Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Grimes 11:20 - Jan 21 with 2050 viewsKeithHaynes

A very decent and professional footballer for me. But Liam did have a pop at his organisational skills in yesterdays match report.

> ‘ Well, that was the first half action stats, the real basics of the four goals we saw at the Swansea.Com this afternoon. The real issue for me was the contribution of Matt Grimes in that first half. He is the captain, not once did I see him try and lead his side from the front. When Southampton scored he just walked back to his restart position with his head down. I saw no dedicated desire to inspire or manage his side from an organisational point of view. The time for being nice with certain players is over for me. A captain leads, he doesn’t outwardly display his disappointment, he energises and encourages his players. Sorry, but Matt Grimes doesn’t possess that at all.’ <

There has been an exchange in the match reports comments, adult enough tho.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Matt Grimes on 12:39 - Jan 21 with 1936 viewslifelong

If those are quotes from the manager he is out of order.
If he feels that strongly he should drop Grimes or certainly remove him as captain.
Matt Grimes on 12:46 - Jan 21 with 1922 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes on 12:39 - Jan 21 by lifelong

If he feels that strongly he should drop Grimes or certainly remove him as captain.

Grimes is loved by many
He is never ever benched
He does not inspire on any way
However, coach should simply replace him as captain and keep it in-house until questioned as to why

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Matt Grimes on 12:49 - Jan 21 with 1915 viewsWhiterockin

Are they not quotes from yesterday's match report and nothing to do with Williams.
Matt Grimes on 12:50 - Jan 21 with 1907 viewsKeithHaynes

In context from the match report reported by Liam Walters. Not Luke Williams.

Matt Grimes on 12:52 - Jan 21 with 1900 viewslifelong

Matt Grimes on 12:50 - Jan 21 by KeithHaynes

In context from the match report reported by Liam Walters. Not Luke Williams.

Ah! I mis read it.
Matt Grimes on 13:46 - Jan 21 with 1829 viewsjack247

He’s never going to be Roy Keane. Some people will castigate him for that. He’s clearly well liked by his teammates. For me, he starts every game. Others don’t rate him at all. Fair enough.
Matt Grimes on 14:05 - Jan 21 with 1789 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes on 13:46 - Jan 21 by jack247

He’s never going to be Roy Keane. Some people will castigate him for that. He’s clearly well liked by his teammates. For me, he starts every game. Others don’t rate him at all. Fair enough.

He’s not even Roy Cropper .

Matt Grimes on 14:58 - Jan 21 with 1725 viewspembsjack

Couldn't agree more, I like Grimes but I want to see my leader fired up, passionate and inspiring those around him. The start of the first half was embarrassing, the players were cowards, you could see the fear in them every time the ball came near them. We need a captain to calm them down and playing.
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Grimes on 15:21 - Jan 21 with 1703 viewslifelong

Matt Grimes on 12:46 - Jan 21 by onehunglow

Grimes is loved by many
He is never ever benched
He does not inspire on any way
However, coach should simply replace him as captain and keep it in-house until questioned as to why

Have you ever thought why he is never ever benched?
Matt Grimes on 15:27 - Jan 21 with 1688 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes on 15:21 - Jan 21 by lifelong

Have you ever thought why he is never ever benched?

I try not to include him in my thoughts Rog
It’s like other players ,like Patino, benched, when the excreable Fulton starts
We are not wholly good or bad

Doing much today!

Weather vile here
[Post edited 21 Jan 15:29]

Matt Grimes on 15:38 - Jan 21 with 1662 viewsdulaisvalleyjack

darling as captain , time to bench grimes get him hungry for action, try patino, allen and cooper in mid field more direct with pace and take the pressure of defence and get the strikers some thing to feed on
Matt Grimes on 15:43 - Jan 21 with 1649 viewsBryanSwan

Matt Grimes on 13:46 - Jan 21 by jack247

Gets a lot of unwarranted criticism does Grimes.
Over 250 games for us and a mainstay for every manager he has played under.
Rarely poor and very consistent although never a difference maker.

Could become one of our players with the most appearances. Leon is 5th with 460 league games.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Matt Grimes on 16:01 - Jan 21 with 1617 viewsjack247

Matt Grimes on 15:43 - Jan 21 by BryanSwan

Could become one of our players with the most appearances. Leon is 5th with 460 league games.

He starts every game for me.
Matt Grimes on 16:49 - Jan 21 with 1556 viewsSullutaCreturned

Never a difference maker....now read that back to yourself and ask why we have a captain who never makes a difference?

He is always in the team and we have been fairly poor in midfield for nearly all of Grimes tenure.

Coincidence?
Matt Grimes on 20:31 - Jan 21 with 1434 viewsKeithHaynes

He gets no criticism from me, but this is about his leadership on the pitch which I think has always been a question worth asking.

