Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Airport 10:18 - Jan 13 with 10487 viewsjohnlangy

I know you're all desperate to use and support our Welsh airport based in RHOOSE.

So here is the list of flights available for your delectation and delight in the coming year.

Ryanair ✈️
4 flights a week to Dublin 🇮🇪
3 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
3 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
1 flight a week to Tenerife 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Faro 🇵🇹
Vueling ✈️
3 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
KLM ✈️
3 flights a day to Amsterdam 🇳🇱
Loganair ✈️
6 flights a week to Edinburgh 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Aer Lingus ✈️
Daily flights to Belfast City ☘️
Balkan Holidays ✈️
Saturday flights to Bulgaria 🇧🇬
TUI ✈️
6 flights a week to Palma 🇪🇸
3 flights a week to Dalaman 🇹🇷
3 flights a week to Antalya 🇹🇷
3 flights a week to Tenerife 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Larnaca 🇨🇾
2 flights a week to Tunisia 🇹🇳
2 flights a week to Lanzarote 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Paphos 🇨🇾
2 flights a week to Ibiza 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Corfu 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Alicante 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Rhodes 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Malaga 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Menorca 🇪🇸
2 flights a week to Zante 🇬🇷
2 flights a week to Bulgaria 🇧🇬
2 flights a week to Kos 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Dubrovnik 🇭🇷
1 flight a week to Kefalonia 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Reus 🇪🇸
1 fight a week to Crete 🇬🇷
1 flight a week to Gran Canaria 🇪🇸

Enjoy
Cardiff Airport on 22:33 - Jan 24 with 1843 viewsKilkennyjack

Cardiff Airport on 14:23 - Jan 24 by Boundy

appearance and fact are not the same , maybe I'm more truthful unlike those who like your self ignore the facts that we as Nation have not prospered in over 20 years, if you care to to provide evidence that we have improved in terms of education , job creation, social care , welfare ,transport all of which come under r the remit of Cardiff then please do

The last 14 years of Tory London government have been a disaster for Wales.
You support this dead union that fails Wales.

I have concluded that the Rowan and Prof Laura are correct, it cant carry on in the modern world. Why dont you get someone to read their new report to you…?

The uk has huge national debt, Brexit trade barriers, the small boats, and PPE corruption .

Where is the HS2 money for Wales ?
We are owed millions.

Beware of the Risen People

Cardiff Airport on 22:43 - Jan 24 with 1839 viewsmax936

Cardiff Airport on 18:42 - Jan 21 by AnotherJohn

That is the way I usually go and was trying to improve on. Lots of narrow bits and I have a big car.

Same here, those lanes are torture, was up at Barry today with work and work van is a big old lump, I know Barry reasonably well these days as I often get work up there, went straight up M4 A48 off at Culverhouse Cross and went straight across and off Port Road down to job, went back same way. often go off at Pencoed and up A48 then cut across right at traffic lights, I go Ogmore way as well up past Monk Nash, Llanwitt Major etc.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Cardiff Airport on 14:21 - Jan 25 with 1774 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cardiff Airport on 22:33 - Jan 24 by Kilkennyjack

I have concluded that the Rowan and Prof Laura are correct, it cant carry on in the modern world. Why dont you get someone to read their new report to you…?

The uk has huge national debt, Brexit trade barriers, the small boats, and PPE corruption .

We are owed millions.

Bit like the 25 years of labour rule in Wales. Despite getting 20% per person more than the UK average the Welsh NHS, Welsh education, Welsh local Government all perform worse than tye rest of the UK.

Not sure anyone would listen to the view of yet another academic like Rowan who was a disaster as the Archbishop of Canterbury. Mine you he was a useless prefect when he was in my school in Swansea.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Cardiff Airport on 16:54 - Jan 25 with 1741 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Airport on 22:33 - Jan 24 by Kilkennyjack

We are owed millions.

Just for you as you seem to have a unerring ability to be unable to absorb information when presented to you . I've never ever voted tory in my life but there's nothing that Labour has in the recent past (Blairs' golden years ) now Drakeford's monumental ++++ up and more to come then couldn't I consider voting for them either . The labour party of today bares no resemblance to the days of Wilson , Foot Smith and dare I say Kinnock ( although he turned out to be another traitor to the ideology of europe )

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff Airport on 06:28 - Feb 15 with 1609 viewsWhiterockin

The figures are really worrying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-68294274
Cardiff Airport on 09:25 - Feb 15 with 1537 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Airport on 06:28 - Feb 15 by Whiterockin

The figures are really worrying.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-68294274

To us the tax payer but to them , nah its not their money so why would they worry.

