Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread 22:12 - Feb 14 with 10908 viewsModeratorC

The return of Al- Hamadi, a few Welsh internationals and Kiefer Sutherland who will want some more for sure.

Luke Williams : ‘We do not have time to sit and sulk or dwell on the game in midweek’ 16th Feb 2024 14:47
Luke Williams believes his side are merely making up the numbers in games against a better class of opposition. He also believes the ability of his players is woefully short in key areas. All that as he goes in search of his first home league win in six weeks since becoming Swans head coach. 0

Harry Darling 50/50 today v Ipswich Town plus latest news 17th Feb 2024 10:04
Harry Darling is undergoing fitness tests this morning as Luke Williams looks to bolster his defensive options before the arrival of Ipswich Town this afternoon at the Swansea.Com Stadium. (KO:3pm) Ipswich come to Swansea on the back of a 4-0 away win at Millwall on Tuesday night. 0

TEAM NEWS - Swansea City v Ipswich Town 17th Feb 2024 12:56
The usual story from the Swans with more injuries being monitored this morning at Fairwood. Bashir Humphreys and Harry Darling this time. 1

Swansea City : When you are down the luck just will not go for you! 17th Feb 2024 18:12
It was the same old story for the Swans today, a lack of luck for sure, but the overall quality was seriously lacking. The positives though are the side lived very well with a top six side. 1

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 22:31 - Feb 14 with 4330 viewsRhonddaSwans

Nice they have won 0-4 V Millwall

Gonna be another long game

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 08:59 - Feb 15 with 4144 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 22:31 - Feb 14 by RhonddaSwans

Nice they have won 0-4 V Millwall

Gonna be another long game

Keifer Moore v Woody.
Think I will just sit on the lavatory

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 10:05 - Feb 15 with 4097 viewsvjay48

jason scotland was very popular at Ipswich. My daughter lives in Ipswich an when he was first in Ipswich he stayed in the Holiday Inn near to a Tesco, she saw him leaving the shop, walking back to the Hotel, he was eating from a huge tub of Ice Cream, like the style!!!!!
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 11:04 - Feb 15 with 4044 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Looks like another very poor crowd on Saturday for the visit of Ipswich.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 11:30 - Feb 15 with 4003 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 11:04 - Feb 15 by felixstowe_jack

Looks like another very poor crowd on Saturday for the visit of Ipswich.

I'm not surprised. The official attendance on Tuesday was under 18,000 and there was much less than that there, ticket holders are just not turning up. This is going to be a major issue going forward, something needs to be done on and off the pitch otherwise attendances next season will be through the floor. Saturday I will be surprised if we get 15,000 official with less than that actually there.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 11:44 - Feb 15 with 3980 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 11:30 - Feb 15 by Whiterockin

I'm not surprised. The official attendance on Tuesday was under 18,000 and there was much less than that there, ticket holders are just not turning up. This is going to be a major issue going forward, something needs to be done on and off the pitch otherwise attendances next season will be through the floor. Saturday I will be surprised if we get 15,000 official with less than that actually there.

Fans can take beatings from better outfits but not humiliation.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 12:18 - Feb 15 with 3927 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 11:44 - Feb 15 by onehunglow

Fans can take beatings from better outfits but not humiliation.

There are two main things that need to improve, results on the pitch and the relationship between the owners and supporters. The fans don't trust the owners and don't believe they are doing the best for the club. The defeat to Leeds is not the problem if there is hope and progress, but the supporters are not seeing this. Supporters I have spoken to after Tuesday did not see it as humiliation, just well beaten by the better team.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 12:49 - Feb 15 with 3880 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 11:30 - Feb 15 by Whiterockin

i quess some fans may be losing faith but suspect Tuesday's crowd was affected by the awful weather and the fact it was a avaiblebto watch from the warmth of an armchair via sky.

Before u retired I usually gave the weeknight games a serve.
Many will may not turn up Saturday after Tuesday's result but that's nothing new....we same the same post Tosh....
Hopefully Ipswich will be a different prospect....interestingly Leeds scored 4 goals against Ipswich too on both occasions at least Leeds only gotc7 in total against us

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 13:00 - Feb 15 with 3853 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 12:18 - Feb 15 by Whiterockin

There are two main things that need to improve, results on the pitch and the relationship between the owners and supporters. The fans don't trust the owners and don't believe they are doing the best for the club. The defeat to Leeds is not the problem if there is hope and progress, but the supporters are not seeing this. Supporters I have spoken to after Tuesday did not see it as humiliation, just well beaten by the better team.

