Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drug driving 09:23 - Feb 21 with 1198 viewsonehunglow

I’m actually quite shocked at some attitudes towards driving having drugs in the system.
Police officers I speak to say it’s epidemic levels now and drink driving not mu+h better.
Why is this ?
Are people now less willing to accept facts that they don’t like ?
Whatever,it’s killing us ,literally .
What can we do?
[Post edited 21 Feb 9:23]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Drug driving on 09:41 - Feb 21 with 969 viewsjackrmee

There’s drug driving and then there’s driving with your medication in your system.

If you doctor tells you you need to take your meds in the morning, then you have to drive later, this is allowed, and should be, unless you feel drowsy or impaired. That is up to you to judge..
If you crash and you are too impaired to drive, then yes that’s wrong.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Drug driving on 13:45 - Feb 21 with 910 viewshowenjack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13108259/Speeding-car-roundabout-Asda-d

Speed plays a part here.

[Post edited 21 Feb 13:59]
Drug driving on 14:26 - Feb 21 with 889 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drug driving on 09:41 - Feb 21 by jackrmee

There’s drug driving and then there’s driving with your medication in your system.

If you doctor tells you you need to take your meds in the morning, then you have to drive later, this is allowed, and should be, unless you feel drowsy or impaired. That is up to you to judge..
If you crash and you are too impaired to drive, then yes that’s wrong.

Think the original post was about illegal drugs not prescribed medicines there is a difference.

The police can only test for cocain , canabis and of course alcohol.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Drug driving on 20:19 - Feb 21 with 848 viewsSullutaCreturned

What can we do...drive very carefully, pay attention and dont induge in road rage.

This situation is exactly why I have dashcams front and rear.
Drug driving on 20:53 - Feb 21 with 824 viewsFlashberryjack

Drug driving on 20:19 - Feb 21 by SullutaCreturned

What can we do...drive very carefully, pay attention and dont induge in road rage.

Bit of advise I was given after I passed my driving test was, assume every other driver on the road is a complete and utter idiot, and to expect the unexpected.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Drug driving on 21:10 - Feb 21 with 817 viewsonehunglow

Drug driving on 20:53 - Feb 21 by Flashberryjack

Bit of advise I was given after I passed my driving test was, assume every other driver on the road is a complete and utter idiot, and to expect the unexpected.

Too true.
Assume nothing.
Someone indicating left as yiu are turning right!
Assume nothing.
If drugged,this is what you face d1ckheads as your thinking process is affected by dope .
If you get stuck in a flooded ditch and your doped,chances are you will drown

Drug driving on 21:58 - Feb 21 with 789 viewsmax936

Drug driving on 20:19 - Feb 21 by SullutaCreturned

I do a hell of a lot of driving through any given week with work, my van is a long wheelbase job, lovely van in fairness, can motor as well if that's your thing, but the things I see on a daily basis is incredible, phone use when driving is a massive issue and I regularly get a whiff of wacky baccy from cars passing, which is another massive issue.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Drug driving on 23:50 - Feb 21 with 762 viewsjackrmee

Drug driving on 14:26 - Feb 21 by felixstowe_jack

Think the original post was about illegal drugs not prescribed medicines there is a difference.

The police can only test for cocain , canabis and of course alcohol.

True.
Ii had mentioned to OHL on another thread regards this, I forgot to put into context in this thread.

My point was actually that cannabis is now a prescribed medication.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Drug driving on 23:53 - Feb 21 with 762 viewsjackrmee

Drug driving on 21:10 - Feb 21 by onehunglow

Too true.
Assume nothing.
Someone indicating left as yiu are turning right!
Assume nothing.
If drugged,this is what you face d1ckheads as your thinking process is affected by dope .
If you get stuck in a flooded ditch and your doped,chances are you will drown

“Dope” can actually help attention and make you more focussed and calm. Its why I cannabis is prescribed for adhd symptoms and anxiety.

Drug driving on 07:05 - Feb 22 with 713 viewsmangohilljack

Drug driving on 13:45 - Feb 21 by howenjack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13108259/Speeding-car-roundabout-Asda-d

Speed plays a part here.

[Post edited 21 Feb 13:59]

What sort of world do we live in?
fatal crash and there are people with their phones out filming the lot or dare I say it doing lives from the scene.
Drug driving on 07:58 - Feb 22 with 704 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drug driving on 23:53 - Feb 21 by jackrmee

“Dope” can actually help attention and make you more focussed and calm. Its why I cannabis is prescribed for adhd symptoms and anxiety.

Dope had been proved to reduce awareness and increase reaction time both of which increase the chances of accidents.