Edit extremely poor speeling
[Post edited 15 Feb 11:57]

Cardiff Airport on 10:03 - Feb 15 with 1530 viewsDr_Winston

Cardiff Airport on 09:25 - Feb 15 by Boundy

To us the tax payer but to them , nah its not their money so why would they worry.

Edit extremely poor speeling
[Post edited 15 Feb 11:57]

Cardi... I mean Wales must have an airport, no matter how much it costs someone other than those making such decisions.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff Airport on 07:50 - Feb 16 with 1379 viewsGwyn737

I’d like to know where the figure of £240 million generated for the economy by having the airport came from.

If (and it’s a big if) it’s accurate, or the value generated to the wider economy exceeds what the WAG are pumping in, then you can argue it’s worth it.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Airport on 17:28 - Feb 16 with 1312 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Airport on 07:50 - Feb 16 by Gwyn737

I’d like to know where the figure of £240 million generated for the economy by having the airport came from.

If (and it’s a big if) it’s accurate, or the value generated to the wider economy exceeds what the WAG are pumping in, then you can argue it’s worth it.

They make this claim but I've never seen it backed up with figures.

So maybe the Senedd should publish their reasoning for that claim, that they haven't suggests to me that something is wrong.
Cardiff Airport on 18:01 - Feb 16 with 1302 viewsFlashberryjack

Cardiff Airport on 17:28 - Feb 16 by SullutaCreturned

They make this claim but I've never seen it backed up with figures.

So maybe the Senedd should publish their reasoning for that claim, that they haven't suggests to me that something is wrong.

If the Senedd had to publish their reasoning behind all their barmy schemes, maybe there wouldn't be so many barmy schemes.
[Post edited 16 Feb 21:03]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Cardiff Airport on 23:56 - Feb 16 with 1255 viewsmajorraglan

Cardiff Airport on 07:50 - Feb 16 by Gwyn737

BA have a very large maintenance facility in Cardiff which is used to service some of their wide bodied aircraft, I’d have thought that’s factored in to the figures. GE have a massive jet engine servicing facility in Nantgarw, do they service BA jet engines or are engines flown in by other airlines to Cardiff?

Cardiff’s runway is quite large for a regional airport and can take the A380 which Bristol can’t.
Cardiff Airport on 09:39 - Feb 17 with 1197 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Airport on 23:56 - Feb 16 by majorraglan

BA have a very large maintenance facility in Cardiff which is used to service some of their wide bodied aircraft, I’d have thought that’s factored in to the figures. GE have a massive jet engine servicing facility in Nantgarw, do they service BA jet engines or are engines flown in by other airlines to Cardiff?

Cardiff’s runway is quite large for a regional airport and can take the A380 which Bristol can’t.

If that side is profitable does the Senedd really need to pump money in to keep the passenger side going or is it just a vanity project.
Cardiff Airport on 10:08 - Feb 17 with 1176 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Airport on 09:39 - Feb 17 by Whiterockin

If that side is profitable does the Senedd really need to pump money in to keep the passenger side going or is it just a vanity project.

and isn't GE a private enterprise ?

Cardiff Airport on 22:25 - Feb 17 with 1122 viewsSullutaCreturned

Cardiff Airport on 09:39 - Feb 17 by Whiterockin

Yeah stop the passenger side and expand the facilities for the GE side and try to attract other airlines in.

Make the right business decision.
Cardiff Airport on 00:16 - Feb 22 with 944 viewsReslovenSwan1

No big deal for me if it loses £5m per year. Very small potatoes for a good employers and a national asset. If the loss is this low profitability could be a prospect in future years.

The King could cover the losses out of his own pocket with the money Welsh taxpayers give him losing out on the profits off offshore wind farms

£5m =£1.56 per Welsh head or £3.50 per Welsh taxpayer. Bargain.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cardiff Airport on 09:03 - Feb 22 with 881 viewsBoundy

Cardiff Airport on 00:16 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

No big deal for me if it loses £5m per year. Very small potatoes for a good employers and a national asset. If the loss is this low profitability could be a prospect in future years.

The King could cover the losses out of his own pocket with the money Welsh taxpayers give him losing out on the profits off offshore wind farms

£5m =£1.56 per Welsh head or £3.50 per Welsh taxpayer. Bargain.

You think that losing money is ok , I certainly don't its my taxes which are contributing to the airport . Its not just 5 million far from it , its already a had a loan of 42 million written off and continues to have grants to keep it going. Why does the Welsh taxpayer have to pay for this disaster the majority of whom never use it., sell it back into the hands of a private enterprise and either it will succeed or fail as do many other businesses. Its just another vanity project, one of which is just another to add to a rising list of wasteful enterprises all in the name of the assembly.

