Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Drakeford 11:26 - Dec 13 with 13563 viewsraynor94

Has resigned with immediate effect

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mark Drakeford on 17:52 - Dec 17 with 1058 viewsKilkennyjack

Mark Drakeford on 16:43 - Dec 17 by pencoedjack

Yep but the idiots forget this đź‘Ť

Johnsons uk was the worst in the world.

Beware of the Risen People

Mark Drakeford on 18:05 - Dec 17 with 1042 viewsWhiterockin

Mark Drakeford on 16:18 - Dec 17 by SullutaCreturned

Yet our death rate was higher than England.

There were 248.1 deaths for every 100,000 people in Wales.

The numbers for England are 229.9 deaths per 100,000 people.

You can have integrity and compassion but still be useless. Mind you, those numbers are from the 5th May 2021, I can't be bothered to look for newer numbers!

Apparently the NHS in Wales struggles compared to England because we have more elderly people living in Wales and more illness. Surely that would equate to a higher percentage of deaths during a pandemic.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 18:23]
Mark Drakeford on 18:35 - Dec 17 with 1002 viewstrampie

Mark Drakeford on 18:05 - Dec 17 by Whiterockin

Apparently the NHS in Wales struggles compared to England because we have more elderly people living in Wales and more illness. Surely that would equate to a higher percentage of deaths during a pandemic.

The Welsh covid restrictions were more stringent designed to save lives, English restrictions were less stringent, if they die they die sort of attitude by the powers that be in England which we now know came from the top.
A polling company asked Welsh people if they were happy with Welsh Government COVID policy compared to England and Welsh people were happy, the same polling company asked English people if they were happy with their COVID measures compared to measures in Wales and the English were split a lot them would have preferred to have had Welsh covid measures in place in England.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mark Drakeford on 18:39 - Dec 17 with 1003 viewspencoedjack

Mark Drakeford on 17:52 - Dec 17 by Kilkennyjack

It was worse in Wales you thick tw*t.
Mark Drakeford on 18:41 - Dec 17 with 997 viewsFlashberryjack

Mark Drakeford on 18:39 - Dec 17 by pencoedjack

That's an insult to a tw*t.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mark Drakeford on 19:14 - Dec 17 with 946 viewsWingstandwood

Mark Drakeford on 18:41 - Dec 17 by Flashberryjack

His answer a few years back to my question on how Wales would be able to perform organ transplantation when Welsh patients would no longer have access to (Wales has none of certain type) English specialty hospitals, along with the loss of NHSBT and RAF expertise/Sea King medi-vac assistance? Was?

Welsh patients according to him would be flown over to European hospitals by means of EU airforce intervention and I guess with (He did not elaborate further) European organ donors happily providing organs to foreigners an ocean away, outside of their own nations health service/donation pool. Yeah that's so feasable?

Argus!

Mark Drakeford on 19:26 - Dec 17 with 929 viewspencoedjack

Mark Drakeford on 18:41 - Dec 17 by Flashberryjack

I don’t normally bother responding to the idiot.

I agree with you btw
Mark Drakeford on 20:01 - Dec 17 with 878 viewsmajorraglan

The situation in relation to Covid deaths is far straight forward and changed during the course of the pandemic. There were 3 main measures and the figures changed during the course of the pandemic. According to the first measure, deaths with Covid 19 on the death certificate Wales was worse than England, the second measure was deaths within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 and England was worse than Wales, in terms of excess deaths Wales excess death rate was 9% while England’s was 11%.
So, 2 out of the 3 measures reflect England having a higher death rate than Wales, but it’s far from straightforward and over 2 years I’m sure every politician will find a stat that will back their position.

It’s clear that the BAME community suffered higher mortality rates as did those areas where there are increased levels of poverty and social deprivation.

