Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread 22:12 - Feb 14 with 10909 viewsModeratorC

The return of Al- Hamadi, a few Welsh internationals and Kiefer Sutherland who will want some more for sure.

Luke Williams : ‘We do not have time to sit and sulk or dwell on the game in midweek’ 16th Feb 2024 14:47
Luke Williams believes his side are merely making up the numbers in games against a better class of opposition. He also believes the ability of his players is woefully short in key areas. All that as he goes in search of his first home league win in six weeks since becoming Swans head coach. 0

Harry Darling 50/50 today v Ipswich Town plus latest news 17th Feb 2024 10:04
Harry Darling is undergoing fitness tests this morning as Luke Williams looks to bolster his defensive options before the arrival of Ipswich Town this afternoon at the Swansea.Com Stadium. (KO:3pm) Ipswich come to Swansea on the back of a 4-0 away win at Millwall on Tuesday night. 0

TEAM NEWS - Swansea City v Ipswich Town 17th Feb 2024 12:56
The usual story from the Swans with more injuries being monitored this morning at Fairwood. Bashir Humphreys and Harry Darling this time. 1

Swansea City : When you are down the luck just will not go for you! 17th Feb 2024 18:12
It was the same old story for the Swans today, a lack of luck for sure, but the overall quality was seriously lacking. The positives though are the side lived very well with a top six side. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:14 - Feb 16 with 2353 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:44 - Feb 16 by EagleEye

I’ve not seen anything like a good enough performance to predict that we will dish out a beating to anyone. We have only really performed well & won 1 league game, Hull under LW. Performing well & losing to Plymouth means little at this stage of the season as results against close rivals matter. Right now we need points. Trying to play our poor brand of open football against the likes of the top 3 is bordering on football suicide with our defence, possibly even arrogance from the coach. The players confidence will be dipping week on week & if we go behind early then I fear for us against anyone. Wish I had your confidence but we’ve still got some decent sides to play Ipswich, Sunderland, Boro, Norwich & most of the others will be 6 pointers

You’re nothing if not realistic
We need to turn our indignation into anger and articulate it against opposing teams
Either we do that or die on the vine

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:25 - Feb 16 with 2314 viewsHoneyBadger

When I go to a football match I want to be entertained. This is something that Matt Le Tissier always said. He wanted to entertain. When I watch Charlie Patino play I get value for money. If he does not play tomorrow ( and I don't mean from the 78th minute onwards), I will seriously consider whether I want to spend my hard earned at Liberty again. By the way I don't think the managers obsession with speed will solve things. If you play the same way at double the speed, nothing really changes.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:41 - Feb 16 with 2302 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:44 - Feb 16 by EagleEye

I’ve not seen anything like a good enough performance to predict that we will dish out a beating to anyone. We have only really performed well & won 1 league game, Hull under LW. Performing well & losing to Plymouth means little at this stage of the season as results against close rivals matter. Right now we need points. Trying to play our poor brand of open football against the likes of the top 3 is bordering on football suicide with our defence, possibly even arrogance from the coach. The players confidence will be dipping week on week & if we go behind early then I fear for us against anyone. Wish I had your confidence but we’ve still got some decent sides to play Ipswich, Sunderland, Boro, Norwich & most of the others will be 6 pointers

We’ve had three games against what I would class as our peers. Won 1, drawn 1, lost 1. We were lucky in the first half especially against Birmingham, probably should have beaten Plymouth.

These are the type of teams we will play for the remainder of the season. Yes Ipswich are good, but they aren’t in the same class as the top three. Leeds and Southampton both had dodgy patches earlier in the season but played us bang in form. The gap in quality now is bigger than the table suggests.

A week ago, you would have had Hull on that list and we quite deservedly beat them away.

Edit - honestly think that type of football is too inconsistent to go up (not this season, in general) or down. Over 46 games we’d beat too many to trouble the bottom and lose too often to trouble the top 6.
[Post edited 16 Feb 18:43]
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:47 - Feb 16 with 2292 viewsnantywatcher

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:25 - Feb 16 by HoneyBadger

When I go to a football match I want to be entertained. This is something that Matt Le Tissier always said. He wanted to entertain. When I watch Charlie Patino play I get value for money. If he does not play tomorrow ( and I don't mean from the 78th minute onwards), I will seriously consider whether I want to spend my hard earned at Liberty again. By the way I don't think the managers obsession with speed will solve things. If you play the same way at double the speed, nothing really changes.

"Value for money!"
I will not be rude, but give me strength. At the best he's half-hearted and worst almost disinterested. (Which probably gives you a clue why he is not selected) If he is capable of finding a better attitude, on his day he could be a game changer.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 19:07 - Feb 16 with 2266 viewsHoneyBadger

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 18:47 - Feb 16 by nantywatcher

"Value for money!"
I will not be rude, but give me strength. At the best he's half-hearted and worst almost disinterested. (Which probably gives you a clue why he is not selected) If he is capable of finding a better attitude, on his day he could be a game changer.

Difficult to have your day from the bench.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 19:44 - Feb 16 with 2199 viewsHoneyBadger

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 19:07 - Feb 16 by HoneyBadger

Difficult to have your day from the bench.

