Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread 22:12 - Feb 14 with 10916 viewsModeratorC

The return of Al- Hamadi, a few Welsh internationals and Kiefer Sutherland who will want some more for sure.

Luke Williams : ‘We do not have time to sit and sulk or dwell on the game in midweek’ 16th Feb 2024 14:47
Luke Williams believes his side are merely making up the numbers in games against a better class of opposition. He also believes the ability of his players is woefully short in key areas. All that as he goes in search of his first home league win in six weeks since becoming Swans head coach. 0

Harry Darling 50/50 today v Ipswich Town plus latest news 17th Feb 2024 10:04
Harry Darling is undergoing fitness tests this morning as Luke Williams looks to bolster his defensive options before the arrival of Ipswich Town this afternoon at the Swansea.Com Stadium. (KO:3pm) Ipswich come to Swansea on the back of a 4-0 away win at Millwall on Tuesday night. 0

TEAM NEWS - Swansea City v Ipswich Town 17th Feb 2024 12:56
The usual story from the Swans with more injuries being monitored this morning at Fairwood. Bashir Humphreys and Harry Darling this time. 1

Swansea City : When you are down the luck just will not go for you! 17th Feb 2024 18:12
It was the same old story for the Swans today, a lack of luck for sure, but the overall quality was seriously lacking. The positives though are the side lived very well with a top six side. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:02 - Feb 17 with 1762 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 19:51 - Feb 17 by HoneyBadger

Pleased it is not just me that can't fathom this. The three substitutions in the second half which included Patino resulted in a vast improvement. Quality of forward passing was in a different league. I wish Swansea would start with their best players. I also think Ronald would be much better used in a more central position. Playing him within 2 inches of the touch line is a waste of a great talent.

Hi Russell we know you are averse to width and like football played through the middle

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:07 - Feb 17 with 1731 viewsonehunglow

We lost
We started with Jerry Yates as lone striker
That says it all
Loads of crap speech and little points

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:11 - Feb 17 with 1718 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:51 - Feb 17 by dantheswansman

The improvement since Luke has come in is plain to see, another display that deserved at least a point, if the board go and sack Luke based on this i have no time for the club anymore.
He deserves to get the time to keep us up and backed in the summer, surely even SpecSavers best customers can see the squad is improving and we have had one hell of a run against the top teams
Its far from over and Sunderland will be three points barring a miracle from them

Plain.
How exactly
Team selection
Tactics ?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:13 - Feb 17 with 1713 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:02 - Feb 17 by vetchonian

Hi Russell we know you are averse to width and like football played through the middle

Your nemesis has gone, it’s ok, he is elsewhere proving his tactics and philosophy will take teams to the premier league.

As per Cooper when this side needs investment the owners get rid and choose managers like Duff, they don’t like being proven wrong, so yes I’ll pass on your of approval tomorrow evening, as always.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:20 - Feb 17 with 1643 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:13 - Feb 17 by KeithHaynes

Your nemesis has gone, it’s ok, he is elsewhere proving his tactics and philosophy will take teams to the premier league.

As per Cooper when this side needs investment the owners get rid and choose managers like Duff, they don’t like being proven wrong, so yes I’ll pass on your of approval tomorrow evening, as always.

Keith.
What we have is a poor man’s versions of Martin.
You liked him,saw what he was aiming for .
Some like me ,thought he was a duplicitous clown
I stand by that
Williams was and is the worst appointment we could have made .
If we stay up ,I will be pyssed for a week.
He is less astute that Russ
He is as stubborn
t least today,the Pole got a chance
He needs to keep the joke that is YAtes well away from our team .
He is past a joke
It’s no longer funny.
We have enough to stay up
We have to
If we do not ,then we might fall further and end up in the fourth level again

We all need to wise up as to the utter folly of these owners,their appointments,their commitment,their adroitness,their decision making .
They are killing us
I M beyond angry

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:21 - Feb 17 with 1656 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:13 - Feb 17 by KeithHaynes

the poster reckons Ronald should be played centrally we can all see how width has given us more edge

In fairness our ex manager is managing to do well with a more talented squad but is not persisting with the 5 at the back with the full/wingback the most advanced players and spending most of the time passing the ball around his teams half.
He now plays with 4 at the back and uses long passes .....totally different to the majority of his time here..I still don't think he will get automatic promotion and the saints forums are worth a read.....