That acutely a case of fans being conditioned to expect failure if they wasn't humiliation I don't know what was
A virtual home game played 240 miles away

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 13:09 - Feb 15 with 3813 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 13:00 - Feb 15 by onehunglow

That acutely a case of fans being conditioned to expect failure if they wasn't humiliation I don't know what was
A virtual home game played 240 miles away

Is it easier to judge from 150 miles away than those actually there.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 13:33 - Feb 15 with 3786 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 13:09 - Feb 15 by Whiterockin

Is it easier to judge from 150 miles away than those actually there.

Anyone could see that the Leeds game was an utter humiliation, whether you were watching at the ground or from the other side of the world.

I'm expecting/hoping for a far better performance against Ipswich, the players owe us fans a game of guts and determination, and odd as it is, but I've got a feeling we're gonna get 3 points on Saturday.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:43 - Feb 15 with 3704 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 13:33 - Feb 15 by Flashberryjack

Anyone could see that the Leeds game was an utter humiliation, whether you were watching at the ground or from the other side of the world.

I'm expecting/hoping for a far better performance against Ipswich, the players owe us fans a game of guts and determination, and odd as it is, but I've got a feeling we're gonna get 3 points on Saturday.

I actually live 240 miles away ( via M6) but what I see on TV is exactly what those who were at the stadium saw.ie, a midfield strolled through at will,a shambilc defence with a CH actually in possession T full time in the process of stoking the ball back to his keeper.
Then we see Jerry ,again, utterly in the pocket of Joe Rodon,
Heyes a 2 m player with zero pace,no hearing ability and the courage of a banana split ,selected before very tall Uke playe who has never ever had a chance with us.
It’s pointless fans turning on other fans because they don’t or can’t go . They should be directing anger where it belongs
Amazing so many ,world wide, take time out to watch our pitiful offerings on the field of play.

Meanwhile,our coach takes no responsibility for this shyt show .

And ,we still have Grims as captain .

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:56 - Feb 15 with 3675 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Setting up with a very high defensive line against probably the quickest and trickiest attack in the division was astonishing. What was the thought process that resulted in that decision?
Then it was persisted with despite the clear pattern of the game from the kick off. Stevie Wonder could see what was happening so why couldn’t the manager and coaches. We were lucky to get nil as Bill Shankley once said.

He defensive strategy will be interesting on Saturday…
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:18 - Feb 15 with 3645 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:56 - Feb 15 by JumpingJackFlash

Setting up with a very high defensive line against probably the quickest and trickiest attack in the division was astonishing. What was the thought process that resulted in that decision?
Then it was persisted with despite the clear pattern of the game from the kick off. Stevie Wonder could see what was happening so why couldn’t the manager and coaches. We were lucky to get nil as Bill Shankley once said.

We have two centre backs who are utterly uncomfortable on the ball but are e pecten to start the pretty play off from the back .
That is astonishing
High line …against Gnoto . Jeez…Really .. This his thought process ?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:35 - Feb 15 with 3625 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:56 - Feb 15 by JumpingJackFlash

I’m pretty sure he knew there was a fair chance that would happen. They’d have beaten us if we’d sat back and invited them on like most teams do.

That’s the way he wants to play and we won’t play anyone close to that quality again this season. Although it seems a mental way to play against Leeds in isolation, I can completely see the logic in not trying to change a playing style for one game, particularly the middle one in a three game week.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 19:50 - Feb 15 with 3440 viewsswan_si

Kiefer Sutherland?🥴
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 22:19 - Feb 15 with 3330 viewsEagleEye

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 15:35 - Feb 15 by jack247

I’m pretty sure he knew there was a fair chance that would happen. They’d have beaten us if we’d sat back and invited them on like most teams do.