Matt Grimes on 09:39 - Jan 22 with 1285 viewsjackrmee

I like Grimes. I think he has talent and can adjust to different passing games.
However, I totally agree with Liams statement “ for me. A captain leads, he doesn’t outwardly display his disappointment, he energises and encourages his players. Sorry, but Matt Grimes doesn’t possess that at all.”

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Matt Grimes on 10:36 - Jan 22 with 1246 viewsEagleEye

Solid, steady performer who deserves to be a starter in a pretty poor overall squad for the Championship. When you take away the 4 on loan players, 2 or 3 players who are not deemed regular starters, new players yet to establish themselves, injury prone players, there are not many players left who you could select to wear the armband. That only leaves Paterson, Darling, Grimes as options for me
Matt Grimes on 10:39 - Jan 22 with 1240 viewsRichardO

Didn't realise being the Captian of the team was about being popular, they are the player on the pitch with a job to do, to inspire and get others playing correctly in the system adopted and let players know where they are going wrong harshly at time when needed but fairly, he should be constantly advising the match offical how he may have got things wrong and congratulating them even they are doing so well.
They have to influence everyone around them in a positive way ask yourself if he does that.
As for Darling he will blame everybody but himself even to the point he ignored the play around him to continue his argument to the detriment of the team by not being switched on and working out what he is doing wrong.

If you look at the Wales team the midfield has been a bit of shambles but the inclusion of a player who looks really switched on in the shape of the youthful Jordan James has made the others much better.
If you look at our good runs in our wins this year and last season the team usually made the use of younger players to enable the older quality ones and without that youth in the team we have struggled, but the youngsters haven't the experience I hear you say, well funny how Parker's disrespect for the player he was up against made such a difference. 11 players on the pitch that first have to match the opposition 11 in intensity if you are playing against a more skilful play you have make sure that they can't use those skills and you don't do that by letting players time and space. Second half against Southampton we set about them even our first goal came out of intent only to drop that intent for their instance reply.
People see why the likes of Allen and Patino make a difference because they play with intent and purpose the intent is to get the better of your opposite number, will they make mistakes of course they will but that is the point of being a team you cover your mates back as inspired by your Captain.
Sound a bit simplistic well football isn't that complicated a game.
Matt Grimes on 11:36 - Jan 22 with 1183 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes on 10:39 - Jan 22 by RichardO

Didn't realise being the Captian of the team was about being popular, they are the player on the pitch with a job to do, to inspire and get others playing correctly in the system adopted and let players know where they are going wrong harshly at time when needed but fairly, he should be constantly advising the match offical how he may have got things wrong and congratulating them even they are doing so well.
They have to influence everyone around them in a positive way ask yourself if he does that.
As for Darling he will blame everybody but himself even to the point he ignored the play around him to continue his argument to the detriment of the team by not being switched on and working out what he is doing wrong.

If you look at the Wales team the midfield has been a bit of shambles but the inclusion of a player who looks really switched on in the shape of the youthful Jordan James has made the others much better.
If you look at our good runs in our wins this year and last season the team usually made the use of younger players to enable the older quality ones and without that youth in the team we have struggled, but the youngsters haven't the experience I hear you say, well funny how Parker's disrespect for the player he was up against made such a difference. 11 players on the pitch that first have to match the opposition 11 in intensity if you are playing against a more skilful play you have make sure that they can't use those skills and you don't do that by letting players time and space. Second half against Southampton we set about them even our first goal came out of intent only to drop that intent for their instance reply.
People see why the likes of Allen and Patino make a difference because they play with intent and purpose the intent is to get the better of your opposite number, will they make mistakes of course they will but that is the point of being a team you cover your mates back as inspired by your Captain.

I’d rather players fear the captain

Matt Grimes on 17:22 - Jan 22 with 1029 viewsKeithHaynes

Matt Grimes on 10:39 - Jan 22 by RichardO

As Frank Burrows said, “Pass the ball to someone you came here on the bus with”

Matt Grimes on 18:02 - Jan 22 with 986 viewsSullutaCreturned

Matt Grimes on 17:22 - Jan 22 by KeithHaynes

As Frank Burrows said, “Pass the ball to someone you came here on the bus with”

But not the kit lady!
Matt Grimes on 19:06 - Jan 22 with 946 viewsmax936

Matt Grimes on 18:02 - Jan 22 by SullutaCreturned

But not the kit lady!

Boom Boom!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Matt Grimes on 09:26 - Jan 23 with 830 viewsonehunglow

Matt Grimes on 19:06 - Jan 22 by max936

Boom Boom!

I read he’s popular as he’s a nice chap.
Well,he’s not as nice as me but I wouldn’t select me to captain the team.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024