Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whittaker, 16 goals this season 10:26 - Jan 21 with 2937 viewswestisbest

8 goals in the last 8 matches.
2nd highest scorer in the championship.
2nd highest combined goals + assists in the championship.
Sold for 1 mil 6 months ago and now worth possibly 10.
Someone made a big mistake there.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=124219

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 10:27 - Jan 21 with 2257 viewsonehunglow

He was trouble ,mun.
Difficult

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 10:33 - Jan 21 with 2240 viewsangryjack

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 10:27 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

He was trouble ,mun.
Difficult

This is where our club is at..wrong people making wrong decisions people who are clueless
Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 10:42 - Jan 21 with 2211 viewsonehunglow

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 10:33 - Jan 21 by angryjack

This is where our club is at..wrong people making wrong decisions people who are clueless

Morning angry.
This makes me angry too.
I’ve said before the treatment of this kid was as bad as it gets .
Utterly insulted and ignored.
We were on a run of no sons and picked him as there was no option.
He gets a hat Rick then dumped
Brought back to make a few Bob,which doesn’t transpire then dumped again until we realise the folly of appointing Russy ,who killed his career out of pure spite .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 10:51 - Jan 21 with 2172 viewsWhiterockin

At least our sell on percentage should cover what we have written off against Yates.
Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 10:57 - Jan 21 with 2157 viewsKeithHaynes

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 10:42 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

Morning angry.
This makes me angry too.
I’ve said before the treatment of this kid was as bad as it gets .
Utterly insulted and ignored.
We were on a run of no sons and picked him as there was no option.
He gets a hat Rick then dumped
Brought back to make a few Bob,which doesn’t transpire then dumped again until we realise the folly of appointing Russy ,who killed his career out of pure spite .

Can you advise when he was insulted ?
Can you give a situation when RM killed his career out of pure spite ?

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 10:58 - Jan 21 with 2155 viewsKeithHaynes

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 10:33 - Jan 21 by angryjack

This is correct.

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 11:06 - Jan 21 with 2133 viewsjack247

He refused to play for us
He went through the motions when he did
He demanded to leave on Duffs first day

People need to understand that and get over him. He wouldn’t be at Plymouth if his attitude matched his ability.
Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 11:11 - Jan 21 with 2114 viewsKeithHaynes

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 11:06 - Jan 21 by jack247

He refused to play for us
He went through the motions when he did
He demanded to leave on Duffs first day

People need to understand that and get over him. He wouldn’t be at Plymouth if his attitude matched his ability.

It’s nothing to do with Whittaker overall, he’s just the vehicle for the continual mention of Russell Martin. it’s a desire to blame RM for his leaving of Swansea. The same manager who turned Piroe’s career around that’s rarely mentioned.

A when it suits narrative.

Login to get fewer ads

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 11:19 - Jan 21 with 2087 viewsAnotherJohn

Another one who got away is Gyökeres. 13 goals in 17 Primeira League games this season (23 in 25 games in all competitions). Went to Sporting CP for over 20 million euros. Now rumours of a big bid in the offing from a big club.
Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 12:00 - Jan 21 with 2028 viewsKeithHaynes

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 11:19 - Jan 21 by AnotherJohn

Another one who got away is Gyökeres. 13 goals in 17 Primeira League games this season (23 in 25 games in all competitions). Went to Sporting CP for over 20 million euros. Now rumours of a big bid in the offing from a big club.

I blame Russell Martin for that completely.

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 12:03 - Jan 21 with 2021 viewsjack247

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 11:19 - Jan 21 by AnotherJohn

Doesn’t get mentioned as much because he was on Steve Coopers watch. In fairness to Cooper though, he was terrible when he was here.

People would have gone nuts about developing a player for Brighton if we’d kept playing him the way he was.
Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 12:15 - Jan 21 with 2000 viewsmax936

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 11:11 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

It’s nothing to do with Whittaker overall, he’s just the vehicle for the continual mention of Russell Martin. it’s a desire to blame RM for his leaving of Swansea. The same manager who turned Piroe’s career around that’s rarely mentioned.

Seems true does dat!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 12:20 - Jan 21 with 1985 viewsmax936

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 12:03 - Jan 21 by jack247

Doesn’t get mentioned as much because he was on Steve Coopers watch. In fairness to Cooper though, he was terrible when he was here.

People would have gone nuts about developing a player for Brighton if we’d kept playing him the way he was.

He already had tried and tested players here when Gorks came here and they were performing, so unless Gorks had been standing out in training he was always gonna be a bit part player here, why change a formula that's working.
[Post edited 21 Jan 12:21]

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 13:28 - Jan 21 with 1925 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Apart from a few cup games against lower league teams the guy never even looked like scoring for us.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 13:41 - Jan 21 with 1899 viewsbuilthjack

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 12:00 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

I blame Russell Martin for that completely.

Yes, when he was MK Manager he should have had a hotline to Cooper.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 13:52 - Jan 21 with 1881 viewsjack247

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 12:20 - Jan 21 by max936

He already had tried and tested players here when Gorks came here and they were performing, so unless Gorks had been standing out in training he was always gonna be a bit part player here, why change a formula that's working.
[Post edited 21 Jan 12:21]

I don’t blame Cooper for not selecting him. He had a few run outs and was awful.