That’s the way he wants to play and we won’t play anyone close to that quality again this season. Although it seems a mental way to play against Leeds in isolation, I can completely see the logic in not trying to change a playing style for one game, particularly the middle one in a three game week.

If that’s the way he continues to play then we are in for a few more beatings. Our defence is not good enough to play that way. You would think that by now the coach would have realised this & amended the way we play to scrape together enough points to survive this season.

Ipswich play forward quickly on the break as they did against us at their place. They gifted us an early goal then tore us apart for the next 80 minutes up there. The scoreline (3-2) flattered us even though we ended up missing a sitter to draw the game.

If they score first on Saturday then I fear it will be a long day
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 22:29 - Feb 15 with 3318 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 22:19 - Feb 15 by EagleEye

If that’s the way he continues to play then we are in for a few more beatings. Our defence is not good enough to play that way. You would think that by now the coach would have realised this & amended the way we play to scrape together enough points to survive this season.

Ipswich play forward quickly on the break as they did against us at their place. They gifted us an early goal then tore us apart for the next 80 minutes up there. The scoreline (3-2) flattered us even though we ended up missing a sitter to draw the game.

It's common sense or should be
Williams should have us playing as risk free as possible to avoid relegation
If we stay up or when mathematically safe then he can try pretty footy
Frankly, right now, alarm bells are starting to chime
We've seen this film before

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 23:21 - Feb 15 with 3291 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 22:29 - Feb 15 by onehunglow

It's common sense or should be
Williams should have us playing as risk free as possible to avoid relegation
If we stay up or when mathematically safe then he can try pretty footy
Frankly, right now, alarm bells are starting to chime
We've seen this film before

Yes, and without knowledge of the whole plot.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 07:00 - Feb 16 with 3174 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I watched Leeds stuff Ipswich playing counter attacking football. We don't play quickly enough to have a chance of that..

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 10:46 - Feb 16 with 3066 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 23:21 - Feb 15 by KeithHaynes

Yes, and without knowledge of the whole plot.

You could sell the film rights of Ken Barnes exploits

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 11:58 - Feb 16 with 3004 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 22:19 - Feb 15 by EagleEye

I’m sure we are. I’m also sure we’ll hand a few beatings out. That style of football lends itself to scoring and conceding lots of goals. Notts County were in the playoffs when he left but they’d lost a lot of games. Very few draws.

It obviously works in non league where he presumably had better players than most of his rivals. They were doing well as a promoted league two team too. Remains to be seen whether it translates to the Championship. Can’t really judge so far given the teams we’ve played.
Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 12:19 - Feb 16 with 2987 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Ipswich Town have sold out their ticket allocations. Makes you wonder why we don't give away teams more tickets and get more income especially as we have 3000 empty seats most guys.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 14:57 - Feb 16 with 2834 viewsKeithHaynes

Luke Williams : ‘We do not have time to sit and sulk or dwell on the game in midweek’ 16th Feb 2024 14:47
Luke Williams believes his side are merely making up the numbers in games against a better class of opposition. He also believes the ability of his players is woefully short in key areas. All that as he goes in search of his first home league win in six weeks since becoming Swans head coach. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 16:44 - Feb 16 with 2752 viewsEagleEye

Swansea City v Ipswich Town : Match day thread on 11:58 - Feb 16 by jack247

I’m sure we are. I’m also sure we’ll hand a few beatings out. That style of football lends itself to scoring and conceding lots of goals. Notts County were in the playoffs when he left but they’d lost a lot of games. Very few draws.

It obviously works in non league where he presumably had better players than most of his rivals. They were doing well as a promoted league two team too. Remains to be seen whether it translates to the Championship. Can’t really judge so far given the teams we’ve played.

I’ve not seen anything like a good enough performance to predict that we will dish out a beating to anyone. We have only really performed well & won 1 league game, Hull under LW. Performing well & losing to Plymouth means little at this stage of the season as results against close rivals matter. Right now we need points. Trying to play our poor brand of open football against the likes of the top 3 is bordering on football suicide with our defence, possibly even arrogance from the coach. The players confidence will be dipping week on week & if we go behind early then I fear for us against anyone. Wish I had your confidence but we’ve still got some decent sides to play Ipswich, Sunderland, Boro, Norwich & most of the others will be 6 pointers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024