Cardiff Airport on 16:41 - Feb 22 with 818 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cardiff Airport on 09:03 - Feb 22 by Boundy

You think that losing money is ok , I certainly don't its my taxes which are contributing to the airport . Its not just 5 million far from it , its already a had a loan of 42 million written off and continues to have grants to keep it going. Why does the Welsh taxpayer have to pay for this disaster the majority of whom never use it., sell it back into the hands of a private enterprise and either it will succeed or fail as do many other businesses. Its just another vanity project, one of which is just another to add to a rising list of wasteful enterprises all in the name of the assembly.

The annual accounting losses are only £5m which looks like progress. Hopefully they can start making profits and pay back the loan. It is a transport facilty o for Wales and in my view is essential. A national asset.

It is not unusual to see transport subsidised. Londoners with millions of journeys still cannot charge properly to make a profit and pay for themselves. Fair dodging is rampant.

"Ministers and Transport for London (TfL) agree £250 million in government funding to upgrade London's transport system. I am pleased to be able to inform the House that today (18 December 2023) the government has agreed a capital funding settlement for 2024 with Transport for London ( TfL )"

That is £9 per head for UK taxpayers. Most Welsh never go near the place.
[Post edited 22 Feb 16:44]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cardiff Airport on 18:54 - Mar 26 with 623 viewsWhiterockin

Another one bites the dust.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/another-airline-pulls-out-cardiff-
Cardiff Airport on 20:53 - Mar 26 with 555 viewsScotia

Cardiff Airport on 16:41 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

The annual accounting losses are only £5m which looks like progress. Hopefully they can start making profits and pay back the loan. It is a transport facilty o for Wales and in my view is essential. A national asset.

It is not unusual to see transport subsidised. Londoners with millions of journeys still cannot charge properly to make a profit and pay for themselves. Fair dodging is rampant.

"Ministers and Transport for London (TfL) agree £250 million in government funding to upgrade London's transport system. I am pleased to be able to inform the House that today (18 December 2023) the government has agreed a capital funding settlement for 2024 with Transport for London ( TfL )"

I'm pretty certain more Welsh people use TFL services than use Cardiff Airport. TFL ran at a surplus of nearly £80 million this financial year apparently, as they aren't for profit it should be reinvested.

I agree an airport was essential, but it needs to be run in a more business like way. At the moment it's a Welsh Government run disaster, absolute disaster and Bristol or Birmingham is better, cheaper and more convenient. We've lost.

WG should have used the end of travel restrictions post COVID as a kick starter and they didn't. They actually asked Europe's biggest airline not to fly.
Cardiff Airport on 22:59 - Mar 26 with 520 viewsAnotherJohn

Cardiff Airport on 18:54 - Mar 26 by Whiterockin

Another one bites the dust.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/another-airline-pulls-out-cardiff-

The article also says the plan to resume the Qatar flights has been put on hold. I hadn't seen that before.
Cardiff Airport on 01:06 - Mar 27 with 479 viewsRobbie

Unfortunate to say the few jolly boy outing flights have been from Bristol .

Couple of quid to hire a minibus , cheapies to Prague , Newcastle and more .

CWL is not attractive , they cannot survive on the pledge of being the gateway to Europe .

Pains me to say it , to many an assest , to me , a waste of Welsh Taxpayers money .
Cardiff Airport on 08:48 - Mar 27 with 414 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cardiff Airport on 16:41 - Feb 22 by ReslovenSwan1

Clearly you have never been on a train to London. 52 from Newport. 48 from Cardiff and 35 from Swansea 12 from Carmarthen every week day.

Cardiff Airport on 10:21 - Mar 27 with 385 viewscontroversial_jack

Cardiff Airport on 08:48 - Mar 27 by felixstowe_jack

Clearly you have never been on a train to London. 52 from Newport. 48 from Cardiff and 35 from Swansea 12 from Carmarthen every week day.

Have you seen the prices?
Cardiff Airport on 14:31 - Mar 27 with 306 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cardiff Airport on 10:21 - Mar 27 by controversial_jack

Costs me £27.75 each way to travel from Felixstowe to Swansea if booked in advance.

The same journey would cost £45 each way in fuel costs alone let alone the cost of wear and tear on the car.

Cardiff Airport on 15:26 - Mar 27 with 269 viewsWhiterockin

Cardiff Airport on 10:21 - Mar 27 by controversial_jack

Just checked as a matter of interest. Booking in advance with my railcard tickets from £22.10 each way Swansea to Paddington. I often get an email when there is a sale for cheaper fares.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024