused by Conservative voters just not bothering rather than switching to Labour.

Very similar story in Tamworth where Labour's vote only increased by less than 1000. They'll be publically bullish, but Starmer and Co will be wary that these are the kind of wins that can easily be overturned in a General Election.

All true but I don’t think you can compare turnout in a by-election to turnout in a general election.

For me, the risk is complacency. Although the swings were huge, we’re talking about disgraced Tory candidates coming off the back of a shambles of a conference.

Labour will never have their ducks so neatly in a row.
Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 07:20 - Oct 20 with 2201 viewsDr_Winston

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 07:07 - Oct 20 by Gwyn737

All true but I don’t think you can compare turnout in a by-election to turnout in a general election.

For me, the risk is complacency. Although the swings were huge, we’re talking about disgraced Tory candidates coming off the back of a shambles of a conference.

That's the thing tho. In terms of actual voters, there's not really been any kind of swing to Labour despite the current shambles in Westminster. People didn't decide to vote for Labour. They decided not to vote at all.

I don't think Labour will be complacent because as you say, they really can't afford to be. As it stands Starmer's tactic is probably the correct one. Be boring, promise as little as possible and let the Tories keep shooting themselves in the foot.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 07:23 - Oct 20 with 2199 viewsGwyn737

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 07:20 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

That's the thing tho. In terms of actual voters, there's not really been any kind of swing to Labour despite the current shambles in Westminster. People didn't decide to vote for Labour. They decided not to vote at all.

I don't think Labour will be complacent because as you say, they really can't afford to be. As it stands Starmer's tactic is probably the correct one. Be boring, promise as little as possible and let the Tories keep shooting themselves in the foot.

And they won’t keep coming up against candidates like this one:

When he’s not telling hungry children to f*** off, he’s storming out of places like a four year old.
Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 09:14 - Oct 20 with 2162 viewsonehunglow

Truly pitiful.
You believe that don’t you .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 12:01 - Oct 20 with 2097 viewsGwyn737

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 09:14 - Oct 20 by onehunglow

Truly pitiful.
You believe that don’t you .

Me? Yes, it's easy to believe as it's true.

The post he shared telling parents they should f*** off if they have a £30 mobile phone contract the struggle to feed their kids was dispicable. (I won't share it due the language used but it's very easy to find).

Him stropping out of his opponent's winning speech is there for all to see.
Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 12:20 - Oct 20 with 2089 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 06:41 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

Apathy reigns supreme. I think people are finally cottoning on to the fact that a vote for any party is essentially a vote for the same thing.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Login to get fewer ads

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 12:25 - Oct 20 with 2088 viewsBillyChong

Nadine Dorries (Mid Beds) was an appalling MP. Great to see people are taking this on board at the polls. Anderson and co next.
Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 12:52 - Oct 20 with 2056 viewsWingstandwood

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 12:25 - Oct 20 by BillyChong

Nadine Dorries (Mid Beds) was an appalling MP. Great to see people are taking this on board at the polls. Anderson and co next.

Any M.P who has no intention to serve his/her constituency should be out of the door A.S.A.P. I cannot understand how its allowed.

Off subject i.e. time flies it seems like only yesterday she was "I'm a celebrity get me out of here". It's been eleven years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-20217901

Argus!

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 13:55 - Oct 20 with 2010 viewsbuilthjack

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 07:07 - Oct 20 by Gwyn737

Imagine if most Labour voters turned up to vote yesterday.
Only a few did and they smashed the Tory candidates.
Embarrassing for Slippery Sid.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 14:40 - Oct 20 with 1989 viewsBoundy

What a quandary it is for us Welsh folk , it seems as if National Labour are on course to win the next GE which will probably mean we will continue on this path of contrast sorrow led by donkeys in cardiff.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 16:15 - Oct 20 with 1951 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 14:40 - Oct 20 by Boundy

What a quandary it is for us Welsh folk , it seems as if National Labour are on course to win the next GE which will probably mean we will continue on this path of contrast sorrow led by donkeys in cardiff.

It's not a quandary. The apathy we have seen in wales seems to be spreading in England, people stopping voting instead of changing their vote, no it;s not a quandaty, it's a disaster.

With so many people disenfranchsed the politcans can and will do as they please. Lets hope Starmers Labour are made of good enough stuff and don't go the way of the tories or Welsh Labour.
Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 16:45 - Oct 20 with 1905 viewstrampie

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 16:15 - Oct 20 by SullutaCreturned

It's not a quandary. The apathy we have seen in wales seems to be spreading in England, people stopping voting instead of changing their vote, no it;s not a quandaty, it's a disaster.

With so many people disenfranchsed the politcans can and will do as they please. Lets hope Starmers Labour are made of good enough stuff and don't go the way of the tories or Welsh Labour.

Has any party had over 50% of the popular vote in any General Election in this country since the second world war ?, I doubt any party has in that timeframe.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 17:01 - Oct 20 with 1912 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 16:45 - Oct 20 by trampie

Has any party had over 50% of the popular vote in any General Election in this country since the second world war ?, I doubt any party has in that timeframe.

Well getting more than 49% of the electorate to actually vote would be a small success. At least in a GE there's usually 65-70% turnout. Maybe next GE we will see different figures, lower figures.

Has any winning party ever gotten 50% or more of the vote? Welsh Labour got 39.9% last time which means less than 20% of the total registered voters, voted Welsh labour.

