Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we do with Jerry 09:43 - Jan 14 with 7474 viewsonehunglow

Any ideas
Are we to wait until he comes good,gets confidence,fit ?
Or simply accept the folly of his signing and keep him benched or loan him to somebody .
We can’t go on with just Lowe as a striker and the Ukrainian nowhere in the reckoning .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What do we do with Jerry on 14:37 - Jan 17 with 1150 viewsangryjack

What do we do with Jerry on 14:28 - Jan 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Yates was loved at Blackpool playing in a struggling side at Championship level. It does not make much sense that he is a poor player. remember Gyokeres ("useless") Whitaker ("useless").

Yates is not showing what he did at Blackpool and before. It is Williams 's job to find the answer. From what I have seen he stays central for Swansea.

Did nothing before Blackpool, he was a six week wander that's all he has Been...
What do we do with Jerry on 15:05 - Jan 17 with 1125 viewsWhiterockin

What do we do with Jerry on 14:28 - Jan 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Yates was loved at Blackpool playing in a struggling side at Championship level. It does not make much sense that he is a poor player. remember Gyokeres ("useless") Whitaker ("useless").

Yates is not showing what he did at Blackpool and before. It is Williams 's job to find the answer. From what I have seen he stays central for Swansea.

Yates is showing what he did at Blackpool. His goals per 90 minutes in the league with us is 0.33. With Blackpool last season it was 0.37 and the season before 0.35, both those seasons were including the penalties he scored. Very little difference over the three seasons when you concider the penalties, yes the Yates we are seeing is exactly what he is.
What do we do with Jerry on 15:38 - Jan 17 with 1088 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 14:37 - Jan 17 by angryjack

Did nothing before Blackpool, he was a six week wander that's all he has Been...

Six weeks !
Jeeez

What do we do with Jerry on 15:38 - Jan 17 with 1088 viewsKeithHaynes

What do we do with Jerry on 15:05 - Jan 17 by Whiterockin

Yates is showing what he did at Blackpool. His goals per 90 minutes in the league with us is 0.33. With Blackpool last season it was 0.37 and the season before 0.35, both those seasons were including the penalties he scored. Very little difference over the three seasons when you concider the penalties, yes the Yates we are seeing is exactly what he is.

You would have thought Watson would have checked out his other match stats before signing him, they aren’t all that. Bought for Duff and his idea of what a championship striker looks like rather than the style the Swans were and now are going to have to get used to.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What do we do with Jerry on 15:42 - Jan 17 with 1076 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 15:38 - Jan 17 by KeithHaynes

You would have thought Watson would have checked out his other match stats before signing him, they aren’t all that. Bought for Duff and his idea of what a championship striker looks like rather than the style the Swans were and now are going to have to get used to.

Could anyone take him on loan , Keith

What do we do with Jerry on 15:51 - Jan 17 with 1064 viewsWhiterockin

I think he is what he is, he really doesn't offer much. I believe that if we had played Cullen in the role Yates had we would have been no worse off probably better and saved £2.5M. Agreed that you would have thought Watson and his team would have researched him properly. Did they even watch him because the majority of our supporters who watch him can clearly see he is not up to it.
What do we do with Jerry on 16:53 - Jan 17 with 1008 viewsangryjack

What do we do with Jerry on 15:42 - Jan 17 by onehunglow

Could anyone take him on loan , Keith

Cwm albion Britain's worst team looking for a striker.. maybe get place on the bench
[Post edited 17 Jan 16:53]
What do we do with Jerry on 17:36 - Jan 17 with 973 viewsmax936

Be lucky to get 500k for him with the way things are now, can he improve/come good, who knows, doesn't seem to have pace, can't jump, lacks instinctiveness and struggles with the ball at his feet, looks like a winner to me

He's had his moments, his last goal was more than decent, needs players he trusts around him and those who can read him perhaps, shame really for him and us after our outlay for him.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

What do we do with Jerry on 17:50 - Jan 17 with 959 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 16:53 - Jan 17 by angryjack

Cwm albion Britain's worst team looking for a striker.. maybe get place on the bench
[Post edited 17 Jan 16:53]

I was think of somewhere like Zmirecombe
It's near his last place of employment where the fans loved him

What do we do with Jerry on 21:02 - Jan 17 with 895 viewsReslovenSwan1

What do we do with Jerry on 15:38 - Jan 17 by onehunglow

Six weeks !
Jeeez

Four decent seasons of which three were very decent. Rising form League 2 to Championship smoothly.

If he went back to league 1 evidence suggests he would make hay (20 goals+). I back him to come good. There must be some reason he was loved in Blackpool and rated by Watson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Yates

Swansea do not create enough chances.

