Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Agents 07:45 - Jan 23 with 4214 viewshp16

It's been made clear we haven't got any money - but perhaps shifting a few players out on loan can allow us to bring a free agent in till the end of the season? Some quality players available without a club: Josh Onomah, Ovie Ejaria, Jack Simpson, Luke Freeman, Conor Wickham, Tarique Fosu, Lucas Joao, Peter Etebo.

Some creativity in there which could be needed until the summer
Free Agents on 09:01 - Jan 23 with 3985 viewsEsox_Lucius

Not Ovie Ejaria.

The grass is always greener.

Free Agents on 09:15 - Jan 23 with 3923 viewsTheChef

Problem with free agents is most likely they've not been in full training so it will take them a while to get up to match fitness, and even then they're probably more prone to injury as well.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Free Agents on 09:21 - Jan 23 with 3896 viewsjoe90

Ejaria is/was a quality player, but unfortunately injury prone. If you're considering him then you may as well bring Amos back.
Free Agents on 09:32 - Jan 23 with 3847 viewsWatford_Ranger

Never really saw what other people did in Onomah. Maybe a ‘baller’ occasionally but never seems to actually do anything.
Free Agents on 09:40 - Jan 23 with 3785 viewsDavieQPR

Very often if they are free agents at this juncture of the window there is a reason. Still click on daily with hope against hope that we have signed one or two out of contract Scandinavians.
Free Agents on 09:56 - Jan 23 with 3702 viewsNorthernr

Maybe a pay as you play deal?
Free Agents on 10:26 - Jan 23 with 3554 viewsNushnool

You could always pay them in vouchers for the new "Richard Reilly Revolving Restaurant" that's being planned.
Free Agents on 10:27 - Jan 23 with 3542 viewsNorthernr

Free Agents on 10:26 - Jan 23 by Nushnool

You could always pay them in vouchers for the new "Richard Reilly Revolving Restaurant" that's being planned.

Good to see the revolving restaurant back in play
Login to get fewer ads

Free Agents on 10:51 - Jan 23 with 3400 viewsWatford_Ranger

More likely to see Wickham on the next edition of Love Island than a Championship football match. Looked like he was going to be a player at one time.
Free Agents on 11:44 - Jan 23 with 3180 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I‘m sure this is a minority view, but I’ve seen small increments of improvements in almost everyone and don’t want to sign anyone unless they are an absolutely nailed on Championship / Premiership 20 goals a season striker, which just isn’t going to happen.

Would rather concentrate on getting 4 or 5 players to ten goals each than disrupt the apple cart which at Millwall looked a bit sturdier.

I don’t think a injured or aging freebie will do us any good.
Free Agents on 12:18 - Jan 23 with 2994 viewslassel

At the risk of stating the obvious, these players are generally out of contract for a reason.

They either have unrealistic salary expectations, unrealistic ability expectations of glaring personality issues.
Services Provider (n/t) on 12:22 - Jan 23 with 2956 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

[Post edited 23 Jan 13:16]
Free Agents on 12:25 - Jan 23 with 2920 viewskensalriser

Free Agents on 09:56 - Jan 23 by Northernr

Maybe a pay as you play deal?

If they're young, hungry and Scandinavian that's a full house.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Free Agents on 12:28 - Jan 23 with 2903 viewsE15Hoop

Free Agents on 12:18 - Jan 23 by lassel

At the risk of stating the obvious, these players are generally out of contract for a reason.

They either have unrealistic salary expectations, unrealistic ability expectations of glaring personality issues.

Maybe we should get one Joseph Barton Esq added back to that list, then, as he effortlessly fulfils all 3 criteria.
Free Agents on 13:06 - Jan 23 with 2689 viewsTheChef

Free Agents on 12:25 - Jan 23 by kensalriser

If they're young, hungry and Scandinavian that's a full house.

I'm pretty sure our in-house catering doesn't do smorgasbord.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Free Agents on 14:56 - Jan 23 with 2421 viewsNorthantsHoop

I don't see the point in making any additions as it is either a sink or swim situation for QPR, adding yet more to the wage bill on players who on the whole have been let go for one reason or the other can't cut it at Championship level is not going to help a side in our position. It is all about a reset next season whether that be in the Championship or League 1.
Free Agents on 16:14 - Jan 23 with 2180 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Free Agents on 14:56 - Jan 23 by NorthantsHoop

I don't see the point in making any additions as it is either a sink or swim situation for QPR, adding yet more to the wage bill on players who on the whole have been let go for one reason or the other can't cut it at Championship level is not going to help a side in our position. It is all about a reset next season whether that be in the Championship or League 1.

That midfield is looking a tad threadbare though.

I've no idea how FFP works, and can't be fcuked to find out either, but if, as seems inevitable, we're going to breach it: then lets smash it good and proper; and give those Saudis a run for their money while we're at it.

Benzema, Mahrez, spring to mind - they must be bored sihtless out there by now. With Toon wetting themselves about FFP, test their Geordie bottle with an offer for Gordon. Not sure what folks make of Philips at City, but rattle the Emirates with a bid for him and that long haired yeti they have up front; straight swap Dykes for Haaland plus £3m...seems fair. No?

That Billy Big Bollox at Brentford? Buy him, then stick him in the reserves.

Send a message to that bald knob running FIFA with arms out: 'We are QPR... 'kin 'ave some you caaant!.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Free Agents on 16:19 - Jan 23 with 2125 viewsSheffieldHoop

Free Agents on 12:28 - Jan 23 by E15Hoop

Maybe we should get one Joseph Barton Esq added back to that list, then, as he effortlessly fulfils all 3 criteria.

He's 41 and hasn't played in over 7 years. But would still be an improvement on Dozzell.

Also; he could start paying some rent for the space he still occupies in your head.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Free Agents on 16:26 - Jan 23 with 2093 viewsPunteR

Free Agents on 11:44 - Jan 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

I‘m sure this is a minority view, but I’ve seen small increments of improvements in almost everyone and don’t want to sign anyone unless they are an absolutely nailed on Championship / Premiership 20 goals a season striker, which just isn’t going to happen.

Would rather concentrate on getting 4 or 5 players to ten goals each than disrupt the apple cart which at Millwall looked a bit sturdier.

Lets see how we do against Huddersfield.

We desperately need players. But if there is no money to spend then thats that!
Getting 4 or 5 players to ten goals each should be what they're doing anyway.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Free Agents on 16:27 - Jan 23 with 2086 viewsNed_Kennedys

Free Agents on 11:44 - Jan 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Can’t agree.
Check out the subs bench on Saturday: a few injuries and suspensions especially up front and we have virtually no options.
IF we can afford a couple of loans or free agents who are better than what is on our subs bench we need to go for it to give us a chance for the rest of the season.
Free Agents on 12:29 - Jan 25 with 1519 viewsE15Hoop

Free Agents on 16:19 - Jan 23 by SheffieldHoop

He's 41 and hasn't played in over 7 years. But would still be an improvement on Dozzell.

Also; he could start paying some rent for the space he still occupies in your head.

Good! About time that c*nt was useful for something..
Free Agents on 13:31 - Jan 25 with 1316 viewsderbyhoop

Free Agents on 16:27 - Jan 23 by Ned_Kennedys

Can’t agree.
Check out the subs bench on Saturday: a few injuries and suspensions especially up front and we have virtually no options.
IF we can afford a couple of loans or free agents who are better than what is on our subs bench we need to go for it to give us a chance for the rest of the season.

Subs bench on Saturday did not include Kelman nor Kolli. Kolli is injured ATM.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024