Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED 11:15 - Nov 30 with 7898 viewsModeratorC

Huddersfield Town - Going to be easy for the Swans ? 1st Dec 2023 10:56
Huddersfield Town are tomorrows visitors to the Swansea.Com Stadium (3pm) with a number of fans over the first eighteen games of the season not attending home fixtures. Many are seeing this game as a watershed moment for Swans head coach Michael Duff, others are just resigned to the fact this is going to be the worst season the club has had since relegation from the Premier League. 0

Has it ever been this frustrating ? Swans scrape a draw 2nd Dec 2023 18:00
Another afternoon of frustration was delivered by the Swans with three changes made to the starting line up. None of it worked and they all left the field at some point in the contest as the most obvious starting selections finished the game. 1

Duff all again as the Swans head coach looks forwards not back 2nd Dec 2023 21:31
Michael Duff is under pressure after a disappointing afternoon at the Swansea.Com Stadium. The Swans missed a large number of chances throughout the game and were saved by a ninety fourth minute equaliser from Charlie Patino. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:07 - Dec 2 with 1528 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 17:39 - Dec 2 by onehunglow

Going to a game should be enjoyable ,exciting not just a duty .
I’ve criticised our crowd for being too quiet but today,thoug a bad stream ,it was app@rent this ludicrous starting 11 killed us.
Right back Key replaced by ….who was taken off at half time.Proof that lunatics are running our club right now .
Patino a star of the future and a class u lad benched by he has been that is Fulton strolls around aimlessly misplacing passes and / or fouling opponents .
I read Bolasie shouldn’t be risked if not match fit.Right now, he could play from a wheelchair and still go past people. He is several classes above Huddersfield town and he should have started and see how he gets on.
It looks like he’s not spent his time in the pubs and clubs for a start ,whereas Yates looks like he never leaves them . Our worst buy for many seasons . Without doubt

Weds won today and this after drawing with he outstanding Leicester outfit so beware . They replaced their manager with bad results . Innit

I have to say despite what was happening on the pitch the crowd did their best to encourage the team ,IMO Fulton worked his socks off trying to make things happen and went off due to a knock in the back , which says a lot if he's become the creator in the middle,
Bolasie made an instant impact but had two doubling up on him once they realised the threat he posed and started to drift more to the middle and less effective
I lost count of how many corners we won but either they were struck high and dropping easily defended against as opposed to a low flat trajectory and how did Darling head the ball over the bar instead of heading it down beats me.
Bitterly cold and bitterly disappointing day all round

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:11 - Dec 2 with 1514 viewsAnotherJohn

Just about avoided complete disaster today but a result that wouldn't have looked that bad as a one-off looks terrible as part of a run of 5 winless home games. There are around 6 weak teams near the bottom (our reference group now), and I can just about see us having enough to rise above at least two or three, Bolasie and Patino did well today, as well as our ever-reliable (loan) keeper. Together with a fit Walsh, YB and CP may give us a bit more in midfield. Where we look really powder-puff though is in our striker department. I don't think either JY or LC have the skill set to be first-choice Championship strikers. I suppose the January window could make a difference, but my guess is that this is going to be a long hard season.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 18:16]
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:18 - Dec 2 with 1490 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:11 - Dec 2 by AnotherJohn

Just about avoided complete disaster today but a result that wouldn't have looked that bad as a one-off looks terrible as part of a run of 5 winless home games. There are around 6 weak teams near the bottom (our reference group now), and I can just about see us having enough to rise above at least two or three, Bolasie and Patino did well today, as well as our ever-reliable (loan) keeper. Together with a fit Walsh, YB and CP may give us a bit more in midfield. Where we look really powder-puff though is in our striker department. I don't think either JY or LC have the skill set to be first-choice Championship strikers. I suppose the January window could make a difference, but my guess is that this is going to be a long hard season.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 18:16]

21 points in 19 games is more like relegation form. last season if Reading hadn't been decuted 6, Cardiff would have gone down with 49 points.

We have to improve or we could easily be in trouble.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:35 - Dec 2 with 1438 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:07 - Dec 2 by Boundy

I have to say despite what was happening on the pitch the crowd did their best to encourage the team ,IMO Fulton worked his socks off trying to make things happen and went off due to a knock in the back , which says a lot if he's become the creator in the middle,
Bolasie made an instant impact but had two doubling up on him once they realised the threat he posed and started to drift more to the middle and less effective
I lost count of how many corners we won but either they were struck high and dropping easily defended against as opposed to a low flat trajectory and how did Darling head the ball over the bar instead of heading it down beats me.
Bitterly cold and bitterly disappointing day all round

Good riposte
He is still IMO pretty ineffective but there again ,so is his skipper .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 20:08 - Dec 2 with 1281 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 15:06 - Dec 2 by KeithHaynes

As stated yesterday in our pre match. Huddersfield will have limited possession, they will hit us in the break as they have done for the past four games. Thankfully the stadium filled up quickly before KO.

Another goal conceded to our keepers right.

as a result of another ball given away from Grimes he cost us Wednesday and again today

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 20:11 - Dec 2 with 1273 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 20:08 - Dec 2 by vetchonian

as a result of another ball given away from Grimes he cost us Wednesday and again today

I’ve pointed out before Zgrimes automatic selection is fundamental to our problems.
He slows everything down and basically gets in the way .
He is a good pro but sadly one we rely n for the wrong reasons .
Today, walking,strolling,passing to opposition,putrid token effort at a shot of goal and an utter lack of leadership.