During Merseyside Police Christmas road side testing campaign an astonishing 45% of cannabis and cocaine tests were positive this compared to 9% who tested positive for alcohol.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Drug driving on 08:44 - Feb 22 with 672 viewsYrAlarch

Another issue is how long cannabis and cocaine can be detected in your body as opposed to alcohol. I understand cocaine can be detected for a couple of days and cannabis for far longer. How many users take that into account when deciding to drive. Not many probably.
Drug driving on 08:47 - Feb 22 with 669 viewsangryjack

Because tested more,people have always smoked cannabis taken speed ,cocaine.. its just been tested more..you can not had bit coke few days feel perfectly normal but fail a test..
[Post edited 22 Feb 8:47]
Drug driving on 08:52 - Feb 22 with 657 viewsBoundy

Drug driving on 20:53 - Feb 21 by Flashberryjack

As I and I've yet to be proved wrong , never assume that someone's turning even though they have an indicator on , that they've seen you , they're going to brake as they approach you from behind at a set of lights, they'll give way at a roundabout , the list is endless.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Drug driving on 08:54 - Feb 22 with 647 viewsjackrmee

Drug driving on 07:58 - Feb 22 by felixstowe_jack

Dope had been proved to reduce awareness and increase reaction time both of which increase the chances of accidents.

During Merseyside Police Christmas road side testing campaign an astonishing 45% of cannabis and cocaine tests were positive this compared to 9% who tested positive for alcohol.

Sorry, I don’t think cannabis reduces awareness. It expands awareness.

Even if you are correct, it still stands that cannabis is a prescription medication. It should not be lumped into the “drug driving” convo.

It’s not good to drive when intoxicated, obviously. But that means being actually impaired.
One can use cannabis, but not be impaired enough to not be able to drive.
Same as someone who is on certain pain killing drugs, which can cause drowsiness. It’s advised not to drive under the influence, but this is up to the driver to decide on his/her condition.

It is arguable that cannabis makes for better drivers, due to increased clarity of perception and enhanced senses.

If one person takes 3 Valium and doesn’t have any mental impairment or drowsiness, then they are fine to drive.
If a different person feels dizzy after 1 tablet, due to less tolerance, that person should not drive.
Person 1 has taken 3 times as much of a benzodiazepine, but would not be breaking the law. Person 2 has taken 3 times less, but would be breaking the law.

It is not illegal to drive under the influence of cannabis.
It is illegal to drive without a valid cannabis prescription, or if you are impaired enough for your driving to become dangerous.

Drug driving on 09:12 - Feb 22 with 642 viewsjackrmee

Drug driving on 08:44 - Feb 22 by YrAlarch

Another issue is how long cannabis and cocaine can be detected in your body as opposed to alcohol. I understand cocaine can be detected for a couple of days and cannabis for far longer. How many users take that into account when deciding to drive. Not many probably.

No, exactly.
But even though it’s detected in your system, therefore causing you to break the law(if not prescribed), but this has no bearing on safety.
One may be over the drug drive limit, by smoking a joint the night before.
No way would that cause any impairment the next day.

Edit:typo
[Post edited 22 Feb 9:15]

Drug driving on 09:18 - Feb 22 with 648 viewsonehunglow

Drug driving on 08:54 - Feb 22 by jackrmee

Sorry, I don’t think cannabis reduces awareness. It expands awareness.

Even if you are correct, it still stands that cannabis is a prescription medication. It should not be lumped into the “drug driving” convo.

It’s not good to drive when intoxicated, obviously. But that means being actually impaired.
One can use cannabis, but not be impaired enough to not be able to drive.
Same as someone who is on certain pain killing drugs, which can cause drowsiness. It’s advised not to drive under the influence, but this is up to the driver to decide on his/her condition.

It is arguable that cannabis makes for better drivers, due to increased clarity of perception and enhanced senses.

If one person takes 3 Valium and doesn’t have any mental impairment or drowsiness, then they are fine to drive.
If a different person feels dizzy after 1 tablet, due to less tolerance, that person should not drive.
Person 1 has taken 3 times as much of a benzodiazepine, but would not be breaking the law. Person 2 has taken 3 times less, but would be breaking the law.

It is not illegal to drive under the influence of cannabis.
It is illegal to drive without a valid cannabis prescription, or if you are impaired enough for your driving to become dangerous.

Nothing personal but that is an horrendous read ,one of the most dangerous I have seen.
You are clearly advocating driving a motor vehicle on a public road whilst under the influence of cannabis.
Medicinal ? Makes no odds. Shouldn’t drive .
Raises awareness? Incredible and it’s hard to make a coherent response to that .
Drug users always seek to justify their addiction,their pleasure, their need ,no matter what ,no matter who it kills .
Why not advocate cocoons,ecstasy ,that opens your mind,right. Oils even add LSD and see how they fly .
You are on dangerous ground . Rethink, before it kills you
Your attitude is killing people ,people who do not deserve to have their lives ended by selfish ,arrogant jerks who are drug addicts in denial .it won’t happen to you will it ?

