Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread 11:00 - Mar 24 with 9845 viewsModeratorC

It’s Easter there’s bloody bunnies everywhere and hats and eggs. Puking kids and the odd beer no doubt as well. Two games in quick succession, some would say important ones. Here’s the first.

Owls v Swans : Wednesday targeting three points in their relegation fight 28th Mar 2024 09:14
We all talk about the biggest game of the season, the most difficult or even the hardest, however tomorrow’s game should be filed under the most dangerous. Sheffield Wednesday bar a hammering last time out are in form and desperate for points. 0

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield 28th Mar 2024 18:32
It’s a big game for Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow afternoon and Luke Williams has kept his promise to stick with the players that have boosted his popularity rating as Swans manager in recent times. There most certainly will be a very similar team drawn from Williams squad that overwhelmed Cardiff City nearly two weeks ago. 0

Swansea City : All the news on todays game at Sheffield Wednesday 29th Mar 2024 08:00
The first of two games over four days is today. The Easter fixture list always sets the pulses racing. It’s not a season decider of course, but a team picking up points in front of a bumper crowd could just retrieve their season. 0

TEAM NEWS : Sheffield Wednesday v Swansea City 29th Mar 2024 13:11
Both sides have players out. The Swans have Kyle Naughton unavailable and it seems this morning he could miss more than just a few weeks. Sam Parker and Josh Ginnelly are definitely out. Iké Ugbo and Di'Shon Bernard are available for the Owls. 0

Swansea City earn a draw but really that was a poor performance by any measure 29th Mar 2024 17:37
The Swans returned to La La land this afternoon, and that’s with all due respects to anyone of the La La land persuasion. The fighting talk pre match was left in the dressing room and surely Luke Williams can’t be happy with that performance ? 0

Swans return to normal, Luke Williams response is so, so 30th Mar 2024 10:21
Swans head coach, Luke Williams blamed the referee and officials for the first goal at Sheffield Wednesday when an incorrect call led to the opening goal. Really he could have cut down his explanations by saying ‘We didn’t turn up, we move on’ 0

This post has been edited by an administrator
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:01 - Mar 30 with 972 viewsBoundy

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 20:31 - Mar 29 by jack247

Relax. We’re safe

Next season with same attitude we won't be

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:09 - Mar 30 with 968 viewsDr_Winston

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:01 - Mar 30 by Boundy

Maybe. Probably not.

People have been predicting our imminent relegation from The Championship since we arrived back in it and we've never even seriously looked like we could slip into trouble, except until the end of last Winter and that was a coaching problem rather than a squad one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:23 - Mar 30 with 915 viewsonehunglow

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:09 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

Maybe. Probably not.

People have been predicting our imminent relegation from The Championship since we arrived back in it and we've never even seriously looked like we could slip into trouble, except until the end of last Winter and that was a coaching problem rather than a squad one.

It’s only fear
Looking at us yesterday ,some would wonder why others don’t see it.
Everyone has a right to an opinion

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:31 - Mar 30 with 908 viewsDr_Winston

Yesterday we secured an away point against a team that had won five of its previous eight games, losing only to the current top three. The performance wasn't great, but an away point is an away point.

Of course, there are those who prefer to wallow in misery so they'll do everything they can to find the negative in anything and get very defensive and touchy when others state an alternate view.
[Post edited 30 Mar 9:34]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:01 - Mar 30 with 857 viewssw02sea

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:38 - Mar 30 by vetchonian

really?
We were losing before the subs were made then we scored following the subs

Yeah, Patino and Yates shone out like beckons of hope when they came on!
The quicker we’re shot of the pair of them the better.
I did say Granted Lowe scored.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:22 - Mar 30 with 830 viewsjack247

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:01 - Mar 30 by Boundy

My guess is we will. Although I’ll probably revise that when I see who comes and goes in the summer.

The way Williams plays, we’ll win too many to go down and lose too many for top six
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:29 - Mar 30 with 818 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans return to normal, Luke Williams response is so, so 30th Mar 2024 10:21
Swans head coach, Luke Williams blamed the referee and officials for the first goal at Sheffield Wednesday when an incorrect call led to the opening goal. Really he could have cut down his explanations by saying ‘We didn’t turn up, we move on’ 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:34 - Mar 30 with 804 viewsjack247

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 09:09 - Mar 30 by Dr_Winston

Maybe. Probably not.

