Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we do with Jerry 09:43 - Jan 14 with 7475 viewsonehunglow

Any ideas
Are we to wait until he comes good,gets confidence,fit ?
Or simply accept the folly of his signing and keep him benched or loan him to somebody .
We can’t go on with just Lowe as a striker and the Ukrainian nowhere in the reckoning .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What do we do with Jerry on 17:02 - Jan 14 with 1084 viewsRhonddaSwans

What do we do with Jerry on 16:31 - Jan 14 by KeithHaynes

Well, first impressions yesterday weren’t good mate.
He could have won us the game as could Joey.

When he come on I said to the lads by me what is going on.
We did come to the conclusion awesome song shit player.

On another day he catches that opportunity and scores.

As for the Allen chance it was right Infront of me , he didn't sort his feet out in time the ball more or less megged.

I think under Luke Williams he will improve, The biggest question in my mind is will he ever be a lone striker?

He is a big lad that can't hold the ball up.
He has no real pace.
His timing on his runs is all over the place.
He doesn't seem to get many chances to header from set pieces.
(even though the ball is aimed right at him)

Positive he scored alot last season for blackpool who were relegated....

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

W hat do we do with Jerry on 17:33 - Jan 14 with 1045 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jerry has scored 7 so should be reasonably confident. He is probably comparable with Dwight Gayle as a goal scorer outside the Premier league.

In the EFL Jerry (27) has bagged an impressive 83 goals in 290 games. This includes a slow start in his career. All the evidence suggests he will score if provided with clear cut chances.

Dwight Gayle (34) it seems to me was a goal scorer but in general did not contribute much outside the red zone. He is at the end now I suspect. 98 goals in 314 games in the EFL.

Swansea do not create enough chances for a player like Jerry to do his stuff.

Wise sage since Toshack era

What do we do with Jerry on 17:45 - Jan 14 with 1021 viewsWhiterockin

He used to be a regular starter and first choice up front. Now he has been deemed not good enough to start. Unless he forces his way back into the starting line up quickly there is only one way he is going.
W hat do we do with Jerry on 17:55 - Jan 14 with 999 viewsjack247

W hat do we do with Jerry on 17:33 - Jan 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Jerry has scored 7 so should be reasonably confident. He is probably comparable with Dwight Gayle as a goal scorer outside the Premier league.

In the EFL Jerry (27) has bagged an impressive 83 goals in 290 games. This includes a slow start in his career. All the evidence suggests he will score if provided with clear cut chances.

Dwight Gayle (34) it seems to me was a goal scorer but in general did not contribute much outside the red zone. He is at the end now I suspect. 98 goals in 314 games in the EFL.

Swansea do not create enough chances for a player like Jerry to do his stuff.

Dwight Gayle at his peak wasn’t just a goal scorer. He had pace and acceleration, which stopped opponents playing a high line and afforded the creative players more time and space on the ball in the final third. Dan James sort of did the same for us which benefited Celina.

I’m not ready to give up on Yates yet. He’s here to put away chances like yesterday’s and I’m still confident he will. I agree with you, he needs better service than he’s had. We are likely to create more chances under Williams. Yates and Cullen are still our best finishers.
What do we do with Jerry on 18:05 - Jan 14 with 976 viewsBoundy

What do we do with Jerry on 14:37 - Jan 14 by RhonddaSwans

Put a wig on him call him jerrylena and send him over to the Swans ladies team.

All seriousness though getting on his back and hitting a man when he is down is sad.

I reckon with an arm around him and some proper development of his roll he will come good!

Mark this post I believe in Jerry!

JERRY JERRY JERRY

Who says he's down , and if he is then he needs to take a good look at himself, we drew that game the moment Lowe went off . He needs a kick up the arris not an arm on his shoulder , he's very well paid to do a job one so far which is way above his pay grade .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

W hat do we do with Jerry on 18:26 - Jan 14 with 934 viewsangryjack

W hat do we do with Jerry on 17:55 - Jan 14 by jack247

Dwight Gayle at his peak wasn’t just a goal scorer. He had pace and acceleration, which stopped opponents playing a high line and afforded the creative players more time and space on the ball in the final third. Dan James sort of did the same for us which benefited Celina.

I’m not ready to give up on Yates yet. He’s here to put away chances like yesterday’s and I’m still confident he will. I agree with you, he needs better service than he’s had. We are likely to create more chances under Williams. Yates and Cullen are still our best finishers.