I M putting you on ignore as any further dialogue would lead me becoming truly angry
[Post edited 22 Feb 9:20]

Drug driving on 09:23 - Feb 22 with 631 viewsjackrmee

Drug driving on 09:18 - Feb 22 by onehunglow

Nothing personal but that is an horrendous read ,one of the most dangerous I have seen.
You are clearly advocating driving a motor vehicle on a public road whilst under the influence of cannabis.
Raises awareness? Incredible and it’s hard to make a coherent response to that .
Drug users always seek to justify their addiction,their pleasure, their need ,no matter what ,no matter who it kills .
Why not advocate cocoons,ecstasy ,that opens your mind,right. Oils even add LSD and see how they fly .
Your attitude is killing people ,people who do not deserve to have their lives ended by selfish ,arrogant jerks who are drug addicts in denial .it won’t happen to you will it ?

I M putting you on ignore as any further dialogue would lead me becoming truly angry

I’m not advocating anything. It’s the law.
If you are prescribed cannabis, you can drive whilst using it. Simple as that.

Cannabis definitely enhances awareness, yes.

You are confusing driving with cannabis in your system, to driving whilst intoxicated or impaired.

Drug driving on 08:53 - Feb 23 with 499 viewsYrAlarch

Drug driving on 09:18 - Feb 22 by onehunglow

Don't ignore ... engage. That is what proper debate is all about.
I think you have advocated that yourself on other occasions.
Drug driving on 08:57 - Feb 23 with 498 viewsonehunglow

Drug driving on 08:53 - Feb 23 by YrAlarch

Don't ignore ... engage. That is what proper debate is all about.
I think you have advocated that yourself on other occasions.

Morning.
I have and do but there are limits
To read advocating cannabis as an enhancement hits the boundary for me.
I have my tolerance limits ,as do you .
Would you not agree such advocacy is dangerous?

Drug driving on 09:25 - Feb 23 with 492 viewsYrAlarch

Drug driving on 08:57 - Feb 23 by onehunglow

Morning.
I have and do but there are limits
To read advocating cannabis as an enhancement hits the boundary for me.
I have my tolerance limits ,as do you .
Would you not agree such advocacy is dangerous?

I do agree. The evidence shows that drugs such as cannabis and cocaine impairs your ability to drive and significantly increases the risk of an accident.
Drug driving on 09:36 - Feb 23 with 490 viewsonehunglow

Drug driving on 09:25 - Feb 23 by YrAlarch

I do agree. The evidence shows that drugs such as cannabis and cocaine impairs your ability to drive and significantly increases the risk of an accident.

Mate.
My son in law is a serving officer .
Over Christmas pud recently we were discussing this very subject mainly as he d locked up a driver for just this and was late for Christmas dinner at ours and we had to microwave it all after he got himself away from the job .

Up here,it is epidemic proportion.

They feel they can fly as well as drive. Heightened awareness is the last thing drugs do .

Frankly,I’m still seething over reading one of our own coming up with this utter crap . Kids taking to the wheel after consuming a split believing they really can “drive” cuts me to the bone . Just how the living feck do we educate people like this .

Never forget ,it is invariably innocent men women and children that find out that these drives can’t by paying with their lives .

Drug driving on 10:10 - Feb 23 with 482 viewsYrAlarch

Drug driving on 09:23 - Feb 22 by jackrmee

I’m not advocating anything. It’s the law.
If you are prescribed cannabis, you can drive whilst using it. Simple as that.

Cannabis definitely enhances awareness, yes.

You are confusing driving with cannabis in your system, to driving whilst intoxicated or impaired.

It is not 'Siimple as that'. Check out section 5 of the Road Traffic Act in it's entirety. There are caveats to the exemption regarding prescriptions.
Drug driving on 10:33 - Feb 23 with 473 viewsonehunglow

Drug driving on 10:10 - Feb 23 by YrAlarch

It is not 'Siimple as that'. Check out section 5 of the Road Traffic Act in it's entirety. There are caveats to the exemption regarding prescriptions.

Or S 5A .
What is worrying me is the simple fact drugs are seen as increasing awareness
This was / is said about LSD
are we suggesting driving under LSD increases awareness and pre legion of hazards
As a society ,we are on dangerous ground.
Our roads are full of drugged up drivers who use their car at times when kids are being dropped off or collected from school.

God help us and protect us from our own arrogance and stupidity

Drug driving on 12:09 - Feb 23 with 459 viewsPlankton

It's advice not advise
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024