I’ve got no issues with loan players and don’t care that we’re developing them for other clubs, Rushworth is a good example of that….but they’ve got to come here and improve the starting eleven. Gyokores didn’t do that.
Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 14:14 - Jan 21 with 1833 viewsmax936

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 13:52 - Jan 21 by jack247

I don’t blame Cooper for not selecting him. He had a few run outs and was awful.

I’ve got no issues with loan players and don’t care that we’re developing them for other clubs, Rushworth is a good example of that….but they’ve got to come here and improve the starting eleven. Gyokores didn’t do that.

So I take as you agreeing with me then

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 14:29 - Jan 21 with 1809 viewsReslovenSwan1

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 13:52 - Jan 21 by jack247

I blame Cooper. He left when the parachutes stopped. Cooper was working in the interests of Steve Cooper not Swansea city football club. It might have worked for both in the short term with all the excellent loans but he failed and legged it. Swansea got him a new centre forward Piroe but Steve still wanted out.

Andy Scott provided him with Goykeres and he preferred not to develop him in the in knowledge that a raw player had a big potential. He sent him back. Steve told him thank you and "there is definitely a player in there" comment.

Coventry city manager had more patience and saw the potential giving him the money to buy other players lie Hadji Wright and Sims.

Neither Copper or Martin looked t their roster and wanted to develop players. Swansea city's short term stepping stone culture.

Swansea city success was built on a core of developing players with one or two stars. No development then Swansea cannot be successful. Coleman and Gude talk "culture". The culture is quick fix and working real hard developing other teams players. It will not work.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 14:34 - Jan 21 with 1799 viewsjack247

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 14:14 - Jan 21 by max936

So I take as you agreeing with me then

Absolutely. He wasn’t our player and he wasn’t very good at the time. He weakened the team.
Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 14:38 - Jan 21 with 1796 viewsKeithHaynes

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 14:34 - Jan 21 by jack247

Absolutely. He wasn’t our player and he wasn’t very good at the time. He weakened the team.

And off the pitch was nothing more than an antagonist in the dressing room and in training.

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 14:41 - Jan 21 with 1794 viewsjack247

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 14:29 - Jan 21 by ReslovenSwan1

I blame Cooper. He left when the parachutes stopped. Cooper was working in the interests of Steve Cooper not Swansea city football club. It might have worked for both in the short term with all the excellent loans but he failed and legged it. Swansea got him a new centre forward Piroe but Steve still wanted out.

Andy Scott provided him with Goykeres and he preferred not to develop him in the in knowledge that a raw player had a big potential. He sent him back. Steve told him thank you and "there is definitely a player in there" comment.

Coventry city manager had more patience and saw the potential giving him the money to buy other players lie Hadji Wright and Sims.

Neither Copper or Martin looked t their roster and wanted to develop players. Swansea city's short term stepping stone culture.

Swansea city success was built on a core of developing players with one or two stars. No development then Swansea cannot be successful. Coleman and Gude talk "culture". The culture is quick fix and working real hard developing other teams players. It will not work.

Of course you do, you’re a revisionist.

You’d have lost the plot at the time if we’d left Ayew or Lowe out for a loan player who weakened the team.

You’ve never answered why you think Brighton were happy to sell him for a million either.
Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 15:09 - Jan 21 with 1757 viewsReslovenSwan1

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 14:41 - Jan 21 by jack247

Of course you do, you’re a revisionist.

You’d have lost the plot at the time if we’d left Ayew or Lowe out for a loan player who weakened the team.

You’ve never answered why you think Brighton were happy to sell him for a million either.

It was well known the BHA had decided he had no future it BHA. He would be available at £1m to £1.5m exactly in the Swansea price range. This is why Scott brought him in. An ideal signing . Big strong and RAW. One to develop. This happened a year later.

Like Fletcher and Whittaker these guys are as rare as rocking horses dung.

The recruitment team are thinking long term, the manager is already thinking about his next gig. Goykeres went to Coventry with a manager who has been there for a while and developed him. They may make £25-£30m out of one simple call and one simple Swansea mistake.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 15:17 - Jan 21 with 1755 viewsjack247

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 15:09 - Jan 21 by ReslovenSwan1

It was well known the BHA had decided he had no future it BHA. He would be available at £1m to £1.5m exactly in the Swansea price range. This is why Scott brought him in. An ideal signing . Big strong and RAW. One to develop. This happened a year later.

Like Fletcher and Whittaker these guys are as rare as rocking horses dung.

The recruitment team are thinking long term, the manager is already thinking about his next gig. Goykeres went to Coventry with a manager who has been there for a while and developed him. They may make £25-£30m out of one simple call and one simple Swansea mistake.

I’ll ask again, why were Brighton prepared to sell him for £1m or £1.5m?
Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 16:51 - Jan 21 with 1699 viewsSullutaCreturned

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 11:11 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

Well As much as martin handled Piroe well, he handled Whitts poorly but ht ewhole situation, for myself anyway, ws caused by those above Martin. It wasn't Martin who insisted on bringing him back to be sold.
Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 16:59 - Jan 21 with 1669 viewsWhiterockin

Whittaker, 16 goals this season on 16:51 - Jan 21 by SullutaCreturned

Well As much as martin handled Piroe well, he handled Whitts poorly but ht ewhole situation, for myself anyway, ws caused by those above Martin. It wasn't Martin who insisted on bringing him back to be sold.

If Martin was the issue why say to Duff on his first day he wanted a transfer. He made up his mind in January that he wanted a move and when Rangers and Plymouth didn't materialise he had a strop until it did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024