It will be the same next season and every season until they are stopped clock right. Two or three bad games on the spin and we’ll have calls for Williams’ head and be seen as certs for relegation.

All while comparing us to next seasons Ipswich and bemoaning why Bournemouth are in the PL and we aren’t.
Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:59 - Mar 30 with 792 viewsOptimisticJack

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:48 - Mar 30 by vetchonian

I agree Richard..I suspect he is resting Joey for the home games so we can play more with the intent we saw against Cardiff and enthuse the crowd.Joey is not up to playing 90 mins and certainlybnot capable of sustained performances with matched 2 days apart.
In fairness to the manager he has arrived mid season with little input to his squad he had brought some improvement.... points away from home are always good even a draw against relegatin candidates fighting for survival. Let's get behind him and them judge him after his first 10 games next season.

Agree.
I was just about to post an almost identical response.

Optimisticjack

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:01 - Mar 30 with 788 viewsRichardO

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 08:48 - Mar 30 by vetchonian

I agree Richard..I suspect he is resting Joey for the home games so we can play more with the intent we saw against Cardiff and enthuse the crowd.Joey is not up to playing 90 mins and certainlybnot capable of sustained performances with matched 2 days apart.
In fairness to the manager he has arrived mid season with little input to his squad he had brought some improvement.... points away from home are always good even a draw against relegatin candidates fighting for survival. Let's get behind him and them judge him after his first 10 games next season.

William's is working with limited resources given the number of injuries the squad has suffered, same could have been said with Duff's tenure although a completed change of tactics didn't help inspire any confidence with Duff.
It will be interesting to see who William's starts with on Monday it looked as if the one of our most consistent players Paterson may have tweaked his groin.
Also the change of side for our wingers didn't really work at least Placheta seems to be creating an understanding with Tymon, I thought Key and Ronald needed more game time together to build up that partnership especially as Placheta looked uncomfortable on the right.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:27 - Mar 30 with 757 viewsHoneyBadger

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 10:01 - Mar 30 by sw02sea

Yeah, Patino and Yates shone out like beckons of hope when they came on!
The quicker we’re shot of the pair of them the better.
I did say Granted Lowe scored.

Patino will probably leave at the end of the season and I wouldn't blame him. I can absolutely guarantee wherever he goes he will thrive and become a great player. The way Swansea play does not really allow such a talented player to fulfill his potential. He is probably the only player in the squad that has the quality to fit into a top level high tempo passing team. It would be great to see Swansea with a coach that allows this type of play but we are a long way from that right now. I think player retention will be a problem for Swansea unless the coaching/results improve. I will be very surprised if Harry Darling is wearing a Swansea shirt next season.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:12 - Mar 30 with 723 viewsLuther27

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:01 - Mar 30 by RichardO

William's is working with limited resources given the number of injuries the squad has suffered, same could have been said with Duff's tenure although a completed change of tactics didn't help inspire any confidence with Duff.
It will be interesting to see who William's starts with on Monday it looked as if the one of our most consistent players Paterson may have tweaked his groin.
Also the change of side for our wingers didn't really work at least Placheta seems to be creating an understanding with Tymon, I thought Key and Ronald needed more game time together to build up that partnership especially as Placheta looked uncomfortable on the right.

Didn’t see the game yesterday but after reading the BBC report it sounded as though we did ok….then I read this sites comments. Dear God. Were we that bad?
Our squad really is thin on the ground….and no doubt it’ll be thinner next season. I agree with the reasons why Joey wasn’t picked….as much as I wanted him in instead of Fulton…but how or who will replace him next season? Where on earth do we start with yet another so called project.
I disagree with Dr W remarks that appear to say we didn’t flirt with relegation….we certainly did. Next season who knows, but right now our ambition as a club appears to be survival. Lack of ambition to progress beyond that mentality will lead to a slow lingering death for us in this league.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:34 - Mar 30 with 617 viewsnantywatcher

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 11:27 - Mar 30 by HoneyBadger

Patino will probably leave at the end of the season and I wouldn't blame him. I can absolutely guarantee wherever he goes he will thrive and become a great player. The way Swansea play does not really allow such a talented player to fulfill his potential. He is probably the only player in the squad that has the quality to fit into a top level high tempo passing team. It would be great to see Swansea with a coach that allows this type of play but we are a long way from that right now. I think player retention will be a problem for Swansea unless the coaching/results improve. I will be very surprised if Harry Darling is wearing a Swansea shirt next season.

