Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread 00:30 - Feb 11 with 15088 viewsModeratorC

Leeds United, glory, glory Leeds United ! They took years and years to get to the Premier League and then got relegated. They got very annoyed with Huw Jenkins who pulled the deal for Dan James to go to Leeds for a silly fee. Some say he switched his phone off but the truth is he just didn’t answer it.

The Swans made millions of pounds on the back of that cunning plan.

Swansea City v Leeds United : This one is for Chris ! 11th Feb 2024 17:21
It was only a few days ago I was chatting to Chris Brown, anyone on social media will be aware of Chris who formed friendships with Oli McBurnie and Lee Trundle - such was his love of the Swans. We are going to dedicate this game to Chris, and we are certain the club will do this as well come Tuesday night. 0

Swans prepare for Leeds United with more injury concerns 12th Feb 2024 08:00
It’s a quick turnaround for the Swans today, fresh from a day off, injuries and knocks will be assessed, a few hours on the grass before planning and preparation for tomorrow nights game against Leeds United. The unique planning that Luke Williams puts in to a game will also feature today away from the training areas. 0

Swans given no chance tonight - Just the way we like it ! 13th Feb 2024 08:00
The ‘professional punters’ the journalists and even Leeds United fans are confident of steamrolling Swansea City tonight. The facts and figures are there for all to see, Leeds have won all of their last six games and are a free scoring confident side. The Swans have won two of their last six. 0

Swansea outclassed as Leeds United win by four goals 13th Feb 2024 22:21
Swansea City were outclassed by their opponents Leeds United at the Swansea.Com Stadium this evening. From the first minute to the last the visitors strolled through the game and could have scored far more.The Swans did have their chances but the few they had they failed to take as another big loss was again witnessed by Swansea fans. 0

Luke at a loss. Bravery, commitment & intensity all missing 14th Feb 2024 09:39
Luke Williams was possibly the most disappointed we have seen him after a Swans game last night. Reflecting on the match he was critical and frustrated with his team. And his words were remarkably similar to that of Russell Martin last season. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:29 - Feb 13 with 2012 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:27 - Feb 13 by HoneyBadger

Don't worry. Manager will bring on Patino if they go 5-0 down.

He should be in the starting 11

Him and his arsenal buddy.

Perhaps Williams wrote this off pre kick off

This whole game has been like men v boys.

Other than pato + ronald

Everyone else 😡

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:30 - Feb 13 with 1998 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:28 - Feb 13 by union_jack

Sorry Rhondda, misread your post.

no problem mate YJB

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:30 - Feb 13 with 1994 viewsonehunglow

It’s too early to write off Williams .
Innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 1969 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:30 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

Innit

Yes it really is R.

BC beating Soton 2-0. 17 mins to go.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 with 1959 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 by union_jack

Yes it really is R.

BC beating Soton 2-0. 17 mins to go.

But thus far…

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:33 - Feb 13 with 1952 viewsRhonddaSwans

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:30 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

Innit

Nope this is a results based industry.

Honestly he has the next 5 games for me.

As harry hodeini couldn't of beaten

Southampton (bristol are 2 nil up)

Bournemouth (whipping boys of the prem)

Leeds ( Rotherham United give them a scare)

I honestly think we need to sit tight at the moment.

Next 5 games if we don't get away from the drop zone.

He needs the sack.

We need a universal manger.

Lee Trundle?

With

Alun Curtis?

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:35 - Feb 13 with 1927 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

But thus far…

I’m more p1ssed off with Sky at the moment who can’t even tighten up a scart lead!

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:37 - Feb 13 with 1909 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:33 - Feb 13 by RhonddaSwans

Nope this is a results based industry.

Honestly he has the next 5 games for me.

As harry hodeini couldn't of beaten

Southampton (bristol are 2 nil up)

Bournemouth (whipping boys of the prem)

Leeds ( Rotherham United give them a scare)

I honestly think we need to sit tight at the moment.

Next 5 games if we don't get away from the drop zone.

He needs the sack.

We need a universal manger.

Lee Trundle?

With

Alun Curtis?

He should never have been appointed
However,we are stuck with him.
The sourcing of our players isn’t all down to him.
I truly believe we could be better though with some basic changes starting with captaincy .
It’s sick really

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:40 - Feb 13 with 1858 viewsonehunglow

And we end the game with a CH looking to pass back to the keeper after exchanging sideways passes
Just fook off

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:42 - Feb 13 with 1837 viewsswan65split

different class, glad its only 4, but mad we gave them 3 !!!
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:42 - Feb 13 with 1834 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:37 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

I truly believe we could be better though with some basic changes starting with captaincy .
It’s sick really

Put pep in charge and be the same, the club is rotten from the core
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:43 - Feb 13 with 1825 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:37 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

It’s sick really

His tools are blunt, that’s the problem.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:46 - Feb 13 with 1780 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:43 - Feb 13 by KeithHaynes

It’s one of the problems,mate.
To have Wood again actually running out of time whist he looks to pass back to the keeper is not acceptable .
This is basic
Williams can analyse
It is very obvious
It looked like we were sitting on a a 4 goal lead andLeeds chasing the game . Unforgivable .