The two links give a bit of context.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/how-waless-covid-death-rate-27

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/uk-cumulative-covid-deaths-rate
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Drakeford on 20:04 - Dec 17 with 862 viewsmajorraglan

Mark Drakeford on 18:39 - Dec 17 by pencoedjack

Not the case. On some measures it was on others it wasn’t.
Mark Drakeford on 20:31 - Dec 17 with 830 viewsScotia

Mark Drakeford on 18:35 - Dec 17 by trampie

The Welsh covid restrictions were more stringent designed to save lives, English restrictions were less stringent, if they die they die sort of attitude by the powers that be in England which we now know came from the top.
A polling company asked Welsh people if they were happy with Welsh Government COVID policy compared to England and Welsh people were happy, the same polling company asked English people if they were happy with their COVID measures compared to measures in Wales and the English were split a lot them would have preferred to have had Welsh covid measures in place in England.

How did not being able to buy clothes in a supermarket but being able to buy alcohol and cigarettes in the same shop save lives?
Mark Drakeford on 20:57 - Dec 17 with 794 viewstrampie

Mark Drakeford on 20:31 - Dec 17 by Scotia

How did not being able to buy clothes in a supermarket but being able to buy alcohol and cigarettes in the same shop save lives?

National lockdowns in Wales, but not in England at certain times, i seen figures for one of the covid years and that particular year Wales had 7 days more of lockdowns than England did. Nightclubs shut in Wales, not in England, restrictions on the number of people indoors in certain situations in Wales not the same in England.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mark Drakeford on 09:09 - Dec 18 with 703 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mark Drakeford on 17:52 - Dec 17 by Kilkennyjack

More lies according to WHO stats the UK had the 26th worst death stats even then some countries official stats are very suspect as they do not have a compulsory system for recording deaths.

Once again you have been caught out lying.

Deaths per millions

1st Peru 6481
4th Hungary 4785
13th USA 3099
21st Italy
22nd Greece
23rd Belgium
25th Uk 2688

I do wish you would check your facts before posting properganda then you would not look so silly.

No sure what this has to do with post about Drakeford.

Another Drakefordism yesterday he said there is no shortage of talent to replace him. He said there were 18 female Labour MS but none are standing. That leaves 12 Labour MS so excluding Drakeford that makes 11 a very small talent pool. In his next sentence he says that is why he is so determined to push through his Senedd reforms to get 32 extra members to increase the talent pool.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mark Drakeford on 09:15 - Dec 18 with 699 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mark Drakeford on 20:01 - Dec 17 by majorraglan

The situation in relation to Covid deaths is far straight forward and changed during the course of the pandemic. There were 3 main measures and the figures changed during the course of the pandemic. According to the first measure, deaths with Covid 19 on the death certificate Wales was worse than England, the second measure was deaths within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 and England was worse than Wales, in terms of excess deaths Wales excess death rate was 9% while England’s was 11%.
So, 2 out of the 3 measures reflect England having a higher death rate than Wales, but it’s far from straightforward and over 2 years I’m sure every politician will find a stat that will back their position.

It’s clear that the BAME community suffered higher mortality rates as did those areas where there are increased levels of poverty and social deprivation.

The two links give a bit of context.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/how-waless-covid-death-rate-27

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/uk-cumulative-covid-deaths-rate

Correct the "official " Welsh Government figures were always released by the caveat they record all deaths in Hospitals , some deaths in care homes, some deaths at home
That was why the "official" Welsh government figures were 15% lower than deaths recorded on death certificates. In England the discrepancies were only about 2%.

Not sure why everyone is posting covoid comments on a Drakeford post.

Mark Drakeford on 09:17 - Dec 18 with 697 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mark Drakeford on 20:31 - Dec 17 by Scotia

Not sure Drakeford ever explained the science behind his thinking on that one.

Mark Drakeford on 09:18 - Dec 18 with 696 viewsonehunglow

Mark Drakeford on 18:05 - Dec 17 by Whiterockin

Seems common sense to me .
Other social factors made it worse too.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mark Drakeford on 09:32 - Dec 18 with 695 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mark Drakeford on 09:18 - Dec 18 by onehunglow

Seems common sense to me .
Other social factors made it worse too.

