Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS 21:23 - Mar 12 with 16047 viewsModeratorC

Cardiff win one Welsh derby and they are champions of whatever is going on in their heads that minute. Try being real champions and set records as well. The proof is down there ⬇️

The South Wales derby : Dominated by the Swans ! 13th Mar 2024 15:04
Cardiff City still celebrate their win earlier this season when we saw an appalling Swansea performance away, even worse than the pitiful showing against Bristol City last weekend. However, that one win seems to have spiralled in to a euphoric belief all things are now good for Cardiff, who in fact are basically dreadful. As are Swansea City. 0

Erol conjuring up some Turkish delight tomorrow - Latest reaction to the derby 15th Mar 2024 08:00
The general feeling across the way near England is that this weekends fixture between Swansea City and Cardiff is a nailed on three or four goal win, it’s there across social media. This could easily happen, the Swans have done it on numerous occasions in recent years. Of course Cardiff have not, but they seem to believe they will. 1

Swansea City : It’s right here and right now for Luke 16th Mar 2024 07:25
Swansea head coach, Luke Williams has limited derby day experience as a coach but seems to have cottoned on to the fact that Swansea City must not lose todays home game against Cardiff City. It’s that simple. 0

The weekend that ensured everything for Swansea City 17th Mar 2024 20:47
The build up, the rivalry, the pressure, the game, the outcome and loads more this evening on the Indy. Take your pick, relax and enjoy the final part of the weekend. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 09:10 - Mar 17 with 1708 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:47 - Mar 16 by union_jack

In fairness, R’s criticism of Grimes was specific in that he felt he should have alleviated Cullen of the responsibility. It may of course been discussed pre-ko that Cullen was to take penalties bur we dint know that. He’s right in that this sort of situation needs a strong captaincy and saying “no” when called upon.

Sadly, the “ usual suspects” grouping together again
Whelp shocki

I stand by every word so if you don’t like it,don’t read . That simple

Twenty years

Great and welcome win overtaken by bile speech by exactly the same crew

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 09:30 - Mar 17 with 1657 viewsjack247

What exactly is Grimes being criticised for here? Allowing Liam Cullen to take a penalty? Do we even know who was designated taker? Grimes used to take everything. He’s taken far fewer corners and free kicks under Williams.

If that’s all we’re attacking our own players for, they must have done alright.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 09:44 - Mar 17 with 1634 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 09:10 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

Sadly, the “ usual suspects” grouping together again
Whelp shocki

I stand by every word so if you don’t like it,don’t read . That simple

Twenty years

Great and welcome win overtaken by bile speech by exactly the same crew

Yep,indeed. It’s a much abused phrase.
Back on topic,great win,welcome relief,Grimes played well , clean sheet, right tactics ,good crowd ,other rivals lost .
Now, that should make us happy and not see the perennial ,tedious baiting by a few .

What spoilt yesterday for my humble self was the rugby which far exceeded any pain the swans have inflicted this season.

Next job is to see off Weds and The Hoops then we should be able to enjoy the summer .

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 10:07 - Mar 17 with 1591 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 20:03 - Mar 16 by Dr_Winston

By some distance our best central defender for me, which makes his regular shoehorning in as a RB even more bizarre.

Overall though a good performance and our best 90 minute display since the Autumn. We're always going to play better football than the Canton Jamrags, but it was nice to see the sort of control for the full game that's mostly been lacking this season.

More of this we need to see. Hopefully Williams is capable of getting these performances out of the team on a regular basis and not just for the Derby.

Darling never looked comfortable on the left side of the three and wasn't helped by the Martin style of defending overplaying when the central defender should be doing what they need to as the last line of defence attacking the ball as needed and not play bump trying to ease attackers off the ball.
After his booking he played more maturely as sometimes he can lose his head a bit which then results in a loss of concentration.
All in all a good preformance all round.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 10:10 - Mar 17 with 1576 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 10:07 - Mar 17 by RichardO

Darling never looked comfortable on the left side of the three and wasn't helped by the Martin style of defending overplaying when the central defender should be doing what they need to as the last line of defence attacking the ball as needed and not play bump trying to ease attackers off the ball.
After his booking he played more maturely as sometimes he can lose his head a bit which then results in a loss of concentration.
All in all a good preformance all round.