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:23 - Feb 17 with 1648 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:21 - Feb 17 by vetchonian

the poster reckons Ronald should be played centrally we can all see how width has given us more edge

In fairness our ex manager is managing to do well with a more talented squad but is not persisting with the 5 at the back with the full/wingback the most advanced players and spending most of the time passing the ball around his teams half.
He now plays with 4 at the back and uses long passes .....totally different to the majority of his time here..I still don't think he will get automatic promotion and the saints forums are worth a read.....

Our sister website, the ugly inside is more negative than here 👍

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 21:47 - Feb 17 with 1432 viewsBillyChong

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 20:21 - Feb 17 by vetchonian

What long passes? Did you attend the Southampton home game?

They doubled our passes over 90 minutes and annihilated our right hand side first half via short play.

If Southampton fans are complaining on forums after 1 loss since September they are bonkers.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 21:53 - Feb 17 with 1419 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 21:47 - Feb 17 by BillyChong

What long passes? Did you attend the Southampton home game?

They doubled our passes over 90 minutes and annihilated our right hand side first half via short play.

If Southampton fans are complaining on forums after 1 loss since September they are bonkers.

I was there and check my posts on the matchday thread.
During that game we saw crossfield and passes over the top which we hardly saw under Martin here.
Take a look at the Saints fab forums after their loss to Bristol City their gans were bemoaning how there were
less long balls in that game Russy had gone back to his process asbhe thought he was safe with that 25 game run.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 22:30 - Feb 17 with 1348 viewsBillyChong

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 21:53 - Feb 17 by vetchonian

I was there and check my posts on the matchday thread.
During that game we saw crossfield and passes over the top which we hardly saw under Martin here.
Take a look at the Saints fab forums after their loss to Bristol City their gans were bemoaning how there were
less long balls in that game Russy had gone back to his process asbhe thought he was safe with that 25 game run.

90% accuracy in 649 passes doesn’t suggest much long ball activity. If it was, then it was pulled off to a standard way above championship level.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 10:13 - Feb 18 with 969 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 22:30 - Feb 17 by BillyChong

90% accuracy in 649 passes doesn’t suggest much long ball activity. If it was, then it was pulled off to a standard way above championship level.

we're you there or are you purely a stats man?
What I witnessed was a totally different style of play.
Less passing around for the sake of it playing with attacking intent crossfield passes and balls over the top.
I didn't say Southampton came here and pumped long balls but there were passes such as these we didn't see during the 2 years Martin was here.Yes they still played a passing game but there was variety.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 10:33 - Feb 18 with 949 viewsDr_Winston

From what I've seen of Southampton this season they're not really playing anything like we did for most of the last two years, other than the fact that it's still passing football.

Far more purposeful on the ball, a flat back four for the overwhelming majority of games and far less dumb in defence, albeit after an early wobble where they seemed to be trying a hybrid of the process and a more effective style. Better players have helped him of course, and I'd imagine that Colin Calderwood has explained the basics of defending to him, but there's more to it than that.

Martin seems to have finally worked out what he needed to do and it isn't his Plan A. It's just a shame that he wasted two years of our time learning that lesson.
[Post edited 18 Feb 11:00]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 10:34 - Feb 18 with 946 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 10:13 - Feb 18 by vetchonian

we're you there or are you purely a stats man?
What I witnessed was a totally different style of play.
Less passing around for the sake of it playing with attacking intent crossfield passes and balls over the top.
I didn't say Southampton came here and pumped long balls but there were passes such as these we didn't see during the 2 years Martin was here.Yes they still played a passing game but there was variety.