Also on reflection I have no idea where the half hearted and disinterested comes from. He constantly chases the ball and is always looking to receive the ball when Swansea are in possession. Must be watching different games.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 08:48 - Feb 17 with 1939 viewsPawelAbbott

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:56 - Feb 15 by JumpingJackFlash

Setting up with a very high defensive line against probably the quickest and trickiest attack in the division was astonishing. What was the thought process that resulted in that decision?
Then it was persisted with despite the clear pattern of the game from the kick off. Stevie Wonder could see what was happening so why couldn’t the manager and coaches. We were lucky to get nil as Bill Shankley once said.

He defensive strategy will be interesting on Saturday…

Williams has gone on record as saying that he has no intention of changing tactics. All to do with practicing it over and over until its perfect.
It's a pretty stupid idea though if you are not at all suited to what you are repeating. At almost 50 with creaking joints I can try ballet all day everyday, I'm still not going to get anywhere

Playing a high defensive line with an horrifically slow defense isn't going to bare much fruit.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 09:12 - Feb 17 with 1913 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 08:48 - Feb 17 by PawelAbbott

Williams has gone on record as saying that he has no intention of changing tactics. All to do with practicing it over and over until its perfect.
It's a pretty stupid idea though if you are not at all suited to what you are repeating. At almost 50 with creaking joints I can try ballet all day everyday, I'm still not going to get anywhere

Playing a high defensive line with an horrifically slow defense isn't going to bare much fruit.

That is the single most depressing read to start the day albeit one on which I concur.
Right now, I believe this chap could be taking us down and for what? He will blame others ,not himself.
A very very stupid appointment

There

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 10:22 - Feb 17 with 1840 viewsKeithHaynes

Harry Darling 50/50 today v Ipswich Town plus latest news 17th Feb 2024 10:04
Harry Darling is undergoing fitness tests this morning as Luke Williams looks to bolster his defensive options before the arrival of Ipswich Town this afternoon at the Swansea.Com Stadium. (KO:3pm) Ipswich come to Swansea on the back of a 4-0 away win at Millwall on Tuesday night. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:45 - Feb 17 with 1656 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Cullen the only player who has even looked like scoring this year of course he’s dropped. Don’t want to score any goals now do we?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:47 - Feb 17 with 1648 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:45 - Feb 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Cullen the only player who has even looked like scoring this year of course he’s dropped. Don’t want to score any goals now do we?

Think it’s part of the plan/ process
We are told to be brave.
They will have to be .
This guy is off the chart stupid.
Prove me wrong.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:21 - Feb 17 with 1532 viewsbluenile

Aah well,same old same old. Cabango playing the clown as usual. 😡

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:23 - Feb 17 with 1503 viewsKeithHaynes

Zero goals in 12 games for Jerry Yates.
Further proof already today.
And yes, I’m having a pop.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:24 - Feb 17 with 1489 viewsswan65split

Officials deffo have it in for us.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:25 - Feb 17 with 1473 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:23 - Feb 17 by KeithHaynes

Zero goals in 12 games for Jerry Yates.
Further proof already today.
And yes, I’m having a pop.

He’s indefensible
Past a joke
Waste of a shirt

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:33 - Feb 17 with 1406 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:25 - Feb 17 by onehunglow

He’s indefensible
Past a joke
Waste of a shirt

I knew the fecker would score 😂

Off the inside of this thigh !

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:39 - Feb 17 with 1312 viewsonehunglow

Basics

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:46 - Feb 17 with 1233 viewsonehunglow

Just how does this coach believe we can play out from the back ,looking at Wood it’s madness

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:47 - Feb 17 with 1234 viewsbluenile

Another shit show, how many more? Guess we have a League 2 manager, so that's where he's taking us.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:48 - Feb 17 with 1216 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:47 - Feb 17 by bluenile

Another shit show, how many more? Guess we have a League 2 manager, so that's where he's taking us.

He’s a worst appointment as is possible given our basic lack of ability
We can’t play pretty .

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:52 - Feb 17 with 1180 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:33 - Feb 17 by KeithHaynes

I knew the fecker would score 😂

Off the inside of this thigh !

He had a good go at messing it up from 2yds.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:54 - Feb 17 with 1156 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:52 - Feb 17 by Treforys_Jack

Stream broke up and Ai missed it all.
Caught the Ipswich riposte though

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:55 - Feb 17 with 1147 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:52 - Feb 17 by Treforys_Jack

But he did get himself in the right place so credit due.

LW has got to sort this defence out. We gift the opponents goals every single game. Today another 2.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:00 - Feb 17 with 1085 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:55 - Feb 17 by union_jack

But he did get himself in the right place so credit due.

LW has got to sort this defence out. We gift the opponents goals every single game. Today another 2.

Likely is right to ask for more bravery
First, he needs to find some himself and right the obvious then have the guts to admit he is wrong to think we can play pretty
He is a disaster
We are sinking fast
We'dnesday winning too
This plan will see us go down , him sacked and it's not necessary

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:03 - Feb 17 with 1045 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

We have a player sitting on our bench that juventus and other big clubs are supposedly fighting over. If he’s good enough for juventus why is he sitting on our bench?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024