He was very good indeed although we could do without the theatrics .
He kept his head though so well done to him.
I see him as captian material.
His desire obvious right at the end of the game with the Cooper track back and tackle ,which was great

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 11:35 - Mar 17 with 1463 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 10:10 - Mar 17 by onehunglow

He was very good indeed although we could do without the theatrics .
He kept his head though so well done to him.
I see him as captian material.
His desire obvious right at the end of the game with the Cooper track back and tackle ,which was great

At the beginning I thought the occasion got to him but as others have said he settled down and as others gave a Sterling performance,he is erratic at times but definitely deserves more playing time and yes dare I say it perhaps the captains arm band

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 12:05 - Mar 17 with 1392 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 11:35 - Mar 17 by Boundy

At the beginning I thought the occasion got to him but as others have said he settled down and as others gave a Sterling performance,he is erratic at times but definitely deserves more playing time and yes dare I say it perhaps the captains arm band

Agree. I was worried he was going to get another card as he and Meite kept chipping away at each other after the yellows.

He got passed that though and played brilliantly.

Personally I’m keeping Grimes as captain. I can see why people would prefer Darling though.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 13:46 - Mar 17 with 1313 viewsAnotherJohn

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:40 - Mar 16 by swancity

It’s so easy to be wise after the event with the benefit of hindsight. Who is to say that Grimes would have scored it anyway. If he’d missed it, you can guarantee that everyone would be saying that Cullen should have taken it.

Cullen should have scored. Just happened it was one of the 15 % or so that was missed. Luckily it didn’t cost us.

A striker who was confident enough to take it. That’s good enough for me.

From my experience, the "confidence" argument doesn't work too well. We have seen another example today in the Chelsea vs Leicester game. Sterling feels confident and grabs the ball ahead of the designated penalty taker, Palmer, who has scored 5 in a row. He misses with a weak effort down the middle. This happens all too often when this approach is tried.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:47 - Mar 17 with 1125 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 13:46 - Mar 17 by AnotherJohn

From my experience, the "confidence" argument doesn't work too well. We have seen another example today in the Chelsea vs Leicester game. Sterling feels confident and grabs the ball ahead of the designated penalty taker, Palmer, who has scored 5 in a row. He misses with a weak effort down the middle. This happens all too often when this approach is tried.

Swansea have had four penalties this season.
Lowe has taken 3 scored 2 missed 1.
Cullen taken 1 missed 1.

Given that Lowe was not on the pitch to take it Cullen was nominated taker

Grimes has taken 7 penalties over his career scored 7.
4 in league 2 in FA cup 1 in league Cup.

He seems to have a better scoring record than both Lowe or Cullen.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:54 - Mar 17 with 1119 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:47 - Mar 17 by felixstowe_jack

Cullen taken 1 missed 1.

Cullen let a hattrick slip him by. Michu would have the matchball. He is improving season by season but if he wants to be a true number nine he must improve his heading. When the ball comes in high it looks to me he does not fancy it at all.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:56 - Mar 17 with 1115 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 17:47 - Mar 17 by felixstowe_jack

Cullen taken 1 missed 1.

So do we actually know he’s our designated penalty taker when Lowe isn’t playing (which is most of the time)?

As I said earlier, he’s had a lot less set piece responsibility this season. Cullen was 0 from 0 before yesterday and is the type of player you’d assume would be comfortable taking them.