More Welsh voters care about a GE than they do the Senedd.
Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 17:09 - Oct 20 with 1883 viewstrampie

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 17:01 - Oct 20 by SullutaCreturned

Well getting more than 49% of the electorate to actually vote would be a small success. At least in a GE there's usually 65-70% turnout. Maybe next GE we will see different figures, lower figures.

Has any winning party ever gotten 50% or more of the vote? Welsh Labour got 39.9% last time which means less than 20% of the total registered voters, voted Welsh labour.

No party since the war in General Elections get over 50% of the popular vote so does that mean in your book that no party has a mandate to government this country ? and it's been like that for the best part of a hundred years.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 08:05 - Oct 21 with 1793 viewsPawelAbbott

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 17:01 - Oct 20 by SullutaCreturned

I think most people have previously thought that the Welsh Assembly elections were rather irrelevant.
The 20mph limit has changed that. People will have woken up to the impact the WA has on their lives.
I think we will see a bigger turn out next time around
Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 08:51 - Oct 21 with 1758 viewsSullutaCreturned

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 17:09 - Oct 20 by trampie

No party since the war in General Elections get over 50% of the popular vote so does that mean in your book that no party has a mandate to government this country ? and it's been like that for the best part of a hundred years.

Complete failure of comprehension, it's ok I've been known to fail there too.

I never said that anybody had 50% of the popular vote, I said that the Senedd elections had never managed a 50% turnout.

In which case the Senedd can never claim to have a genuine mandate for anything whereas Wetsminster has a mandate even if it's not a "stonking mandate"

The lowest trnout for a GE since WW1 was actually in 1918 @57.2% which is almost 8% more than the Senedd elections have ever managed in it's 20 years.

Like I said, maybe after 13 years of this tory government the turnout will hit a new record low because, if the tory vote is anything to go by, they can't bring themselves to vote Labour or Libdem so they just didn't vote, the labour turnout was also low so maybe the apathy we've seen in Wales has spread.

This is why we need radical change in our political classes because right now they get free reign, they aren't given the shallacking they deserve for their incometence, negligence and outright chicanery.
Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 09:23 - Oct 21 with 1724 viewstrampie

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 08:51 - Oct 21 by SullutaCreturned

Complete failure of comprehension, it's ok I've been known to fail there too.

I never said that anybody had 50% of the popular vote, I said that the Senedd elections had never managed a 50% turnout.

In which case the Senedd can never claim to have a genuine mandate for anything whereas Wetsminster has a mandate even if it's not a "stonking mandate"

The lowest trnout for a GE since WW1 was actually in 1918 @57.2% which is almost 8% more than the Senedd elections have ever managed in it's 20 years.

Like I said, maybe after 13 years of this tory government the turnout will hit a new record low because, if the tory vote is anything to go by, they can't bring themselves to vote Labour or Libdem so they just didn't vote, the labour turnout was also low so maybe the apathy we've seen in Wales has spread.

This is why we need radical change in our political classes because right now they get free reign, they aren't given the shallacking they deserve for their incometence, negligence and outright chicanery.

I'm talking about your past record of virtually every election you seem to be saying that the winning party didn't get 50% of the total vote and me telling you that is normal that the winning party nearly always doesn't get over 50% of the vote, because not everyone votes and multiple parties competing.
You seem to have thought that you had hit on something but it is the norm, after Thatchers landslide win in 1983 do you think she didn't have a mandate because she did not have over 50% of the total possible vote ?

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 09:41 - Oct 21 with 1734 viewsDr_Winston

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 13:55 - Oct 20 by builthjack

Imagine if most Labour voters turned up to vote yesterday.
Only a few did and they smashed the Tory candidates.
Embarrassing for Slippery Sid.

Most Labour voters did turn up. As many as usually do in a General election. Very few of the Tories did. Which is why they lost. That is unlikely to happen in a GE.

That's the point. That is why Starmer will be taking nothing for granted.

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 10:15 - Oct 21 with 1711 viewsFireboy2

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 09:41 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

Most Labour voters did turn up. As many as usually do in a General election. Very few of the Tories did. Which is why they lost. That is unlikely to happen in a GE.

As you say, KS is keeping quiet atm letting the tories fvck themselves, I suspect he will be a tad more vocal in the run up to the election reeling off the reams of sh!te these lot have done over the last 13 years.
Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 10:43 - Oct 21 with 1702 viewsraynor94

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 10:15 - Oct 21 by Fireboy2

As you say, KS is keeping quiet atm letting the tories fvck themselves, I suspect he will be a tad more vocal in the run up to the election reeling off the reams of sh!te these lot have done over the last 13 years.

The quieter the better, he just comes across as so bland and boring.

We will never have a better chance of winning an election, I just hope Corbyn and his cronies stay schtum

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 11:44 - Oct 21 with 1681 viewsmax936

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 12:20 - Oct 20 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Apathy reigns supreme. I think people are finally cottoning on to the fact that a vote for any party is essentially a vote for the same thing.

This in spades, 100%

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 11:46 - Oct 21 with 1674 viewsmax936

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 12:52 - Oct 20 by Wingstandwood

Any M.P who has no intention to serve his/her constituency should be out of the door A.S.A.P. I cannot understand how its allowed.

Off subject i.e. time flies it seems like only yesterday she was "I'm a celebrity get me out of here". It's been eleven years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-20217901

Her and the word celebrity are worlds apart, you got to wonder what Boris saw in her

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 12:25 - Oct 21 with 1664 viewsbuilthjack

Labour overturn huge majorities to win both by elections on 09:41 - Oct 21 by Dr_Winston

That's just guesswork. you, or I, haven't a clue who turned up and who didn't. All we know about is the ones who did turn up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024