Stats kid people.
Like high possession stats make a team out to be good.
We had high stats of that but we’re not very effective.
Only stats that matter are goals
It is what wins trophies and gives the glory fans yearn for
Everything else is superfluous sheete

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 12:27 - Feb 18 with 849 viewsBryanSwan

I actually think we've started to improve, maybe the results aren't there yet but we are definitely playing better.
Ronald looks a decent buy offering a good option out wide.
Could've had a point yesterday, hopefully against some of the lesser teams we can convert the better performances into points.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 12:30 - Feb 18 with 846 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 12:27 - Feb 18 by BryanSwan

I actually think we've started to improve, maybe the results aren't there yet but we are definitely playing better.
Could've had a point yesterday, hopefully against some of the lesser teams we can convert the better performances into points.

I agree. Proper use of a striker is the starting point.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 13:08 - Feb 18 with 815 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 12:27 - Feb 18 by BryanSwan

Ronald's final ball was poor yesterday and he knows it, on another day we would have got at least a point.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:18 - Feb 18 with 756 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 13:08 - Feb 18 by Whiterockin

Ronald's final ball was poor yesterday and he knows it, on another day we would have got at least a point.

For one who’s almost just arrived ,he shows some commitment and balls.
He is one we need to look after

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:29 - Feb 18 with 732 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:18 - Feb 18 by onehunglow

For one who’s almost just arrived ,he shows some commitment and balls.
He is one we need to look after

Agreed but there is room for improvement.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:42 - Feb 18 with 711 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:29 - Feb 18 by Whiterockin

Agreed but there is room for improvement.

They can all improve but they can’t do it without basic desire and pride .
He looks proud enough to play for us even after such a short time .

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:56 - Feb 18 with 594 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 13:08 - Feb 18 by Whiterockin

Yep agree, the final ball wasnt quite there. But good to see someone getting in those positions and being positive going forward.
If he gets up to speed and the final balls improve we could have a real gem there.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:00 - Feb 18 with 590 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:56 - Feb 18 by BryanSwan

Yep agree, the final ball wasnt quite there. But good to see someone getting in those positions and being positive going forward.
If he gets up to speed and the final balls improve we could have a real gem there.

Maybe we could ensure he gets the ball as often as possible and get him it early .
Wood and Cabango stroking it sideways isn’t helping him.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:35 - Feb 18 with 534 viewsBryanSwan

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:00 - Feb 18 by onehunglow

Maybe we could ensure he gets the ball as often as possible and get him it early .
Wood and Cabango stroking it sideways isn’t helping him.

Im more concerned with having someone in the box for the chances to fall to.
If Myola has anything about him nows the time since we have a true winger playing.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:45 - Feb 18 with 526 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:35 - Feb 18 by BryanSwan

If Myola has anything about him nows the time since we have a true winger playing.

He will deliver. But will he get playing time. Starts for me at Sunderland.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 22:38 - Feb 18 with 385 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 17:35 - Feb 18 by BryanSwan

Agreed

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 09:51 - Feb 19 with 295 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 10:33 - Feb 18 by Dr_Winston

From what I've seen of Southampton this season they're not really playing anything like we did for most of the last two years, other than the fact that it's still passing football.

Far more purposeful on the ball, a flat back four for the overwhelming majority of games and far less dumb in defence, albeit after an early wobble where they seemed to be trying a hybrid of the process and a more effective style. Better players have helped him of course, and I'd imagine that Colin Calderwood has explained the basics of defending to him, but there's more to it than that.

Martin seems to have finally worked out what he needed to do and it isn't his Plan A. It's just a shame that he wasted two years of our time learning that lesson.
[Post edited 18 Feb 11:00]

But that’s what happens with managers. Same as all humans. They have to learn.
Martin was learning on the job, as he was young and hungry.
We were the job.
He took a couple of years to learn.
He started getting good and we thought it time to sack him and start again.
He took his new-found skills and applied them elsewhere.
Swansea start again and repeat.

Once LW has learned his trade properly, we can sack him and enable him to take another team to the prem, whilst we sack and start a fresh in training up young managers and players for other teams.

Our owners haven’t got a clue.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024