Or is it easier just to call Grimes a coward, poor leader etc?
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:04 - Mar 17 with 1018 viewsbennytheblue

Soon as a saw the team sheet I knew we were in trouble. Going back to the bad old ways, I thought bulut got it but maybe he doesn’t. In the home tie, I believe you lost Joe Allen in the warm up? Now this is a game you need someone, a local, someone who is going to give everything. That swung things in our favour early, you looked lost, no one stood up. That’s exactly what we looked like yesterday. Now I know Ramsey hasn’t played for 6 months but we needed him from the off, if only to set the tone to everyone else, the clueless who didn’t see, to know what was coming. Why no colwill? Our best player of late also? A guy who will know the standard too. Ralls also, been here since he was a kid. Wintle is so weak.
A decent barometer for how things should be are the u21 and u18, both of which regularly beat you, full of local lads who just know. That’s what you need in a Derby…..we’d have been better of playing both colwil brothers and ashford, can’t have done any worse. You like us want to see passion, we are Welsh after all. It was a good, if strange feeling after the first game, thought the club had learnt from years of bad mgt, but no….back to standard. Embarrassing to the city of Cardiff, again.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:27 - Mar 17 with 984 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:04 - Mar 17 by bennytheblue

Soon as a saw the team sheet I knew we were in trouble. Going back to the bad old ways, I thought bulut got it but maybe he doesn’t. In the home tie, I believe you lost Joe Allen in the warm up? Now this is a game you need someone, a local, someone who is going to give everything. That swung things in our favour early, you looked lost, no one stood up. That’s exactly what we looked like yesterday. Now I know Ramsey hasn’t played for 6 months but we needed him from the off, if only to set the tone to everyone else, the clueless who didn’t see, to know what was coming. Why no colwill? Our best player of late also? A guy who will know the standard too. Ralls also, been here since he was a kid. Wintle is so weak.
A decent barometer for how things should be are the u21 and u18, both of which regularly beat you, full of local lads who just know. That’s what you need in a Derby…..we’d have been better of playing both colwil brothers and ashford, can’t have done any worse. You like us want to see passion, we are Welsh after all. It was a good, if strange feeling after the first game, thought the club had learnt from years of bad mgt, but no….back to standard. Embarrassing to the city of Cardiff, again.

Normal service resumed.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:50 - Mar 17 with 943 viewsunion_jack

I posted rather in hope last week that Cardiff may have exhausted themselves physically and emotionally in that miraculous win against Ipswich. It seemed that may have played a part.

It’s amazing how often the ‘after the Lord Mayor)s show’ syndrome comes into play. To that end, I’m glad we’ve got a bit of a break but hope LW can instil a positive attitude for the remaining games especially the next couple.p and not dwell on the glory of yesterday.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:53 - Mar 17 with 937 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:27 - Mar 17 by Whiterockin

Normal service resumed.

I don't believe for a moment that having Ramsey starting would have made the slightest difference, our press and intensity along with our ability to win the ball back they just couldn't cope with and as for Colwill , if he's been touted as a PL player then based on yesterday I'll have some of what his supporters are smoking, very little composure and
trying too hard to make an impact , all in all not impressed although he did make a slight difference to their attack only down to having fresh legs but little else, imo

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:57 - Mar 17 with 916 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:53 - Mar 17 by Boundy

I don't believe for a moment that having Ramsey starting would have made the slightest difference, our press and intensity along with our ability to win the ball back they just couldn't cope with and as for Colwill , if he's been touted as a PL player then based on yesterday I'll have some of what his supporters are smoking, very little composure and
trying too hard to make an impact , all in all not impressed although he did make a slight difference to their attack only down to having fresh legs but little else, imo

Ramsay is just a poor man's Grimes, his days have long gone.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 19:58 - Mar 17 with 906 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 11:35 - Mar 17 by Boundy

That’s the way to respond
Take note folks

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 20:11 - Mar 17 with 855 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 15:41 - Mar 16 by bennytheblue

Congrats folks, you wanted it more as could be seen from the off. Don’t think we got going until the 80th minute bulut as ever, starts the wrong team.

Cheers butty good sportsmanship.
Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 21:30 - Mar 17 with 762 viewsKeithHaynes

The weekend that ensured everything for Swansea City 17th Mar 2024 20:47
The build up, the rivalry, the pressure, the game, the outcome and loads more this evening on the Indy. Take your pick, relax and enjoy the final part of the weekend. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Cardiff City : Match day thread * UPDATED THURS on 11:50 - Mar 19 with 448 viewsWhiterockin

A couple of stats.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/vital-statistics-swansea-city-v-cardiff-city-0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024