Wise sage since Toshack era

What do we do with Jerry on 21:08 - Jan 17 with 874 viewsWhiterockin

What do we do with Jerry on 21:02 - Jan 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Four decent seasons of which three were very decent. Rising form League 2 to Championship smoothly.

If he went back to league 1 evidence suggests he would make hay (20 goals+). I back him to come good. There must be some reason he was loved in Blackpool and rated by Watson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Yates

Swansea do not create enough chances.

As I posted above.

What do we do with Jerry on 21:26 - Jan 17 with 838 viewsReslovenSwan1

What do we do with Jerry on 21:08 - Jan 17 by Whiterockin

As I posted above.

Somebody suggested he was signed on the basis of a 6 week golden spell. This is not true.

If he continues to play each week and gets penalties he could get 15-20 goals this season which very few Swansea centre forwards achieve. Scotland was not showed love either.

What do we do with Jerry on 21:34 - Jan 17 with 819 viewsmax936

What do we do with Jerry on 21:26 - Jan 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Somebody suggested he was signed on the basis of a 6 week golden spell. This is not true.

If he continues to play each week and gets penalties he could get 15-20 goals this season which very few Swansea centre forwards achieve. Scotland was not showed love either.

Yates will never be the player Scotland was or score anywhere near the goals he scored and Yates should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Scotland and he was loved, by people who apricated him of which the majority did, without argument!

What do we do with Jerry on 21:50 - Jan 17 with 791 viewsFlashberryjack

Offer him to Blackpool in return for Kyle Joseph.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What do we do with Jerry on 22:07 - Jan 17 with 776 viewsangryjack

What do we do with Jerry on 21:26 - Jan 17 by ReslovenSwan1

If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle...
What do we do with Jerry on 22:24 - Jan 17 with 768 viewsReslovenSwan1

What do we do with Jerry on 22:07 - Jan 17 by angryjack

If my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle...

Swansea do not create enough chances. Jerry is not the problem. Luke Williams has practically admitted it. Who else will score?

What do we do with Jerry on 22:30 - Jan 17 with 759 viewsWhiterockin

What do we do with Jerry on 22:24 - Jan 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Swansea do not create enough chances. Jerry is not the problem. Luke Williams has practically admitted it. Who else will score?

Defend him as much as you like, his stats this season are the same as the previous two when you dig into them. Yes Yates is the problem history has shown this season is what you get.
What do we do with Jerry on 23:24 - Jan 17 with 716 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 22:24 - Jan 17 by ReslovenSwan1

Williams has had one full league game
It's as bad as me slagging off russy after one game
You might be right though
Who knows

What do we do with Jerry on 07:49 - Jan 21 with 580 viewsangryjack

It was bad enough sering him sh!t out of the keeper last week,but newing afraid of getting hurt by the post is even worse,this bloke shouldn't be anywhere near a pro club..
What do we do with Jerry on 09:42 - Jan 21 with 508 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 07:49 - Jan 21 by angryjack

It was bad enough sering him sh!t out of the keeper last week,but newing afraid of getting hurt by the post is even worse,this bloke shouldn't be anywhere near a pro club..

Wifey and me were walking on our local park after the game and we actually played out that scenario.
Wifey reckoned Jerry is incredible but for the wrong reason.
It was almost impossible to miss

What do we do with Jerry on 09:48 - Jan 21 with 492 viewsbuilthjack

He did more in 25 minutes yesterday than Lowe did in 65.
They are both shite though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What do we do with Jerry on 09:52 - Jan 21 with 482 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 09:48 - Jan 21 by builthjack

Well,Lowe took a knock to get us a decent goal.
However,it’s hard to disagree with yiu.
Lowe is so one sided it’s pitiful,

What do we do with Jerry on 11:01 - Jan 21 with 434 viewsKeithHaynes

What do we do with Jerry on 09:48 - Jan 21 by builthjack

I think Lowe is a genuinely decent player, and brave. His goal last week was pretty special. As was the goal at Ipswich, if only our Jerry had those attributes.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What do we do with Jerry on 11:21 - Jan 21 with 410 viewsAnotherJohn

What do we do with Jerry on 21:50 - Jan 17 by Flashberryjack

Offer him to Blackpool in return for Kyle Joseph.

I couldn't help noticing Joseph starring in the recent cup game and looking twice the player Jerry is.
[Post edited 21 Jan 11:22]
What do we do with Jerry on 12:08 - Jan 21 with 357 viewsmax936

Watching Leeds v Preston and Will Keane just scored, that's the difference between an instinctive striker and Yates.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024