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:40 - Dec 2 with 1164 viewsangryjack

You've got to understand these are on thousands and thousands a week what we could only dream of ans.d they are nowhere near good enough, it makes me sick what my club i love are paying these players and I lnow when I was younger could have done a better job ,just through luck it never happened makes me sick
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:41 - Dec 2 with 1157 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 20:08 - Dec 2 by vetchonian

Can’t disagree with that.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:45 - Dec 2 with 1134 viewsWhiterockin

I'm not defending Grimes, but we had long enough to sort it out and didn't. We were just not good enough.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2023 21:46]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:46 - Dec 2 with 1124 viewsKeithHaynes

Duff all again as the Swans head coach looks forwards not back 2nd Dec 2023 21:31
Michael Duff is under pressure after a disappointing afternoon at the Swansea.Com Stadium. The Swans missed a large number of chances throughout the game and were saved by a ninety fourth minute equaliser from Charlie Patino. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 10:25 - Dec 3 with 843 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:45 - Dec 2 by Whiterockin

I'm not defending Grimes, but we had long enough to sort it out and didn't. We were just not good enough.

I would say that given the opportunities we had, we were good enough, on another day we would've scored 3 possibly 4. I'm just as p'd off with the result as others are, but when the emotion is taken out of it, we were by far the better team but unfortunately the better team don't always win.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 10:31 - Dec 3 with 826 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 10:25 - Dec 3 by swan_si

I would say that given the opportunities we had, we were good enough, on another day we would've scored 3 possibly 4. I'm just as p'd off with the result as others are, but when the emotion is taken out of it, we were by far the better team but unfortunately the better team don't always win.

Hudds should have been 2 - 0 up on the stroke of half time
We would not have come back

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 10:33 - Dec 3 with 823 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 10:25 - Dec 3 by swan_si

We were far too slow in possession as usual and our shape which is normally good, is starting to look ragged. Yes we could easily have won it but we could have just as easily lost. Remember it took until the 94th minute to break them down for an equaliser. We had 17 shots yesterday off target, their keeper needed to be worked harder and with 19 corners our set plays need to be improved.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 12:09 - Dec 3 with 767 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 10:33 - Dec 3 by Whiterockin

We were far too slow in possession as usual and our shape which is normally good, is starting to look ragged. Yes we could easily have won it but we could have just as easily lost. Remember it took until the 94th minute to break them down for an equaliser. We had 17 shots yesterday off target, their keeper needed to be worked harder and with 19 corners our set plays need to be improved.

We were far too slow in possession yet we had 22 shots 17 off target, some of those off target shots were blocked or pushed away for a corner hence the 19 corners.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 18:10 - Dec 3 with 628 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:40 - Dec 2 by angryjack

You've got to understand these are on thousands and thousands a week what we could only dream of ans.d they are nowhere near good enough, it makes me sick what my club i love are paying these players and I lnow when I was younger could have done a better job ,just through luck it never happened makes me sick

Maybe the owners are reaping what they can while they can, try not to forget them honest and Swansea fc loving guys.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:31 - Dec 3 with 572 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:45 - Dec 2 by Whiterockin

we created chances their keeper saved from Fulton first half stopping us equalising,Pato shot over the bar,put one just wide.
We had loads of corners and where once we struggled to put in decent balls we now through Walsh Tymon and Patino seem to deliver quality crosses yet we struggle to finish them.
I think the reason Darling came on for Humphries was to offer more at corners whilst Humphries is growing defensively his contribution at corners and set pieces is lacking.
Yates squandered an opportunity by taking an extra touch rather than shooting first time early in the second half.So yes we had opportunity and time but it didn't happen. Positives for me yesterday we showed we can play football Rushworth hardly if at all kicked long from goal kicks,we created chances some off target but resulted in a high number of corners. Boalasie looks good.
I m not putting the blame on Grimes it was a reposte to the claim re Rushworths apparent weakness to his right highlighting Grimes' penchant fir giving the ball away....not for the first time recently his doing so has led to the oppostion scoring......

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 21:04 - Dec 3 with 520 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 19:31 - Dec 3 by vetchonian

we created chances their keeper saved from Fulton first half stopping us equalising,Pato shot over the bar,put one just wide.
We had loads of corners and where once we struggled to put in decent balls we now through Walsh Tymon and Patino seem to deliver quality crosses yet we struggle to finish them.
I think the reason Darling came on for Humphries was to offer more at corners whilst Humphries is growing defensively his contribution at corners and set pieces is lacking.
Yates squandered an opportunity by taking an extra touch rather than shooting first time early in the second half.So yes we had opportunity and time but it didn't happen. Positives for me yesterday we showed we can play football Rushworth hardly if at all kicked long from goal kicks,we created chances some off target but resulted in a high number of corners. Boalasie looks good.
I m not putting the blame on Grimes it was a reposte to the claim re Rushworths apparent weakness to his right highlighting Grimes' penchant fir giving the ball away....not for the first time recently his doing so has led to the oppostion scoring......

We created chances and got lots of corners because they spent almost the entire first half with everyone behind the ball.

The first half was probably the most Russell Martin performance we’ve had under Duff. Plenty of possession, no real cutting edge. Getting past the first bank of players, then being crowded out and slowly recycling it back to Gtimes or our centre backs who were unchallenged, but with an entire team between them and the goal on the halfway line.

Better in the second half when they tried to counter attack a bit and Bolasie caused a bit of panic.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Match day thread UPDATED on 12:52 - Dec 4 with 452 viewsRichardO

Think most have said they want Grimes further up the park but if he is that far up the pitch is he able to get back quick enough to cover mistakes either his own or others, in the end he drops back to cover the weakness in his game, if you want him in the team you have to have the right players alongside him, even an older Allen was able to cover better but that has taken a toll in a 90 minute game making Allen unavailable.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 18:08]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024