Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? 08:00 - Feb 26 with 1792 viewsSwansIndependent

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? 26th Feb 2024 08:00
Nathan Wood is pretty much back to full match fitness after a long lay off this season. In fact Wood is now facing more dilemmas with just three months until his initial two year Swans contract is up. 0

Knock on, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 08:45 - Feb 26 with 1721 viewsWhiterockin

As we have offered a contract are we not due a settlement if he moves on because of his age. Surely the offers we turned down would have a bearing on the settlement.
Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 09:38 - Feb 26 with 1650 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 08:45 - Feb 26 by Whiterockin

As we have offered a contract are we not due a settlement if he moves on because of his age. Surely the offers we turned down would have a bearing on the settlement.

Not sure we have offered a contract 🤷🏻‍♂️

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 10:06 - Feb 26 with 1600 viewsWhiterockin

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 09:38 - Feb 26 by KeithHaynes

Not sure we have offered a contract 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not even our senior management could be stupid enough not to do the basics, or are they.
Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 10:12 - Feb 26 with 1576 viewsjackrmee

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 10:06 - Feb 26 by Whiterockin

Not even our senior management could be stupid enough not to do the basics, or are they.

No. Even if the offer hasn’t been made yet, it surely will be. There is absolutely no reason not to. I’m pretty sure Wood can’t turn it down even. It’s the clubs choice.
The only issue is the type of situation Pato was in. Club want to issue the agreed extra year, but the player thinks he should get a pay rise at the same time. If the club can navigate that little bump in the process, all should be fine.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 10:20 - Feb 26 with 1561 viewsWhiterockin

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 10:12 - Feb 26 by jackrmee

No. Even if the offer hasn’t been made yet, it surely will be. There is absolutely no reason not to. I’m pretty sure Wood can’t turn it down even. It’s the clubs choice.
The only issue is the type of situation Pato was in. Club want to issue the agreed extra year, but the player thinks he should get a pay rise at the same time. If the club can navigate that little bump in the process, all should be fine.

I believe he could turn it down if it didn't meet the requirements to trigger the extension. As I say they can't be that stupid.
Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 10:41 - Feb 26 with 1505 viewsjackrmee

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 10:20 - Feb 26 by Whiterockin

I believe he could turn it down if it didn't meet the requirements to trigger the extension. As I say they can't be that stupid.

Maybe. But surely the extension is already agreed and written into his contract.
Wasn’t that the problem with Pato?
He had already agreed to what was in his contract, but he felt that he deserved more, as he was playing so well, so wanted to renegotiate?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 16:15 - Feb 26 with 1272 viewsQJumpingJack

I am sure I read that Martin and Southampton were monitoring Wood this season.
Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 16:22 - Feb 26 with 1267 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 16:15 - Feb 26 by QJumpingJack

I am sure I read that Martin and Southampton were monitoring Wood this season.

Not sure Southampton would be interested in defender from one of the worse defences in the championship.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 17:16 - Feb 26 with 1230 viewsDr_Winston

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 16:22 - Feb 26 by felixstowe_jack

Not sure Southampton would be interested in defender from one of the worse defences in the championship.

He was a defender in one of the worst defences in the Championship last season too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 17:57 - Feb 26 with 1194 viewsonehunglow

Really can’t see why we should be falling over ourselves to keep him.
There are better out there .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 17:58 - Feb 26 with 1194 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 17:16 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

He was a defender in one of the worst defences in the Championship last season too.

Alan Tate Garry Monk Neil Taylor were ordinary players never linked with big money sales but part of a rock solid defence under Sousa and Brendan.

Conversely one player in a bad defence is not necessarily and bad player. I believe Wood is exactly the sort of player Swansea should endeavour to tie up for 3-4 more years. He has pace strength athleticism and height. He is also a valuable team member it seems. I rather see him given ÂŁ10k than Joey Allen.

What is the point of playing Wood and Cabango now if they have no future at the club. Two 26 year olds from the lower leagues would organise a tighter defence probably. They are work in progress just like Ashley Williams was and what a monster he became.

He will be the next Whittaker. Bad here great everywhere else. It is William's job to sort the issues out and bring Wood on. Give him a 4 year deal on good money and make him the new Ashley. He has England u20 /u21 heritage. Best in class.

Mentoring gradual improvement and development of players who have the basic tools. Then in 3 year it is the finished article and big money will be required. Goykeres money. All he needed was time and mentoring.

That recovery tackle on the Ipswich forward was outstanding and with VAR would have been recognised as such.
[Post edited 26 Feb 18:01]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 18:48 - Feb 26 with 1117 viewsblackpooljack

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 17:58 - Feb 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Alan Tate Garry Monk Neil Taylor were ordinary players never linked with big money sales but part of a rock solid defence under Sousa and Brendan.

Conversely one player in a bad defence is not necessarily and bad player. I believe Wood is exactly the sort of player Swansea should endeavour to tie up for 3-4 more years. He has pace strength athleticism and height. He is also a valuable team member it seems. I rather see him given ÂŁ10k than Joey Allen.

What is the point of playing Wood and Cabango now if they have no future at the club. Two 26 year olds from the lower leagues would organise a tighter defence probably. They are work in progress just like Ashley Williams was and what a monster he became.

He will be the next Whittaker. Bad here great everywhere else. It is William's job to sort the issues out and bring Wood on. Give him a 4 year deal on good money and make him the new Ashley. He has England u20 /u21 heritage. Best in class.

Mentoring gradual improvement and development of players who have the basic tools. Then in 3 year it is the finished article and big money will be required. Goykeres money. All he needed was time and mentoring.