You look at lowest goal yesterday.as soon as the ball went to tymon,Lowe was already looking to get in front of his man,I guarantee you if that was jerry the defender would have got there first,so yhe service is there but when yates is on it looks like bad service,the player receiving gas got to make the ball a good ball as well,that one that came into the Bix for him he pulled our as he gad one eye on the keeper..not brave enough and not quick thinking enough to make the run early
W hat do we do with Jerry on 18:29 - Jan 14 with 931 viewsonehunglow

W hat do we do with Jerry on 17:55 - Jan 14 by jack247

On what grounds are you confident
Is it something you have seen or do you simply hope
He has shown nothing
We need a striker of some worth
He is not

W hat do we do with Jerry on 18:36 - Jan 14 with 927 viewsjack247

W hat do we do with Jerry on 18:29 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

On what grounds are you confident
Is it something you have seen or do you simply hope
He has shown nothing
We need a striker of some worth
He is not

We’re going to create (and concede) a lot more chances than we have done so far this season if yesterday is anything to go by.

Whoever plays up front isn’t going to be isolated or playing back to goal a long way out.

If we were going to persist with the sort of football we played under Duff, I wouldn’t be confident at all.
Login to get fewer ads

W hat do we do with Jerry on 21:35 - Jan 14 with 853 viewsonehunglow

W hat do we do with Jerry on 18:36 - Jan 14 by jack247

We’re going to create (and concede) a lot more chances than we have done so far this season if yesterday is anything to go by.

Whoever plays up front isn’t going to be isolated or playing back to goal a long way out.

If we were going to persist with the sort of football we played under Duff, I wouldn’t be confident at all.

Nice reply
Don't share your sanguine attitude though

What do we do with Jerry on 22:36 - Jan 14 with 803 viewsDr_Winston

It's a perfect example of the general standard of football supporters these days that our top scorer has been selected to be the season's scapegoat.

Not the first time this has happened at Swansea City, which is a story in itself, but still pretty bonkers. You'd expect people like Perchy and angryjack to be full of hatred. They have nothing else to offer. But other, infinitely more sensible people are piling in and it makes me wonder.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

What do we do with Jerry on 08:06 - Jan 15 with 734 viewsKeithHaynes

What do we do with Jerry on 22:36 - Jan 14 by Dr_Winston

It's a perfect example of the general standard of football supporters these days that our top scorer has been selected to be the season's scapegoat.

Not the first time this has happened at Swansea City, which is a story in itself, but still pretty bonkers. You'd expect people like Perchy and angryjack to be full of hatred. They have nothing else to offer. But other, infinitely more sensible people are piling in and it makes me wonder.

I would be happier if Jerry did anything other than score 7 goals, no assists, his stats are horrendous for giving the ball away or not holding the ball up. However, my personal position is clear, he has to come good, his all round game is atrocious.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What do we do with Jerry on 09:05 - Jan 15 with 695 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 08:06 - Jan 15 by KeithHaynes

I would be happier if Jerry did anything other than score 7 goals, no assists, his stats are horrendous for giving the ball away or not holding the ball up. However, my personal position is clear, he has to come good, his all round game is atrocious.

Sometimes,we over analyse that which we see in sport especially football.
This is where we see some reckoning they are somehow better equipped to judge a player . It’s why we see specific players “slagged off”whilst others feel inclined to defend the player against what they see as heresy . Fans have done this since the first football game ever played .
It is part and parcel of the game .
We speak or comment on this forum mainly on the here and now,or we should do. Often we fail as emotion takes over and that’s fine .
With this individual ,we see a probably thoroughly decent chap appearing to be so utterly out of his depth it’s painful to w@tch . I feel for Jerry Heyes . It’s not his fault he is physically weak,lacks specific skills,physical courage too sadly as well as emotional strength . He looks forlorn .
Will he come good? Hopefully he will but how? Fans support won’t help him much .Thus far,it’s hard to see any raw material ,which begs the question which clown decided to spend north of 2 million quid for his services.
We sold a good young prospect for half that fee ,one who looks like he will be going to a Premier League club . It makes Jerry s plight look worse .

Hope. It’s ll we have .