Average life expectancy in Wales 78.29 males 82.09 females
Average life expectancy in England 79.99 males 83.6 females

Seems people in England live extra 1.6 years.

Mark Drakeford on 09:36 - Dec 18 with 688 viewsBoundy

Mark Drakeford on 09:32 - Dec 18 by felixstowe_jack

The way this country's going I bet the English are envious of us Welsh folk

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mark Drakeford on 09:45 - Dec 18 with 682 viewsonehunglow

Mark Drakeford on 09:32 - Dec 18 by felixstowe_jack

I’d reckon folk in Suffolk has a much higher life expectancy whereas those in the likes ofRochdale inner city sink estates much lower

Mark Drakeford on 09:48 - Dec 18 with 681 viewsonehunglow

Mark Drakeford on 09:36 - Dec 18 by Boundy

The way this country's going I bet the English are envious of us Welsh folk

We normally have about three air bnb breaks in north Wales and regularly go to Bala for swimming but we have alternatives the same distance away and nearer .
Many up here spend loads of time in north Wales but this latest crock won’t encourage

Mark Drakeford on 09:52 - Dec 18 with 680 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mark Drakeford on 09:45 - Dec 18 by onehunglow

I’d reckon folk in Suffolk has a much higher life expectancy whereas those in the likes ofRochdale inner city sink estates much lower

Yes life expectancy varies from region with the factors most likely to lead to an early death being , smoking, excess alcohol, drug taking lack of exercise and obesity.

All these seem to be higher is so called areas of deprivation where people seem to prioritise smoking, drinking and over eating rather than a healthy lifestyle.

Mark Drakeford on 10:13 - Dec 18 with 669 viewsonehunglow

Mark Drakeford on 09:52 - Dec 18 by felixstowe_jack

Yes life expectancy varies from region with the factors most likely to lead to an early death being , smoking, excess alcohol, drug taking lack of exercise and obesity.

All these seem to be higher is so called areas of deprivation where people seem to prioritise smoking, drinking and over eating rather than a healthy lifestyle.

Even a cursory look at the folk at ,say,an airport will evidence our problem.
Obese,badly behaved and over indulged kids whist “ patents” are on the Carling at 6am . Badly dressed and over pieced .

It’s amazing how smartly dressed people are more proud of their appearance in public .

Mark Drakeford on 10:14 - Dec 18 with 669 viewspencoedjack

Mark Drakeford on 09:17 - Dec 18 by felixstowe_jack

Not sure Drakeford ever explained the science behind his thinking on that one.

I really do not get how anyone can think Drakeford has done a good job for Wales.

Is it really worth engaging with these people?
Mark Drakeford on 10:22 - Dec 18 with 658 viewsJumpingJackFlash

The idea that England and Wales can have different outcomes from a pandemic with an open border is ridiculous. Covid doesn’t recognise arbitrary boundaries.

Slightly different approaches may have short term slightly different outcomes but, over time, the outcomes will be broadly the same with regional differences down to the demographic make up of those regions.

There should have been a united approach from the start in mainland UK.
Mark Drakeford on 10:23 - Dec 18 with 658 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mark Drakeford on 10:14 - Dec 18 by pencoedjack

I really do not get how anyone can think Drakeford has done a good job for Wales.

Unless you try to educate them and present the facts they will keep voting the same way as their dad, mam and grandparents before them.

Mark Drakeford on 10:24 - Dec 18 with 657 viewsonehunglow

Mark Drakeford on 10:14 - Dec 18 by pencoedjack

I’ve just pulled the p,up on tramps as Inwas getting angry and taken Keith’s advice,again,to shove on ignore. Rather cowardly though I must say.
These Indys seem dangerous in that they seek to divide folk not unite .

The majority do not want either independent nor a senate . Why? Because we are insular,tribal and parochial,make worse now by wokeishness

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024