That recovery tackle on the Ipswich forward was outstanding and with VAR would have been recognised as such.
[Post edited 26 Feb 18:01]

Jeez one good tackle in two years that can go along with the countless no. of shocking performances as OHL said there are better out there i too wouldnt be falling over myself to offer him a new contract.
Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 19:32 - Feb 26 with 1068 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 18:48 - Feb 26 by blackpooljack

Jeez one good tackle in two years that can go along with the countless no. of shocking performances as OHL said there are better out there i too wouldnt be falling over myself to offer him a new contract.

You quote OHL. wow He does not go to games and the only positive he has said about anything recently was about Liverpool not Swansea.

Wood is a kid only 21 still and thrown in the chaos of a Martin defence with Fisher behind him giving everyone kittens. Brendan got a song within 6 months Martin was still making excuses after 18 months. He demanded time then jumped ship before his contract was over. If he loved Swansea he would have least paid the agree compensation.

Wood has enviable talent. Swansea must bring it out. The club is letting too much talent leave. Gyorkeres Whittaker and the rest.

Patience is the key with youngsters like this. They need backing and support. Cullen and Ollie Cooper have had it and they is 24 (three years older) and nowhere near as talented as Wood.

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 19:45 - Feb 26 with 1053 viewsKeithHaynes

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 19:32 - Feb 26 by ReslovenSwan1

You quote OHL. wow He does not go to games and the only positive he has said about anything recently was about Liverpool not Swansea.

Wood is a kid only 21 still and thrown in the chaos of a Martin defence with Fisher behind him giving everyone kittens. Brendan got a song within 6 months Martin was still making excuses after 18 months. He demanded time then jumped ship before his contract was over. If he loved Swansea he would have least paid the agree compensation.

Wood has enviable talent. Swansea must bring it out. The club is letting too much talent leave. Gyorkeres Whittaker and the rest.

Patience is the key with youngsters like this. They need backing and support. Cullen and Ollie Cooper have had it and they is 24 (three years older) and nowhere near as talented as Wood.

He didn’t jump ship, there’s a lawsuit ongoing regards his dismissal hence no compensation agreed.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 20:07 - Feb 26 with 1022 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 19:45 - Feb 26 by KeithHaynes

He didn’t jump ship, there’s a lawsuit ongoing regards his dismissal hence no compensation agreed.

Martin had a contract and notified the club he wanted to leave the club. He left without any compensation agreed. A highly unsatisfactory state of affairs.

Swansea were in a tight spot and did not want another wrecked pre season so bit the bullet. Martin had stated he needed time to get his philosophy across to the squad. He was given time.

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 20:23 - Feb 26 with 997 viewsWhiterockin

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 20:07 - Feb 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Martin had a contract and notified the club he wanted to leave the club. He left without any compensation agreed. A highly unsatisfactory state of affairs.

Swansea were in a tight spot and did not want another wrecked pre season so bit the bullet. Martin had stated he needed time to get his philosophy across to the squad. He was given time.

So have they actually bitten the bullet or is there an ongoing law suite.
Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 20:34 - Feb 26 with 980 viewsonehunglow

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 19:32 - Feb 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Now hold on there Ressie ,me on mucked.
Please don’t post shyte like that or we will be at each others throats boring the hold bejesus out of everyone.
Now then,now then,now then….
Beautiful photo of Swansea, ( my home town,not yours) on BBC breakfast time weather .
The arena is up for an architecture award . Good to see.

Liverpool players,coach and fans singing in harmony was nice to see. Not positive ,but fact .

Being a valley boy ,you dont like big city Jacks . It’s a common trait with such a domineering ,great historical city on your doorstep overshadowing your dark valley .

No offence .

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 20:35 - Feb 26 with 977 viewsonehunglow

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 18:48 - Feb 26 by blackpooljack

Don’t fffffing agree with me ,mun. It’ll ruin your good name
Best to join my impressive list of “ followers”

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 00:00 - Feb 27 with 865 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 20:23 - Feb 26 by Whiterockin

So have they actually bitten the bullet or is there an ongoing law suite.

Coleman could have told Martin to full fill his contract and say he was not going anywhere until Southampton honoured his contract. This would have taken a month or two wrecking both team's pre seasons.

Both teams wanted to get on with it. Martin had been given a lot of patience and left on the point of actually getting somewhere with it. It seemed to be improving after two long seasons of pain.

Williams was probably the best choice then as he offered continuity. Swansea first goal v Sunderland was more Martin than Duff and offers hope for the future with better recruitment and round holes and round pins.

Coleman "bit the bullet" by letting Martin go for his pot of gold and not finishing his project. Cooper left with Martin having a curtailed pre season which he regularly used as an excuse in his first season.

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 17:50 - Feb 27 with 683 viewsblackpooljack

And whilst he's learning his trade he's coughing up points left right and centre. Rodon was given his chance at the same age and is a Rolls Royce in comparison.
Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 19:27 - Feb 27 with 635 viewsReslovenSwan1

Nathan Wood : Down to the wire ? Or just a formality ? on 17:50 - Feb 27 by blackpooljack

And whilst he's learning his trade he's coughing up points left right and centre. Rodon was given his chance at the same age and is a Rolls Royce in comparison.

Joe was just back from a chastening loans at Cheltenham where he learned some hard lessons of big centre forwards like Akinfenwa.

He learned those lessons well and played 21 games under master defensive coach Steve Cooper alongside Premier league player Mike vd Horn.

Wood has played under 4 or 5 coaches already and more game under his belt. Swansea fans need to show patience. He is a sprinter and gaining experience.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024