I doubt your absolutely guarantees are worth the paper they're written on!
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:35 - Mar 30 with 617 viewsRichardO

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 12:12 - Mar 30 by Luther27

Didn’t see the game yesterday but after reading the BBC report it sounded as though we did ok….then I read this sites comments. Dear God. Were we that bad?
Our squad really is thin on the ground….and no doubt it’ll be thinner next season. I agree with the reasons why Joey wasn’t picked….as much as I wanted him in instead of Fulton…but how or who will replace him next season? Where on earth do we start with yet another so called project.
I disagree with Dr W remarks that appear to say we didn’t flirt with relegation….we certainly did. Next season who knows, but right now our ambition as a club appears to be survival. Lack of ambition to progress beyond that mentality will lead to a slow lingering death for us in this league.

The game was as bad as and similar to the Bristol and Watford games in so much as while for the most part we control possession we looked comfortable but SHW were comfortable set up to counter our possession game and ensure the wide areas were well covered and as we struggled to progress through the middle, our game was stifled and became pedestrian and in the end tried to force things and eventually their small amount of pressure resulted in us conceding.

Changes made mainly Allen coming on the 70min mark gave us a bit more impetus through the middle with Allen resulting in the equaliser in the 76 min but having said that also on the 70 min mark Key went off and we ended up playing Fulton as right back as we pushed on to win the game we ended up looking totally shapeless trying to force things and when SHW went looking for the three points we struggled to just about holding on. A point recovered but should it have been more or less?
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:40 - Mar 30 with 597 viewsLuther27

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:35 - Mar 30 by RichardO

The game was as bad as and similar to the Bristol and Watford games in so much as while for the most part we control possession we looked comfortable but SHW were comfortable set up to counter our possession game and ensure the wide areas were well covered and as we struggled to progress through the middle, our game was stifled and became pedestrian and in the end tried to force things and eventually their small amount of pressure resulted in us conceding.

Changes made mainly Allen coming on the 70min mark gave us a bit more impetus through the middle with Allen resulting in the equaliser in the 76 min but having said that also on the 70 min mark Key went off and we ended up playing Fulton as right back as we pushed on to win the game we ended up looking totally shapeless trying to force things and when SHW went looking for the three points we struggled to just about holding on. A point recovered but should it have been more or less?

Well….more accurate commentary here then.
Fulton full back? Maybe they got inspiration from Dan James at right back 🙄
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 16:16 - Mar 30 with 517 viewsHoneyBadger

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 14:34 - Mar 30 by nantywatcher

I doubt your absolutely guarantees are worth the paper they're written on!

So you don't think he will leave Swansea🙂. We will have to agree to disagree. Let's review at say Easter next year. Will give us a short distraction from the relegation battle assuming the current style of play is unchanged
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:49 - Mar 30 with 470 viewssw02sea

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 16:16 - Mar 30 by HoneyBadger

So you don't think he will leave Swansea🙂. We will have to agree to disagree. Let's review at say Easter next year. Will give us a short distraction from the relegation battle assuming the current style of play is unchanged

I will look with interest next season, to watch the supposedly £20m rated Patino, wherever he plays.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:16 - Mar 30 with 453 viewsKeithHaynes

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 17:49 - Mar 30 by sw02sea

I will look with interest next season, to watch the supposedly £20m rated Patino, wherever he plays.

Arsenal have done some incredible work punting him to Juve. Fair play.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:33 - Mar 30 with 409 viewsWhiterockin

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:16 - Mar 30 by KeithHaynes

Arsenal have done some incredible work punting him to Juve. Fair play.

Surprised me, I just think that his defensive game is not up to Italian standard.
Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 19:25 - Mar 30 with 345 viewsjack247

Sheffield Weds v Swansea City : Match day thread on 18:33 - Mar 30 by Whiterockin

Surprised me, I just think that his defensive game is not up to Italian standard.

It’s not up to championship standard, in fact it’s practically non existent. I don’t think it’s a lack of work rate as he just doesn’t seem to know what to do.

On the ball, he’s head and shoulders above.

In a dominant team that can use him as a luxury, I’m sure he’d do well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024