Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British Gas profits 17:32 - Feb 15 with 937 viewsonehunglow

Having worked for this company,I can verify they are avaricious buggers but profits up by power of ten is staggering and begs many questions .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

British Gas profits on 18:09 - Feb 15 with 908 viewsmajorraglan

Indeed, high energy costs are a major factor in pushing up inflation and causing businesses to fold.
British Gas profits on 18:24 - Feb 15 with 892 viewsSullutaCreturned

British Gas profits on 18:09 - Feb 15 by majorraglan

Indeed, high energy costs are a major factor in pushing up inflation and causing businesses to fold.

One of their spokespeople will be along soon to explain to us why really high prices are not the cause of massive profits.
British Gas profits on 19:52 - Feb 15 with 860 viewsmax936

I concur, was glad to leave, wish I'd never ever went there.

My stress and anxiety hit new heights towards the end.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

British Gas profits on 21:15 - Feb 15 with 813 viewsonehunglow

They always blame wholesale prices going up
It's simple greed
Gas and Electric are or should be basic rights

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

British Gas profits on 23:36 - Feb 15 with 759 viewsGwyn737

Apparently nationalised utilities don’t work.

Except they do. It’s just some of our utilities are nationalised for profit by other countries.
British Gas profits on 23:39 - Feb 15 with 758 viewsGwyn737

Apparently nationalised utilities don’t work.

Except they do. It’s just some of our utilities are nationalised for profit by other countries.
British Gas profits on 23:44 - Feb 15 with 754 viewsDr_Winston

Nationalised utilities don't work if they're run like other Government departments, which is something UK Governments never learned.

The UK Govt should own utilities like a shareholder but let private sector people get on with running it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

British Gas profits on 17:29 - Feb 16 with 630 viewsSullutaCreturned

British Gas profits on 23:44 - Feb 15 by Dr_Winston

Nationalised utilities don't work if they're run like other Government departments, which is something UK Governments never learned.

The UK Govt should own utilities like a shareholder but let private sector people get on with running it.

or we could find some better politicians and civil servants?

[Post edited 16 Feb 17:30]
Login to get fewer ads

British Gas profits on 14:48 - Feb 17 with 540 viewsReslovenSwan1

I am shareholder of Centrica. Their share price fluctuated between £1m and £3 over the last 30 years and I made some money on this cyclical fluctuation.

In covid 19 their price dropped to 34p a massive buying opportunity I missed. I was sitting on a big loss as customers migrated to cheaper rivals. The cheaper rivals went bust showing the Centrica was not over charging. Customers returned in droves to Centrica.

It is a question of global prices. UK does not store a lot of gas so cannot buy cheap and store. You no longer see the big tanks. UK could flatten out prices by storing vast quantities of gas under ground and buy it when it is cheap.

Wise sage since Toshack era

British Gas profits on 14:53 - Feb 17 with 540 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

British Gas profits on 17:29 - Feb 16 by SullutaCreturned

or we could find some better politicians and civil servants?

[Post edited 16 Feb 17:30]

We don’t find them. They are yes men and lackeys selected by the party machines based on who they are related/married to.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

British Gas profits on 22:11 - Feb 17 with 487 viewsSullutaCreturned

British Gas profits on 14:53 - Feb 17 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

We don’t find them. They are yes men and lackeys selected by the party machines based on who they are related/married to.

Hence the emoji. Maybe we need a more suitable emoji?
British Gas profits on 12:32 - Feb 18 with 432 viewsbennytheblue

British Gas profits on 22:11 - Feb 17 by SullutaCreturned

Hence the emoji. Maybe we need a more suitable emoji?

My gas elec is just over £300 last two months….last year it was £200 and £70 from Government back….hiw the hell are folk putting up with this? Using the same energy as last year but paying over twice as much. Guess I might hit the cap of 2k this year at least…..
British Gas profits on 14:03 - Feb 18 with 419 viewsSullutaCreturned

British Gas profits on 12:32 - Feb 18 by bennytheblue

My gas elec is just over £300 last two months….last year it was £200 and £70 from Government back….hiw the hell are folk putting up with this? Using the same energy as last year but paying over twice as much. Guess I might hit the cap of 2k this year at least…..

We're the same. This country is a constant rip off. We pay more than on the continent for worse services.

These comoanies dont maintain their infrastructure either and when they have to do work as a matter of urgency they tell us we have to pay more to cover the costs despite all the profits they have made and passed on to senior staff and shareholders.

it's all a scam and it's about time people spoke up.
British Gas profits on 18:48 - Feb 21 with 288 viewsReslovenSwan1

British Gas profits on 14:03 - Feb 18 by SullutaCreturned

We're the same. This country is a constant rip off. We pay more than on the continent for worse services.

These comoanies dont maintain their infrastructure either and when they have to do work as a matter of urgency they tell us we have to pay more to cover the costs despite all the profits they have made and passed on to senior staff and shareholders.

it's all a scam and it's about time people spoke up.

The European mainland were provided by cheap Russian gas and many still are. Of course it is cheaper. UK needs bigger storage capacity and buy when gas is cheap.

British Gas profits on 19:09 - Feb 21 with 282 viewsSullutaCreturned

British Gas profits on 18:48 - Feb 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The European mainland were provided by cheap Russian gas and many still are. Of course it is cheaper. UK needs bigger storage capacity and buy when gas is cheap.

Can you evidence those claims? UK does need a lot more storage though, specially comng up to winter months.
British Gas profits on 23:04 - Feb 21 with 258 viewsReslovenSwan1

British Gas profits on 19:09 - Feb 21 by SullutaCreturned

Can you evidence those claims? UK does need a lot more storage though, specially comng up to winter months.

From a google searches.

a) Claim Europe imports Russian gas.

In 2021, Russian piped gas supplied to Europe was 155 billion cubic metres (5.5 trillion cubic feet), in 2022 it was around 62 billion cubic metres (2.2 trillion cubic feet) and just 28 billion cubic metres (0.99 trillion cubic feet) in 2023.

b) UK has low storage

Low gas reserves - The UK has some of the lowest gas reserves in Europe, which means there's almost no way of stockpiling gas to use it when needed. Capacity is equivalent to roughly 2% of the UK's annual demand, compared with 25% for other European countries and as much as 37% in Europe's four largest storage holders.

c) UK gas is more expensive

Professor de Leeuw said: “Compared to our European neighbours, the UK has very limited gas storage capacity (up to 5 days versus up to 90 days in Germany). “This makes the UK more dependent on accessing gas in the short-term markets and therefore more exposed to price volatility.”

It seems to me UK should spend more on storage capacity. It will create jobs and increase wealth a by saving money for the future. ( a good investment).

Germany did not freeze by having 90 days of storage taking it through the coldest winter months if RF switched it all off. (which they did not do) .

[Post edited 21 Feb 23:09]

British Gas profits on 17:54 - Feb 22 with 202 viewsmax936

British Gas profits on 12:32 - Feb 18 by bennytheblue

My monthly bills regularly hit £300+ especially this time of year.

I work in energy and hear the same comments daily, this green energy con is another extra cost to squeeze yet more money out of the hard working Tax Payer.

Legalised thievery I call it!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024