What do we do with Jerry on 09:07 - Jan 15 with 692 viewsangryjack

What do we do with Jerry on 08:06 - Jan 15 by KeithHaynes

He can't come good that's the thing you can see he's just not got the basics,or movement or intelligence..Dr Winston thinks because he's our top scorer he's must be good,odds are if you play up front you going to score a few..but jesus,he offers nothing..bot seen a centre forward as bad as him for us since late 80s...Stewart Phillips and Christian maclean
What do we do with Jerry on 09:10 - Jan 15 with 688 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 09:07 - Jan 15 by angryjack

He can't come good that's the thing you can see he's just not got the basics,or movement or intelligence..Dr Winston thinks because he's our top scorer he's must be good,odds are if you play up front you going to score a few..but jesus,he offers nothing..bot seen a centre forward as bad as him for us since late 80s...Stewart Phillips and Christian maclean

I would pay too much attention to Dr Winston s views.
Our views are different to his,ergo we will be wrong .

What do we do with Jerry on 09:18 - Jan 15 with 687 viewsjackrmee

What do we do with Jerry on 11:32 - Jan 14 by KeithHaynes

Liam quote from the match report yesterday.
Can anyone disagree ?

What I can’t understand, is why Blackpool fans thought he was basically their best player in yonks.
The Blackpool owners even made a farewell message, which read like an absolute legend was leaving the club.
Apparently this guy was relentless and worked harder than anyone else in the history of world football (almost).

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

What do we do with Jerry on 09:34 - Jan 15 with 676 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 09:18 - Jan 15 by jackrmee

What I can’t understand, is why Blackpool fans thought he was basically their best player in yonks.
The Blackpool owners even made a farewell message, which read like an absolute legend was leaving the club.
Apparently this guy was relentless and worked harder than anyone else in the history of world football (almost).

And we have loaded players deemed rubbish or with bad attitudes that have gone to other clubs and prospered

What do we do with Jerry on 09:34 - Jan 15 with 676 viewsBoundy

What do we do with Jerry on 09:18 - Jan 15 by jackrmee

They did it with a cheeky grin and a twinkle in their eyes

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What do we do with Jerry on 09:55 - Jan 15 with 652 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 09:34 - Jan 15 by Boundy

They took the money and ran

What do we do with Jerry on 10:18 - Jan 15 with 636 viewsjack247

What do we do with Jerry on 09:34 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

And we have loaded players deemed rubbish or with bad attitudes that have gone to other clubs and prospered

We’ve only got one of those and his attitude on the pitch was insulting.
What do we do with Jerry on 10:20 - Jan 15 with 635 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 10:18 - Jan 15 by jack247

We’ve only got one of those and his attitude on the pitch was insulting.

We still have him?

What do we do with Jerry on 10:26 - Jan 15 with 628 viewsjack247

What do we do with Jerry on 10:20 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

We still have him?

We’ve got…..one player who has gone to another club and prospered.

Surely that makes sense to you?
[Post edited 15 Jan 10:26]
What do we do with Jerry on 10:33 - Jan 15 with 621 viewsonehunglow

What do we do with Jerry on 10:26 - Jan 15 by jack247

We’ve got…..one player who has gone to another club and prospered.

Surely that makes sense to you?
[Post edited 15 Jan 10:26]

Why am I eminent in this discussion.
Why introduce personality.
I go to few games now so,following your logic,yiu really shouldn’t waste your time on a waif like me .
Thread is about Heyes ,not me or you. We are both irrelevant .
Going to games in the flesh means nowt

What do we do with Jerry on 11:00 - Jan 15 with 605 viewsjack247

What do we do with Jerry on 10:33 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

Why am I eminent in this discussion.
Why introduce personality.
I go to few games now so,following your logic,yiu really shouldn’t waste your time on a waif like me .
Thread is about Heyes ,not me or you. We are both irrelevant .
Going to games in the flesh means nowt

You’re not eminent in this discussion, you misunderstood a correctly phrased sentence and tried to be clever about it. I just clarified.

As it happens, going to games helps you notice players going through the motions instead or putting a shift in. You’re right though, it’s not about that. Was there any reason for introducing attendance to the thread?
What do we do with Jerry on 11:49 - Jan 15 with 576 viewsWhiterockin

What do we do with Jerry on 09:34 - Jan 15 by onehunglow

How is Michael Obafemi doing.
What do we do with Jerry on 11:54 - Jan 15 with 572 viewsnantywatcher

What do we do with Jerry on 09:34 - Jan 15 by Boundy

I doubt Blackpool FC would rush to get out their cheque book if we offered him back for £600k. It is criminal what we are reported to have paid for him.
Because of illness I did not follow out last summer's transfer dealing so when I watched our first few games this season, I presumed Yates was an out of contract journeyman that we had on a free, the more I have watched him I think my mistake is easy to understand. If we can recoup say, £600k, grab it with both hands and move on! As Angryjack observes Yates is not even equipped with the basics in his play that could be improved on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024