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:59 - Feb 13 with 1635 viewsblackpooljack

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:46 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

To have Wood again actually running out of time whist he looks to pass back to the keeper is not acceptable .
This is basic
Williams can analyse
It is very obvious
It looked like we were sitting on a a 4 goal lead andLeeds chasing the game . Unforgivable .

Wood is an absolute disgrace.one of these so called journos needs to be pulling Williams up and asking so.e hard hitting questions about his team selections and subs.
[Post edited 14 Feb 6:20]
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:00 - Feb 13 with 1625 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:35 - Feb 13 by union_jack

I’m more p1ssed off with Sky at the moment who can’t even tighten up a scart lead!

Sorry, fat fingers - downed instead of upped. 😂

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:00 - Feb 13 with 1621 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:46 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

This is basic
Williams can analyse
It is very obvious

He's passing back because there no movement at all in front of him or no one running the channel,he lumps it forward and we gave it straight back to them.the issue lies with the movement of our players we are too pedestrianised
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:07 - Feb 13 with 1551 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:43 - Feb 13 by KeithHaynes

To keep the analogy going you could ask whether he is using the right tools at his disposal.

Maybe the loan players need to come on for the remainder of the season if they’re good enough and we can start afresh next season.

I think given that we’ve almost got the top 4 all out if the way that there’s another 19-12 points for us to get. I hope so anyway. Next year will be a test unless it clicks for LW. He can’t do a Notts County or Wrexham thing here where defence doesn’t matter as long as our attack is better. It’s unlikely to work in this league.

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:10 - Feb 13 with 1528 viewstheloneranger

Switched over to Leeds TV on about 75 mins - and their conversation -

"And Swansea "tactics" continually play into Leeds hands. Nothing has changed since the first minute."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:13 - Feb 13 with 1484 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:10 - Feb 13 by theloneranger

Switched over to Leeds TV on about 75 mins - and their conversation -

"And Swansea "tactics" continually play into Leeds hands. Nothing has changed since the first minute."

You can either look at it as a Robert The Bruce analogy or,

the definition of idiocy.

I know which one I favour at the moment.

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:27 - Feb 13 with 1324 viewsPawelAbbott

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:07 - Feb 13 by union_jack

To keep the analogy going you could ask whether he is using the right tools at his disposal.

Maybe the loan players need to come on for the remainder of the season if they’re good enough and we can start afresh next season.

I think given that we’ve almost got the top 4 all out if the way that there’s another 19-12 points for us to get. I hope so anyway. Next year will be a test unless it clicks for LW. He can’t do a Notts County or Wrexham thing here where defence doesn’t matter as long as our attack is better. It’s unlikely to work in this league.

I would send the loan players back and put the Youngsters in for the rest of the season.
Give them some experience ready for next season.
We cant go into next season with a Grimes and Fulton midfield.
I'd also be tempted to pay up Allen and Naughton, two more spaces on the bench.
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:36 - Feb 13 with 1269 viewsKeithHaynes

From Liam.

Swansea City were outclassed by their opponents Leeds United at the Swansea.Com Stadium this evening. From the first minute to the last the visitors strolled through the game and could have scored far more.The Swans did have their chances but the few they had they failed to take as another big loss was again witnessed by Swansea fans. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:39 - Feb 13 with 1251 viewshowenjack

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:00 - Feb 13 by angryjack

He's passing back because there no movement at all in front of him or no one running the channel,he lumps it forward and we gave it straight back to them.the issue lies with the movement of our players we are too pedestrianised

Out of possession we look flat footed slow in thought and deed . We did not close them down with enough urgency . You cant give good players time and space simple as that.When we had the ball Leeds were on us straight away nullifying the threat.
With the ball , passing accuracy was poor compared to Leeds .
Also , we didnt look as sharp or as fit .
They were a yard quicker everywhere on the pitch . Fulton is too slow on the recovery and becoming a liability .Tymon tried his utmost . Humphries confidence is shot big step up for a 20 year old even a Chelsea one. Ron and Placheta game but generally ineffective pointless trying to service Cullen though as hes too small. Should have played Myko he would have given their centre backs more to think about . Rushworth at fault for the second probably knocked off a million or two from his projected price. Cabango / Wood outclassed by their movement up front .
Swans best player for me was Tymon - the guy is trying his utmost and giving his all for the cause.
Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread (n/t) on 22:43 - Feb 13 with 1215 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:36 - Feb 13 by KeithHaynes

From Liam.

[Post edited 13 Feb 22:43]

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:44 - Feb 13 with 1197 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 21:32 - Feb 13 by onehunglow

But thus far…

Did you expect anything other than a defeat , I'd be more than delighted should we have got something tonight , it was the manner of the defeat which shocked most around me , that most didn't return to their seats for the second half .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Leeds United : Match day thread on 22:45 - Feb 13 with 1179 viewsWhiterockin

Men against boys the gulf in quality was incredible. Leeds had players making runs all over the pitch particularly from between the lines. When they attacked they had pace and always had 3 or 4 options in the box. The previous 2 matches we played ok today we were against a quality team who have won all their games this year, it all depends now if we can bounce back on Saturday. People were expecting zero points from the current 4 games, we have 3 from 6, let's see how the next 2 go. Big well done all who went tonight in atrocious weather, particularly those in the lower tier. True supporters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024